PDA

View Full Version : Goody Bags

Shirley M...have a goodaa \\;-\)
August 21st 03, 10:21 PM
When we lived in Minnesota the goody bags were a must no matter what
activity was supplied, Chuckie Cheese, bowling, gymnastics etc. The moms
all generally had very generous bags and even sent bags to entire classes
when the birthday fell on a school day! So I think like you, if you are
providing bowling you don't have to have goody bags BUT again, it depends on
the area of the country.

Shirley
Chris and Kathleen 1/95

H Schinske
August 21st 03, 10:58 PM
wrote:

>When we lived in Minnesota the goody bags were a must no matter what
>activity was supplied

I know this gets to be a local custom eventually, but personally I think the
person who is giving the party makes the rules about what is adequate. If *you*
think you are doing enough to ensure the kids are having a good time, that is
all that matters. Anyone who would judge another person's birthday party
harshly because there weren't goody bags, or there weren't "good enough" goody
bags, well, I'm not so sure I want my kids having to worry about keeping their
kids' friendship anyway! (I hasten to add that I've never, to my knowledge, met
such a person!) So I don't think that local custom should have to play that big
a part in it. After all, you are local too. Your tastes matter as much as
anyone else's, particularly when it comes to *your* kids' party!

--Helen (who did have goody bags at her kids' last party, but not very
expensive ones, just little silly toys)