PDA

View Full Version : Triplets - Can they share a sac and not be monoamniotic?

Ms.Confusion
August 26th 03, 01:15 AM
I just found out today that I am pregnant with triplets (5w4d) (w/o
fertility drugs). My doctor says it looks like they are sharing a sac
but said it's too early to tell. He also said b/c I was bleeding I
had a 50/50 chance of miscarriage. I have a higher level U/S next
monday. I have never heard of triplets being MoMo, I guess anything
is possible, but it seems like it would be very risky. Does anyone
know anything about this, or experinced a similar situation?

Andrea
August 29th 03, 03:53 AM
I'm sorry I don't have any info. for you about your question, but I did want to
tell you congratulations on your pg. My fingers are crossed for you that all
goes well. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Andrea
twin girls-Madison & Jordan
3 yrs. old

FR
August 29th 03, 07:58 PM
Congratulation.

We had our triplets in Feb of this year. Two were in the same sack. They
were mo-di. In addition to an Ob/Gyn that specializes in high risk
pregnancies you need to see a perinatologist (sp?).

Best of luck to you. You have a lot to look forward to.

FR