PDA

View Full Version : First day of school.....sob :(

Andrea
September 3rd 03, 08:18 PM
I thought I was doing pretty good this school year. I cried for a month before
Jordan & Madison started Mother's Morning Out 2 years ago, and cried for
several days before they started 2 year-old preschool last year. So I was
pretty proud of myself when I made it to today with no tears. I took them to
preschool, took some pictures, kissed and hugged them goodbye, then walked out
of the classroom and fell apart. It suddenly hit me the moment I walked into
the hall. I've been crying on and off all day ever since. I'm a wreck! I think
what's making it even worse is knowing that we will probably never have another
child to go through this milestone with again. I'm also 95% sure that I'm going
back to teaching next year, so I will never be able to drop the girls off for
their first day of school again because I will have to be in my own classroom.
Children grow up too fast, it's not fair!

Ok, I have to pull myself together because Madison just woke up from her nap.

Thanks for listening,
Andrea
twin girls-Jordan & Madison
3 yrs. old already

Kender
September 4th 03, 03:10 PM
I thought I was doing well yesterday too. I made it all the way to the
grocery store after I dropped them off for 1st grade and then started
bawling in the bulk food section. Oh the joys of parenting.

Hug Andrea.

--
Erin
Morgan and Megan 2/15/97

"Andrea" > wrote in message
> I thought I was doing pretty good this school year. I cried for a month
before
> Jordan & Madison started Mother's Morning Out 2 years ago, and cried for
> several days before they started 2 year-old preschool last year. So I was
> pretty proud of myself when I made it to today with no tears. I took them
> preschool, took some pictures, kissed and hugged them goodbye, then walked
out
> of the classroom and fell apart. It suddenly hit me the moment I walked
into
> the hall. I've been crying on and off all day ever since. I'm a wreck! I
think
> what's making it even worse is knowing that we will probably never have
another
> child to go through this milestone with again. I'm also 95% sure that I'm
going
> back to teaching next year, so I will never be able to drop the girls off
for
> their first day of school again because I will have to be in my own
classroom.
> Children grow up too fast, it's not fair!
>
> Ok, I have to pull myself together because Madison just woke up from her
nap.

> Thanks for listening,
> Andrea
> twin girls-Jordan & Madison
> 3 yrs. old already

Ellen Kmetz
September 4th 03, 08:04 PM
Big hugs to you, Andrea. I did the same thing with DD and know I will with the
boys as well.

Take care,

Ellen
--------
Erin 6/26/95
Bradley & Alex 10/5/00

thefackrells
September 5th 03, 04:05 AM
LOL.....My first born started Kindergarten back on Aug 13......I about
jumped for joy!!!! Lord I wish it was an all day kindergarten! LOL :)
gwen

thefackrells
September 5th 03, 04:05 AM
LOL.....My first born started Kindergarten back on Aug 13......I about
jumped for joy!!!! Lord I wish it was an all day kindergarten! LOL :)
gwen

Leslie
September 5th 03, 06:11 AM
Big hugs Andrea. Mine start next Tuesday, and I'm not sure how I'll react.
Right now, I'm looking forward to it in a big way since I work from home and
need those few hours every day. We'll see what happens Tuesday.
--
Leslie
Alex and Jordan, 06 May 2000

"Andrea" > wrote in message
> I thought I was doing pretty good this school year. I cried for a month
before
> Jordan & Madison started Mother's Morning Out 2 years ago, and cried for
> several days before they started 2 year-old preschool last year. So I was
> pretty proud of myself when I made it to today with no tears. I took them
> preschool, took some pictures, kissed and hugged them goodbye, then walked
out
> of the classroom and fell apart. It suddenly hit me the moment I walked
into
> the hall. I've been crying on and off all day ever since. I'm a wreck! I
think
> what's making it even worse is knowing that we will probably never have
another
> child to go through this milestone with again. I'm also 95% sure that I'm
going
> back to teaching next year, so I will never be able to drop the girls off
for
> their first day of school again because I will have to be in my own
classroom.
> Children grow up too fast, it's not fair!
>
> Ok, I have to pull myself together because Madison just woke up from her
nap.

> Thanks for listening,
> Andrea
> twin girls-Jordan & Madison
> 3 yrs. old already

Andrea
September 7th 03, 02:12 AM
>I guess this is where the insensitive male in me comes out. I don't feel the
>need to cry when I see that they are growing. Heck, I love to see them grow!

My dh is the same way. He just shakes his head at me and tells me I need help.
:)

I did call him after I dropped them off (for the previous 2 years he's been
there on the first day with me) because I was just sooo upset. He said
something like "I'm sorry you're so upset." He did try to be sympathetic, but
he just doesn't get it.

I know the girls are fine and loving school and I enjoy having the time to
myself, but it just saddens me that it's another milestone gone by (too
quickly, I might add). =(

Andrea
twin girls-Madison & Jordan
3 yrs. old

Andrea
September 7th 03, 02:12 AM
>I guess this is where the insensitive male in me comes out. I don't feel the
>need to cry when I see that they are growing. Heck, I love to see them grow!

My dh is the same way. He just shakes his head at me and tells me I need help.
:)

I did call him after I dropped them off (for the previous 2 years he's been
there on the first day with me) because I was just sooo upset. He said
something like "I'm sorry you're so upset." He did try to be sympathetic, but
he just doesn't get it.

I know the girls are fine and loving school and I enjoy having the time to
myself, but it just saddens me that it's another milestone gone by (too
quickly, I might add). =(

Andrea
twin girls-Madison & Jordan
3 yrs. old

GandSBrock
September 7th 03, 08:33 PM
Awww Andrea, hugs to you.

I thought I was doing great last year, not one tear, until the last day and the
teacher handed me a notebook she put together with pictures taken throughout
the year. Wah!! All those moments I missed! Wah! Their first year of
preschool over. *sniff*

I'm going to be a basket case when they graduate from high school or when they
get married...

Stephanie
Jake and Ryan 9/3/99

GandSBrock
September 7th 03, 08:33 PM
Awww Andrea, hugs to you.

I thought I was doing great last year, not one tear, until the last day and the
teacher handed me a notebook she put together with pictures taken throughout
the year. Wah!! All those moments I missed! Wah! Their first year of
preschool over. *sniff*

I'm going to be a basket case when they graduate from high school or when they
get married...

Stephanie
Jake and Ryan 9/3/99

GandSBrock
September 7th 03, 08:37 PM
>Meanwhile, Holly is going three hours two days a week. It's more of a
>wrench leaving her (youngest? without a sibling?) than it ever was leaving
>them in preschool -- I keep calling the school to see she's OK. They are
>probably sick of me.

LOL! But I can see what you mean. How do people with singletons do it? Send
their child off all alone, into the lions den to brave it alone. Cold cruel
world... (ok, a little too melodramatic)

Stephanie
Jake and Ryan 9/3/99

GandSBrock
September 7th 03, 08:37 PM
>Meanwhile, Holly is going three hours two days a week. It's more of a
>wrench leaving her (youngest? without a sibling?) than it ever was leaving
>them in preschool -- I keep calling the school to see she's OK. They are
>probably sick of me.

LOL! But I can see what you mean. How do people with singletons do it? Send
their child off all alone, into the lions den to brave it alone. Cold cruel
world... (ok, a little too melodramatic)

Stephanie
Jake and Ryan 9/3/99

Andrea
September 8th 03, 08:35 PM
L>Another milestone - first love...Kathleen in totally enthralled by a new kid
>in class - Matt. He gave her a pencil, she says her heart just beats fast
>and she's breathless!!! They sit near each other in music and get silly
>while they sing! Oh boy, thought this didn't happen until Junior High!

LOL! No kidding! What did you say when she told you? I just have to know.
Maybe it will help me in the hopefully distant future. :)