PDA

View Full Version : 1-year old Diet

KimandJuan
September 9th 03, 01:23 PM
Hello,

Now that my babies are going to be 1 in less than a month. I am overwhelmed
at the thought of giving up their nutritious formula. They are pretty good
eaters. I guess what I am most concerned about is making sure they get a well
rounded diet with all the food groups on a daily basis. Does anyone know of a
website with ideas on a toddlers diet?

TIA

~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
come see us...
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/

shirley
September 9th 03, 10:14 PM
We were told over and over that it isn't a DAILY food intake but weekly.
Some days the twins would eat 3 apples and other days no fruit at all, but
for the week they certainly had very balanced food intake. Bread, cereal
are your grains, again, snacks do count, milk (or formula - though we
switched to whole milk at 1), ice cream, yogurt, calcium, hot dogs (chicken
pref.), hamburger pieces, chicken cut up (meat) etc., etc. Again, it was a
pediatric dietitian who said that the groups needed to watched by the week,
not day, so that parents wouldn't fret.

Shirley
Chris and Kathleen 1/95
"KimandJuan" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Now that my babies are going to be 1 in less than a month. I am
overwhelmed
> at the thought of giving up their nutritious formula. They are pretty
good
> eaters. I guess what I am most concerned about is making sure they get a
well
> rounded diet with all the food groups on a daily basis. Does anyone know
of a
> website with ideas on a toddlers diet?
>
> TIA
>
> ~Kimberly
> Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
> Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
> come see us...
> http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/

shirley
September 9th 03, 10:14 PM
We were told over and over that it isn't a DAILY food intake but weekly.
Some days the twins would eat 3 apples and other days no fruit at all, but
for the week they certainly had very balanced food intake. Bread, cereal
are your grains, again, snacks do count, milk (or formula - though we
switched to whole milk at 1), ice cream, yogurt, calcium, hot dogs (chicken
pref.), hamburger pieces, chicken cut up (meat) etc., etc. Again, it was a
pediatric dietitian who said that the groups needed to watched by the week,
not day, so that parents wouldn't fret.

Shirley
Chris and Kathleen 1/95
"KimandJuan" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Now that my babies are going to be 1 in less than a month. I am
overwhelmed
> at the thought of giving up their nutritious formula. They are pretty
good
> eaters. I guess what I am most concerned about is making sure they get a
well
> rounded diet with all the food groups on a daily basis. Does anyone know
of a
> website with ideas on a toddlers diet?
>
> TIA
>
> ~Kimberly
> Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
> Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
> come see us...
> http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/

Megan Byrne
September 10th 03, 01:10 AM
Kim,
I have been thinking of the same things latley. Can you believe our
babies will be 1 in a few short weeks?? At least you have a little
experience, having Alexis. Every time a new feeding routine is
introduced it seems overwhelming to me. My kids g for their 1 yr. appt.
to the pedi in Oct. and I will keep them on the formula and stage 3 food
until then. Then, I will ask the pedi what she reccommends for feeding a
1 yr. old.

Do you have any recent pics of the girls on your website?

Megan
Mommy to miracle twins...
Aidan & Alexis
Born 9-28-02

Megan Byrne
September 10th 03, 01:10 AM
Kim,
I have been thinking of the same things latley. Can you believe our
babies will be 1 in a few short weeks?? At least you have a little
experience, having Alexis. Every time a new feeding routine is
introduced it seems overwhelming to me. My kids g for their 1 yr. appt.
to the pedi in Oct. and I will keep them on the formula and stage 3 food
until then. Then, I will ask the pedi what she reccommends for feeding a
1 yr. old.

Do you have any recent pics of the girls on your website?

Megan
Mommy to miracle twins...
Aidan & Alexis
Born 9-28-02

Megan Byrne
September 10th 03, 04:11 AM
Kim,
Refresh my memory...were Emma and Aislyn premature? Mine were 7 weeks
premature. Alexis is doing great, right up there with a fullterm baby.
She is "cruising" all around the furniture and will let and take 1 step
towards me. She stands for a few seconds by herself. Aidan has had some
issues with low muscle tone and has been in PT since June, but since
then he has been doing remarkably. He gets around the house using an
"army crawl" and sometimes is faster than Alexis. Just this past Sat. he
pulled himself into a standing position for the first time and has been
standing, holding onto something, ever since.

In a way, I do not want them to walk. That is just another "baby" thing
that will disappear. I know that all stages of childhood are exciting
but it is bittersweet to come to an end of that infant stage. :(

I don't know your story, but I have major infertility/complicated
pregnancy issues, so I don't know if I will have anymore children. So,
everyday is just so special to me.

Blah, blah, blah.... :)

[...]

Andrea
September 11th 03, 09:29 PM
> You
>probably hear a lot.

That sentence was supposed to read "You probably hear it a lot."

Sorry, I keep goofing up!

Andrea
twin girls-Jordan & Madison
3 yrs. old

Andrea
September 11th 03, 09:29 PM
> You
>probably hear a lot.

That sentence was supposed to read "You probably hear it a lot."

Sorry, I keep goofing up!

Andrea
twin girls-Jordan & Madison
3 yrs. old

Andrea
September 11th 03, 09:35 PM
>I put a few pictures of Alexis on
>the website so you can see how much she looked like them at this age. That
>is
>the only things that makes us think they are fraternal.

Wow! You're right about that! They do look amazingly like Alexis. I remember
you saying that Emma & Aislyn look a lot like Alexis did when she was a baby,
but I didn't realize they favored each other *that* much.