PDA

View Full Version : Re: OT-Hurricane

Megan Byrne
September 17th 03, 07:42 PM
Hi! I am in coastal NJ, Monmouth County to be exact, and we are one of
the counties that is getting major warnings, but they are calling them
"Tropical Storm" warnings, not hurricane. I guess they think that it
will calm down a bit before it gets here.

I am 7 blocks from the ocean and it has been rough for a good 2 weeks
now with all the storms brewing out in the Atlantic.

Luckily, DH is off Th., Fri., Sat., so he will be here if we have any
big emergencies. I am not afraid of the flooding where I am, just the
wind. DH is out in the yard now, putting things away and tying some
stuff down.

Just another exciting week at the Jersey Shore!!

Megan
Mommy to miracle twins...
Aidan & Alexis
Born 9-28-02

[...]

Cindy Senger
September 18th 03, 07:11 PM
We're right in the path but a long ways inland so its being called a tropical
storm here, too. Its raining some now and the wind is picking up-- the worst
of it is supposed to hit here overnight tonight. We're not expecting anything
major here-- we tied down and put away a bunch of stuff yesterday, but we're
not in danger of flooding where we are-- but expect to hear about lots of it
nearby. Most of the schools and even colleges have closed for today and
tomorrow and we haven't gotten an inch of rain yet today. And yesterday the
grocery store was insane! I actually had trouble finding a parking spot.

-Cindy in Virginia (mom to Ashlyn and Allyson 6/99 and Jenna 6/03)

In article >,
says...

>Andrea and others on the Eastern seabord-
>
>Are you close to where the hurricane is supposed to hit? I've been thinking
>of you as I follow the news on it. I sure hope all will be well for you.
>
>Leslie

Cindy Senger
September 18th 03, 07:11 PM
We're right in the path but a long ways inland so its being called a tropical
storm here, too. Its raining some now and the wind is picking up-- the worst
of it is supposed to hit here overnight tonight. We're not expecting anything
major here-- we tied down and put away a bunch of stuff yesterday, but we're
not in danger of flooding where we are-- but expect to hear about lots of it
nearby. Most of the schools and even colleges have closed for today and
tomorrow and we haven't gotten an inch of rain yet today. And yesterday the
grocery store was insane! I actually had trouble finding a parking spot.

-Cindy in Virginia (mom to Ashlyn and Allyson 6/99 and Jenna 6/03)

In article >,
says...

>Andrea and others on the Eastern seabord-
>
>Are you close to where the hurricane is supposed to hit? I've been thinking
>of you as I follow the news on it. I sure hope all will be well for you.
>
>Leslie

Megan Byrne
September 18th 03, 07:35 PM
I just went to the food store and it was insane also. No milk and bread,
sorta like a snowstorm is coming. I was down by the beach earlier and
the ocean was huge! The water was already up to the boardwalk and high
tide was not even in yet. We are excpectng 60 MPH winds between 3A-11A.
I love storms, but they are pretty destructive.

Megan
Mommy to miracle twins...
Aidan & Alexis
Born 9-28-02

Megan Byrne
September 18th 03, 07:35 PM
I just went to the food store and it was insane also. No milk and bread,
sorta like a snowstorm is coming. I was down by the beach earlier and
the ocean was huge! The water was already up to the boardwalk and high
tide was not even in yet. We are excpectng 60 MPH winds between 3A-11A.
I love storms, but they are pretty destructive.

Megan
Mommy to miracle twins...
Aidan & Alexis
Born 9-28-02

Andrea
September 22nd 03, 02:17 AM
>-Cindy in Virginia

I didn't know you live in VA! What city do you live in, if you don't mind
sharing? My parents live in Alexandria. I lived in Falls Church and Wash. DC
years ago.

Hope you didn't get hit too hard by Isabel.

Andrea
twin girls-Jordan & Madison
3 yrs. old

Andrea
September 22nd 03, 02:17 AM
>-Cindy in Virginia

I didn't know you live in VA! What city do you live in, if you don't mind
sharing? My parents live in Alexandria. I lived in Falls Church and Wash. DC
years ago.

Hope you didn't get hit too hard by Isabel.

Andrea
twin girls-Jordan & Madison
3 yrs. old

Andrea
September 22nd 03, 02:26 AM
>Andrea and others on the Eastern seabord-
>
>Are you close to where the hurricane is supposed to hit? I've been thinking
>of you as I follow the news on it. I sure hope all will be well for you.

Thank you Leslie.

We could see the outer clouds from Isabel and had quite a bit of wind, but
nothing else. My parents live in Alexandria, Virginia and got hit harder than
us, but they fared pretty well. We used to live in Charleston, SC and would
have to stay glued to the TV every time a hurricane was brewing. We had to
evacuate a time or two, but never got hit by one while we lived there. My Mom
and I were laughing when I called to check on them because in the past it's
always been her calling to check on us when a hurricane's in the Atlantic.
This was the first time they've ever been hit by one.

Andrea
twin girls-Jordan & Madison
3 yrs. old

Andrea
September 22nd 03, 02:26 AM
>Andrea and others on the Eastern seabord-
>
>Are you close to where the hurricane is supposed to hit? I've been thinking
>of you as I follow the news on it. I sure hope all will be well for you.

Thank you Leslie.

We could see the outer clouds from Isabel and had quite a bit of wind, but
nothing else. My parents live in Alexandria, Virginia and got hit harder than
us, but they fared pretty well. We used to live in Charleston, SC and would
have to stay glued to the TV every time a hurricane was brewing. We had to
evacuate a time or two, but never got hit by one while we lived there. My Mom
and I were laughing when I called to check on them because in the past it's
always been her calling to check on us when a hurricane's in the Atlantic.
This was the first time they've ever been hit by one.

Andrea
twin girls-Jordan & Madison
3 yrs. old

Andrea
September 22nd 03, 02:28 AM
OOPS!! Sorry Cindy, I meant to send this as an email.

Andrea
twin girls-Jordan & Madison
3 yrs. old