PDA

View Full Version : Ugh!!! Head Lice!!!

shirley
September 22nd 03, 12:17 AM
It's so nice that the school gave us notice that a child had and was in
school on Tuesday and I found out on Sunday with the arrival of a few
friends on my DD head!!!! What a pain, we not only have to clean
everything, we went camping and shared just about everything. So $78.00
later, we are all treating our heads and cleaning clothes and sheets and
pillows and combs and, and, and...

I'm just so mad that they didn't even send a note home with the kids saying
that headlice had been discovered in a child. At least I would have been
watching or treated Kathleen immediately! Now everyone has to be treated!
I am going to give the principal a piece of my mind tomorrow for sure.

What a fun night - late into the night I'm sure.

Shirley
Mom to Chris and Kathleen 1/95

Andrea
September 22nd 03, 02:30 AM
Oh Shirley, I'm so sorry for you all. :( I've heard lice can spread like
wildfire.

Andrea
twin girls-Madison & Jordan
3 yrs. old

>It's so nice that the school gave us notice that a child had and was in
>school on Tuesday and I found out on Sunday with the arrival of a few
>friends on my DD head!!!! What a pain, we not only have to clean
>everything, we went camping and shared just about everything. So $78.00
>later, we are all treating our heads and cleaning clothes and sheets and
>pillows and combs and, and, and...
>
>I'm just so mad that they didn't even send a note home with the kids saying
>that headlice had been discovered in a child. At least I would have been
>watching or treated Kathleen immediately! Now everyone has to be treated!
>I am going to give the principal a piece of my mind tomorrow for sure.
>
>What a fun night - late into the night I'm sure.
>
>Shirley
>Mom to Chris and Kathleen 1/95

Andrea
September 22nd 03, 02:30 AM
Oh Shirley, I'm so sorry for you all. :( I've heard lice can spread like
wildfire.

Andrea
twin girls-Madison & Jordan
3 yrs. old

>It's so nice that the school gave us notice that a child had and was in
>school on Tuesday and I found out on Sunday with the arrival of a few
>friends on my DD head!!!! What a pain, we not only have to clean
>everything, we went camping and shared just about everything. So $78.00
>later, we are all treating our heads and cleaning clothes and sheets and
>pillows and combs and, and, and...
>
>I'm just so mad that they didn't even send a note home with the kids saying
>that headlice had been discovered in a child. At least I would have been
>watching or treated Kathleen immediately! Now everyone has to be treated!
>I am going to give the principal a piece of my mind tomorrow for sure.
>
>What a fun night - late into the night I'm sure.
>
>Shirley
>Mom to Chris and Kathleen 1/95

Kender
September 22nd 03, 02:54 AM
"shirley" > wrote in message
> It's so nice that the school gave us notice that a child had and was in
> school on Tuesday and I found out on Sunday with the arrival of a few
> friends on my DD head!!!! What a pain, we not only have to clean
> everything, we went camping and shared just about everything. So $78.00
> later, we are all treating our heads and cleaning clothes and sheets and
> pillows and combs and, and, and...
>
> I'm just so mad that they didn't even send a note home with the kids
saying
> that headlice had been discovered in a child. At least I would have been
> watching or treated Kathleen immediately! Now everyone has to be treated!
> I am going to give the principal a piece of my mind tomorrow for sure.
>
> What a fun night - late into the night I'm sure.
>
> Shirley
> Mom to Chris and Kathleen 1/95

Another set of twins got it when my girls were in preschool. Actually only
one of the two got it. Another girl in school ended up getting it too. That
was the first time in 16 years the teacher had ever had lice in her school.
It took awhile to discover and get rid of. You don't always look for it
right away.
So sorry to hear that you have to deal with it. Susie (the mom of the twins)
was exhausted trying to get rid of it and trying to get it not to spread.
The best advice she has was check check check and squish squish squish. It
worked better then the chemicals she said. One of those lice combs is your
best defense.
Good luck!
--
Erin
Morgan and Megan 2/15/97

Kender
September 22nd 03, 02:54 AM
"shirley" > wrote in message
> It's so nice that the school gave us notice that a child had and was in
> school on Tuesday and I found out on Sunday with the arrival of a few
> friends on my DD head!!!! What a pain, we not only have to clean
> everything, we went camping and shared just about everything. So $78.00
> later, we are all treating our heads and cleaning clothes and sheets and
> pillows and combs and, and, and...
>
> I'm just so mad that they didn't even send a note home with the kids
saying
> that headlice had been discovered in a child. At least I would have been
> watching or treated Kathleen immediately! Now everyone has to be treated!
> I am going to give the principal a piece of my mind tomorrow for sure.
>
> What a fun night - late into the night I'm sure.
>
> Shirley
> Mom to Chris and Kathleen 1/95

Another set of twins got it when my girls were in preschool. Actually only
one of the two got it. Another girl in school ended up getting it too. That
was the first time in 16 years the teacher had ever had lice in her school.
It took awhile to discover and get rid of. You don't always look for it
right away.
So sorry to hear that you have to deal with it. Susie (the mom of the twins)
was exhausted trying to get rid of it and trying to get it not to spread.
The best advice she has was check check check and squish squish squish. It
worked better then the chemicals she said. One of those lice combs is your
best defense.
Good luck!
--
Erin
Morgan and Megan 2/15/97
Evan 5/14/00

Ellen Kmetz
September 22nd 03, 04:47 PM
Ug, Shirley, I have heard what a major PITA it is the try to get rid of lice.
Are you saying that the school knew a student had it and did not notify the
other parents?

Ellen
--------
Erin 6/26/95
Bradley & Alex 10/5/00

Ellen Kmetz
September 22nd 03, 04:47 PM
Ug, Shirley, I have heard what a major PITA it is the try to get rid of lice.
Are you saying that the school knew a student had it and did not notify the
other parents?

Ellen
--------
Erin 6/26/95
Bradley & Alex 10/5/00

shirley
September 22nd 03, 04:57 PM
Yes, for 3 days. The father of the little girl (whom I have since found out
sits in front of Kathleen), told the teacher at Open House (Tuesday night),
that the child was staying at home for a few days to get head lice under
control. On Wednesday they could have easily sent a note home to the
parents of all 3rd graders but didn't nor on Thursday or Friday. We found
them on her on Sunday while camping!!! Needless to say we all have been in
contact with her pillows, combs, brushes, clothes, etc. Luckily, the school
nurse (who was called and couldn't come to the school until Friday - she
takes care of 10 schools - was not allowed to check all the 3rd grades
because they were at an assembly - much more important than checking heads),
told us to come over after we got home from camping and looked at her head
for us. She said it wasn't a real bad case but we ran to Walgreens and got
all the "stuff" trying to stay away from the bad chemicals and stuck with
the homeopathic stuff and the robicomb. This is only day two and we need to
do a nit check today again. I just hope we all caught it in time - we all
did our hair last night (except for my MIL) who would just die if she knew.
We don't use her stuff so I think she's OK. At least I hope so. She's of
that old school that "dirt = lice".

I know I'm whining but I took a day off of work to take care of washing
everything out and trying to get the situation under control.

Shirley