PDA

View Full Version : I Just Asked for a Little Help

karen
July 20th 03, 07:44 PM
I asked you guys for advise on my situation and I got accused of being a
liar. Thanks a lot. If you didn't notice, I *haven't* said anything to
anyone.

The main reason is I thought I would traumatize the boy if a big stink came
out of it. I'm talking about the French kissing post that turned into
something I couldn't follow at all. You seem to really be a big caring bunch
of guys, here of misc.kids. And to think of all the helpful advise I got
when I was asking about home births years ago. What happened to you people?
Have you all turned into monsters? I JUST WANT THE BEST FOR MY BOY!

---

Wendy Marsden
July 20th 03, 09:22 PM
karen > wrote:
> I asked you guys for advise on my situation and I got accused of being a
> liar. Thanks a lot. If you didn't notice, I *haven't* said anything to
> anyone.

I don't think I said you were a liar. I said to be careful about
intepretting this in such a way as to ruin lives needlessly.

No, I'm not worried about a kid who experiments with kissing - he no doubt
saw his Dad doing it, not to mention about a billion kisses on TV.

What I *am* worried about is a mother raising cries of sexual misconduct
and:

a.) losing custody
b.) traumatizing the kid (who is now labeled sexually molested
c.) did I mention losing custody?
d.) being known as someone who maliciously labels a woman you want to hate
as a child molester and
e.) making some innocent woman (even if you want to hate her) be labelled
as a child molester.

If you don't find my advice helpful, I'm sorry. Maybe you should go read
Banty's post - which as I recall said exactly the same thing.

By the way, R. Steve Walz is a known troll with a schtick about free love
for children. Kill-file him immediately!

Wendy

just me
July 20th 03, 09:57 PM
"Wendy Marsden" > wrote in message
> karen > wrote:
> By the way, R. Steve Walz is a known troll with a schtick about free love
> for children. Kill-file him immediately!

as well as duncan, the farting preacher, and their other sock puppets or
buddies.

-Aula

---

Dizzysmamma
July 20th 03, 10:42 PM

> as well as duncan, the farting preacher, and their other sock puppets or
> buddies.
>
> -Aula

I done stuffed em all into the trash compactor. After snipping groups first
of course. ;o)

Angela

karen
July 21st 03, 03:45 AM
Thanks for the advice.

"Dizzysmamma" > wrote in message

> > as well as duncan, the farting preacher, and their other sock puppets or
> > buddies.
> >
> > -Aula
> >
> I done stuffed em all into the trash compactor. After snipping groups
first
> of course. ;o)
>
> Angela

---

P. Tierney
July 21st 03, 05:48 AM
"karen" > wrote in message
> I asked you guys for advise on my situation and I got accused of being a
> liar. Thanks a lot. If you didn't notice, I *haven't* said anything to
> anyone.
>
> The main reason is I thought I would traumatize the boy if a big stink
came
> out of it. I'm talking about the French kissing post that turned into
> something I couldn't follow at all. You seem to really be a big caring
bunch
> of guys, here of misc.kids. And to think of all the helpful advise I got
> when I was asking about home births years ago. What happened to you
people?
> Have you all turned into monsters?

I think you lack perspective on this one. Scanning the thread for the
first time, I see that only a half dozen or so of the posts were direct
are entirely predictable. Predictable to anyone who has spent a bit
of time on the internet, anyway. And, most of the responses to you
are far from being monstrous. So, your complaint doesn't make a
whole lot of sense to me.

OTOH, coming back from vacation, there appear to be an unusually
large number of troll-ish posts from the past week. Comes in waves,
I guess.

P. Tierney

dejablues
July 21st 03, 09:51 PM
Here's some help. Teach your son to say "NO" to things that make him feel
uncomfortable!

"karen" > wrote in message
> I asked you guys for advise on my situation and I got accused of being a
> liar. Thanks a lot. If you didn't notice, I *haven't* said anything to
> anyone.
>
> The main reason is I thought I would traumatize the boy if a big stink
came
> out of it. I'm talking about the French kissing post that turned into
> something I couldn't follow at all. You seem to really be a big caring
bunch
> of guys, here of misc.kids. And to think of all the helpful advise I got
> when I was asking about home births years ago. What happened to you
people?
> Have you all turned into monsters? I JUST WANT THE BEST FOR MY BOY!
>

> ---

Astromum
July 22nd 03, 08:22 PM
P. Tierney wrote:

> OTOH, coming back from vacation, there appear to be an unusually
> large number of troll-ish posts from the past week. Comes in waves,
> I guess.

Ah, didn't you know? Trolls live in tribes.. ;)

--
-- Ilse
mom to Olaf (07/15/2002)

just me
July 22nd 03, 10:43 PM
"Astromum" > wrote in message
> P. Tierney wrote:
>
> > OTOH, coming back from vacation, there appear to be an unusually
> > large number of troll-ish posts from the past week. Comes in waves,
> > I guess.
>
> Ah, didn't you know? Trolls live in tribes.. ;)

and they issue from under the bridge

---