PDA

View Full Version : Cows Milk

GSX Neil
October 12th 03, 07:44 PM
Hi

What age can you give Cows Milk? My two girls will not drink Water or Juice
so I thought perhaps I could try giving them this.

Regards

Joanne H

H Schinske
October 12th 03, 09:15 PM
wrote:

>What age can you give Cows Milk? My two girls will not drink Water or Juice
>so I thought perhaps I could try giving them this.

Cow's milk is okay after a year. They can have small amounts as part of other
solid foods before then, if there are no allergy problems, but it shouldn't
replace breastmilk/formula before a year.

I'd work on the water way before the juice. Drinking water and eating fruit
whole is much better for them than filling up on juice.

--Helen

H Schinske
October 12th 03, 09:15 PM
wrote:

>What age can you give Cows Milk? My two girls will not drink Water or Juice
>so I thought perhaps I could try giving them this.

Cow's milk is okay after a year. They can have small amounts as part of other
solid foods before then, if there are no allergy problems, but it shouldn't
replace breastmilk/formula before a year.

I'd work on the water way before the juice. Drinking water and eating fruit
whole is much better for them than filling up on juice.

--Helen

KimandJuan
October 12th 03, 09:16 PM
Generally, it is not advised to give milk to children until they are twelve
months of age. How old are your twins? Are they nursing or taking formula?
Because, from my understanding they really don't need any additional liquids
until they are one. We started to introduce water in a sippy cup around 7-8
months old so that they could practice with it, not so much to actually get
liquids. They became very good at it around 10 months old though and I would
give it to them with a snack or if we were out playing at the park to keep them
hydrated.
Maybe it is not that they don't like the water or juice but the type of cup you
are using. Mine were picky we had to try several before we had any success.

~Kimberly
Mommy to Alexis Iliana 07/17/99 and
Emma Elidia & Aislyn Gabriela 10/01/02
come see us...
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aislynemma/

[...]

shirley
October 12th 03, 11:35 PM
I remember that our ped at the time said no juice until after 2. He also
felt that the juice is just a sweet filler that doesn't need to be
introduced before then. Babies need water or milk and milk (whole milk from
12-2 - from 2 on skim).

Shirley
Chris and Kathleen 1/95

"GSX Neil" > wrote in message
> Hi
>
> What age can you give Cows Milk? My two girls will not drink Water or
Juice
> so I thought perhaps I could try giving them this.
>
> Regards
>
> Joanne H

November 8th 03, 04:07 PM
Interesting site. For kids with the alphabet issues (ADD, ADHD etc) or
further along on the Autistic spectrum, MILK & WHEAT have been shown to a
major problem for over 80%. www.gfcfdiet.com to understand the issues.

MILK & WHEAT are by far the 2 most allergic foods we consume. MOST humans
become lactose intolerant, especially non-whites.

http://www.notmilk.com

http://www.notmilk.com/kradjian.html

We give our kids rice milk. There are other substitutes as well.

Good Luck - YMMV

Gemstone Talent
www.GemTal.com