PDA

View Full Version : I'm kind of cheesed off!

DeliciousTruffles
October 15th 03, 04:52 AM
MIL was over this past weekend for Thanksgiving and also an early
birthday for Katerina and Joshua.

She gave them one birthday card! I irks me to no end!

It's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but extremely
annoying. Just because they were born on the same day doesn't mean they
aren't individuals.

I should give her one card that encompasses her birthday and all the
other holidays of the year. Or, find out who else shares her birthday
and ask her to forward her birthday card to that person after she had a
glimpse of it!

BAH!

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Twinzmommie
October 15th 03, 01:15 PM
<< MIL was over this past weekend for Thanksgiving and also an early
birthday for Katerina and Joshua >><BR><BR>

Riley and James received one card from my SIL's mother for their Birthday. It
said Happy Birthday Twins on it and I know in this case she was proud of
herself to have found a "twins" card. But I do see your point. It would
bother me if an immediate family member did this.

Michelle
Mommy to Riley Claire & James Michael

Twinzmommie
October 15th 03, 01:15 PM
<< MIL was over this past weekend for Thanksgiving and also an early
birthday for Katerina and Joshua >><BR><BR>

Riley and James received one card from my SIL's mother for their Birthday. It
said Happy Birthday Twins on it and I know in this case she was proud of
herself to have found a "twins" card. But I do see your point. It would
bother me if an immediate family member did this.

Michelle
Mommy to Riley Claire & James Michael

lizzard woman
October 15th 03, 02:00 PM
"DeliciousTruffles" > wrote in
message ...
> MIL was over this past weekend for Thanksgiving and also an early
> birthday for Katerina and Joshua.
>
> She gave them one birthday card! I irks me to no end!
>
> It's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but extremely
> annoying. Just because they were born on the same day doesn't mean they
> aren't individuals.
>
> I should give her one card that encompasses her birthday and all the
> other holidays of the year. Or, find out who else shares her birthday
> and ask her to forward her birthday card to that person after she had a
> glimpse of it!

Well I hope they didn't fight over it! My girls would have.

Some people think kids don't care about cards which is correct to some
extent but I think just being able to hand a card to each kid is worth the
price of the extra card. And having different cards is always nice.

Best regards,
sharon

lizzard woman
October 15th 03, 02:00 PM
"DeliciousTruffles" > wrote in
message ...
> MIL was over this past weekend for Thanksgiving and also an early
> birthday for Katerina and Joshua.
>
> She gave them one birthday card! I irks me to no end!
>
> It's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but extremely
> annoying. Just because they were born on the same day doesn't mean they
> aren't individuals.
>
> I should give her one card that encompasses her birthday and all the
> other holidays of the year. Or, find out who else shares her birthday
> and ask her to forward her birthday card to that person after she had a
> glimpse of it!

Well I hope they didn't fight over it! My girls would have.

Some people think kids don't care about cards which is correct to some
extent but I think just being able to hand a card to each kid is worth the
price of the extra card. And having different cards is always nice.

Best regards,
sharon

Megan Byrne
October 15th 03, 02:31 PM
Oh Brigitte,
I could write a book on this and my guys are only one! I haven't said
anything about this on the NG's b/c I didn't want to seem selfish, but
as you know A & A's first b-day just passed. And the majority gave them
2 gifts and 2 cards, because, as we all know, they are TWO people. They
were a few "twin b-day" cards. Anyway, it seems like my IL's are dense.
Especially one SIL who is a teacher for goodness sake. She bought them 1
ride-on firetruck. Excuse me?? They love it, but so much that they fight
over it constantly. Screaming, pushing. I have to take it away from
them. So now, in one of my free moments, yeah right, I have to get
another one. And, money is not an issue for my SIL.

Anyway, that is my major, major vent. I am sure that we just have years
of this to come. I guess next time I have twins I should have themn at
11:59p and 12:01a. Would different days prove that they are different
people???

Megan
Mommy to miracle twins...
Aidan & Alexis
Born 9-28-02

[...]

David desJardins
October 16th 03, 12:28 AM
I personally sort of like the idea of giving one card. I guess I don't
much care for cards at all---they seem like a waste because they just
get thrown out soon after---so giving one instead of two seems like an
improvement. To the extent that the card has value, it's just as an
indicator that the giver has remembered and appreciates the event: I
don't think buying two cards instead of one card really indicates any
more appreciation.

Presents seem like a different matter.

David desJardins

David desJardins
October 16th 03, 12:28 AM
I personally sort of like the idea of giving one card. I guess I don't
much care for cards at all---they seem like a waste because they just
get thrown out soon after---so giving one instead of two seems like an
improvement. To the extent that the card has value, it's just as an
indicator that the giver has remembered and appreciates the event: I
don't think buying two cards instead of one card really indicates any
more appreciation.

Presents seem like a different matter.

David desJardins

Julie Seely
October 16th 03, 02:21 AM
I dont' get bothered by the one card phenomenon, and C&E have never
seemed bothered by it, either. The way I see it, there are both good
aspects and bad aspects to being a twin, but I think that in the long
run, the good aspects -- companionship, as well as early skill in
negotiating and diplomacy, resulting from things like dealing with one
gift/card -- far outweigh the bad.

With the fire truck situation, I would just buy a different, less
expensive ride-on toy. No need for the two ride-ons to be exactly
alike, nor in my opinion do I think it's desirable for one-year-olds to
become accustomed to always having two alike of something. But yes,
like a bike, like skis, like other things that I can't think of at the
moment but will come to me as soon as I hit send, a ride-on is something
of which it makes sense to have two. But they don't have to both be
fire trucks.

Just my two cents,

Julie
Mom to little diplomats Erica & Chris, 07/97

Megan Byrne wrote:

> Oh Brigitte,
> I could write a book on this and my guys are only one! I haven't said
> anything about this on the NG's b/c I didn't want to seem selfish, but
> as you know A & A's first b-day just passed. And the majority gave them
> 2 gifts and 2 cards, because, as we all know, they are TWO people. They
> were a few "twin b-day" cards. Anyway, it seems like my IL's are dense.
> Especially one SIL who is a teacher for goodness sake. She bought them 1
> ride-on firetruck. Excuse me?? They love it, but so much that they fight
> over it constantly. Screaming, pushing. I have to take it away from
> them. So now, in one of my free moments, yeah right, I have to get
> another one. And, money is not an issue for my SIL.
>
> Anyway, that is my major, major vent. I am sure that we just have years
> of this to come. I guess next time I have twins I should have themn at
> 11:59p and 12:01a. Would different days prove that they are different
> people???
>
> Megan
> Mommy to miracle twins...
> Aidan & Alexis
> Born 9-28-02

Megan Byrne
October 16th 03, 02:38 AM
Of course, I would buy them a different ride-on toy. Buying "another
one" just really meant another ride on. Maybe I will find a police car!!

Megan
Mommy to miracle twins...
Aidan & Alexis
Born 9-28-02

Megan Byrne
October 16th 03, 02:38 AM
Of course, I would buy them a different ride-on toy. Buying "another
one" just really meant another ride on. Maybe I will find a police car!!

Megan
Mommy to miracle twins...
Aidan & Alexis
Born 9-28-02

Missy in Indiana
October 16th 03, 04:04 AM
You know this thread brings up a pet peeve of mine. Like some of you, I *do*
find importance/significance placed on the girls receiving their own cards. I
keep many things to make collages out of, etc. that they can choose to keep or
pitch when they get older. It also tends to stand for the "individual"
importance we place on them happening to be born at the same time. With that,
I also can easily see how some might not find it a big deal at all. My pet
peeve is this: The gift is for the receiver not for the giver. So, why is it
so hard for a giver to simply ask if there is a preference. I know, I
know...some people may not think to ask if they have no reason to believe
otherwise. But, I have relatives who I know are asking eachother what they are
doing about "the girls" and say they did what was easiest on them. I don't get
it. If someone is strapped for time or $ I truly believe a simple phone call
is the thought that would matter most. But, in my personal experience, it
seems givers often would rather just do what is easiest on them with little
thought. A MIL who would give a single card to both grandchildren? Seems
kinda frustrating to me. A SIL (who financially can) chooses to buy one
ride-on toy for toddlers to share may have simply chosen a gift she wasn't sure
that both children would like and just opted for one? Hopefully she did have
really good intentions, but why didn't she just ask? Hmm... me thinks I am
making a big rambling deal out of a thought ;) Chalk it up to a typical Mom
needing some rest lol. Just got caught up in the thread.

Missy in Indiana http://hometown.aol.com/mhrust/overviewforng.html
Morgan Olivia & Julia Lucille 4/28/01 (YAY!)

[...]

Leslie
October 16th 03, 05:18 AM
"David desJardins" > wrote in message
> I personally sort of like the idea of giving one card. I guess I don't
> much care for cards at all---they seem like a waste because they just
> get thrown out soon after---so giving one instead of two seems like an
> improvement. To the extent that the card has value, it's just as an
> indicator that the giver has remembered and appreciates the event: I
> don't think buying two cards instead of one card really indicates any
> more appreciation.
>
> Presents seem like a different matter.
>
> David desJardins

I agree with you on this one, David. Most people around me seem to save
cards though, so I can understand why this would be important to people. I'm
one of those people that throws things like cards out quickly. I don't like
to hold onto things that, IMO, just cause clutter.

--
Leslie
Alex and Jordan, 06 May 2000

Leslie
October 16th 03, 05:18 AM
"David desJardins" > wrote in message
> I personally sort of like the idea of giving one card. I guess I don't
> much care for cards at all---they seem like a waste because they just
> get thrown out soon after---so giving one instead of two seems like an
> improvement. To the extent that the card has value, it's just as an
> indicator that the giver has remembered and appreciates the event: I
> don't think buying two cards instead of one card really indicates any
> more appreciation.
>
> Presents seem like a different matter.
>
> David desJardins

I agree with you on this one, David. Most people around me seem to save
cards though, so I can understand why this would be important to people. I'm
one of those people that throws things like cards out quickly. I don't like
to hold onto things that, IMO, just cause clutter.

--
Leslie
Alex and Jordan, 06 May 2000

Megan Byrne
October 16th 03, 01:50 PM
Missy,
I forgot to add this,which really PO's me...the SIL that bought A & A
the ride-on toy, has also bought a ride-on toy for my 2 nephews on their
first b-day. That seems to be her "1st Bday" gift. Now, my 2 nephews,
who are not brothers, rec'd their own toy and I am sure that my 3rd
nephew, who will be 1 in March, will get his own. So, why didn't A & A??
Now, doesn't that make you even more teed?

Megan
Mommy to miracle twins...
Aidan & Alexis
Born 9-28-02

Megan Byrne
October 16th 03, 01:50 PM
Missy,
I forgot to add this,which really PO's me...the SIL that bought A & A
the ride-on toy, has also bought a ride-on toy for my 2 nephews on their
first b-day. That seems to be her "1st Bday" gift. Now, my 2 nephews,
who are not brothers, rec'd their own toy and I am sure that my 3rd
nephew, who will be 1 in March, will get his own. So, why didn't A & A??
Now, doesn't that make you even more teed?

Megan
Mommy to miracle twins...
Aidan & Alexis
Born 9-28-02

Missy in Indiana
October 16th 03, 03:48 PM
>So, why didn't A & A??
>Now, doesn't that make you even more teed?

You bet! I kept trying to find a nice reason why she didn't get them their own
gift. But, I still didn't understand why she didn't just ask you first.
Sadly, it seems clear that benefit of the doubt isn't going to work for her.
Argh! That would have hurt my feelings or brought out the protective mama in
me at least in to a small extent. Let's face it, it stinks when our little
one(s) may not be treated as we believe they should. It kind of makes you
wonder if it will get better or worse with time as each birthday passes with
the relative. It's got to be frustrating for you.

Missy in Indiana http://hometown.aol.com/mhrust/overviewforng.html
Morgan Olivia & Julia Lucille 4/28/01 (YAY!)

Missy in Indiana
October 16th 03, 03:48 PM
>So, why didn't A & A??
>Now, doesn't that make you even more teed?

You bet! I kept trying to find a nice reason why she didn't get them their own
gift. But, I still didn't understand why she didn't just ask you first.
Sadly, it seems clear that benefit of the doubt isn't going to work for her.
Argh! That would have hurt my feelings or brought out the protective mama in
me at least in to a small extent. Let's face it, it stinks when our little
one(s) may not be treated as we believe they should. It kind of makes you
wonder if it will get better or worse with time as each birthday passes with
the relative. It's got to be frustrating for you.

Missy in Indiana http://hometown.aol.com/mhrust/overviewforng.html
Morgan Olivia & Julia Lucille 4/28/01 (YAY!)

Megan Byrne
October 16th 03, 05:24 PM
If you only knew what I put up with when it comes to my IL's. It would
take me hours and hours and hours to fill you in on how they treat my
kids and myself. Kids are innocent. If you dislike me, that's one thing,
but don't hurt the kids because of it.

Megan
Mommy to miracle twins...
Aidan & Alexis
Born 9-28-02

Megan Byrne
October 16th 03, 05:24 PM
If you only knew what I put up with when it comes to my IL's. It would
take me hours and hours and hours to fill you in on how they treat my
kids and myself. Kids are innocent. If you dislike me, that's one thing,
but don't hurt the kids because of it.

Megan
Mommy to miracle twins...
Aidan & Alexis
Born 9-28-02

Ellen Kmetz
October 16th 03, 06:57 PM
I agree with David on the card thing, also. It doesn't bother me at all when
the boys only get one card. Having said that, I am a little appalled at the
one ride-on toy for two toddlers to share! No excuse for that one, IMO. If
it's the $$, get two of *anything*, even if it's just a coloring book! Kids
at that age don't know if a gift costs a hundred dollars or two dollars. They
just want to open their own stuff! Luckily for Megan they are still very
young...but at a third birthday that would be a complete nightmare!

Ellen
--------
Erin 6/26/95
Bradley & Alex 10/5/00

Ellen Kmetz
October 16th 03, 06:57 PM
I agree with David on the card thing, also. It doesn't bother me at all when
the boys only get one card. Having said that, I am a little appalled at the
one ride-on toy for two toddlers to share! No excuse for that one, IMO. If
it's the $$, get two of *anything*, even if it's just a coloring book! Kids
at that age don't know if a gift costs a hundred dollars or two dollars. They
just want to open their own stuff! Luckily for Megan they are still very
young...but at a third birthday that would be a complete nightmare!

Ellen
--------
Erin 6/26/95
Bradley & Alex 10/5/00

H Schinske
October 16th 03, 10:00 PM
wrote:

>I agree with David on the card thing, also. It doesn't bother me at all when
>the boys only get one card. Having said that, I am a little appalled at the
>one ride-on toy for two toddlers to share! No excuse for that one, IMO. If
>it's the $$, get two of *anything*, even if it's just a coloring book!

Oh, yeah. The *only* things I get just one of are things like a board game that
they will be playing together. (I do *not* try to find two board games so that
they will both have something to unwrap. It is hard enough finding one that I
think they will both like.) There aren't too many things in this category for
toddlers. Maybe those rockers with a seat at each end, that's the only thing I
can think of.

--Helen

H Schinske
October 16th 03, 10:00 PM
wrote:

>I agree with David on the card thing, also. It doesn't bother me at all when
>the boys only get one card. Having said that, I am a little appalled at the
>one ride-on toy for two toddlers to share! No excuse for that one, IMO. If
>it's the $$, get two of *anything*, even if it's just a coloring book!

Oh, yeah. The *only* things I get just one of are things like a board game that
they will be playing together. (I do *not* try to find two board games so that
they will both have something to unwrap. It is hard enough finding one that I
think they will both like.) There aren't too many things in this category for
toddlers. Maybe those rockers with a seat at each end, that's the only thing I
can think of.

--Helen

Twinzmommie
October 16th 03, 10:13 PM
<< I kept trying to find a nice reason why she didn't get them their own
gift. But, I still didn't understand why she didn't just ask you first.
>><BR><BR>

The only reason I can offer or even think of on this is the reason I have been
given in similar situations. The giver is meaning to not only surprise the
child/ren. He/she is also trying to surprise the parents as well.

My MIL gave Riley and James each little gifts for Easter this past year. The
toys were equal in size and probably in value but they were totally different.
Of course James wanted what Riley had been given. He cried and fussed and
fought with her because he wanted what she had.

I know my MIL did not want this to happen, and she did not even concider that
it might happen. She does not spend that much time with the kids to have that
kind of insight. If she had asked, both DH and I would have told her that at
this age it is probably best to buy two of the same. When they are older and
their personal interests are more defined I am sure this will not be
neccessary, but for the time being it would create much more harmony. I think!

Michelle
Mommy to Riley Claire & James Michael

Twinzmommie
October 16th 03, 10:13 PM
<< I kept trying to find a nice reason why she didn't get them their own
gift. But, I still didn't understand why she didn't just ask you first.
>><BR><BR>

The only reason I can offer or even think of on this is the reason I have been
given in similar situations. The giver is meaning to not only surprise the
child/ren. He/she is also trying to surprise the parents as well.

My MIL gave Riley and James each little gifts for Easter this past year. The
toys were equal in size and probably in value but they were totally different.
Of course James wanted what Riley had been given. He cried and fussed and
fought with her because he wanted what she had.

I know my MIL did not want this to happen, and she did not even concider that
it might happen. She does not spend that much time with the kids to have that
kind of insight. If she had asked, both DH and I would have told her that at
this age it is probably best to buy two of the same. When they are older and
their personal interests are more defined I am sure this will not be
neccessary, but for the time being it would create much more harmony. I think!

Michelle
Mommy to Riley Claire & James Michael

David desJardins
October 17th 03, 05:44 AM
Ellen Kmetz writes:
> I agree with David on the card thing, also. It doesn't bother me at
> all when the boys only get one card. Having said that, I am a little
> appalled at the one ride-on toy for two toddlers to share! No excuse
> for that one, IMO. If it's the $$, get two of *anything*, even if
> it's just a coloring book!

I can see both sides. We have lots of riding toys, but no two alike.
At age 1, I would be happy to get one riding toy. Children at that age
don't understand gifts, so I wouldn't worry about having each of them
get something of their "own". And, while having two identical toys
could conceivably reduce arguments, I think my kids are perfectly
capable of fighting over one toy even if there's another identical one
available. I think part of growing up is learning to take turns and
share. So, in general, I'd rather have a variety of different toys,
than have fewer and two of each. Plus, if one toy is exceptionally
popular, we can always get another, but if a toy is a bust it's a shame
to already have two of them.

David desJardins

David desJardins
October 17th 03, 05:44 AM
Ellen Kmetz writes:
> I agree with David on the card thing, also. It doesn't bother me at
> all when the boys only get one card. Having said that, I am a little
> appalled at the one ride-on toy for two toddlers to share! No excuse
> for that one, IMO. If it's the $$, get two of *anything*, even if
> it's just a coloring book!

I can see both sides. We have lots of riding toys, but no two alike.
At age 1, I would be happy to get one riding toy. Children at that age
don't understand gifts, so I wouldn't worry about having each of them
get something of their "own". And, while having two identical toys
could conceivably reduce arguments, I think my kids are perfectly
capable of fighting over one toy even if there's another identical one
available. I think part of growing up is learning to take turns and
share. So, in general, I'd rather have a variety of different toys,
than have fewer and two of each. Plus, if one toy is exceptionally
popular, we can always get another, but if a toy is a bust it's a shame
to already have two of them.

David desJardins

GandSBrock
October 17th 03, 06:05 PM
Was it a twin card? Or just a regular card with both names written on it? I
kinda like the twin cards myself, especially if they have cute little
characters that you can designate to each person in the family. But, that's
just me. And cards are so expensive these days, and postage too. I'm just
happy if anyone remembers!!

As for the ride on toy...We bought one of those ride on firetrucks for their
first birthday. Just one. Let me amend that, DH bought it. I was ready to
throw that thing in the dumpster after a few minutes. It was so noisy and
loud. We finally sold it in a yard sale a few months ago. Sure the boys
fought, but there was no way in heaven or earth I was going to buy another one!
In fact, that thing stayed in time out quite a bit, and I was happy to put it
there!!

I'm a mean mommy! :-D

Stephanie
Jake and Ryan 9/3/99

[...]

October 17th 03, 08:20 PM
GandSBrock wrote:
> Was it a twin card?

No. Just a regular card.

Like I said, it's not a huge deal just annoying. I guess it bothers me
because she is just being cheap with her only grandchildren.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

DeliciousTruffles
October 17th 03, 08:20 PM
GandSBrock wrote:
> Was it a twin card?

No. Just a regular card.

Like I said, it's not a huge deal just annoying. I guess it bothers me
because she is just being cheap with her only grandchildren.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Graze
October 19th 03, 12:58 AM
Chill out

Graze (UK)
> From: DeliciousTruffles >
> Newsgroups: alt.parenting.twins-triplets
> Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:52:34 -0700
> Subject: I'm kind of cheesed off!
>
> MIL was over this past weekend for Thanksgiving and also an early
> birthday for Katerina and Joshua.
>
> She gave them one birthday card! I irks me to no end!
>
> It's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but extremely
> annoying. Just because they were born on the same day doesn't mean they
> aren't individuals.
>
> I should give her one card that encompasses her birthday and all the
> other holidays of the year. Or, find out who else shares her birthday
> and ask her to forward her birthday card to that person after she had a
> glimpse of it!
>
> BAH!
>
> --
> Brigitte aa #2145
> edd #3 February 15, 2004
> http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joshuaandkaterina/
>
> "Readers are plentiful; thinkers are rare."
> ~ Harriet Martineau

Graze
October 19th 03, 12:58 AM
Chill out

Graze (UK)
> From: DeliciousTruffles >
> Newsgroups: alt.parenting.twins-triplets
> Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:52:34 -0700
> Subject: I'm kind of cheesed off!
>
> MIL was over this past weekend for Thanksgiving and also an early
> birthday for Katerina and Joshua.
>
> She gave them one birthday card! I irks me to no end!
>
> It's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things but extremely
> annoying. Just because they were born on the same day doesn't mean they
> aren't individuals.
>
> I should give her one card that encompasses her birthday and all the
> other holidays of the year. Or, find out who else shares her birthday
> and ask her to forward her birthday card to that person after she had a
> glimpse of it!
>
> BAH!
>
> --
> Brigitte aa #2145
> edd #3 February 15, 2004
> http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joshuaandkaterina/
>
> "Readers are plentiful; thinkers are rare."
> ~ Harriet Martineau

telmgren
October 19th 03, 06:53 PM
"Megan Byrne" > wrote in message
> Especially one SIL who is a teacher for goodness sake. She bought them 1
> ride-on firetruck. Excuse me?? They love it, but so much that they fight
> over it constantly. Screaming, pushing. I have to take it away from
> them. So now, in one of my free moments, yeah right, I have to get
> another one. And, money is not an issue for my SIL.
>
> Anyway, that is my major, major vent. I am sure that we just have years
> of this to come. I guess next time I have twins I should have themn at
> 11:59p and 12:01a. Would different days prove that they are different
> people???

I can't stand it when people do that either. I rarely say anything directly
though, and most of my family and friends know my feelings on it, so it
isn't an issue. However, I've found that when they receive just one of
something that really can't or shouldn't be shared, I will ask the giver if
they don't mind telling me where they got the item so I can buy another one
incase they both like it a lot. Most of the time, the giver will apologize
and tell me they didn't realize that would be an issue (duh) and they don't
do it again.

telmgren
October 19th 03, 06:53 PM
"Megan Byrne" > wrote in message
> Especially one SIL who is a teacher for goodness sake. She bought them 1
> ride-on firetruck. Excuse me?? They love it, but so much that they fight
> over it constantly. Screaming, pushing. I have to take it away from
> them. So now, in one of my free moments, yeah right, I have to get
> another one. And, money is not an issue for my SIL.
>
> Anyway, that is my major, major vent. I am sure that we just have years
> of this to come. I guess next time I have twins I should have themn at
> 11:59p and 12:01a. Would different days prove that they are different
> people???

I can't stand it when people do that either. I rarely say anything directly
though, and most of my family and friends know my feelings on it, so it
isn't an issue. However, I've found that when they receive just one of
something that really can't or shouldn't be shared, I will ask the giver if
they don't mind telling me where they got the item so I can buy another one
incase they both like it a lot. Most of the time, the giver will apologize
and tell me they didn't realize that would be an issue (duh) and they don't
do it again.

Megan Byrne
October 19th 03, 11:21 PM
That's a good idea! I could say that, asking where they got it, just in
case I needed another one. I often do that when I get a gift that I
don't like (for the kids), saying that I need to exchange the size.
Horrible, huh?