PDA

View Full Version : Expecting Twins SOON!

sasha
October 16th 03, 07:15 PM
Hello everyone!

Me and my husband are expecting our first children. I am 25 and he is 23.
They believe they're identical twin girls. I'm now 35 weeks along and
counting. I've been having some contractions and am already dilated 3-4 cm,
75% effaced. I've been dilated for about 2 weeks now. We're expecting our
baby girls to arrive any time now.

Everything has been going really great until my Dr. told me that Baby B's
abdomen is smaller than it should be. Her head measures in the 95th
percentile but her abdomen is in the 13th. I was wondering if anyone else
has been told this and what we should expect?

Thank You!
Sasha

*remove the nospam from the email addy for direct replies

Megan Byrne
October 16th 03, 09:42 PM
I just wanted to congratulate you on your twins and way to go on 35
weeks!! I was 25, too, when I had my twins last year.

Megan
Mommy to miracle twins...
Aidan & Alexis
Born 9-28-02

Megan Byrne
October 16th 03, 09:42 PM
I just wanted to congratulate you on your twins and way to go on 35
weeks!! I was 25, too, when I had my twins last year.

Megan
Mommy to miracle twins...
Aidan & Alexis
Born 9-28-02

KimandJuan
October 16th 03, 10:08 PM
Congratulations!

I have twin girls as well, they are now 1. I wouldn't worry about it just yet.
Sometimes those ultrasound measurements are way off. I was having one every
week after I reached 33 weeks. From one week to the next they were different.
Your Doctor could have just had a bad measurement. Especially if they were
moving a lot.
You are almost there! It goes by so slowly but just take it one week at a
time. I ended up being induced at 37 weeks. There are more details on the
website if you are interested.

Good luck!

KimandJuan
October 16th 03, 10:08 PM
Congratulations!

I have twin girls as well, they are now 1. I wouldn't worry about it just yet.
Sometimes those ultrasound measurements are way off. I was having one every
week after I reached 33 weeks. From one week to the next they were different.
Your Doctor could have just had a bad measurement. Especially if they were
moving a lot.
You are almost there! It goes by so slowly but just take it one week at a
time. I ended up being induced at 37 weeks. There are more details on the
website if you are interested.

Good luck!

Twinzmommie
October 16th 03, 10:17 PM
Sasha,

I do not have any experience with the issue you are dealing with, but I do want
to say good luck! I hope you and your babies have a healthy delivery.
Michelle
Mommy to Riley Claire & James Michael

Twinzmommie
October 16th 03, 10:17 PM
Sasha,

I do not have any experience with the issue you are dealing with, but I do want
to say good luck! I hope you and your babies have a healthy delivery.
Michelle
Mommy to Riley Claire & James Michael

Cindy Senger
October 17th 03, 03:59 AM
I was a 25-year-old, too!! Congrats and I wouldn't worry too much about the
ultrasound. It is really hard for them to be accurate at this point in your
pregnancy. Best wishes for a safe and healthy delivery!

-Cindy (mom to Ashlyn and Allyson 6/99 and Jenna 6/03)

In article >,
says...

>I just wanted to congratulate you on your twins and way to go on 35
>weeks!! I was 25, too, when I had my twins last year.
>
>Megan
>Mommy to miracle twins...
>Aidan & Alexis
>Born 9-28-02

Cindy Senger
October 17th 03, 03:59 AM
I was a 25-year-old, too!! Congrats and I wouldn't worry too much about the
ultrasound. It is really hard for them to be accurate at this point in your
pregnancy. Best wishes for a safe and healthy delivery!

-Cindy (mom to Ashlyn and Allyson 6/99 and Jenna 6/03)

In article >,
says...

>I just wanted to congratulate you on your twins and way to go on 35
>weeks!! I was 25, too, when I had my twins last year.
>
>Megan
>Mommy to miracle twins...
>Aidan & Alexis
>Born 9-28-02

Theresa
October 18th 03, 07:14 AM
Hey Sasha,
I will say that I had my twins when I was 25 too! They were a wonderful
surprise. However, in response to your question, my baby girl always
measured bigger than her brother (her belly was huge and still is). They
kept telling me that she was going to be bigger than him...When they were
born, he weighed more. You never can tell till you actually see and hold
them in your arms. God bless and I hope delivery goes great!

--
Theresa Burt
Mom to: