PDA

View Full Version : Re: I'm kind of cheesed off!-Ride-on update!

Megan Byrne
October 17th 03, 12:53 AM
Janet,
I wish I had your guts, LOL...I could nt even get up the courage to
e-mail that!!

Update- My Mom just came home from the mall with the cutest ride-on pink
Hungry Hippo!! It is just adorable! As usual, Grandma saves the day!! So
now, Aidan has a firetruck and Alexis has a hippo. But, I know it won't
be long before my son is riding a pink hippo!!

Megan
Mommy to miracle twins...
Aidan & Alexis
Born 9-28-02

Megan Byrne
October 17th 03, 12:53 AM
Janet,
I wish I had your guts, LOL...I could nt even get up the courage to
e-mail that!!

Update- My Mom just came home from the mall with the cutest ride-on pink
Hungry Hippo!! It is just adorable! As usual, Grandma saves the day!! So
now, Aidan has a firetruck and Alexis has a hippo. But, I know it won't
be long before my son is riding a pink hippo!!

Megan
Mommy to miracle twins...
Aidan & Alexis
Born 9-28-02

Rhiann1048
October 17th 03, 01:24 AM
>Subject: Re: I'm kind of cheesed off!-Ride-on update!
>From: (Megan Byrne)
>Date: Thu, Oct 16, 2003 5:53 PM
>
>Janet,
>I wish I had your guts, LOL...I could nt even get up the courage to
>e-mail that!!

Maybe you could give Janet your SIL's e-mail address. ;)

>Update- My Mom just came home from the mall with the cutest ride-on pink
>Hungry Hippo!! It is just adorable! As usual, Grandma saves the day!! So
>now, Aidan has a firetruck and Alexis has a hippo. But, I know it won't
>be long before my son is riding a pink hippo!!

What are the chances that your SIL will be over soon and see the extra ride on
toy for herself? That would be your perfect in or maybe she'd just get it all
on her own.

Is this your dh's sister or your brother's wife? If is it the former have
your husband talk to his sister and if it is the other -- talk to your brother.
Siblings should be able to discuss situations like this. I'd have no trouble
telling my sister if she pulled something like that. And if it was DH's family,
I'd have him address it. But you really should say something. It *isn't* fair
to your kids and it will only get worse when they are older.

Lori

Rhiann1048
October 17th 03, 01:24 AM
>Subject: Re: I'm kind of cheesed off!-Ride-on update!
>From: (Megan Byrne)
>Date: Thu, Oct 16, 2003 5:53 PM
>
>Janet,
>I wish I had your guts, LOL...I could nt even get up the courage to
>e-mail that!!

Maybe you could give Janet your SIL's e-mail address. ;)

>Update- My Mom just came home from the mall with the cutest ride-on pink
>Hungry Hippo!! It is just adorable! As usual, Grandma saves the day!! So
>now, Aidan has a firetruck and Alexis has a hippo. But, I know it won't
>be long before my son is riding a pink hippo!!

What are the chances that your SIL will be over soon and see the extra ride on
toy for herself? That would be your perfect in or maybe she'd just get it all
on her own.

Is this your dh's sister or your brother's wife? If is it the former have
your husband talk to his sister and if it is the other -- talk to your brother.
Siblings should be able to discuss situations like this. I'd have no trouble
telling my sister if she pulled something like that. And if it was DH's family,
I'd have him address it. But you really should say something. It *isn't* fair
to your kids and it will only get worse when they are older.

Lori

multimom4
October 17th 03, 01:45 AM
"Megan Byrne" > wrote in message
> Janet,
> I wish I had your guts, LOL...I could nt even get up the courage to
> e-mail that!!

Gosh, that was me at my most tactful. I really really meant it would be a
*gentle* way to tell her the truth. I guess the phrasing I had in my head
didn't express itself very well.

--Janet
Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96)
and Holly (4/4/01)

multimom4
October 17th 03, 01:45 AM
"Megan Byrne" > wrote in message
> Janet,
> I wish I had your guts, LOL...I could nt even get up the courage to
> e-mail that!!

Gosh, that was me at my most tactful. I really really meant it would be a
*gentle* way to tell her the truth. I guess the phrasing I had in my head
didn't express itself very well.

--Janet
Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96)
and Holly (4/4/01)

Megan Byrne
October 17th 03, 02:07 AM
Lori,Thanks for your advice It is DH's sister, one of 7. I do not have a
good relationship with anyon. My IL's leave a very bad taste in my
mouth. DH is more the "let it slide" kinda guy. Any argument SH and I
have is over his family. Anyway, not a chance that SIL will be back
anytime soon. Darn!!

Megan
Mommy to miracle twins...
Aidan & Alexis
Born 9-28-02

Megan Byrne
October 17th 03, 02:07 AM
Lori,Thanks for your advice It is DH's sister, one of 7. I do not have a
good relationship with anyon. My IL's leave a very bad taste in my
mouth. DH is more the "let it slide" kinda guy. Any argument SH and I
have is over his family. Anyway, not a chance that SIL will be back
anytime soon. Darn!!

Megan
Mommy to miracle twins...
Aidan & Alexis
Born 9-28-02

Megan Byrne
October 17th 03, 02:08 AM
Janet,
One of these days I will just explode with feelings of my IL's! I think
that I did mention to ML that the kids loved their firetruck so much
that they fight over it.