PDA

View Full Version : OT Rant, Vent, report

Jack H.
October 22nd 03, 07:52 PM
Well it has been one hell of a month with the kids and us.

First they come back from Day care with the perpetual runny nose then they
get their 1 year vaccines, doc says they might get sick after 2 days from
the first shot and 5 days after the second.
they have never reacted to shots before so I was hopeful.

T'cha Know what?
Uh uh.

No luck for me.
Kids got fever and cranky for a few days then they got a REAL fever and REAL
cranky a few days after that.
no day care for them and no work for me. ( part time construction)
So they start getting over the fever and then Abigail start to puke and have
diarrhea, great I just love waking up in the middle of the night to change
poopy or pukie sheets and clothes.
This goes on for a few days and then just as we thought little J can go back
to day care, HE gets all pukie and diarrheaie. great more poopy sheets to
change in the middle of the night.
They stop throwing up but the diarrhea stays for about a week and so does
their lack of appetite.
Guess what, while the kids are sick The missus has an attack of severe back
pain and stomach pain, she is in tears rolling on the bed ( I kinda like
that but only if I caused the tears) guess what, call an ambulance and she
rides to the hospital alone, someone had to stay with the sick kids. Good
thing the wife's aunt works as a nurse at the hospital she went to. I wait
for her sister to get off work and come watch the kids so I can see my old
lady.
Guess who shows up too? Mother in law from out of town to help.

great. She couldn't help a miner 49er get laid after a gold strike, I tell
her not to push food all the time, they are not eating that much, her
answer? Well maybe they want an apple.
Anyway I thought I could start a new job the day after the missus went to
the hospital ( oh btw they gave her an IV, she was dehydrated and something
to stop the stomach pains and drew some blood, elevated white count)
she came home the next day feeling much better and I came home after work to
a mother in law that told me she tried very hard to feed the kids but they
weren't hungry, no duh.
Guess what I felt like the next day.
Yuuup all day at work I was feeling off, I thought it was just the new
environment or nerves or something, but I woke the next morning with
Arafat's revenge something fierce. Stomach felt like it wanted to revolt and
so did the other end.
Sweet now I am all laid up and the kids too.
5 days like that and I looked a bit thinner! Hey new diet plan!
Finally was given a pill to stop the liver from secreting so much and the
next day I was much better and the kids were starting to come around too!
Finally we sent the kids to day care.
Abby woke the next morning with sores in and around her mouth, Coxsackie
virus. Hoof ( foot) and mouth disease.
SWEET!
She was so miserable it killed me to see her that way but doc says to give
her some medicine in a dropper ( 2cc 2x a day) and smear cream on her
tongue and mouth and around. we do this, even though she hates taking
medicine and would rather choke on it than swallow it (literally).
but it goes down.
after a week (Today)( doc said it takes 5 days to run its course) it still
isn't better, looks even worse. we take her back to the doc who says that
the medicine doesn't really work and that the only thing that really helps
is FRESH goats milk. Great now I have to run around looking for fresh goats
milk but after further research I find that this disease takes 7-10 days for
an adult to get over.... I am really looking forward to that.

Jonathan woke up from his nap at 5:30 with a fever of 40 degrees, that is
104 for you Celsius challenged.
Looks like it is gonna be another long night.
I was supposed to go to work tomorrow and repair a building facade by tying
off on the roof and then hanging by a rope (or 2) while doing the work.

Man I feel like keeping the kids home and not sending them back to day
care.
I mean if I am going to be in the house with them all day anyway (cuz they
have spent 3 days in the past 3 weeks at the center) it would be more fun if
they were healthy, right?

Just goes to show, it is always something, if it not one thing it is
another, Like my great grandma Roseanna Roseanna Danna used to say.......
Please don't make me sweat like doctor Joyce Brothers.

Other than all that I live for the few moment in the day when they forget
that they are feeling like doo doo and they chase each other around the
couch and squeal like elated pigs.
I cant imagine it any other way!
All those poor parents of singletons just don't know what they are missing.
I also run into all kinds of grown up twins here, they always tell me that
it was the most fun thing growing up with a twin.
\One man working in the post office told me that and I asked him yeah you
liked it but what about your sister?
He asked me to ask her myself. she was working right next to him!
they both looked at each other and laughed.
There are silver linings in the clouds.
My favorite saying that I made up is;
"gray clouds are only gray from the underside"
Thanks y'all
Blessings on your houses
Jack

David desJardins
October 22nd 03, 08:32 PM
Jack H. writes:
> Well it has been one hell of a month with the kids and us.
>
> First they come back from Day care with the perpetual runny nose then
> they get their 1 year vaccines, doc says they might get sick after 2
> days from the first shot and 5 days after the second. they have never
> reacted to shots before so I was hopeful.
>
> T'cha Know what?
> Uh uh.
>
> No luck for me.
> Kids got fever and cranky for a few days then they got a REAL fever
> and REAL cranky a few days after that.

Since you got sick too, it certainly wasn't a vaccine reaction. Just a
coincidence that it came after the vaccine. Of course it doesn't matter
why they are sick, I agree it's really hard having sick children.

(I and my kids have strep now, but it's not so bad, really. We have
been pretty lucky with our own health.)

-- David desJardins

David desJardins
October 22nd 03, 08:32 PM
Jack H. writes:
> Well it has been one hell of a month with the kids and us.
>
> First they come back from Day care with the perpetual runny nose then
> they get their 1 year vaccines, doc says they might get sick after 2
> days from the first shot and 5 days after the second. they have never
> reacted to shots before so I was hopeful.
>
> T'cha Know what?
> Uh uh.
>
> No luck for me.
> Kids got fever and cranky for a few days then they got a REAL fever
> and REAL cranky a few days after that.

Since you got sick too, it certainly wasn't a vaccine reaction. Just a
coincidence that it came after the vaccine. Of course it doesn't matter
why they are sick, I agree it's really hard having sick children.

(I and my kids have strep now, but it's not so bad, really. We have
been pretty lucky with our own health.)

-- David desJardins

October 22nd 03, 10:17 PM
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 20:52:20 +0200, "Jack H."
> wrote:

>great. She couldn't help a miner 49er get laid after a gold strike, I tell
>her not to push food all the time, they are not eating that much, her
>answer? Well maybe they want an apple.

Just an apple?

My MIL will go through every cupboard in the house until she finds
something the kids will eat. Doesn't matter what it is, as long as
they eat, she's happy. It's frustrating as he**.

tim

October 22nd 03, 10:17 PM
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 20:52:20 +0200, "Jack H."
> wrote:

>great. She couldn't help a miner 49er get laid after a gold strike, I tell
>her not to push food all the time, they are not eating that much, her
>answer? Well maybe they want an apple.

Just an apple?

My MIL will go through every cupboard in the house until she finds
something the kids will eat. Doesn't matter what it is, as long as
they eat, she's happy. It's frustrating as he**.

tim

shirley
October 22nd 03, 10:27 PM
What is it with the group - we all run illnesses about the same time. Chris
has pneumonia!!! Kathleen (the healthy one), got a 3 day cold which is
pretty common for her. I'm wishing everyone with sick children (and sick
parents), get well!

Good karma, good karma, good karma

Shirley
Chris and Kathleen 1/95

"David desJardins" > wrote in message
> Jack H. writes:
> > Well it has been one hell of a month with the kids and us.
> >
> > First they come back from Day care with the perpetual runny nose then
> > they get their 1 year vaccines, doc says they might get sick after 2
> > days from the first shot and 5 days after the second. they have never
> > reacted to shots before so I was hopeful.
> >
> > T'cha Know what?
> > Uh uh.
> >
> > No luck for me.
> > Kids got fever and cranky for a few days then they got a REAL fever
> > and REAL cranky a few days after that.
>
> Since you got sick too, it certainly wasn't a vaccine reaction. Just a
> coincidence that it came after the vaccine. Of course it doesn't matter
> why they are sick, I agree it's really hard having sick children.
>
> (I and my kids have strep now, but it's not so bad, really. We have
> been pretty lucky with our own health.)
>
> -- David desJardins

shirley
October 22nd 03, 10:27 PM
What is it with the group - we all run illnesses about the same time. Chris
has pneumonia!!! Kathleen (the healthy one), got a 3 day cold which is
pretty common for her. I'm wishing everyone with sick children (and sick
parents), get well!

Good karma, good karma, good karma

Shirley
Chris and Kathleen 1/95

"David desJardins" > wrote in message
> Jack H. writes:
> > Well it has been one hell of a month with the kids and us.
> >
> > First they come back from Day care with the perpetual runny nose then
> > they get their 1 year vaccines, doc says they might get sick after 2
> > days from the first shot and 5 days after the second. they have never
> > reacted to shots before so I was hopeful.
> >
> > T'cha Know what?
> > Uh uh.
> >
> > No luck for me.
> > Kids got fever and cranky for a few days then they got a REAL fever
> > and REAL cranky a few days after that.
>
> Since you got sick too, it certainly wasn't a vaccine reaction. Just a
> coincidence that it came after the vaccine. Of course it doesn't matter
> why they are sick, I agree it's really hard having sick children.
>
> (I and my kids have strep now, but it's not so bad, really. We have
> been pretty lucky with our own health.)
>
> -- David desJardins

Seth Jackson
October 22nd 03, 11:54 PM
On 22 Oct 2003 12:32:17 -0700, David desJardins
> wrote:

>> No luck for me.
>> Kids got fever and cranky for a few days then they got a REAL fever
>> and REAL cranky a few days after that.
>
>Since you got sick too, it certainly wasn't a vaccine reaction. Just a
>coincidence that it came after the vaccine. Of course it doesn't matter
>why they are sick, I agree it's really hard having sick children.

Same thing happened to us. The day after the vaccinations, my kids
started getting sick. Then, I got sick. Fortunately, it was only a
mild bug this time.
--
-Seth Jackson, proud father of Derek and Mariel(10/1/99). Pictures at:
http://hitmeister.home.mindspring.com/familypictures.htm

Music links: www.mp3.com/SethJackson
www.mp3.com/loudspeaker
www.SethJackson.net

Seth Jackson
October 22nd 03, 11:54 PM
On 22 Oct 2003 12:32:17 -0700, David desJardins
> wrote:

>> No luck for me.
>> Kids got fever and cranky for a few days then they got a REAL fever
>> and REAL cranky a few days after that.
>
>Since you got sick too, it certainly wasn't a vaccine reaction. Just a
>coincidence that it came after the vaccine. Of course it doesn't matter
>why they are sick, I agree it's really hard having sick children.

Same thing happened to us. The day after the vaccinations, my kids
started getting sick. Then, I got sick. Fortunately, it was only a
mild bug this time.
--
-Seth Jackson, proud father of Derek and Mariel(10/1/99). Pictures at:
http://hitmeister.home.mindspring.com/familypictures.htm

Music links: www.mp3.com/SethJackson
www.mp3.com/loudspeaker
www.SethJackson.net

Ellen Kmetz
October 23rd 03, 12:11 AM
Wow, Jack, your posts reads like a bad movie! I am SO sorry you guys are going
through all this. Our boys had rotovirus (sp) last year for over a month and
it was hell. Let's just hope that this is IT for you all for the winter.

Sending healthy thoughts,

Ellen
--------
Erin 6/26/95
Bradley & Alex 10/5/00

Ellen Kmetz
October 23rd 03, 12:11 AM
Wow, Jack, your posts reads like a bad movie! I am SO sorry you guys are going
through all this. Our boys had rotovirus (sp) last year for over a month and
it was hell. Let's just hope that this is IT for you all for the winter.

Sending healthy thoughts,

Ellen
--------
Erin 6/26/95
Bradley & Alex 10/5/00

multimom4
October 24th 03, 03:26 AM
HUGE sympathies and a word of caution. This *exact* string of fun (OK, no
hospitalizations for the adults, only for the kids) occurred to us in Fall
1997. The only way I could break the cycle was to drop out of every
activity I had signed up for ... after 45 days of H*** we stayed home for 3
months and, as you say, having the kids HEALTHY more than made up for what
we lost.

Of course, we had no financial considerations (actually we saved money by
dropping out of stuff) so I hope going to work "works" for you, eventually.

--Janet
Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96)
and Holly (4/4/01)

"Jack H." > wrote in message
> [...]
> Please don't make me sweat like doctor Joyce Brothers.
>
> Other than all that I live for the few moment in the day when they forget
> that they are feeling like doo doo and they chase each other around the
> couch and squeal like elated pigs.
> I cant imagine it any other way!
> All those poor parents of singletons just don't know what they are
missing.
> I also run into all kinds of grown up twins here, they always tell me that
> it was the most fun thing growing up with a twin.
> \One man working in the post office told me that and I asked him yeah you
> liked it but what about your sister?
> He asked me to ask her myself. she was working right next to him!
> they both looked at each other and laughed.
> There are silver linings in the clouds.
> My favorite saying that I made up is;
> "gray clouds are only gray from the underside"

Jack H.
October 24th 03, 07:37 AM
"multimom4" > wrote in message
> HUGE sympathies and a word of caution. This *exact* string of fun (OK, no
> hospitalizations for the adults, only for the kids) occurred to us in Fall
> 1997. The only way I could break the cycle was to drop out of every
> activity I had signed up for ... after 45 days of H*** we stayed home for
3
> months and, as you say, having the kids HEALTHY more than made up for what
> we lost.
>
> Of course, we had no financial considerations (actually we saved money by
> dropping out of stuff) so I hope going to work "works" for you,
eventually.

> --Janet
> Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96)
> and Holly (4/4/01)

Man!
3 months in the house with sick kids.....

the only reason I want to go back to work is to get used to living a regular
life and whether the kids go to day care or not it still has to be paid
for...

Abby's mouth is looking worse and worse I really feel bad for her and wish
there is more I can do to comfort her.
I give her ices every now and then and sometimes anbesol but not much else
to do.

What did you do to help the foot(hoof) and mouth?

Jack

Jack H.
October 24th 03, 07:37 AM
"multimom4" > wrote in message
> HUGE sympathies and a word of caution. This *exact* string of fun (OK, no
> hospitalizations for the adults, only for the kids) occurred to us in Fall
> 1997. The only way I could break the cycle was to drop out of every
> activity I had signed up for ... after 45 days of H*** we stayed home for
3
> months and, as you say, having the kids HEALTHY more than made up for what
> we lost.
>
> Of course, we had no financial considerations (actually we saved money by
> dropping out of stuff) so I hope going to work "works" for you,
eventually.

> --Janet
> Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96)
> and Holly (4/4/01)

Man!
3 months in the house with sick kids.....

the only reason I want to go back to work is to get used to living a regular
life and whether the kids go to day care or not it still has to be paid
for...

Abby's mouth is looking worse and worse I really feel bad for her and wish
there is more I can do to comfort her.
I give her ices every now and then and sometimes anbesol but not much else
to do.

What did you do to help the foot(hoof) and mouth?

Jack

multimom4
October 25th 03, 11:34 PM
Unfortunately for you, our foot n mouth was easily dealt with and mostly
affected their external skin (hands) so I can't advise further on the mouth.
It sounds horrible. Sorry.

--Janet
Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96)
and Holly (4/4/01)

"Jack H." > wrote in message

> "multimom4" > wrote in message
> > HUGE sympathies and a word of caution. This *exact* string of fun (OK,
no
> > hospitalizations for the adults, only for the kids) occurred to us in
Fall
> > 1997. The only way I could break the cycle was to drop out of every
> > activity I had signed up for ... after 45 days of H*** we stayed home
for
> 3
> > months and, as you say, having the kids HEALTHY more than made up for
what
> > we lost.
> >
> > Of course, we had no financial considerations (actually we saved money
by
> > dropping out of stuff) so I hope going to work "works" for you,
> eventually.
> >
> > --Janet
> > Elliot, Hanna, Connor (10/21/96)
> > and Holly (4/4/01)
>

> Man!
> 3 months in the house with sick kids.....
>
> the only reason I want to go back to work is to get used to living a
regular
> life and whether the kids go to day care or not it still has to be paid
> for...
>
> Abby's mouth is looking worse and worse I really feel bad for her and
wish
> there is more I can do to comfort her.
> I give her ices every now and then and sometimes anbesol but not much else
> to do.
>
> What did you do to help the foot(hoof) and mouth?
>
> Jack

H Schinske
October 26th 03, 04:46 AM
wrote:

>Unfortunately for you, our foot n mouth was easily dealt with and mostly
>affected their external skin (hands) so I can't advise further on the mouth.
>It sounds horrible. Sorry.

It is horrible, I remember it well. Chloraseptic might help if they can stand
to have it sprayed in their mouths.

--Helen

H Schinske
October 26th 03, 04:46 AM