PDA

View Full Version : Re: Guatemalan woman wants state to return her children

Fern5827
August 14th 03, 08:20 PM
Well, I thought SRS or DHR is supposed to be sensitive to the Mayan culture.

They couldn't dig up anyone who spoke Qechua?

Even when Nebraska employs all those illegals in its agricultural plants?

Looks like someone wanted those children.

Funny the deportation hearing waited 4 months. Before the children were
slapped anotheR TIME.

>The state's Foster Care Review Board, which only serves in an advisory
>role, has determined the children were inappropriately removed from
>Santiago-Felipe's home.

Shows you what clout window-dressing has to DHR.

>The board said even though Santiago-Felipe might have slapped her son, that
>was not enough to prove the children were in imminent danger.

Heck, whenever has that distinction or nicety stopped CPS?

>It seems excessive that these children should be permanently separated
>from the only parent they have for something that, had it occurred in
>Lincoln or Omaha, might not have even warranted a ticket," the board wrote.

A ticket....like an overdue parking meter?

>These recommendations were ignored," Mumgaard said. "Once certain
>decisions were made ... it was inevitable that she was going to lose her
>parental rights."

They need to involve a Latino activist group. BTW, the INS is NO MORE.

Dennis sent in: