PDA

View Full Version : Childrens Services and False Allegations, destruction of a family

Heather Walden
August 18th 03, 03:32 AM
I am sending this for my mother, childrens services is making things
really bad for our family with the help of my mentally ill sister who
has accused many of abusing her in one way or another. We have never
pleaded for help in this manner, and wouldnt if it wasnt such an
emergency and childrens lives werent at stake. I hope someone may
have some help for us. Or some resources in a hurry.

My Family Is In Crisis

This is a true story about us. My husband, Edward Barbeau, and I,
Valerie Barbeau, are raising our grandchildren. Our grandchildren
names are Austin, Age 9; Serenity, Age 3; and Ezra; age 1. We have
had legal guardianship of Austin since 1999 but he has lived with us
since 1993, the year he was born.

Our daughter, Rosalie, who is the children's mother, has had a very
rough time raising them due to mental illness. She is 27 years old
and was first diagnosed at age 15. She was mentally and physically
abusive to her children and was placed with us in our home. In the
state of Oregon, you have to apply for a foster care license to be
allowed to raise your grandchildren when they are a ward of the court.
They are now being threatened with removal from the only home they
have really known, because of remarks made by my mentally ill daughter
against us. None of the allegations are true. My daughter has
accused every man I know of doing sexual things to her. I have a
niece who does the same sort of thing and is also mentally ill.

My husband is a wonderful man. He has been the rock and glue that
holds this family together. Ed was in the Navy for 13 years from 1979
to 1992. he is a hardworking man. He loves our grandchildren

Our family is being threatened now. Children's Protective Services of
Oregon State, also known as SCF or CPS, is saying that they may have
to remove the children and place them in a foster home, also petition
the courts to reverse the guardianship of Austin.

Austin is a disabled child; he has pervasive developmental delays,
bipolar and possible Oppositional Defiance Disorder. We are working
delinquently with doctors and psychiatrists along with an in home
therapist once a week.

My husband Ed is the only one who is working because I am staying at
home raising the children. We have only one income that is enough for
monthly living expenses and no savings because of the attorneys cost
of guardianship.

We know find ourselves in a situation that requires us to take steps
to try and raise money in a hurry for another attorney. The last
attorney we had is no longer practicing law. We are pleading to the
public for help. We need to raise about $10,000 dollars for an
attorney, who wants a $3,000 retainer fee just to get started.

On August 14th, 2003, the Foster Care Licensing Agency came to our
home to approve us for a kinship foster care license. This is so we
could keep the kids in our home. We thought everything was going
great. August 15th, 2003 we got a phone call at 4:45pm telling us
that because of the allegations made by our daughter against her
step-father, husband of 23 years, we could not be approved for foster
care and they would have the children removed from our home. They
called at 4:45pm and on a Friday. They said the meeting was on
Monday, August 19th, 2003 in the SCF Office in Hillsboro, Oregon at
10am. There they would discuss an alternative placement for the
children. We have no relative that could raise the children even
temporarily. We will lose our grandchildren forever. They are upset
about this.

I have had problems when I was a young mother and I had my oldest
daughter removed from my home. This is before my marriage to my
husband Edward. My daughter was 10 years old at the time. I dropped
her off at a friend's home where she was arranged to stay the night.
I took my 2 younger children and went to see the fireworks show that
night (It was July 4th). The mother of my daughter's friend decided
she could not stay the night and sent her home. She came home and
waited of us to come back. When we did not come back she went to her
friend's home next door and explained the situation to her mother.
Her mother let her stay there while my daughter checked every once in
a while to see if I had come home. My car had broken down on the way
home; the breaks in the car had gone out in the middle of no where.
There were no people, no cars, nothing to help. My boyfriend and a
friend had to hitchhike to get his truck and tow the car.

The next morning, I woke up to a knock at the door. A social worker
was standing at the door and asked if I knew where my daughter was. I
told him she was staying at her friend's house; he said I was next
door. I didn't know she was there. They then took her away for child
abandonment for nearly 4 years. When I moved to San Diego, my now
husband and I went to Social Services to get my daughter back. San
Diego Social Services read the records which stated my car had broke
down and everything I had just stated above. They could not believe
that my daughter was taken away for such a ridiculous reason and had
it overturned. My daughter was then allowed to be back in my care.

This is still on my record after 23 years.

The State of Oregon now required relatives that are caring for
relative children to become licensed foster parents. If you have
anything in your past, even minor or any allegations that are unproven
and no convictions you are denied for a foster care license and the
children will be removed from your home immediately.

Can you help us??

I can be contacted at:

Valerie Barbeau
1239 SW Chiara Place
Aloha, OR 97006
503-642-0264

Fern5827
August 19th 03, 06:43 PM
Oregon has an excellent family rights group in:

http://www.familyrightsassociation.com

On Yahoogroups at :

Click on first site and talk or email someone now.

Do not put out personal info on a Newsgroup.

Heather asked for help:

> [...]
>door. I didn't know she was there. They then took her away for child
>abandonment for nearly 4 years. When I moved to San Diego, my now
>husband and I went to Social Services to get my daughter back. San
>Diego Social Services read the records which stated my car had broke
>down and everything I had just stated above. They could not believe
>that my daughter was taken away for such a ridiculous reason and had
>it overturned. My daughter was then allowed to be back in my care.
>
>This is still on my record after 23 years.
>
>The State of Oregon now required relatives that are caring for
>relative children to become licensed foster parents. If you have
>anything in your past, even minor or any allegations that are unproven
>and no convictions you are denied for a foster care license and the
>children will be removed from your home immediately.

BTW, there is a NG for CPS. It is

alt support child protective services.

I doubt that that the fosters here will deign to help you.