Subject: State Considers Dropping Adoption Subsidy
From: (LilMtnCbn)
Date: 9/10/2003 10:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time

http://www.theiowachannel.com/family/2468508/detail.html

State Considers Dropping Adoption Subsidy
Parents Adopting Children From State Foster-Care System Receive Subsidy

POSTED: 7:32 a.m. CDT September 10, 2003
UPDATED: 7:35 a.m. CDT September 10, 2003

DES MOINES, Iowa -- The state is considering dropping a subsidy for Iowans who
adopt minority infants, a move that could save more than $240,000 a year.

Right now, parents are entitled to a subsidy of at least $14 a day when they
adopt through the state foster-care system.

Under the proposed change, parents already approved for the subsidy would
continue to receive the money, but the subsidy would not be offered in future
cases.

The race-based subsidy is only one of a dozen cutbacks now being considered.

The Department of Human Services is holding a series of public hearings on the
proposed cuts around the state this week.

Kane
September 12th 03, 05:35 AM
(Fern5827) wrote in message >...
> FWD aa

You are such a sad case. I'm sure you posted this with a little
chortle and a gleeful little squirt of pee. You think it's good don't
you?

See my comments at the end of your paste job.

> Subject: State Considers Dropping Adoption Subsidy
> From: (LilMtnCbn)
> Date: 9/10/2003 10:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time
>
> http://www.theiowachannel.com/family/2468508/detail.html
>
> State Considers Dropping Adoption Subsidy
> Parents Adopting Children From State Foster-Care System Receive Subsidy
>
> POSTED: 7:32 a.m. CDT September 10, 2003
> UPDATED: 7:35 a.m. CDT September 10, 2003
>
> DES MOINES, Iowa -- The state is considering dropping a subsidy for Iowans who
> adopt minority infants, a move that could save more than $240,000 a year.
>
> Right now, parents are entitled to a subsidy of at least $14 a day when they
> adopt through the state foster-care system.
>
> Under the proposed change, parents already approved for the subsidy would
> continue to receive the money, but the subsidy would not be offered in future
> cases.
>
> The race-based subsidy is only one of a dozen cutbacks now being considered.
>
> The Department of Human Services is holding a series of public hearings on the
> proposed cuts around the state this week.

One of the most difficult problems for CPS across the country is
finding families to adopt minority children.

Wanna know the even more difficult problem?

Finding minority families to adopt minority children.

Before you go all racist on us I'll tell you, so you won't continue to
embarrass yourself, the reason it's so difficult:

Minority folks have lower incomes overall. It is just too expensive in
a great many cases. This money was earmarked, though it cannot be
declare because of MEPA, the Multi Ethnic Placement Act, for just this
purpose....to recruit minority families. They are usually from the
same budget...recruitment and subsidies likely come from the same pot.

Now MORE minority children will languish longer in foster care.

You folks are sure dumb.

An aside: I've known probably 500 families that have adopted minority
children, and most were minority families. They adopt, and they adopt,
and they adopt, then they simply run out of space, money, and time.

The children they adopt, which is true in most cases, are children
badly damaged by parental abuse and negect, many drug and alcohol
effected. Many can't even speak a sentence at 4 years old, or know how
to fed themselves with common table utensils. And they are marked with
burns and beatings.

Yet these families come for them until the families are exhausted, and
you want the subsidy to stop. Nice Plant.

But you can tell me I'm wrong. That you are saddened by this shortfall
on some of the neediest and most damaged of children. Tell me you
care.

Tah,

Kane

Fern5827
September 12th 03, 06:37 PM
I believe African-Americans love their children just as much as white folk, or
Asians do.

Kane nastily insinuates:

(Fern5827) wrote in message
> [...]
>
>Now MORE minority children will languish longer in foster care.
>
>You folks are sure dumb.
>
>An aside: I've known probably 500 families that have adopted minority
>children, and most were minority families. They adopt, and they adopt,
>and they adopt, then they simply run out of space, money, and time.
>
>The children they adopt, which is true in most cases, are children
>badly damaged by parental abuse and negect, many drug and alcohol
>effected. Many can't even speak a sentence at 4 years old, or know how
>to fed themselves with common table utensils. And they are marked with
>burns and beatings.
>
>Yet these families come for them until the families are exhausted, and
>you want the subsidy to stop. Nice Plant.
>
>But you can tell me I'm wrong. That you are saddened by this shortfall
>on some of the neediest and most damaged of children. Tell me you

Kane
September 13th 03, 06:08 AM
On 12 Sep 2003 17:37:34 GMT, (Fern5827) wrote:

>I believe African-Americans love their children just as much as white
folk, or
>Asians do.

We are so tickled you do. Now answer the question asked, Petiole.

And notice, I never mentioned African-Americans or their children. I
spoke of minority children only.

Whatever would have made you make an assumption like that? Unless you
are a closet racist? You certainly have created a little theme with
that tune.

In this instance you assumed that only Black children are so badly
abused and neglected. I was not thinking that, nor ignoring the other
minority children, some of whom, Turnip, are not even children of
color. Some are white, but still minorities. Some none Black
hispanics, some Eastern European.

Yah just can't sort out normal discourse and conversations that ask
you to stop and think for a moment instead of emotionally dripping
your Sap everywhere.

My question was:

>>Tell me you
>>care.

in statement form. Do you care that this money has been lost and that
children and families will be hurt by this loss?

If you don't answer I'll just assume that you, as usual, don't know
and don't care that you don't know and don't care who gets hurt, as
long as you can post your poorly chosen snipparage, like you did with
some state DFS going under because the article talked about CHILD
SUPPORT not being duly collected. I mean that was BRILLIANT. Right up
to your usual standards.

Are you taking anything for your Alzheimer's?

>Kane nastily insinuates:

"Insinuates," my ass. I said it out plain; you are a lowlife fleck of
fertilizer on the ass of a cow. Or visversa.

You are a danger to families that come here for help. And you are
consistantly so.

You have a really nice Watering there, Prune.

Kane