PDA

View Full Version : |Re: It's my pleasure, Greg.

Kane
September 27th 03, 08:30 AM
On 26 Sep 2003 02:14:04 -0700, (Greg Hanson)
wrote:

>I asked if you were charging families.
>How can I be a LIAR for asking that question? :)

That you, Doan?

Do you really think anyone would miss the implication?

You do know what rhetorical questions are, do you not?

Since I had clearly posted in the post you referenced and replied to
that I was serving a fund raiser for "kids" did you imagine it was one
family that engaged my services...for 5, 000 people in a baseball
stadium?

Greg, you do know the so called harmless drugs, when taken in enough
quantity (hell you can kill yourself drinking water if you try hard
enough) damage the brain and bring on memory loss, confusion, and
babbling, don't you?

The habit you have cultivate, much like The Peony, of not citing the
poster you are replying to, with attributions, suggests you think
others know what you are thinking.

That is a characterisitic of those that have arrested psychological
development from childhood. Little kids of around 4, maybe up to even
7 or so, can believe that their mom knows when they are thinking about
doing something mommy doesn't like them to do.

The child that reaches their developmental goals on target pretty much
is certain to figure out one day that momma was either working from
her own memory of her own childhood, or was reading low level up quite
evident signs..behaviors, expressions, that gave the game away to
momma.

You, dear boy think we know what you are thinking without you
referencing it.

Go get your mommy.

You need her badly.

Kane

Greg Hanson
September 28th 03, 12:22 PM
> >I asked if you were charging families.
> >How can I be a LIAR for asking that question? :)
>
> That you, Doan?
Nope.

> Do you really think anyone would miss the implication?

I used pretty much the same statement about Dan months back.
Except I wasn't worried about what "anyone" or
everybody would think. But nowhere in this little thread
did I ask you when you stopped beating your wife, or
that style of question. That's not what this is about.
I asked a straight forward question, with no implications.
You asserted I was a LIAR for asking the question.

Even if it were a leading question, or one with implications,
such a question would still not be a LIE.

Dan has pulled that little boneheaded stunt a lot.
I've called him on it, but never called him a LIAR
in those instances.

> You do know what rhetorical questions are, do you not?

Do I?

> Since I had clearly posted in the post you referenced and replied to
> that I was serving a fund raiser for "kids" did you imagine it was one
> family that engaged my services...for 5, 000 people in a baseball
> stadium?

You were the cheapest ball washer they could find?

> Greg, you do know the so called harmless drugs, when taken in enough
> quantity (hell you can kill yourself drinking water if you try hard
> enough) damage the brain and bring on memory loss, confusion, and
> babbling, don't you?

Is that why you're falling apart? Taking too many aspirin?
Bonuses and incentives are not bonuses and incentives...
And a question is a lie?

> The habit [...] of not citing the poster you are replying to,
> with attributions, suggests you think others know what you are
> thinking.

You can overdo quotes and attributions also,..

> I try to presume a capable reader. You seem to presume ignorant
> readers who never tire of reading the same quote for the 5th time.

> That is a characterisitic of those that have arrested psychological
> development from childhood. Little kids of around 4, maybe up to even
> 7 or so, can believe that their mom knows when they are thinking about
> doing something mommy doesn't like them to do.

Gee, do a search on when I last said arrested development in this newsgroup!
You sure are creative! I never would have thought of that! :)

> You, dear boy

Why thank you, but while I am defying age, I'm not THAT successful!

> Go get your mommy.
>
> You need her badly.
>
> Kane

Intelligent discourse from the pro's at Child Protective Services