PDA

View Full Version : Most states regulate smoking by foster families

Fern5827
October 1st 03, 09:42 PM
Subject: Most states regulate smoking by foster families
From: (Fern5827)
Date: 10/1/2003 2:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time

Really? And yet they cannot see to it that kids have proper med scripts in
their files?

FOSTER PARENTS
Most states regulate the smoking habits of foster parents, said Millicent
Williams, director of foster care for the Washington, D.C.-based Child Welfare
League of America.
Williams says training for foster parents includes a component on the dangers
of second-hand smoke. She also says states need to make sure they have enough
caseworkers to enforce regulations.

"Whatever you legislate, if you donąt have a sufficient (enforcement)
workforce, it doesnąt mean much," she said

Ron
October 2nd 03, 04:18 AM
"Fern5827" > wrote in message
> Subject: Most states regulate smoking by foster families
> From: (Fern5827)
> Date: 10/1/2003 2:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time
>
> Really? And yet they cannot see to it that kids have proper med scripts
in
> their files?
>

> FOSTER PARENTS
> Most states regulate the smoking habits of foster parents, said Millicent
> Williams, director of foster care for the Washington, D.C.-based Child
Welfare
> League of America.
> Williams says training for foster parents includes a component on the
dangers
> of second-hand smoke. She also says states need to make sure they have
enough
> caseworkers to enforce regulations.
>
> "Whatever you legislate, if you donąt have a sufficient (enforcement)
> workforce, it doesnąt mean much," she said

So, they don't actually "regulate" as your heading says, they educate.
Interesting. Another inaccurate heading by fern. This is getting to be a
very obtuse tactic there plant baby. Try something new, like the truth. It
would be refreshing for a change.

Ron

Fern5827
October 2nd 03, 02:00 PM
The headline, Ron, comes from the quote from the CWLA. HER WORDS,
Ron.

And since she is a Washington based lobbyist, I assume she is FAMILIAR WITH THE
WHOLE US.

Or do you know more than she??

Ron
October 2nd 03, 11:45 PM
"Fern5827" > wrote in message
> The headline, Ron, comes from the quote from the CWLA. HER WORDS,
> Ron.
>
> And since she is a Washington based lobbyist, I assume she is FAMILIAR
WITH THE
> WHOLE US.
>
> Or do you know more than she??

You posted it plant baby, did you bother to read it, or just take it on
faith that since it seemed to negative concerning FP's that you could post
it and run off and hide back under your rock? Take responsibility for your
actions dearie, thats the adult thing to do. I realize that you have never
really grown up, but give it a try.

BTW, most states do not regulate smoking by foster parents, they educate
them. I don't have a problem with that. Education is usually far more
effective than demanding. Now there is a unique idea for you fern, get an
education. It aint cheap, but most people find it useful.

Ron