PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about fostering a special needs child?

Gail Albrechtson
November 23rd 03, 09:44 PM
I read with interest an article about how foster parents are often
criticized, misunderstood, over-stressed and under-appreciated. More often
than not, the only ones that make the news are the ones who have done
something wrong. such as abusing children in their homes. As I continued to
read the article, I decided that perhaps my book could help change the
negative images portrayed of foster parents and foster care in general.

Having been a young, single mom who was unable to take care of my infant,
she was placed in foster care. I have written a book titled, "Natural
Harmony: Jade's Story," which talks about our separation and eventual
reunion. My daughter's foster parents played a large and important role in
our lives. In fact, if it weren't for the support of such wonderful foster
parents, I likely would have never been reunited with my daughter. The story
presents foster parenting in a much truer light than what is often depicted
by society.

I've included below a direct link to the publisher's website. I'd like to
mention that the excerpts on the webpage do not refer to foster care,
however, throughout the story, I've included a strong message about the
importance of foster parenting.

Gail

www.trafford.com/robots/03-0761.html