PDA

View Full Version : |Re: Thinking about fostering a special needs child?

Kane
November 23rd 03, 10:20 PM
On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 21:44:20 GMT, "Gail Albrechtson" >
wrote:

>I read with interest an article about how foster parents are often
>criticized, misunderstood, over-stressed and under-appreciated. More
often
>than not, the only ones that make the news are the ones who have done
>something wrong. such as abusing children in their homes. As I
continued to
>read the article, I decided that perhaps my book could help change
the
>negative images portrayed of foster parents and foster care in
general.

>Having been a young, single mom who was unable to take care of my
infant,
>she was placed in foster care. I have written a book titled, "Natural
>Harmony: Jade's Story," which talks about our separation and eventual
>reunion. My daughter's foster parents played a large and important
role in
>our lives. In fact, if it weren't for the support of such wonderful
foster
>parents, I likely would have never been reunited with my daughter.
The story
>presents foster parenting in a much truer light than what is often
depicted
>by society.
>

>I've included below a direct link to the publisher's website. I'd
like to
>mention that the excerpts on the webpage do not refer to foster care,
>however, throughout the story, I've included a strong message about
the
>importance of foster parenting.
>

>Gail
>
>www.trafford.com/robots/03-0761.html

I expect, but for a very few, the reponse you get in this ng will be
to refute your claims to good foster parenting based on yours being an
exceptional case.

What is exceptional about your case is that you are reporting the
truth about it. Most children in the foster care system don't grow up
to write about it, except to give testamony if they were harmed.

The ones that truly benefited are busy living their lives.

You are brave to come here. I hope your book has huge sales and you
profit well by it. Post to the websites for foster parents if you have
not already.

Best of luck,

Kane