PDA

View Full Version : Re: new here!!

CME
June 27th 03, 04:01 AM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> Maureen Seufert > wrote in message
> > hi guys..im new here..found this siite while searching the web......wow
> > i can sympathize with you guys.....im working.....but its considered
> > part time...i get 7 an hr but also get comision(spelling)....i have been
> > there 8 yrs...my rent etc has gone up.....i have asked for a raise 4
> > x.....and told that because i get commison.....i have to "earn what im
> > worth" its in the telemarketing field and with the new pa do not call
> > list well sales are down im getting 200 $ less then what i was
> > making....i could only pay half my rent.....and the landlord says if i
> > dont come up with the rest my the end of the month they are taking me to
> > court....so i have been looking for another job.....i hate the one i do
> > now but with my situation i have to keep that one and do something
> > during the day....which means my 12 yr old and 6 yr old will be with
> > there dad and sitter most of the week im so down.......my x is no
> > help....keeps telling me this is my punishment for getting div......im
> > also having problems witih my 12 yr old son....before i was div i had
> > discipline problems with him but since sep and div had been worse the
> > child has no respect for me when i tell his dad he just shrugs his
> > shoulders......my son called me a name right in front of his dad...his
> > dad just said "patrick u shouldnt call your mother that" if i said to my
> > mom what he said and MY father was there id have no tongue left in my
> > head!!!!!!!!!! i have a b/f and my b/f knows how he is and cnat stand
> > him and my son feels the same towards him.......i just feel like running
> > away sometimes.....all the stress i am under......i came here to offer
> > advice but i need to vent today......to see if anyone else is going
> > through same things with kids? and i feel sooo much guilt......with the
> > div having to have to work 2 jobs now......i feel like a horrible
> > mom......
> >

> I am having a very hard time reading this. Sentences are just running
> together....
>
> Whatever.

Wow Tiff, anything you'd like to talk about? I've never seen you so snippy.

Christine

Kristen313
June 27th 03, 04:17 AM
>> I am having a very hard time reading this. Sentences are just running
>> together....
>>
>> Whatever.

Just another example of someone trying to get a little support, and you
responding with a nasty comment. Do you know how to be kind? Is your life
really that bad?

Cele
June 27th 03, 05:22 AM
On 27 Jun 2003 03:17:05 GMT, (Kristen313) wrote:

>>> I am having a very hard time reading this. Sentences are just running
>>> together....
>>>
>>> Whatever.
>>>

>Just another example of someone trying to get a little support, and you
>responding with a nasty comment. Do you know how to be kind? Is your life
>really that bad?

Kirsten, if it was, would this response make it better, and more
likely she'd be helpful, or worse?

Sometimes it's a good idea to just lay low for a bit, and get to know
who people are before you post. Learn a little about them, what they
face, what they've been through, what they've done about it. People
here are mostly pretty decent people, but everyone's got a story,
y'know. I expect you do too. In a big room full of people you didn't
know, you'd probably get to know 'em a bit before getting into the
heavy talking, right? You'd wait to see how the land lay, who might
have some shared experiences, stuff like that. You probably wouldn't
vent straight off....at least, I don't suppose most people would.
It's not so very different here.

If you've got some things you want to talk about with respect to
single parenting, why not start a new thread, toss out some thoughts
(but steer clear of the ex bashing stuff), and see what kind of
response you get to that? Most people can separate from a flame war
and cut to the chase. I'd certainly respond to posts like that with my
best efforts at support, and so, I think, would lots of other people.

Good luck to you, whatever you decide to do.

Cele

Kristen313
June 27th 03, 05:29 AM
>Sometimes it's a good idea to just lay low for a bit, and get to know
>who people are before you post.

I've layed low for quite a while, and then couldn't take the nastiness of some
people anymore.>(but steer clear of the ex bashing stuff),

I have nothing bad to say about my ex.
I am definitely not an ex-basher.
> Most people can separate from a flame war
>and cut to the chase.

That would be nice, but I believe it's a little too late for that now, don't
you think?

Kristen313
June 27th 03, 05:30 AM
> I am having a very hard time reading this. Sentences are just running

What would the purpose of this comment be? Trying to be helpful in her
sentence structure? Didn't think so.

Cele
June 27th 03, 05:41 AM
On 27 Jun 2003 04:30:24 GMT, (Kristen313) wrote:

>> I am having a very hard time reading this. Sentences are just running

>What would the purpose of this comment be? Trying to be helpful in her
>sentence structure? Didn't think so.

Kristen, there are people here with vision problems, with learning
disabilities, with all kinds of characteristics that might have made
that particular post hard for them to read. Maybe she's just saying
that it's hard to read. Maybe that's the whole point of that comment.

Cele

turtledove
June 27th 03, 12:24 PM
"Kristen313" > wrote in message
> >Sometimes it's a good idea to just lay low for a bit, and get to know
> >who people are before you post.
>
> I've layed low for quite a while, and then couldn't take the nastiness of
some
> people anymore.>(but steer clear of the ex bashing stuff),
>
> I have nothing bad to say about my ex.
> I am definitely not an ex-basher.
> > Most people can separate from a flame war
> >and cut to the chase.
>
> That would be nice, but I believe it's a little too late for that now,
don't
> you think?

Actually no. Once you get done with your petty snipping and would like to
contribute in a positive matter, I'm sure you'll be welcome with open arms.
Right folks?

*b

turtledove
June 27th 03, 12:28 PM
"Kristen313" > wrote in message
> >I might be way off base here, but I've just got this suspicion that
> >you're new to Usenet? If so, really think about what I'm suggesting.
>
> I will definitely think about what you are saying. I am not new to
Usenet.
> I've been very involved in 2 other groups for years due to a chronic
medical
> illness.
> >No, I definitely don't think you can't find support here.
> If the truth were to be known, I'm sure everyone would be happy for me to
go
> away, which is most likely what will happen. Paul will be very happy, I'm
> sure.

I, for one, would just be happy if you would contribute. Please, stay!
Heaven knows I got slammed my first time here...and now almost four years
later, I maintain the FAQ and wouldn't trade this place for the world. I
love these guys. Hell, I got remarried and STILL couldn't let this place
go.

How about this: I'll quit getting so damn frustrated at what you say.
Okay? Promise.

Now, why don't you tell us a little about yourself?

Hi, I'm *brianne, and I've been remarried for 2 years. I have a beautiful
(almost nine) DS who I have residential custody of. My ex is not really
involved in his life, however, my current husband loves him as if he were
his own. In fact, he says now he has somebody his own age to play with.
So, a lot of times you'll hear me say I have two kids. That's why.

*b

Kristen313
June 27th 03, 03:24 PM

>Kristen, there are people here with vision problems, with learning
>disabilities, with all kinds of characteristics that might have made
>that particular post hard for them to read. Maybe she's just saying
>that it's hard to read. Maybe that's the whole point of that comment.

Come on, do you really believe that?

Kristen313
June 27th 03, 03:27 PM

>I hope you're feeling well at this point.

Very well, thank you much. Surgery and a 2 month stay in the hospital took
care of a great deal of it.>If you give yourself time to get to know people,
sit back a bit, and
>then post calmly on single parenting topics, I am quite certain you'll
>be as welcome here as anyone.
>
>Cele

Again, thank you, but I doubt I will ever be welcome.

Kristen313
June 27th 03, 03:34 PM

>I, for one, would just be happy if you would contribute. Please, stay!
>Heaven knows I got slammed my first time here...and now almost four years
>later, I maintain the FAQ and wouldn't trade this place for the world. I
>love these guys. Hell, I got remarried and STILL couldn't let this place
>go.
>
>How about this: I'll quit getting so damn frustrated at what you say.
>Okay? Promise.
>
>Now, why don't you tell us a little about yourself?
>
>Hi, I'm *brianne, and I've been remarried for 2 years. I have a beautiful
>(almost nine) DS who I have residential custody of. My ex is not really
>involved in his life, however, my current husband loves him as if he were
>his own. In fact, he says now he has somebody his own age to play with.
>So, a lot of times you'll hear me say I have two kids. That's why.
>
>*b

Thank, Brianne. What is a DS? Sounds like things are going well for you. I
have been a single mom for about 3 years. I left before I knew I was pregnant
with my 2nd son. (They are 2&5). My ex is involved, by coming over and seeing
them, but just not financially. (I'm not slamming him, honestly---he does love
them a lot.)
If you all want me to go away, that's fine. I have lots of questions, but I
will respect what you want.

turtledove
June 27th 03, 03:57 PM
"Kristen313" > wrote in message

> >I, for one, would just be happy if you would contribute. Please, stay!
> >Heaven knows I got slammed my first time here...and now almost four years
> >later, I maintain the FAQ and wouldn't trade this place for the world. I
> >love these guys. Hell, I got remarried and STILL couldn't let this place
> >go.
> >
> >How about this: I'll quit getting so damn frustrated at what you say.
> >Okay? Promise.
> >
> >Now, why don't you tell us a little about yourself?
> >
> >Hi, I'm *brianne, and I've been remarried for 2 years. I have a
beautiful
> >(almost nine) DS who I have residential custody of. My ex is not really
> >involved in his life, however, my current husband loves him as if he were
> >his own. In fact, he says now he has somebody his own age to play with.
> >So, a lot of times you'll hear me say I have two kids. That's why.
> >
> >*b
> >
> Thank, Brianne. What is a DS? Sounds like things are going well for you.
> have been a single mom for about 3 years. I left before I knew I was
pregnant
> with my 2nd son. (They are 2&5). My ex is involved, by coming over and
seeing
> them, but just not financially. (I'm not slamming him, honestly---he does
love
> them a lot.)
> If you all want me to go away, that's fine. I have lots of questions, but
> will respect what you want.

DS stands for Dear Son or Darling Son. SS would be Step-Son. DH would be
Dear Husband or Damn Husband depending on the mood (hehe).

My ex and I split when our son was 8 months old. That was the 'official
legally separated split', but we had split, really, while I was pregnant.
Though I will say he was there for me during the birth and was a trooper (I
had severe pre-eclampsia and had to be induced....needless to say it sucked
in a huge huge way).

The important thing is that your ex is involved. Mine isn't, by his choice,
and lately I'm really bitter about that. However, like I said before, my
current husband loves my son like his own and we just go day to day. My ex
does pay child support, but I would give it all back if he would just see
his son every once and awhile.

Ask your questions! You'll have to ignore the snotty comments (if any are
made) and take each answer with a grain of salt. Remember, support does not
equal agreement. Which is cool, because you get different perspectives.
And yes, some things are highly controversial and people have very deep
feelings about issues. The important thing is being respectful of others
differences in opinions.

We are a very protective group, some of us have been here literally over
three years. A lot of old timers lurk in the shadows and appear from time
to time, which is why it may sometimes appear like we pounce a lot.

I'll repost the FAQ, that may help. Take a good long read, there are lots
of good things in there.

with respect,
*bri (who does a lot better when she gets enough coffee in her
system...hehe)

Joelle
June 27th 03, 04:21 PM
>If you all want me to go away, that's fine. I have lots of questions, but I
>will respect what you want.

If you stick around, you will find that this is a group that is supportive and
helpful if you want to talk about your kids. If you want to change us or the
ng, then it's just going to be a bunch of silly flaming and trust, me you are
not coming out ahead in that game.

When you ask for opinions you will get them. Some will make sense. If they
make sense use them. Some will not work for you. Ignore what doesn't work.
don't be offended by what doesn't work.

Some opinions will sting. If you are hurt by the opinion of a stranger, IMO,
it means one of two things - either it's true and it hurts to face the truth,
or you care too much about the opinion of strangers. When you start getting in
the middle of something ask yourself "Do I care what this person thinks?"

After awhile, you will find some people with whom you have an affinity. There
will be some people you will grow to respect immensly. There will be some with
whom you will never agree with about most things, but they will still
occasionally say something helpful. Some will always annoy you and never post
the way you think they should. Unless you enjoy constant flame wars, I suggest
you filter some of the more annoying ones (even if I'm one of them) until you
can learn not to let them get to you.

You are not the first one to come riding in here thinking you were telling us
something new and insightful about how to be supportive. Nor will you be the
last to see that we really are helpful and supportive just the way we are.

Stick around.

Joelle
If you want to make God laugh, tell him what you are doing tomorrow
Father Mike

Tiffany
June 27th 03, 04:32 PM
CME > wrote in message

> "Tiffany" > wrote in message
> >
> > Maureen Seufert > wrote in message
> > > hi guys..im new here..found this siite while searching the
web......wow
> > > i can sympathize with you guys.....im working.....but its considered
> > > part time...i get 7 an hr but also get comision(spelling)....i have
been
> > > there 8 yrs...my rent etc has gone up.....i have asked for a raise 4
> > > x.....and told that because i get commison.....i have to "earn what im
> > > worth" its in the telemarketing field and with the new pa do not call
> > > list well sales are down im getting 200 $ less then what i was
> > > making....i could only pay half my rent.....and the landlord says if i
> > > dont come up with the rest my the end of the month they are taking me
> > > court....so i have been looking for another job.....i hate the one i
do
> > > now but with my situation i have to keep that one and do something
> > > during the day....which means my 12 yr old and 6 yr old will be with
> > > there dad and sitter most of the week im so down.......my x is no
> > > help....keeps telling me this is my punishment for getting div......im
> > > also having problems witih my 12 yr old son....before i was div i had
> > > discipline problems with him but since sep and div had been worse the
> > > child has no respect for me when i tell his dad he just shrugs his
> > > shoulders......my son called me a name right in front of his dad...his
> > > dad just said "patrick u shouldnt call your mother that" if i said to
my
> > > mom what he said and MY father was there id have no tongue left in my
> > > head!!!!!!!!!! i have a b/f and my b/f knows how he is and cnat stand
> > > him and my son feels the same towards him.......i just feel like
running
> > > away sometimes.....all the stress i am under......i came here to offer
> > > advice but i need to vent today......to see if anyone else is going
> > > through same things with kids? and i feel sooo much guilt......with
the
> > > div having to have to work 2 jobs now......i feel like a horrible
> > > mom......
> > >

> > I am having a very hard time reading this. Sentences are just running
> > together....
> >
> > Whatever.
> >

> Wow Tiff, anything you'd like to talk about? I've never seen you so
snippy.

> Christine

Not a thing. Just calling it like I see it. Thanks for your concern though.
:)

How are the boys?

Tiffany
June 27th 03, 04:34 PM
Kristen313 > wrote in message
> > I am having a very hard time reading this. Sentences are just running

> What would the purpose of this comment be? Trying to be helpful in her
> sentence structure? Didn't think so.

This post is days old. What made this resurface? lol

Yes it was to be helpful. If people can't read your jibberish, you can't get
help.

Dennis Here
June 27th 03, 05:57 PM
turtledove wrote in message ...

>"Kristen313" > wrote in message
>> >
>> >Kristen, there are people here with vision problems, with learning
>> >disabilities, with all kinds of characteristics that might have made
>> >that particular post hard for them to read. Maybe she's just saying
>> >that it's hard to read. Maybe that's the whole point of that comment.
>>
>> Come on, do you really believe that?
>>

>Actually it's true. I, for one, have double vision due to a car accident I
>had a year ago. When things are written all lowercase, without
punctuation,
>it is really hard for me to read it properly. I can still read it if I had
>to, but generally I skip those messages.
>
>So yes, what Cele said it true and she does believe it.

I am just a cantacorous (spell check couldn't help) old grump who feels
that if someone does not present themself well enough then why should I
bother responding ;-)

Dennis

Cele
June 27th 03, 11:20 PM
On 27 Jun 2003 14:24:45 GMT, (Kristen313) wrote:

>>Kristen, there are people here with vision problems, with learning
>>disabilities, with all kinds of characteristics that might have made
>>that particular post hard for them to read. Maybe she's just saying
>>that it's hard to read. Maybe that's the whole point of that comment.
>
>Come on, do you really believe that?

Yeah, I do. :-)

Cele

June 28th 03, 12:47 AM
In ,
Dennis Here oureply>
typed:
> turtledove wrote in message ...

>>> Come on, do you really believe that?
>>>

>> Actually it's true. I, for one, have double vision due to a car
>> accident I had a year ago. When things are written all lowercase,
>> without punctuation, it is really hard for me to read it properly.
>> I can still read it if I had to, but generally I skip those messages.
>>
>> So yes, what Cele said it true and she does believe it.
>

> I am just a cantacorous (spell check couldn't help) old grump who
> feels that if someone does not present themself well enough then why
> should I bother responding ;-)
>
> Dennis

Dennis, no offense, but I wanted to help where spell check couldn't. It's
cantankerous. No offense intended.

Betsy
--
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with
ketchup.

Tiffany
June 28th 03, 02:25 AM
Cele > wrote in message
> On 27 Jun 2003 14:24:45 GMT, (Kristen313) wrote:
>

> >>Kristen, there are people here with vision problems, with learning
> >>disabilities, with all kinds of characteristics that might have made
> >>that particular post hard for them to read. Maybe she's just saying
> >>that it's hard to read. Maybe that's the whole point of that comment.
> >
> >Come on, do you really believe that?
>
> Yeah, I do. :-)
>
> Cele

Gee..... don't you 'regulars' believe that I can be mean? lol

Rolly The Pervert
June 28th 03, 03:54 AM
"CME" > wrote in message

> "Kristen313" > wrote in message
> > >
> > >I hope you're feeling well at this point.
> > >

> > Very well, thank you much. Surgery and a 2 month stay in the hospital
> took
> > care of a great deal of it.>If you give yourself time to get to know
> people,
> > sit back a bit, and
> > >then post calmly on single parenting topics, I am quite certain you'll
> > >be as welcome here as anyone.
> > >
> > >Cele
> >
> > Again, thank you, but I doubt I will ever be welcome.
>
> Pah, if *I* can be welcome, then hell ya the door is open. lol Man, I
> recall a time I had it in for Dennis, Joelle, Paul F and Steve... but not
> all at the same time mind you. lmao

You forgot me and L :p

> Christine

Tiffany
June 28th 03, 12:21 PM
CME > wrote in message

> "Tiffany" > wrote in message
> >
> > CME > wrote in message

> > web......wow
> > been
> im
> call
> me
> > do
> div......im
> had
> the
> dad...his
> > my
> my
> stand
> > running
> offer
> > the

> > > Wow Tiff, anything you'd like to talk about? I've never seen you so
> > snippy.
> > >
> > > Christine
> > >

> > Not a thing. Just calling it like I see it. Thanks for your concern
> though.
> > :)
> >
> > How are the boys?

> They're great, today was the last day of school, so we're excited about
> spending the summer together (yeah, I'm taking it off for the first time
in
> 7 years). Besides, I needed the break from school, 3 years round the
clock
> has taken its toll. lol
>
> Christine

Good for you. I usually have any easy summer, due to a decline in business
but so far that hasn't happen yet. There is always next week. lol
You take it easy for sure, you deserve it!

CME
June 29th 03, 06:23 PM
"Rolly The Pervert" > wrote in message

> > > Very well, thank you much. Surgery and a 2 month stay in the hospital
> > took
> > > care of a great deal of it.>If you give yourself time to get to know
> > people,
> > > sit back a bit, and

> > > Again, thank you, but I doubt I will ever be welcome.
> >
> > Pah, if *I* can be welcome, then hell ya the door is open. lol Man, I
> > recall a time I had it in for Dennis, Joelle, Paul F and Steve... but
not
> > all at the same time mind you. lmao
> >

> You forgot me and L :p
>

> > Christine

If you're meaning Lorian, I've never had a problem with her. ;)

Christine

Dennis Here
July 1st 03, 07:12 PM
eweber1wrote in message ...

>Dennis, no offense, but I wanted to help where spell check couldn't

No offence but you spelt offense wrong for where I live ;-)
Thanks for the correction.
Dennis

July 1st 03, 09:51 PM
In ,
Dennis Here oureply>
typed:
> eweber1wrote in message ...
>>
>> Dennis, no offense, but I wanted to help where spell check couldn't
>
> No offence but you spelt offense wrong for where I live ;-)
> Thanks for the correction.
> Dennis

Of course I did, Dennis. After all I am American...heehee.
:-)

Betsy
--
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with
ketchup.

dolores
July 4th 03, 09:13 PM
"Maureen Seufert" > wrote in message
> hi guys..im new here..found this siite while searching the web......

Same way I did.....purely by accident.

which means my 12 yr old and 6 yr old will be with
> there dad and sitter most of the week im so down.......

Maureen are you feeling bad cos your children are not with you all day, or
cos of the financial difficulties or what?

I can only empathise with you and say that most of us have been there too.
I worked 7 days a week most weeks, before that I was at college and hardly
spoke to the kids let alone cooked for them for that time.......but it payed
off in the end.....but if you keep at it, you'll find things will get
easier.

If you think you should be earning more why dont you change jobs.
Unfortuanately handing our children over to someone else whilst we work is
unavoidable for the most of us single parents. But you can take heart from
the fact that you're not alone, and if you have a good relationship with
your kids when you *are* with them, then you're already on the winning road
and miles ahead of many other parents......both single *and* married I might
add.

my x is no
> help....keeps telling me this is my punishment for getting div......

I dont know the circumstances behind the divorce and dont want to berate
your ex, when the divorce could have been down to you......Need more detail.

im
> also having problems witih my 12 yr old son....before i was div i had
> discipline problems with him but since sep and div had been worse the
> child has no respect for me when i tell his dad he just shrugs his
> shoulders......my son called me a name right in front of his dad...

Do you have any parenting advice groups in your area? It might be worth a
visit. I dont know what your son called you or why he was rude to you, but
I'd reckon he's having a hard time with your divorce. Also, some of the
others here would be better at responding to this, I rule with a rod of iron
in my house and wont even consider rudeness towards me as a problem......cos
it just aint going to happen.......PERIOD.......( ;~(((.....famous last
words of a mother of pre-teen boys). Now that I think of it, maybe it's
related to his age. How'd ya like to join Betsy and I in comparing notes,
and helping each other through the next 10 years............My hair just
went gray....lolol... :~)))

i just feel like running
> away sometimes.....

If you think being a single parent is hard.......I would say that running
away would be a lot harder to cope with, and you would spend the rest of
your life steeped in guilt, it would tear you to bits......A break might be
an idea though, could your family take the kids for a couple of days maybe,
give you a little time out?

all the stress i am under......i came here to offer
> advice

Like I said....you are welcome to join Betsy and I (assuming Betsy doesnt
mind.....do you Betsy?)

but i need to vent today......to see if anyone else is going
> through same things with kids?

LOL......Oh yes!!!......I can understand excatly where you are coming from
and how you feel. I'm assuming here (and no insult intended) that you are
kind, loving and warm towards your children. That you dont hurl abuse at
them, ignore them or make them feel unwanted or unloved.....I only say this
cos you dont say much about your relationship with your children or your
parenting style, and unfortuanately there are too many parents that *do*
behave this way with their children) I;m in no way implying that you
are......at all

However, yes!! Most s/p go through the whole spectrum of emotions, some are
better able/equipped to deal with them and being a s/p others are not. But
what you have got to really realise is that *you* are the only that can
change your life....no one else......and once you really believe this then
it will happen as a matter of course, cos you wont let things stop you......

and i feel sooo much guilt......

Normal, Normal, normal......I used to feel guilt for all sorts of
reasons......but I think every single parent feels too much guilt.......for
whatever reason. I blame married people for that......LOLOL

with the
> div having to have to work 2 jobs now......i feel like a horrible
> mom......

Only you can answer that .......and your kids when they are older.....But if
you feel there are areas that lack in your parenting, then post it and get
feedback. If you think you are a horrible mom cos you work 2 jobs and a
divorce then you are a very lucky woman compared to some parents.....Do you
hit them, hurl abuse at them, leave them unnattened (the 6 y/o) etc
etc.....Some parents do.....and *they* are the ones that really should feel
guilt. Not a single parent that is working her ass off just to pay the bills
and doesnt get a heck of a lot of time with them.

Maureen, maybe you could post more information and get some support. That
is what this group is here for. I'm not great at words of wisdom, but some
here are far better and far more experienced than I. Also, (now where's
Maureen our regular) some have gone through hell and back for their kids and
come out the other end smiling. One mother that used to post here actually
bailed her husband out of jail just so her kids could see him.......I was
amazed at her. You wouldn't believe what some parents have gone
through.....You sound luckier than most.....but like me you may not realise
it for years.......

One thing though......you have a 12 y/o son.....seems as though you've got a
fair few years parenting under your belt......but yet you sound like a new
s/p or not used to fending for your self......Maybe I missed something.

Dolores

dolores
July 4th 03, 09:20 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message

> >Just another example of someone trying to get a little support, and you
> >responding with a nasty comment. Do you know how to be kind? Is your life
> >really that bad?
>
> Kirsten, if it was, would this response make it better, and more
> likely she'd be helpful, or worse?
>
> Sometimes it's a good idea to just lay low for a bit, and get to know
> who people are before you post. Learn a little about them, what they
> face, what they've been through, what they've done about it. People
> here are mostly pretty decent people, but everyone's got a story,
> y'know. I expect you do too. In a big room full of people you didn't
> know, you'd probably get to know 'em a bit before getting into the
> heavy talking, right? You'd wait to see how the land lay, who might
> have some shared experiences, stuff like that. You probably wouldn't
> vent straight off....at least, I don't suppose most people would.
> It's not so very different here.
>
> If you've got some things you want to talk about with respect to
> single parenting, why not start a new thread, toss out some thoughts
> (but steer clear of the ex bashing stuff), and see what kind of
> response you get to that? Most people can separate from a flame war
> and cut to the chase. I'd certainly respond to posts like that with my
> best efforts at support, and so, I think, would lots of other people.
>
> Good luck to you, whatever you decide to do.
>
> Cele

THAT has got to be one of the most patronising posts I've ever
read.......and I've been on the group about 5 years I think (absences
excluded).

I actually took the time to read the post and appreciate that not everyone
is endowed with good grammer. The original poster may well be
dislexic....we dont know. Did any of ye think to ask.....doubt it!! (Mind
you, it is a long thread and havent read them all.......so I am open to
being corrected....this time)

On reading the post I think it's genuine and the poor girl is having a bad
time. Well she must be....to come out with a statement that she is a bad
mother......I was there once.....I thought *I* was a bad mother.....so I
know how it feels......Unfortuantely I wasn't lucky enough to have family
nearby or ASSP.

Jesus!!....Some of ye that have joined this group are real arrogant
arseholes! Just my 2cents!

Dolores

dolores
July 4th 03, 09:26 PM
"Kristen313" > wrote in message
> >I might be way off base here, but I've just got this suspicion that
> >you're new to Usenet? If so, really think about what I'm suggesting.
>
> I will definitely think about what you are saying. I am not new to
Usenet.
> I've been very involved in 2 other groups for years due to a chronic
medical
> illness.
> >No, I definitely don't think you can't find support here.
> If the truth were to be known, I'm sure everyone would be happy for me to
go
> away, which is most likely what will happen.

Maureen probably felt the same too....I scrolled down and cant see any other
post from her.....I really thought she was genuine.....

Dont leave the group on the *assholes* account.......cos that's what most of
them are......assholes.....Not that I;m any angel either, but if some is
genuinely in need of advice then they shouldn't ran out of the group cos
they dont type well....We all have our weakness........lol......not me
though!!..<wink>

Paul will be very happy, I'm
> sure.

Paul Fritz you mean.......who gives a **** what he thinks....I recall
telling him to **** off last year.......reckon he cant read too
well......Block his message if he bothers you......I'm sure I'm on plenty
k/files.......and do I care.......no!......boohoo

Dolores

dolores
July 4th 03, 09:30 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On 27 Jun 2003 04:46:18 GMT, (Kristen313) wrote:
>
> >>I might be way off base here, but I've just got this suspicion that
> >>you're new to Usenet? If so, really think about what I'm suggesting.
> >
> >I will definitely think about what you are saying. I am not new to
Usenet.
> >I've been very involved in 2 other groups for years due to a chronic
medical
> >illness.
>
> I hope you're feeling well at this point.
>
> >>No, I definitely don't think you can't find support here.
> >If the truth were to be known, I'm sure everyone would be happy for me to
go
> >away, which is most likely what will happen. Paul will be very happy,
I'm
> >sure.
>
> Truth be told, people come and go, and I don't think the regulars
> think about it too much, until you are a regular yourself.
>
> If you give yourself time to get to know people, sit back a bit, and
> then post calmly on single parenting topics, I am quite certain you'll
> be as welcome here as anyone.
>
> Cele

Given what I've read so far I wouldn't blame Kirsten if she unsubscribed,
cos she's been blown outa the water.....all the way and made to feel totally
unwelcome.........and I'm damned if I can find at post to support that
response......

Dolores

dolores
July 4th 03, 09:45 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On 27 Jun 2003 04:30:24 GMT, (Kristen313) wrote:
>
> >> I am having a very hard time reading this. Sentences are just running

> >What would the purpose of this comment be? Trying to be helpful in her
> >sentence structure? Didn't think so.
>
> Kristen, there are people here with vision problems, with learning
> disabilities, with all kinds of characteristics that might have made
> that particular post hard for them to read. Maybe she's just saying
> that it's hard to read. Maybe that's the whole point of that comment.
>
> Cele

What a load o' ****e Cele.....and we both know it!...

If someone found it hard to read for a particular reason they would
say.......I found Maureens post hard to follow cos it was just that.....but
I read it all the same.....cos some of it got to me......Shame ........she's
gone now and I hope ye are all happy and reaaaaallll proud of yerselves.

Dolores

dolores
July 4th 03, 09:46 PM
"Kristen313" > wrote in message

> >Kristen, there are people here with vision problems, with learning
> >disabilities, with all kinds of characteristics that might have made
> >that particular post hard for them to read. Maybe she's just saying
> >that it's hard to read. Maybe that's the whole point of that comment.
>
> Come on, do you really believe that?

Could have saved myself a post.....and just typed Agreed on this one......ah
welll.....I reply as I read, other wise I get lost....and that aint
hard....lol

Dolores

dolores
July 4th 03, 09:49 PM
"Dennis Here" oureply>
wrote in message ...

> turtledove wrote in message ...

> >> Come on, do you really believe that?
> >>

> >Actually it's true. I, for one, have double vision due to a car accident
> >had a year ago. When things are written all lowercase, without
> punctuation,
> >it is really hard for me to read it properly. I can still read it if I
had
> >to, but generally I skip those messages.
> >
> >So yes, what Cele said it true and she does believe it.
>

> I am just a cantacorous (spell check couldn't help) old grump

Old grump hey?......And to think I was going to suggest that when we meet we
go surfing.....Freddy would love it......so would I......watching a
cantankorous old grump riding the waves...lol

Dolores

Kristen313
July 5th 03, 05:01 AM

>Given what I've read so far I wouldn't blame Kirsten if she unsubscribed,
>cos she's been blown outa the water.....all the way and made to feel totally
>unwelcome.........and I'm damned if I can find at post to support that
>response......
>
>Dolores

Dolores, I appreciate your support. I've been trying to stick it out here
because it seems like there are some helpful things to read from people who
have been there.
Kristen

dolores
July 5th 03, 11:12 PM
"Kristen313" > wrote in message

> >Given what I've read so far I wouldn't blame Kirsten if she unsubscribed,
> >cos she's been blown outa the water.....all the way and made to feel
totally
> >unwelcome.........and I'm damned if I can find at post to support that
> >response......
> >
> >Dolores
> >

> Dolores, I appreciate your support. I've been trying to stick it out here
> because it seems like there are some helpful things to read from people
who
> have been there.
> Kristen

Yeah you're right, it's just a shame more of the real regulars are not
around, they are genuinely nice people.....and really had a good
laugh.....their wit was fantastic......This new bunch.....are too uptight
than is healthy....one or two excepted of course......mind you!!.....I have
to make allowances though.......they're American....<teehee> ;))

Dolores

Tiffany
July 6th 03, 01:36 AM
dolores > wrote in message

> "Kristen313" > wrote in message
> > >
> > >Given what I've read so far I wouldn't blame Kirsten if she
unsubscribed,
> > >cos she's been blown outa the water.....all the way and made to feel
> totally
> > >unwelcome.........and I'm damned if I can find at post to support that
> > >response......
> > >
> > >Dolores
> > >

> > Dolores, I appreciate your support. I've been trying to stick it out
here
> > because it seems like there are some helpful things to read from people
> who
> > have been there.
> > Kristen
>
> Yeah you're right, it's just a shame more of the real regulars are not
> around, they are genuinely nice people.....and really had a good
> laugh.....their wit was fantastic......This new bunch.....are too uptight
> than is healthy....one or two excepted of course......mind you!!.....I
have
> to make allowances though.......they're American....<teehee> ;))
>
> Dolores

Well, god knows you have always been so nice. lmao

July 6th 03, 02:20 AM
In ,
dolores > typed:
> "Kristen313" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Given what I've read so far I wouldn't blame Kirsten if she
>>> unsubscribed, cos she's been blown outa the water.....all the way
>>> and made to feel totally unwelcome.........and I'm damned if I can
>>> find at post to support that response......
>>>
>>> Dolores
>>>

>> Dolores, I appreciate your support. I've been trying to stick it
>> out here because it seems like there are some helpful things to read
>> from people who have been there.
>> Kristen
>
> Yeah you're right, it's just a shame more of the real regulars are not
> around, they are genuinely nice people.....and really had a good
> laugh.....their wit was fantastic......This new bunch.....are too
> uptight than is healthy....one or two excepted of course......mind
> you!!.....I have to make allowances though.......they're
> American....<teehee> ;))
>
> Dolores

I hope I have not proven to be "too uptight" for ya. I know I am American,
but we all have our crosses to bear. LOL

Betsy
--
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with
ketchup.

Cele
July 6th 03, 06:17 AM
On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 21:20:08 +0100, "dolores" > wrote:

>> >Just another example of someone trying to get a little support, and you
>> >responding with a nasty comment. Do you know how to be kind? Is your life
>> >really that bad?
>>
>> Kirsten, if it was, would this response make it better, and more
>> likely she'd be helpful, or worse?
>>
>> Sometimes it's a good idea to just lay low for a bit, and get to know
>> who people are before you post. Learn a little about them, what they
>> face, what they've been through, what they've done about it. People
>> here are mostly pretty decent people, but everyone's got a story,
>> y'know. I expect you do too. In a big room full of people you didn't
>> know, you'd probably get to know 'em a bit before getting into the
>> heavy talking, right? You'd wait to see how the land lay, who might
>> have some shared experiences, stuff like that. You probably wouldn't
>> vent straight off....at least, I don't suppose most people would.
>> It's not so very different here.
>>
>> If you've got some things you want to talk about with respect to
>> single parenting, why not start a new thread, toss out some thoughts
>> (but steer clear of the ex bashing stuff), and see what kind of
>> response you get to that? Most people can separate from a flame war
>> and cut to the chase. I'd certainly respond to posts like that with my
>> best efforts at support, and so, I think, would lots of other people.
>>
>> Good luck to you, whatever you decide to do.
>>
>> Cele
>
>THAT has got to be one of the most patronising posts I've ever
>read.......and I've been on the group about 5 years I think (absences
>excluded).

Well, it's nice to be achieving new levels, I guess.

FWIW, it wasn't my intention to be patronising. She did sound like a
newbie and like maybe she was fairly young. She was seeming at that
time as if she wanted to be here and I was trying to be more
supportive rather than engaging in the flame war. If Kirsten felt
patronised, I'd certainly apologise to her, as that wasn't what I
meant to do.

>I actually took the time to read the post and appreciate that not everyone
>is endowed with good grammer. The original poster may well be
>dislexic....we dont know. Did any of ye think to ask.....doubt it!! (Mind
>you, it is a long thread and havent read them all.......so I am open to
>being corrected....this time)

Huh? I've read the whole thread too...in fact, I've read every post
for ages. Although I'm catching up tonight. But I've read 'em to that
point.

Anyway, I think it was me who pointed out that people are sometimes
dyslexic and stuff? I wouldn't directly ask someone if they were,
because A) I figure that if they wanted to tell Usenet they would, and
B) since it's an area of expertise for me I can often tell by the
posts anyway.

>On reading the post I think it's genuine and the poor girl is having a bad
>time. Well she must be....to come out with a statement that she is a bad
>mother......I was there once.....I thought *I* was a bad mother.....so I
>know how it feels......Unfortuantely I wasn't lucky enough to have family
>nearby or ASSP.

Dolores? I don't know what you're talking about. I never told anyone I
thought they were a bad mother, and I certainly didn't say that to
Kirsten. I'm really confused. I'm also on a huge backlog in my
newsgroups because I've been away for a week, so I confess I haven't
re-read the thread to try to figure it out. I kind of thought I was
being helpful. I certainly meant to be.

>Jesus!!....Some of ye that have joined this group are real arrogant
>arseholes! Just my 2cents!

And I thought you and I got along pretty well.....LOL

Cele

Cele
July 6th 03, 06:22 AM
On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 21:20:08 +0100, "dolores" > wrote:

>> >Just another example of someone trying to get a little support, and you
>> >responding with a nasty comment. Do you know how to be kind? Is your life
>> >really that bad?
>>
>> Kirsten, if it was, would this response make it better, and more
>> likely she'd be helpful, or worse?
>>
>> Sometimes it's a good idea to just lay low for a bit, and get to know
>> who people are before you post. Learn a little about them, what they
>> face, what they've been through, what they've done about it. People
>> here are mostly pretty decent people, but everyone's got a story,
>> y'know. I expect you do too. In a big room full of people you didn't
>> know, you'd probably get to know 'em a bit before getting into the
>> heavy talking, right? You'd wait to see how the land lay, who might
>> have some shared experiences, stuff like that. You probably wouldn't
>> vent straight off....at least, I don't suppose most people would.
>> It's not so very different here.
>>
>> If you've got some things you want to talk about with respect to
>> single parenting, why not start a new thread, toss out some thoughts
>> (but steer clear of the ex bashing stuff), and see what kind of
>> response you get to that? Most people can separate from a flame war
>> and cut to the chase. I'd certainly respond to posts like that with my
>> best efforts at support, and so, I think, would lots of other people.
>>
>> Good luck to you, whatever you decide to do.
>>
>> Cele
>
>THAT has got to be one of the most patronising posts I've ever
>read.......and I've been on the group about 5 years I think (absences
>excluded).

Okay, now I'm starting to get it. Dolores, I was posting to
***Kirsten***, not to Maureen, as I clearly state above. My post was
responded to my post with one that gave no indication of finding my
comments patronising, and some indication that she'd found them
helpful.

HERE is my response to Maureen:

>I actually took the time to read the post and appreciate that not everyone
>is endowed with good grammer. The original poster may well be
>dislexic....we dont know. Did any of ye think to ask.....doubt it!! (Mind
>you, it is a long thread and havent read them all.......so I am open to
>being corrected....this time)

I read and responded to the original post, as cited.

>On reading the post I think it's genuine and the poor girl is having a bad
>time. Well she must be....to come out with a statement that she is a bad
>mother......I was there once.....I thought *I* was a bad mother.....so I
>know how it feels......Unfortuantely I wasn't lucky enough to have family
>nearby or ASSP.
>

>Jesus!!....Some of ye that have joined this group are real arrogant
>arseholes! Just my 2cents!

I think you might need to get some change....

[g]

Cele

dolores
July 6th 03, 06:14 PM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> dolores > wrote in message

> unsubscribed,
> > totally

> > > Dolores, I appreciate your support. I've been trying to stick it out
> here
> > > because it seems like there are some helpful things to read from
people
> > who
> > > have been there.
> > > Kristen
> >
> > Yeah you're right, it's just a shame more of the real regulars are not
> > around, they are genuinely nice people.....and really had a good
> > laugh.....their wit was fantastic......This new bunch.....are too
uptight
> > than is healthy....one or two excepted of course......mind you!!.....I
> have
> > to make allowances though.......they're American....<teehee> ;))
> >
> > Dolores
> >

> Well, god knows you have always been so nice. lmao

Aaah...aint you sweet!!..LOL ;)))

Dolores

dolores
July 6th 03, 06:19 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 21:30:18 +0100, "dolores" > wrote:
>
> >Given what I've read so far I wouldn't blame Kirsten if she unsubscribed,
> >cos she's been blown outa the water.....all the way and made to feel
totally
> >unwelcome.........and I'm damned if I can find at post to support that
> >response......
>
> Yeah. I don't get it either. How what might have been justifiably mild
> irritation became an all out gang war kinda beats me.

Now that's what I thought, cos I've tried to find a post that deserved all
the abuse she(kirsten) got, and cant, hence the reason why I stuck my oar
in......LOL.....not that I *need* a reason of course!... <wink>.

Dolores

dolores
July 6th 03, 06:22 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 21:45:33 +0100, "dolores" > wrote:

> >> Kristen, there are people here with vision problems, with learning
> >> disabilities, with all kinds of characteristics that might have made
> >> that particular post hard for them to read. Maybe she's just saying
> >> that it's hard to read. Maybe that's the whole point of that comment.
> >>
> >> Cele
> >
> >What a load o' ****e Cele.....and we both know it!...
> >
> >If someone found it hard to read for a particular reason they would
> >say.......I found Maureens post hard to follow cos it was just
that.....but
> >I read it all the same.....cos some of it got to me......Shame
.........she's
> >gone now and I hope ye are all happy and reaaaaallll proud of yerselves.
>
> Hey, I never did anything to Maureen!

Oh maybe I got the wrong name......if I have sorry....... I'm not pedantic
enough sometimes......ah well, I live and learn I suppose.

> You're right about the post, though. I don't even remember it, but it
> seems to me that I thought the 'whatever' was possibly frustration,
> and it was somewhere early in what became the latest flame war where I
> thought that the 'whatever' might be triggered by stuff batting back
> and forth.
>
> But I forget.
>
> And it was report card week.

Cele, what's "report card week"? Is this an end of year report like we have
here......or a work thing?

Dolores

dolores
July 6th 03, 06:51 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 21:20:08 +0100, "dolores" > wrote:

> >> Kirsten, if it was, would this response make it better, and more
> >> likely she'd be helpful, or worse?
> >>
> >> Sometimes it's a good idea to just lay low for a bit, and get to know
> >> who people are before you post. Learn a little about them, what they
> >> face, what they've been through, what they've done about it. People
> >> here are mostly pretty decent people, but everyone's got a story,
> >> y'know. I expect you do too. In a big room full of people you didn't
> >> know, you'd probably get to know 'em a bit before getting into the
> >> heavy talking, right? You'd wait to see how the land lay, who might
> >> have some shared experiences, stuff like that. You probably wouldn't
> >> vent straight off....at least, I don't suppose most people would.
> >> It's not so very different here.
> >>
> >> If you've got some things you want to talk about with respect to
> >> single parenting, why not start a new thread, toss out some thoughts
> >> (but steer clear of the ex bashing stuff), and see what kind of
> >> response you get to that? Most people can separate from a flame war
> >> and cut to the chase. I'd certainly respond to posts like that with my
> >> best efforts at support, and so, I think, would lots of other people.
> >>
> >> Good luck to you, whatever you decide to do.
> >>
> >> Cele
> >
> >THAT has got to be one of the most patronising posts I've ever
> >read.......and I've been on the group about 5 years I think (absences
> >excluded).
>
> Okay, now I'm starting to get it. Dolores, I was posting to
> ***Kirsten***, not to Maureen, as I clearly state above. My post was
> responded to my post with one that gave no indication of finding my
> comments patronising, and some indication that she'd found them
> helpful.
>

> HERE is my response to Maureen:

> >I actually took the time to read the post and appreciate that not
everyone
> >is endowed with good grammer. The original poster may well be
> >dislexic....we dont know. Did any of ye think to ask.....doubt it!! (Mind
> >you, it is a long thread and havent read them all.......so I am open to
> >being corrected....this time)
>
> I read and responded to the original post, as cited.
>
> >On reading the post I think it's genuine and the poor girl is having a
bad
> >time. Well she must be....to come out with a statement that she is a bad
> >mother......I was there once.....I thought *I* was a bad mother.....so I
> >know how it feels......Unfortuantely I wasn't lucky enough to have family
> >nearby or ASSP.
> >

> >Jesus!!....Some of ye that have joined this group are real arrogant
> >arseholes! Just my 2cents!
>

> I think you might need to get some change....
>
> [g]
>
> Cele

LMAO

Would that be cheque or cash?

Dolores

Lisa aka Surfer
July 6th 03, 08:18 PM
"dolores" > wrote in message

.......This new bunch.....are too uptight
> than is healthy....one or two excepted of course......mind you!!.....I
have
> to make allowances though.......they're American....<teehee> ;))
>
> Dolores

LOL,,,I know, eh?

Lisa

Kelly
July 5th 04, 02:00 PM
Welcome

The most important thing about single parenting (or any parenting) is to
do the best you can. Be kind and patient with you and your children.
Most often we are easier on them than ourselves.

Your children will be OK. Because of you and in spite of you.

Single mom for 15 years

I top post, because to me that is the order.

Cele wrote:

>On 27 Jun 2003 04:30:24 GMT, (Kristen313) wrote:
>

>>>I am having a very hard time reading this. Sentences are just running

>>What would the purpose of this comment be? Trying to be helpful in her
>>sentence structure? Didn't think so.
>>

>Kristen, there are people here with vision problems, with learning
>disabilities, with all kinds of characteristics that might have made
>that particular post hard for them to read. Maybe she's just saying
>that it's hard to read. Maybe that's the whole point of that comment.
>
>Cele

July 7th 04, 03:31 AM
"Kelly" > wrote in message
Welcome

The most important thing about single parenting (or any parenting) is to do
the best you can. Be kind and patient with you and your children. Most often
we are easier on them than ourselves.

Your children will be OK. Because of you and in spite of you.

Single mom for 15 years

I top post, because to me that is the order.

snip all the other posting ...

But top posting is just plain wrong.
Dammit you people!!!!!!

xkatx
July 7th 04, 08:34 AM
"V" > wrote in message

> "Kelly" > wrote in message
> Welcome
>
> The most important thing about single parenting (or any parenting) is to
do
> the best you can. Be kind and patient with you and your children. Most
often
> we are easier on them than ourselves.
>
> Your children will be OK. Because of you and in spite of you.
>
> Single mom for 15 years
>
> I top post, because to me that is the order.
>
> snip all the other posting ...
>
> But top posting is just plain wrong.
> Dammit you people!!!!!!

READ THE SIG, PEOPLE!
It says it all, really, and it's true.
Seriously, Kelly, top-posting may be something that you do for whatever
reasons, but for some of us, it really does make it hard to follow. I know
I, for one, have some troubles following threads for a few reasons, and when
they start getting longer and full of those damned >>> all over the world,
it really can be a challenge to follow and focus on. I guess, if all else
fails, there's always the lovely killfile, but seriously, could you mind the
top-posting?

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?