PDA

View Full Version : Re: Thank you for those people who supported my statements

CME
June 27th 03, 04:31 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> [...]
> >have a
> >> clue what I meant with what I wrote. Sadly, there were several
immature
> >> adults. Regardless, I appreciate the support from the people who
> >did...support
> >> me. It's a frustrating time and I don't need those who choose to
> >> judge...remember..you don't know me, and haven't been through the fires
of
> >> hell, yet.
> >
> >I think every single one of us can relate to eachother in a few simple
ways.
> >We are all single parents. Single moms and dads. It doesn't really
matter
> >why we are single moms and dads; some of us may be divorced, some of us
may
> >have lost significant others through death, some of us could have been
> >single from the start. What brings us here isn't any type of hatred
(maybe
> >bad word, but hopefully you get my drift) for our ex's or what have you,
> >it's just pretty much the simple fact that, for one reason or another, we
> >are single parents.
> >
> >I'm willing to bet that we are all going through very different
situations,
> >be it how old we are, how old are children are, where we are from, why we
> >are here and so on, but the one thing we come here for is support for
> >various issues related to parenting, and single parenting, to be more
> >specific. I still consider myself a newbie here, as I have only been
here
> >for a few months at the most. I'm sure we have all said something stupid
> >every now and then (even if we don't really want to admit it) but if
> >everything that someone says comes out plain and simply stupid, ignorant,
> >rude or unnecessary, there's something wrong. No one cares much about
how
> >much you dislike your ex. What, I'm sure, most would care more about is
> >what you have to offer from your experiences as a single parent.
> >
> >I cannot, and will not, tell you what you should or shouldn't do, but if
> >was in your situation, I would go back to trolling the area for a few
days,
> >let everything die down and come back using an alternative email address
and
> >handle and try to start off again on the right foot. Saying something
> >downright uncalled for, then throwing out empty threats or insults is not
> >cool.
>
> Kat, you're wise beyond your years, whatever years they are. :-) I
> think you might have meant 'lurking' rather than 'trolling' in that
> last paragraph, but other than that, you're right on the money.
>
> I'm trying to remember if you're one of the Canadian newbies? I'm
> Canadian, and not sure if you're in my area? (Lower Mainland of the
> west coast).
>
> Anyway. You're shaping up into a great addition to the group, IMO.

Yep, a fellow canuck...right here in good ol' Edmonton. ;) We even did
lunch, hey Kat? lol Is Brandon avoiding ketchup looking substances like the
plague, or has he gotten over the hot tasting red stuff yet? ;)

Christine

Cele
June 27th 03, 05:25 AM
On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 03:31:41 GMT, "CME" >
wrote:

>Yep, a fellow canuck...right here in good ol' Edmonton. ;) We even did
>lunch, hey Kat? lol Is Brandon avoiding ketchup looking substances like the
>plague, or has he gotten over the hot tasting red stuff yet? ;)

ROFL Ouch!

Hey, you guys. My eldest swears she's going to Edmonton next month to
celebrate her eighteenth. I wonder if she'd actually give you guys a
call, if I suggested it?

Who knows?

I just hope she makes it there and back from Whitehorse. Silly girl
says she's doing the driving. I'd carry on about how nuts she is, if I
hadn't myself driven from Toronto to Vancouver in a dying 63 Ford half
ton at the same age. Got right across the country on less than a case
of oil.....23 quarts.....

LOL

Cele

CME
June 27th 03, 05:36 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 03:31:41 GMT, "CME" >
> wrote:
>

> >Yep, a fellow canuck...right here in good ol' Edmonton. ;) We even did
> >lunch, hey Kat? lol Is Brandon avoiding ketchup looking substances like
the
> >plague, or has he gotten over the hot tasting red stuff yet? ;)
>
> ROFL Ouch!
>
> Hey, you guys. My eldest swears she's going to Edmonton next month to
> celebrate her eighteenth. I wonder if she'd actually give you guys a
> call, if I suggested it?

Oh for sure! When is she coming up? We'll show her Whyte Ave, right Kat?
Go ahead and email me at cme_ (at) telus (dot) net and if she's comfortable
enough to give me a ring, I'll show her West Edmonton Mall. lol

Christine

Cele
June 27th 03, 05:44 AM
On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 04:36:23 GMT, "CME" >
wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 03:31:41 GMT, "CME" >
>> wrote:
>>

>> >Yep, a fellow canuck...right here in good ol' Edmonton. ;) We even did
>> >lunch, hey Kat? lol Is Brandon avoiding ketchup looking substances like
>the
>> >plague, or has he gotten over the hot tasting red stuff yet? ;)
>>
>> ROFL Ouch!
>>
>> Hey, you guys. My eldest swears she's going to Edmonton next month to
>> celebrate her eighteenth. I wonder if she'd actually give you guys a
>> call, if I suggested it?
>>

>Oh for sure! When is she coming up? We'll show her Whyte Ave, right Kat?
>Go ahead and email me at cme_ (at) telus (dot) net and if she's comfortable
>enough to give me a ring, I'll show her West Edmonton Mall. lol

Down....from Whitehorse....it's down. LOL Thanks for the offer,
Christine! I'll tell her. Her birthday's not 'til the end of the
month, so some time'll pass yet, but I'll be sure to keep you posted.
:-)

I took her to West Edmonton Mall when she was...um...eleven, I think.
Lots of it wasn't finished yet.

Take care!

Cele

ŠkatŠ
June 27th 03, 05:07 PM
HAHAHA!!
He hasn't really been asking for whatever food to be swimming in ketchup
lately. ;)
He still wants things that I tell him he won't like or isn't good for him.
(For example: An entire container of salt on a few pieces of egg, and an
entire container of chicken seasoning on potatos...)
And... He just got up - what good luck!

"CME" wrote in message ...

> Yep, a fellow canuck...right here in good ol' Edmonton. ;) We even did
> lunch, hey Kat? lol Is Brandon avoiding ketchup looking substances like
the
> plague, or has he gotten over the hot tasting red stuff yet? ;)
>
> Christine

ŠkatŠ
June 27th 03, 05:11 PM
Wow. So it's been a few years if she was about 11 and is now 18! It's
probably twice as big now! LOL
They're now planning on adding more and more again, including seniors'
apartments - WHY???? And a bunch of other stuff... What I don't understand
is why ANYONE - especially seniors - would want to live in that massive
carnival of you name it...

"Cele" wrote in message ...
> I took her to West Edmonton Mall when she was...um...eleven, I think.
> Lots of it wasn't finished yet.
>
> Take care!
>
> Cele

CME
June 28th 03, 03:30 AM
"ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message
> HAHAHA!!
> He hasn't really been asking for whatever food to be swimming in ketchup
> lately. ;)
> He still wants things that I tell him he won't like or isn't good for him.
> (For example: An entire container of salt on a few pieces of egg, and an
> entire container of chicken seasoning on potatos...)
> And... He just got up - what good luck!

Yeah that's when you pull rank and say "NO" and when he gets older and asks
why, you say "Because I said so". Kat, honey, as a parent you know what's
right and what's wrong and you should NOT let a 2 year old dictate what he
can and can not do. You are not doing him any favours by letting him get
his way, because girl, it will start with food and snowball into more
serious behaviour. There are such things as natural consequences, and then
there is a parental obligation to guide our children and it may seem trivial
with hot sauce and salt, but if you don't nip it in the bud now, you'll be
sorry. Trust me on this.

Christine

CME
June 28th 03, 03:33 AM
"ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message
> Yea!! Let's do lunch at Albert's on Whyte! Or not... :( lol
> West Ed is a good thing, I suppose, if you don't live here... If you have
> the option (and have actually used the option) to go there often, you
> realize it's a zoo. Haha

I go maybe once every few months, mostly to visit Playdium... but I could
see if I lived nearby, I'd probably go more often. As it stands, I live
near South Common which is equally a zoo. lol (BTW, have you visited the new
Ikea? Wow, I knew my way around the old one blindfolded, now I need a
frickin' map. lol)

Christine

ŠkatŠ
June 28th 03, 06:38 AM
Hm... I could very well be wrong, but I could have sworn I heard a senior's
apartment complex type deal, and I remember, clearly, wondering why the hell
senior's apartments would be put up right in the mall... Quite strange, but
I really don't care enough to actually care, I suppose.
I have to use the washroom real bad, my back, leg and head are going to soon
be the death of me, and I haven't slept much at all lately.
Senior's apartments would be nice. I would actually go to the mall again -
only not so often ;) - because I could find a nice little old lady or man to
visit, or both, and have her bake me cookies and him tell me stories of
'back in the day' and from the times of war. That would be fun.

"CME" > wrote in message

> "ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message
> > Wow. So it's been a few years if she was about 11 and is now 18! It's
> > probably twice as big now! LOL
> > They're now planning on adding more and more again, including seniors'
> > apartments - WHY???? And a bunch of other stuff... What I don't
> understand
> > is why ANYONE - especially seniors - would want to live in that massive
> > carnival of you name it...
> >

> A senior's complex? I heard an apartment complex (which you couldn't pay
me
> to live in) but hey to each his own.
>
> Christine

ŠkatŠ
June 28th 03, 06:50 AM
HAHAHAH
We actually JUST went to Ikea (and the south side Best Buy) just the other
day. I wanted to go to Ikea, and so we drove all the way down Calgary Trail
to fight over which lane I needed to turn into the parking lot, only to
finally turn and find out that Ikea has moved - DUH. So then Wes all of a
sudden turns smart and 'remembers' that Ikea moved down to South Common.
(Since that accident my brain has been on a honeymoon vacation with my
memory) After hitting Best Buy, we spent a VERY long time trying to figure
out how the **** to get from the BB parking lot to the damn Ikea one.
Finally finding it, and then finding a parking stall almost out of the city,
I found out all the new carts are very similar to a drifting or hydroplaning
car. (I remember my awesome hydroplaning experience when it was slushy only
a few months ago when we were all in the car and heading down 112ave to the
Capilano...)
AFTER getting lost in that new store, I went to some dip**** who supposedly
'worked' there because at home I circled all the items I wanted to pick up
that I had 'use' for. (Remember brain vacation here) I left my flyer at
home and when I asked the dork working, I was told they have no flyers...
I'm not sure why, but a store had NO flyers... I then find out that the one
item I wanted to get many of wasn't on sale until something like the 26th or
something, which was 2 days later, and I wasn't about to pay $20 for an item
on sale for only $5. Angered at my inability to read the small print, I
drove home fueled by rage, bringing it out as road rage - typical for me, or
so I am told.
From actually FINDING the damn place to finding my way around and getting
home - new Ikea was a bad, bad first experience... And I love Ikea.
I did pick up a couple sets of food container things, a rack and some
flowers :D Wes never buys me potted plants at all, even though I always
want some... I have this tree thing that I got from my dead friend's dad -
that I am working hard to keep alive as the stupid cat eats the branches and
leaves, a home made chia head pet that we made - sorta - together and now my
2 new potted plants! Yippee!
Arg. I am angry now...
I still love Ikea, though.

"CME" > wrote in message

> "ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message
> > Yea!! Let's do lunch at Albert's on Whyte! Or not... :( lol
> > West Ed is a good thing, I suppose, if you don't live here... If you
have
> > the option (and have actually used the option) to go there often, you
> > realize it's a zoo. Haha
> >

> I go maybe once every few months, mostly to visit Playdium... but I could
> see if I lived nearby, I'd probably go more often. As it stands, I live
> near South Common which is equally a zoo. lol (BTW, have you visited the
new
> Ikea? Wow, I knew my way around the old one blindfolded, now I need a
> frickin' map. lol)
>
> Christine

ŠkatŠ
June 28th 03, 07:07 AM
Well, actually, I've been having problems again with little things... Going
down for naps, going to bed when it's bed time and so on. He now tries to
pull off the, "eat!" thing as I put him to bed, even after he's had supper
and more often than not, a banana or something offered as a snack that he
often decides would be more fun to play with than eat, and sometimes I do
wonder if he's really hungry. He's been getting worse and worse at meals,
and wants garbage like chips. I have now limited my spending on chips and
cookies, just to be able to say, "there are none!" and not be lying to him.
He's sleeping now, and has been for about 2 hours, but I originally put him
to bed shortly after 7:30ish, and half an hour later, he was up wanting to
eat. I let him finish off his banana that he didn't want to eat before
going to bed, then put him back down.
A while back, I was pulling out all his toys from his room. He wasn't
allowed to have ANY toys in his room when it was nap/bed time because he
would just get up, turn the light on by standing on whatever toy was big
enough, and he'd just play. So for a while, all of his toys were in the toy
boxes and other containers in the middle of the hallway right out of our
rooms. He got into the habit of going right to bed shortly after, and I got
tired of tripping over toy boxes, so put the toys back in his room. Only
recently he started that up again. I'd hear him playing and go in and put
him to bed over and over again. His toys are still in his room now, but I
have unscrewed the light bulbs in his room enough so they don't turn on. I
have no idea how dangerous that is, or if it is at all, but I figure it
can't be dangerous if he can't reach it... He now does go to bed,
eventually, but does not turn the light on and play at least.
I've also gotten into the habit of letting him pick out the book(s) he wants
to read before bed, and when I tuck him into bed, I ask him what he wants to
do the next day. Obviously I don't get any sort of real answers, often I
hear, "eat" or "walk" or "mall" or something similar, so if he suggests
something, then I promise on it. If he says something that makes no sense,
I make a promise that I can come up with. Most of the time I promise that
if he goes straight to sleep, we will call grandma the next day, or if I
think it's at all possible, I'll promise we'll actually go to grandma and
grandpa's the next day. Seems to be working most of the time... But not
tonight.
I find that reverse psychology is bad. (Teaches him to do the opposite) and
promises made and kept seem to work fine. I often can't get out of promises
I made because he does remember them the next day, even at 2 and a half.
I'm wondering if this is a good way to go about it or a bad way. I think
it's good because I'm making him a promise. I think it's teaching him that
if I promise him something, he can be assured that I will keep that promise
and that he can trust me. I'm also hoping for later days when it can go
both ways, be it a promise to let me know where he's going, when he'll be
home, or something like calling if he's out and not going to make it home
when he's supposed to be. I'm hoping by promising something and keeping
that promise, he can learn that your word should mean something, and a
promise is your word. I may be crazy, and I'm sure not all will agree, but
I'm hoping this is the right thing... In a way, I feel like I'm fooling him
with something that is almost like a bribe, but in another way, I don't
really feel that I am doing that. It's not like I'm saying, "I'll give you
a cookie if you go right to bed!!" It's more like, "I want you to go
straight to bed. If you go to bed nicely, in the morning, we will ______,
but if you don't go to bed and you keep getting up, we will just stay
home." - I feel like I'm making him a deal that is a win-win situation for
us both.

Am I going crazy? It seems to be a good way to get him to do the things I
believe are right, while giving him the opportunity, in a way, to make his
own decisions, even though I don't believe he really is old enough to see
that.

"CME" > wrote in message

> "ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message
> > HAHAHA!!
> > He hasn't really been asking for whatever food to be swimming in ketchup
> > lately. ;)
> > He still wants things that I tell him he won't like or isn't good for
him.
> > (For example: An entire container of salt on a few pieces of egg, and an
> > entire container of chicken seasoning on potatos...)
> > And... He just got up - what good luck!
> >

> Yeah that's when you pull rank and say "NO" and when he gets older and
asks
> why, you say "Because I said so". Kat, honey, as a parent you know what's
> right and what's wrong and you should NOT let a 2 year old dictate what he
> can and can not do. You are not doing him any favours by letting him get
> his way, because girl, it will start with food and snowball into more
> serious behaviour. There are such things as natural consequences, and
then
> there is a parental obligation to guide our children and it may seem
trivial
> with hot sauce and salt, but if you don't nip it in the bud now, you'll be
> sorry. Trust me on this.
>

> Christine

June 28th 03, 11:45 AM
I think your desire to teach your son you keep your promises is a good
thing. However, I feel bedtime is a must do. As is wearing clothing, be it
simply underpants or a diaper at 2 years old. It's not debatable, it's not
something you reward. Bedtime routines help. Warm bath, cuddles, reading
of a book. Talking about the next day, may or may not be a good idea. With
my son, talking about the next day just made him more alert and wound up.
The better way, in my opinion, is the morning after he went to bed nicely,
without problems, tell him how proud you were of his behavior. But
remember, at 2 years old they are finding their "sea legs" as it were. They
are testing out boundaries. They don't want promises, they need to know how
far they can go. THAT is how you will teach him he can trust you. By
saying NO and meaning it.

Just my 2 cents
Betsy
--
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with
ketchup.

In ,
ŠkatŠ > typed:
> [...]
>>> ketchup lately. ;)
>>> He still wants things that I tell him he won't like or isn't good
>>> for him. (For example: An entire container of salt on a few pieces
>>> of egg, and an entire container of chicken seasoning on potatos...)
>>> And... He just got up - what good luck!
>>>

>> Yeah that's when you pull rank and say "NO" and when he gets older
>> and asks why, you say "Because I said so". Kat, honey, as a parent
>> you know what's right and what's wrong and you should NOT let a 2
>> year old dictate what he can and can not do. You are not doing him
>> any favours by letting him get his way, because girl, it will start
>> with food and snowball into more serious behaviour. There are such
>> things as natural consequences, and then there is a parental
>> obligation to guide our children and it may seem trivial with hot
>> sauce and salt, but if you don't nip it in the bud now, you'll be

Lisa aka Surfer
June 28th 03, 04:21 PM
"CME" > wrote in message

> "Cele" > wrote in message
> > On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 03:31:41 GMT, "CME" >
> > wrote:
> >

> > >Yep, a fellow canuck...right here in good ol' Edmonton. ;) We even did
> > >lunch, hey Kat? lol Is Brandon avoiding ketchup looking substances
like
> the
> > >plague, or has he gotten over the hot tasting red stuff yet? ;)
> >
> > ROFL Ouch!
> >
> > Hey, you guys. My eldest swears she's going to Edmonton next month to
> > celebrate her eighteenth. I wonder if she'd actually give you guys a
> > call, if I suggested it?
> >

> Oh for sure! When is she coming up? We'll show her Whyte Ave, right Kat?
> Go ahead and email me at cme_ (at) telus (dot) net and if she's
comfortable
> enough to give me a ring, I'll show her West Edmonton Mall. lol
>
> Christine

Whyte Ave???? LOL,,,,,straight for the party part of town. I'd worry if I
were you Cele :)

Naughty girls. I had a blast there when I was in town.

Surf

Laura
June 28th 03, 09:45 PM
> wrote in message >...
> I think your desire to teach your son you keep your promises is a good
> thing. However, I feel bedtime is a must do. As is wearing clothing, be it
> simply underpants or a diaper at 2 years old. It's not debatable, it's not
> something you reward. Bedtime routines help. Warm bath, cuddles, reading
> of a book. Talking about the next day, may or may not be a good idea. With
> my son, talking about the next day just made him more alert and wound up.
> The better way, in my opinion, is the morning after he went to bed nicely,
> without problems, tell him how proud you were of his behavior. But
> remember, at 2 years old they are finding their "sea legs" as it were. They
> are testing out boundaries. They don't want promises, they need to know how
> far they can go. THAT is how you will teach him he can trust you. By
> saying NO and meaning it.
>
> Just my 2 cents
> Betsy
> --
> Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with
> ketchup.

I agree with everything Betsy says here, and would add that routines
such as the bedtime one she describes take several weeks to become
routines, so if you try it, you can probably expect some resistance at
first. But it's well worth it. After a while the routine itself
becomes the comforting thing for the child. My boys are 7 and 9 and
the bedtime routine is pretty much the same as it ever was, only a
little later in the evening and with better bedtime stories :-) Good
luck.

lm

CME
June 29th 03, 07:00 PM
"ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message
> Hm... I could very well be wrong, but I could have sworn I heard a
senior's
> apartment complex type deal, and I remember, clearly, wondering why the
hell
> senior's apartments would be put up right in the mall... Quite strange,
but
> I really don't care enough to actually care, I suppose.
> I have to use the washroom real bad, my back, leg and head are going to
soon
> be the death of me, and I haven't slept much at all lately.
> Senior's apartments would be nice. I would actually go to the mall
again -
> only not so often ;) - because I could find a nice little old lady or man
> visit, or both, and have her bake me cookies and him tell me stories of
> 'back in the day' and from the times of war. That would be fun.

Haven't slept much? What happened to you?

Signed,

Nosey Parker.

CME
June 29th 03, 07:03 PM
"ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message
> HAHAHAH
> We actually JUST went to Ikea (and the south side Best Buy) just the other
> day. I wanted to go to Ikea, and so we drove all the way down Calgary
Trail
> to fight over which lane I needed to turn into the parking lot, only to
> finally turn and find out that Ikea has moved - DUH. So then Wes all of a
> sudden turns smart and 'remembers' that Ikea moved down to South Common.
> (Since that accident my brain has been on a honeymoon vacation with my
> memory) After hitting Best Buy, we spent a VERY long time trying to
figure
> out how the **** to get from the BB parking lot to the damn Ikea one.
> Finally finding it, and then finding a parking stall almost out of the
city,
> I found out all the new carts are very similar to a drifting or
hydroplaning
> car. (I remember my awesome hydroplaning experience when it was slushy
only
> a few months ago when we were all in the car and heading down 112ave to
the
> Capilano...)
> AFTER getting lost in that new store, I went to some dip**** who
supposedly
> 'worked' there because at home I circled all the items I wanted to pick up
> that I had 'use' for. (Remember brain vacation here) I left my flyer at
> home and when I asked the dork working, I was told they have no flyers...
> I'm not sure why, but a store had NO flyers... I then find out that the
one
> item I wanted to get many of wasn't on sale until something like the 26th
or
> something, which was 2 days later, and I wasn't about to pay $20 for an
item
> on sale for only $5. Angered at my inability to read the small print, I
> drove home fueled by rage, bringing it out as road rage - typical for me,
or
> so I am told.
> From actually FINDING the damn place to finding my way around and getting
> home - new Ikea was a bad, bad first experience... And I love Ikea.
> I did pick up a couple sets of food container things, a rack and some
> flowers :D Wes never buys me potted plants at all, even though I always
> want some... I have this tree thing that I got from my dead friend's dad -
> that I am working hard to keep alive as the stupid cat eats the branches
and
> leaves, a home made chia head pet that we made - sorta - together and now
my
> 2 new potted plants! Yippee!
> Arg. I am angry now...
> I still love Ikea, though.

You know I recommend therapy. lmao Wow, talk about a bad day...

Christine

CME
June 29th 03, 07:09 PM
"ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message
> [...]
but
> I'm hoping this is the right thing... In a way, I feel like I'm fooling
him
> with something that is almost like a bribe, but in another way, I don't
> really feel that I am doing that. It's not like I'm saying, "I'll give
you
> a cookie if you go right to bed!!" It's more like, "I want you to go
> straight to bed. If you go to bed nicely, in the morning, we will ______,
> but if you don't go to bed and you keep getting up, we will just stay
> home." - I feel like I'm making him a deal that is a win-win situation for
> us both.
>
> Am I going crazy? It seems to be a good way to get him to do the things I
> believe are right, while giving him the opportunity, in a way, to make his
> own decisions, even though I don't believe he really is old enough to see

I think teaching him about keeping your word is admirable, especially at 2.
If it works for you Kat, who am I to argue? My kids have learned the hard
way, that I say what I mean, and mean what I say... it nips problems in the
bud (well so far so good. lol). Anyways, I think you're doing a great job.
Hell, I'm sure there are parents out there that don't even think about the
things you do, so you are ahead of the game.

Christine

ŠkatŠ
June 29th 03, 07:35 PM
Dear NP,

I have, really, no idea what I have been doing lately. For the last little
while, maybe the past 3 pr 4 months, my brain has been gone. I just can't
seem to concentrate on anything. I forget everything so easily. I can be
told or asked something, then half an hour later, I totally forget. I write
things down, but then I come across papers with notes written on them, and
although they are all in my writing, I have no idea what they mean, and
often don't remember when or why they were written. It's like I'm slowing
going retarded or brain dead.
I just can't seem to sleep at night. It's either way too hot or way too
cold. When it's way too cold, I climb under all my blankets, when it's way
too hot, I turn the fan on and sleep on top of the blankets. But when I get
one extreme, I always wake shortly feeling the opposite extreme. This new
bed I have, I thought, was great. It had a mattress 300x better than my
last bed, so I was looking forward to a good night's rest and not waking up
stiff as a board. Ha. Stupid to think that. I still wake up just as
rattled in the morning.
Almost every time I stand up, I get that tunnel effect that I get with bee
stings, and I feel like I'm starting to black out. Only twice have I
actually blacked out completely and just dropped. Once at the lake a few
years back, even before this little accident, and fell in the cabin against
the stove - yet I don't remember smacking my head/face right on the stove
and banging my head nicely on the floor - and once since Sept when I found
myself on the floor with a very sore arm and hip. It's all so very strange.
If my head isn't spinning, my eyes are twitching and blurry. Wes tells me
my eyes are constantly going crossed when I read, watch TV, read something
on the computer - or anything that involves seeing and focusing.
Major headaches and migraines still visit me and drive me insane. I'm not
sure what to do as I do not like doctors. I still cannot afford the therapy
I was told to get by the long time doctor who was also the pediatrician for
my brothers and I. I'm also damn scared of calling that other lady's
insurance company guy. I'm trying to avoid him, and I'm getting pulled from
both sides by family and friends about all of this. I'm also scared that
something will happen - again - with our insurance if I do anything, and we
JUST got everything straightened out.
They were cancelling us after only 2 years and sending us to Kingsway which
insures dangerous drivers. They said it was because of my accident that I
wasn't at fault for, and where the other insurance even told them to waive
our deductable. The other lady was charged and there was no claim at all by
us. After bringing in driving records and finding we both had absolutely
clean driving records, they decided to keep us, renew the insurance a week
or so ago, and drop the cost down a few hundred for each 3 month payment.
In October Wes turns 25, so we were told insurance would drop drastically if
there are no accidents or claims or anything. So I'm not sure if I should
get a hold of the other insurance compay of the lady who was at fault for
the accident or not. I'm just somewhat scared to do anything right now, but
it's getting harder and harder to get through the day. I know things could
be worse, of course, and I should consider myself lucky, but in ways I do
not.

****, I ramble and get off topic so easily... Sorry about that...

Signed,
Moron at Times.

"CME" > wrote in message

> "ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message
> > Hm... I could very well be wrong, but I could have sworn I heard a
> senior's
> > apartment complex type deal, and I remember, clearly, wondering why the
> hell
> > senior's apartments would be put up right in the mall... Quite strange,
> but
> > I really don't care enough to actually care, I suppose.
> > I have to use the washroom real bad, my back, leg and head are going to
> soon
> > be the death of me, and I haven't slept much at all lately.
> > Senior's apartments would be nice. I would actually go to the mall
> again -
> > only not so often ;) - because I could find a nice little old lady or
man
> > visit, or both, and have her bake me cookies and him tell me stories of
> > 'back in the day' and from the times of war. That would be fun.
>
> Haven't slept much? What happened to you?
>
> Signed,
>
> Nosey Parker.

CME
June 29th 03, 07:45 PM
"ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message
> [...]
by
> us. After bringing in driving records and finding we both had absolutely
> clean driving records, they decided to keep us, renew the insurance a week
> or so ago, and drop the cost down a few hundred for each 3 month payment.
> In October Wes turns 25, so we were told insurance would drop drastically
if
> there are no accidents or claims or anything. So I'm not sure if I should
> get a hold of the other insurance compay of the lady who was at fault for
> the accident or not. I'm just somewhat scared to do anything right now,
but
> it's getting harder and harder to get through the day. I know things
could
> be worse, of course, and I should consider myself lucky, but in ways I do

Dear M@T

Go and see a Doctor!!! Period. (and not a bloody Mediclinic Dr.)

Christine

June 29th 03, 11:26 PM
Don't mean to butt in, but as a nurse I must respond. GET TO A DOCTOR!!!
Preferably a neurologist. It could be from the accident, or something else.
You won't know until you go. PLEASE go.

Betsy
--
> [...]

>> "ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message
>>> Hm... I could very well be wrong, but I could have sworn I heard a
>>> senior's apartment complex type deal, and I remember, clearly,
>>> wondering why the hell senior's apartments would be put up right in
>>> the mall... Quite strange, but I really don't care enough to
>>> actually care, I suppose.
>>> I have to use the washroom real bad, my back, leg and head are
>>> going to soon be the death of me, and I haven't slept much at all
>>> lately.
>>> Senior's apartments would be nice. I would actually go to the mall
>>> again - only not so often ;) - because I could find a nice little
>>> old lady or man to visit, or both, and have her bake me cookies and
>>> him tell me stories of 'back in the day' and from the times of war.
>>> That would be fun.
>>
>> Haven't slept much? What happened to you?

ŠkatŠ
June 30th 03, 12:47 AM
I know. But right now, I cannot afford therapy or constant doctor's visits.
Yes, doctors are free here, and I know I have this kind of coverage and the
other insurance company has already informed me in the past that they will
pay for any and all therapy, but they are very hesitant to get back to me
and let me know if they will cover for the child care required for therapy.
I cannot afford to just pay a babysitter once a week, or whatever it may be,
nor can I afford to pay for daycare when I'm not working or in school.
Daycare subsidy hasn't been very helpful. They've already told me that they
will not give me subsidized child care until I work or go back to school -
no matter what.
My parents are very, very helpful, and my mom, at first, said she could
babysit once a week for me to go out, which I usually tried to use about 2
times a month, but both my parents work, neither of my younger brothers (17
and 14) will change diapers or help out with potty training by spending time
sitting in the washroom for 10 minutes every half an hour, and my dad is the
same, so that all makes things somewhat tough. When parents aren't working,
it seems that then they have soccer, hockey or football almost every
evening.
My boyfriend, who has loved Brandon since the second he was born, and has
treated him better than I believe he could treat his own child (if he had
any) works really crappy hours now... He's gone to work from 2:30 in the
afternoon until 11:30 at night.
I'm past frustration, and I'm moving onto the, "I just don't give a ****"
stage of this.

> wrote in message
. com...
> [...]
> > records and finding we both had absolutely clean driving records,
> > they decided to keep us, renew the insurance a week or so ago, and
> > drop the cost down a few hundred for each 3 month payment. In October
> > Wes turns 25, so we were told insurance would drop drastically if
> > there are no accidents or claims or anything. So I'm not sure if I
> > should get a hold of the other insurance compay of the lady who was
> > at fault for the accident or not. I'm just somewhat scared to do
> > anything right now, but it's getting harder and harder to get through
> > the day. I know things could be worse, of course, and I should
> > consider myself lucky, but in ways I do not.
> >
> > ****, I ramble and get off topic so easily... Sorry about that...
> >
> > Signed,
> > Moron at Times.

> >> Haven't slept much? What happened to you?

June 30th 03, 01:11 AM
In ,
ŠkatŠ > typed:
> I know. But right now, I cannot afford therapy or constant doctor's
> visits. Yes, doctors are free here, and I know I have this kind of
> coverage and the other insurance company has already informed me in
> the past that they will pay for any and all therapy, but they are
> very hesitant to get back to me and let me know if they will cover
> for the child care required for therapy. I cannot afford to just pay
> a babysitter once a week, or whatever it may be, nor can I afford to
> pay for daycare when I'm not working or in school. Daycare subsidy
> hasn't been very helpful. They've already told me that they will not
> give me subsidized child care until I work or go back to school - no
> matter what.
> My parents are very, very helpful, and my mom, at first, said she
> could babysit once a week for me to go out, which I usually tried to
> use about 2 times a month, but both my parents work, neither of my
> younger brothers (17 and 14) will change diapers or help out with
> potty training by spending time sitting in the washroom for 10
> minutes every half an hour, and my dad is the same, so that all makes
> things somewhat tough. When parents aren't working, it seems that
> then they have soccer, hockey or football almost every evening.
> My boyfriend, who has loved Brandon since the second he was born, and
> has treated him better than I believe he could treat his own child
> (if he had any) works really crappy hours now... He's gone to work
> from 2:30 in the afternoon until 11:30 at night.
> I'm past frustration, and I'm moving onto the, "I just don't give a
> ****" stage of this.

OK, I understand. I truly do. But being in the "I just don't give a ****"
stage does not help your children. Therapy is one thing, explaining the
situation may help. Therapy can be scheduled in the mornings, and is
usually an hour long at most. Two or three times a week is the usual.
However, aside from that, there may be something more serious going on, that
therapy can not help at this time, maybe it could have helped before, I
don't know. The dizziness, blurred vision, crossing of the eyes, and
blackouts all sound like something severely neurological. The not sleeping
and memory loss could stem from depression, which would be understandable
given your current situation. I hope you try to put you first, and explain
to the family why you need their assistance. It also may help your brothers
to know that their spouses will expect their assistance in child rearing in
the future, and women like a man who isn't afraid of diapers. LOL
Good Luck to you

Betsy
--
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with
ketchup.

turtledove
June 30th 03, 04:32 AM
"ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message
> [...]
by
> us. After bringing in driving records and finding we both had absolutely
> clean driving records, they decided to keep us, renew the insurance a week
> or so ago, and drop the cost down a few hundred for each 3 month payment.
> In October Wes turns 25, so we were told insurance would drop drastically
if
> there are no accidents or claims or anything. So I'm not sure if I should
> get a hold of the other insurance compay of the lady who was at fault for
> the accident or not. I'm just somewhat scared to do anything right now,
but
> it's getting harder and harder to get through the day. I know things
could
> be worse, of course, and I should consider myself lucky, but in ways I do

don't walk, but RUN to the nearest Neurologist. Get one that specializes in
Traumatic Brain INjuries....and you do have to ask and be specific. Don't
let a General Practitioner tell you that you are fine. This is serious. And
many doctors aren't aware of brain injuries (yeah, it's true as SAD as that
is) and so it is important to find one who does. And there are such things
as neuro-ophthamoligsts and neuro-optomotrists that can help with your
vision problems.

I have a mild traumatic Brain Injury that I got from my car accident last
year. Many of your symptoms are very familiar to me. Especially the vision
problems. I have had double vision since the accident and my left eye tends
to wander at times.

links to check out

http://www.tbiguide.com/
http://www.biausa.org/Pages/home.html
http://www.braininjury.com/symptoms.html GO HERE FIRST.......
http://coastline.cccd.edu/~spcprgms/blinks.htm

please feel free to write brianne at alpha66 dot com if you have any
questions or want to talk..

*brianne (motor vehicle accident/traumatic brain injury survivor 5/22/02)

CME
June 30th 03, 04:46 AM
"ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message
> I know. But right now, I cannot afford therapy or constant doctor's
visits.
> Yes, doctors are free here, and I know I have this kind of coverage and
the
> other insurance company has already informed me in the past that they will
> pay for any and all therapy, but they are very hesitant to get back to me
> and let me know if they will cover for the child care required for
therapy.
> I cannot afford to just pay a babysitter once a week, or whatever it may
be,
> nor can I afford to pay for daycare when I'm not working or in school.
> Daycare subsidy hasn't been very helpful. They've already told me that
they
> will not give me subsidized child care until I work or go back to school -
> no matter what.
> My parents are very, very helpful, and my mom, at first, said she could
> babysit once a week for me to go out, which I usually tried to use about 2
> times a month, but both my parents work, neither of my younger brothers
(17
> and 14) will change diapers or help out with potty training by spending
time
> sitting in the washroom for 10 minutes every half an hour, and my dad is
the
> same, so that all makes things somewhat tough. When parents aren't
working,
> it seems that then they have soccer, hockey or football almost every
> evening.
> My boyfriend, who has loved Brandon since the second he was born, and has
> treated him better than I believe he could treat his own child (if he had
> any) works really crappy hours now... He's gone to work from 2:30 in the
> afternoon until 11:30 at night.
> I'm past frustration, and I'm moving onto the, "I just don't give a ****"
> stage of this.

I don't mean to be harsh, but if you don't see a doctor you're putting your
son (and yourself) in danger... what if one of the times you black out,
you're cooking dinner... you see where this is going, right? See a bloody
doctor, get the therapy and work the appointments around your son. Have you
talked to Welfare about covering the babysitting? It's a necessary expense,
so get on it.

Christine

CME
June 30th 03, 04:51 AM
"turtledove" > wrote in message
. com...
> The not sleeping is also a sign of a head injury. So is memory loss. So
is
> depression. All of which I experience on an almost daily basis.
>
> Eegads I may be just hyper sensitive to this due to my own situation, but
> can't stress enough GO TO A NEUROLOGIST!!!!
>
> *b (someone just scream at me if I'm jumping the gun here)

I'm not sure she knows how serious this is. If it was a problem with her
son, I'm convinced she wouldn't let it get this bad, but because it's her...
well you see my point. Kat, get your **** together... if you need a lift or
any help (ie: babysitting occasionally) call me.

Christine

June 30th 03, 10:44 AM
In . com,
turtledove > typed:
> The not sleeping is also a sign of a head injury. So is memory loss.
> So is depression. All of which I experience on an almost daily basis.
>
> Eegads I may be just hyper sensitive to this due to my own situation,
> but I can't stress enough GO TO A NEUROLOGIST!!!!
>
> *b (someone just scream at me if I'm jumping the gun here)

I don't think you are jumping the gun. I believe I told her to go to the
neurologist as well. Our health is just as important as our children's; for
who will care for them if we can not?

Just my thoughts.

Betsy
--
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with
ketchup.

Dennis Here
July 1st 03, 06:55 PM
ŠkatŠ wrote in message ...
>Dear NP,
>
>I have, really, no idea what I have been doing lately

snipped

You are either an attention seeker or in serious need of a visit to a
doctor.

Dennis

turtledove
July 1st 03, 07:12 PM
"Dennis Here" oureply>
wrote in message ...

> ŠkatŠ wrote in message ...
> >Dear NP,
> >
> >I have, really, no idea what I have been doing lately
>
> snipped
>
> You are either an attention seeker or in serious need of a visit to a
> doctor.
>
> Dennis

Exactly!
I'm so friggin worried about her condition that I've been checking here
several times a day to see if she ever responded to some of my posts.

Brain injury isn't something to mess around with. It takes a great deal of
time to heal, and if it isn't diagnosed properly you can really hurt
yourself.

AARRGGGG!!

*areallyworriedbee

ŠkatŠ
July 1st 03, 10:46 PM
Yes, I talked to my grandma yesterday. She's babysitting tomorrow because I
have this job interview in the morning, then an appointment at the bank, so
I'm going to sneak into the doc. I've recently got a family doctor for us,
and there's always walk ins, it seems, but this guy seems to do me no help.
Sure, he's a doctor and all, and I have no doubt good and qualified and all
that, but last time I was in to see him, he told me to not take Tylenol 3's
and to take Motrin. He took a look at my leg/hip, which was bruised from my
hip bone to half way down my thigh (in the shape of the emergency brake and
about the same place the brake is, and just told me to take it easy on my
leg until it heals. Now it's healed, but it sure doesn't feel healed. This
doctor doesn't seem to be of any help.
I then went to see my old family doctor, the one who was our pediatrician as
babies and kids, and he told me I was out of shape and to get into therapy,
as well as take up something like swimming, aerobics or yoga. He said it
would get me in shape and help my body heal faster and better. As I am
still waiting to hear from the other insurance company, and have had some
problems with our own that we just got straightened out, I have yet to hear
back from the other guy, and I made a note to call them tomorrow.
(Nothing's open today due to Canada Day) So I hope to be able to get some
stuff and take advantage of my grandma babysitting for a few hours tomorrow.
Oh yea, first useless family doctor also said I might not be sleeping well
and waking up stiff and sore because of my mattress, and to see about
investing in a new one. Price shopping around, I came up with figures of
around $1000 for what the sales guys said was decent (not top of the line,
but not bottom, but closer to bottom than top) and the prices go all the way
up to over 2 grand. Money I would never ever be able to save up if my life
depended on it.

"turtledove" > wrote in message
. com...

> "Dennis Here" oureply>
> wrote in message ...
> >
> > ŠkatŠ wrote in message ...
> > >Dear NP,
> > >
> > >I have, really, no idea what I have been doing lately
> >
> > snipped
> >
> > You are either an attention seeker or in serious need of a visit to a
> > doctor.
> >
> > Dennis
> >
> Exactly!
> I'm so friggin worried about her condition that I've been checking here
> several times a day to see if she ever responded to some of my posts.
>
> Brain injury isn't something to mess around with. It takes a great deal
of
> time to heal, and if it isn't diagnosed properly you can really hurt
> yourself.
>
> AARRGGGG!!
>
> *areallyworriedbee

CME
July 2nd 03, 06:04 PM
"ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message
> Yes, I talked to my grandma yesterday. She's babysitting tomorrow because
> have this job interview in the morning, then an appointment at the bank,
so
> I'm going to sneak into the doc. I've recently got a family doctor for
us,
> and there's always walk ins, it seems, but this guy seems to do me no
help.
> Sure, he's a doctor and all, and I have no doubt good and qualified and
all
> that, but last time I was in to see him, he told me to not take Tylenol
3's
> and to take Motrin. He took a look at my leg/hip, which was bruised from
my
> hip bone to half way down my thigh (in the shape of the emergency brake
and
> about the same place the brake is, and just told me to take it easy on my
> leg until it heals. Now it's healed, but it sure doesn't feel healed.
This
> doctor doesn't seem to be of any help.
> I then went to see my old family doctor, the one who was our pediatrician
as
> babies and kids, and he told me I was out of shape and to get into
therapy,
> as well as take up something like swimming, aerobics or yoga. He said it
> would get me in shape and help my body heal faster and better. As I am
> still waiting to hear from the other insurance company, and have had some
> problems with our own that we just got straightened out, I have yet to
hear
> back from the other guy, and I made a note to call them tomorrow.
> (Nothing's open today due to Canada Day) So I hope to be able to get some
> stuff and take advantage of my grandma babysitting for a few hours
tomorrow.
> Oh yea, first useless family doctor also said I might not be sleeping well
> and waking up stiff and sore because of my mattress, and to see about
> investing in a new one. Price shopping around, I came up with figures of
> around $1000 for what the sales guys said was decent (not top of the line,
> but not bottom, but closer to bottom than top) and the prices go all the
way
> up to over 2 grand. Money I would never ever be able to save up if my
life
> depended on it.

Where the hell were you shopping, The Holt Renfrew of mattresses??? Go to
Sleep Country or someplace where you can get a mattress and boxspring for
under $500. Yeesh.

Christine

ŠkatŠ
July 2nd 03, 07:08 PM
King size.

Queen size and double and so on are all decently priced. Jump up to king
and you're selling your soul for a new mattress. I also almost paid $80 for
a set of sheets (looked at Zellers, Walmart and Winners) until we found
really good priced sheets ($35, I believe, for king, queen, double, single)
and my mom bought me 2 sets.
I have been looking at The Brick and that Mattress Mattress (The Mattress
Store?) and for a decent mattress, or what the sales guy tells me is
somewhat decent, it's running around a grand. I haven't checked out Sleep
Country, but I definitely will.

"CME" > wrote in message

> [...]
> tomorrow.
> > Oh yea, first useless family doctor also said I might not be sleeping
well
> > and waking up stiff and sore because of my mattress, and to see about
> > investing in a new one. Price shopping around, I came up with figures
of
> > around $1000 for what the sales guys said was decent (not top of the
line,
> > but not bottom, but closer to bottom than top) and the prices go all the
> way
> > up to over 2 grand. Money I would never ever be able to save up if my
> life
> > depended on it.
> >

> Where the hell were you shopping, The Holt Renfrew of mattresses??? Go to
> Sleep Country or someplace where you can get a mattress and boxspring for

Tiffany
July 2nd 03, 08:22 PM
My god... why do you need such a large bed? You must be having lots of fun
in that bed. :)

ŠkatŠ > wrote in message
> [...]
> > tomorrow.
> > > Oh yea, first useless family doctor also said I might not be sleeping
> well
> > > and waking up stiff and sore because of my mattress, and to see about
> > > investing in a new one. Price shopping around, I came up with figures
> of
> > > around $1000 for what the sales guys said was decent (not top of the
> line,
> > > but not bottom, but closer to bottom than top) and the prices go all
the
> > way
> > > up to over 2 grand. Money I would never ever be able to save up if my
> > life
> > > depended on it.
> > >

> > Where the hell were you shopping, The Holt Renfrew of mattresses??? Go
> > Sleep Country or someplace where you can get a mattress and boxspring

ŠkatŠ
July 2nd 03, 11:11 PM
LOL I don't *need* such a large bed... I got it for free from the dad of a
good friend when my friend well, "died" and this bed is 100x better than the
old bunk bed that I was using. The bunk bed I was using that I got when I
was probably 12 had a futon on the bottom, resulting in very, VERY
uncomfortable sleep, and although my 'new' bed is 100x better, it speaks
volumes for my almost-deacade-old bunk bed. This new bed was free, it was
something I wanted soooo badly since I saw it in his room almost a year ago.
It's really nice, but the mattress is something that could be replaced,
although it's not so bad.

"Tiffany" > wrote in message
> My god... why do you need such a large bed? You must be having lots of fun
> in that bed. :)

> ŠkatŠ > wrote in message
> > King size.
> >
> > Queen size and double and so on are all decently priced. Jump up to
king
> > and you're selling your soul for a new mattress. I also almost paid $80
> for
> > a set of sheets (looked at Zellers, Walmart and Winners) until we found
> > really good priced sheets ($35, I believe, for king, queen, double,
> single)
> > and my mom bought me 2 sets.
> > I have been looking at The Brick and that Mattress Mattress (The
Mattress
> > Store?) and for a decent mattress, or what the sales guy tells me is
> > somewhat decent, it's running around a grand. I haven't checked out
Sleep
> > Country, but I definitely will.

> > because
> bank,
> > > so
> for
> > > us,
> > > help.
> and
> > > all
> Tylenol
> > > 3's
> > from
> > > my
> brake
> > > and
> > my
> > > This
> > pediatrician
> > > as
> > > therapy,
> > it
> am
> > some
> > > hear
> > some
> > > tomorrow.
> > well
> > of
> > line,
> the
> > > way
> > > life
> > > >

> > > Where the hell were you shopping, The Holt Renfrew of mattresses???
Go
> > > Sleep Country or someplace where you can get a mattress and boxspring
> for
> > > under $500. Yeesh.
> > >
> > > Christine

CME
July 3rd 03, 03:35 AM
"ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message
> King size.
>
> Queen size and double and so on are all decently priced. Jump up to king
> and you're selling your soul for a new mattress. I also almost paid $80
for
> a set of sheets (looked at Zellers, Walmart and Winners) until we found
> really good priced sheets ($35, I believe, for king, queen, double,
single)
> and my mom bought me 2 sets.
> I have been looking at The Brick and that Mattress Mattress (The Mattress
> Store?) and for a decent mattress, or what the sales guy tells me is
> somewhat decent, it's running around a grand. I haven't checked out Sleep
> Country, but I definitely will.

Wait until there's a sale, because a hundred times on The Bear, you hear a
bloody commercial about mattresses and from what I've heard, King sizes can
be affordable, just shop around and watch out for commission sales.

Christine

Cele
July 6th 03, 06:31 AM
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 03:35:32 GMT, "turtledove" >
wrote:

>The not sleeping is also a sign of a head injury. So is memory loss. So is
>depression. All of which I experience on an almost daily basis.
>
>Eegads I may be just hyper sensitive to this due to my own situation, but I
>can't stress enough GO TO A NEUROLOGIST!!!!
>
>*b (someone just scream at me if I'm jumping the gun here)

It was the first thing I thought when I read what Kat wrote.

Cele

Cele
July 6th 03, 06:41 AM
On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:21:54 -0400, "Lisa aka Surfer"
> wrote:

>"CME" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Cele" > wrote in message

>like
>> the
>> >
>> > ROFL Ouch!
>> >
>> > Hey, you guys. My eldest swears she's going to Edmonton next month to
>> > celebrate her eighteenth. I wonder if she'd actually give you guys a
>> > call, if I suggested it?
>> >

>> Oh for sure! When is she coming up? We'll show her Whyte Ave, right Kat?
>> Go ahead and email me at cme_ (at) telus (dot) net and if she's
>comfortable
>> enough to give me a ring, I'll show her West Edmonton Mall. lol
>>
>> Christine
>>

>Whyte Ave???? LOL,,,,,straight for the party part of town. I'd worry if I
>were you Cele :)
>
>Naughty girls. I had a blast there when I was in town.

Heh. Thanks for the heads up, Lisa! :-)

Turns out, she's too broke to go. She's just gonna have to wait until
she's legal here, or in the Yukon, or wherever.

Bummer for her, huh?

Cele

ŠkatŠ
July 6th 03, 10:06 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 21:46:34 GMT, "ŠkatŠ" >
> wrote:
>
> >I then went to see my old family doctor, the one who was our pediatrician
as
> >babies and kids, and he told me I was out of shape and to get into
therapy,
> >as well as take up something like swimming, aerobics or yoga. He said it
> >would get me in shape and help my body heal faster and better.
>
> Did either doctor perform a basic neurological examination? For
> example, did they shine a light into your eyes, have you close your
> eyes and touch your nose with each forefinger? Did they test your
> reflexes by hitting your arms and legs with a little rubber mallet
> near the elbows and knees? Did they have you do a few other activities
> along those lines?
>
> Cele

Alright... I stand corrected... No doctor has really checked me out, if you
put it that way. Something like that, I assume, would require more than
just a simple call to the doctor to make an appointment...

July 6th 03, 11:26 AM
In ,
ŠkatŠ > typed:
> "Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 21:46:34 GMT, "ŠkatŠ" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I then went to see my old family doctor, the one who was our
>>> pediatrician as babies and kids, and he told me I was out of shape
>>> and to get into therapy, as well as take up something like
>>> swimming, aerobics or yoga. He said it would get me in shape and
>>> help my body heal faster and better.
>>
>> Did either doctor perform a basic neurological examination? For
>> example, did they shine a light into your eyes, have you close your
>> eyes and touch your nose with each forefinger? Did they test your
>> reflexes by hitting your arms and legs with a little rubber mallet
>> near the elbows and knees? Did they have you do a few other
>> activities along those lines?
>>
>> Cele
>
> Alright... I stand corrected... No doctor has really checked me out,
> if you put it that way. Something like that, I assume, would require
> more than just a simple call to the doctor to make an appointment...

Actually, that's all it SHOULD take. Calling the physician's office and
making an appointment. Once there, explaining the problem, should prompt
such an examination. If not, find another doctor. Simply put, if you need
a referral, get one. See a neurology specialist.

Betsy
--
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with
ketchup.

Cele
July 6th 03, 06:24 PM
On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 10:26:21 GMT, > wrote:

>>> Did either doctor perform a basic neurological examination? For
>>> example, did they shine a light into your eyes, have you close your
>>> eyes and touch your nose with each forefinger? Did they test your
>>> reflexes by hitting your arms and legs with a little rubber mallet
>>> near the elbows and knees? Did they have you do a few other
>>> activities along those lines?
>>>
>>> Cele
>>
>> Alright... I stand corrected... No doctor has really checked me out,
>> if you put it that way. Something like that, I assume, would require
>> more than just a simple call to the doctor to make an appointment...
>

>Actually, that's all it SHOULD take. Calling the physician's office and
>making an appointment. Once there, explaining the problem, should prompt
>such an examination. If not, find another doctor. Simply put, if you need
>a referral, get one. See a neurology specialist.

Bingo, on all counts. Do it, Kat. You aren't helping your kid if you
don't stay well and healthy and ready for 20 years of childrearing.

Good luck.

Cele

Lisa aka Surfer
July 6th 03, 08:16 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:21:54 -0400, "Lisa aka Surfer"
> > wrote:

> >like
> >> the

> >> Oh for sure! When is she coming up? We'll show her Whyte Ave, right
Kat?
> >> Go ahead and email me at cme_ (at) telus (dot) net and if she's
> >comfortable
> >> enough to give me a ring, I'll show her West Edmonton Mall. lol
> >>
> >> Christine
> >>

> >Whyte Ave???? LOL,,,,,straight for the party part of town. I'd worry if
> >were you Cele :)
> >
> >Naughty girls. I had a blast there when I was in town.
>
> Heh. Thanks for the heads up, Lisa! :-)
>
> Turns out, she's too broke to go. She's just gonna have to wait until
> she's legal here, or in the Yukon, or wherever.
>
> Bummer for her, huh?
>
> Cele

Aww, bummer for sure. We were all broke at her age. The plus for her is
Kraft Dinner is probably still a main staple :). Helps to find fun moeny
by eating cheap. Hope she's still doing well!