PDA

View Full Version : Re: Paints for handprint painting

sher
July 25th 03, 05:44 PM
Bruce and Jeanne > wrote in message >...
> Mary W. wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I wanted to do some finger painting/ handprints on paper
> > with my daughter this weekend (2 years old). Being totally
> > uncrafty, I have no idea what type of paint to use. I'll probably
> > run to Michael's to get it - what should I look for?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Mary
> >

> Look for washable finger paints and big paper.
>
> But be forewarned - this is *messy*.

<snip>

I'm not sure what kinds of paint I've used before. Just something
washable.

One tip that I've found to control the mess - Instead of dipping her
hands in the paint, get a 1 inch paint brush and paint the palm of her
hand. It wastes less paint, is far less messy, and just as fun
because it tickles.

Have fun!

~ Sher

Mary W.
July 25th 03, 05:52 PM
sher wrote:

> Bruce and Jeanne > wrote in message >...
> > Mary W. wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I wanted to do some finger painting/ handprints on paper
> > > with my daughter this weekend (2 years old). Being totally
> > > uncrafty, I have no idea what type of paint to use. I'll probably
> > > run to Michael's to get it - what should I look for?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > Mary
> > >

> > Look for washable finger paints and big paper.
> >
> > But be forewarned - this is *messy*.
>
> <snip>
>
> I'm not sure what kinds of paint I've used before. Just something
> washable.
>
> One tip that I've found to control the mess - Instead of dipping her
> hands in the paint, get a 1 inch paint brush and paint the palm of her
> hand. It wastes less paint, is far less messy, and just as fun
> because it tickles.

Thanks Jeanne and Sher. It should be fun... we are making a
birthday present for Grandma.

Mary

toto
July 26th 03, 05:00 AM
On 25 Jul 2003 09:44:20 -0700, (sher) wrote:

>One tip that I've found to control the mess - Instead of dipping her
>hands in the paint, get a 1 inch paint brush and paint the palm of her
>hand. It wastes less paint, is far less messy, and just as fun
>because it tickles.
>
>Have fun!

You can also do footprints this way which the kids love. Sit her
on a chair with a long strip of paper she can walk on on the floor.
Paint her feet with the paint and let her walk on the paper until
most of the paint is gone. Then wash feet in prepared bucket of
soapy water.

You can cut out the footprints when dry and make a trail around
the room for her to follow. Or just put the whole thing up on a wall
to look at. With children a bit older, you can use the footprints as
a measuring tool - how many footprints does it take to go around
the bed or the table, for example.

--
Dorothy

Outer Limits