PDA

View Full Version : Feedings.....

Tiffany
July 8th 03, 08:05 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but with summer here, my motivation to
cook is slim to none. (Actually, its like that in the winter too) So I
thought I would ask for any suggestions of simple things to make that don't
take alot of heat usage. Preferablly things that don't have to be cooked and
are not just salads. (I already know about salads, trust me)

Thanks.

Tiffany

ps.... still waiting on that dinner party at Pauls. ;)

Paul Fritz
July 8th 03, 08:14 PM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message
> I don't know about the rest of you but with summer here, my motivation to
> cook is slim to none. (Actually, its like that in the winter too) So I
> thought I would ask for any suggestions of simple things to make that
don't
> take alot of heat usage. Preferablly things that don't have to be cooked
and
> are not just salads. (I already know about salads, trust me)
>
> Thanks.
>
> Tiffany
>
> ps.... still waiting on that dinner party at Pauls. ;)

Anytime you want to make the drive ;-)

Joelle
July 8th 03, 10:11 PM
> thought I would ask for any suggestions of simple things to make that
>don't
>> take alot of heat usage.

Do you have a grill? That's keeps the heat out of the house.

This requires cooking, but boneless skinless chicken breasts are easy, healthy
and my kids will eat them. Now some people complain that they are tasteless,
but I've used to them enough that chicken with skin tastes terribly fatty to
me. Also I marinate them for about an hour. No it's not as much work as you
think.

Rub a little salt and pepper and maybe some garlic on them, pour some apple
juice or pineapple juice or lemon juice or white wine over them. Pour yourself
a glass of wine and take a bath for an hour. If you are feeling ambititious,
make up some rice. Or skip the rice. If you have rice, put the rice in a
baking dish and put the chicken on top of the rice. Bake at about 350 for
about 45 minutes. If you don't want to bake, grill them.

Sorry I can't be helpful with the no-cooking part. Unless you make
sandwhiches.

Joelle

Joelle

Paul Fritz
July 8th 03, 10:16 PM
"Joelle" > wrote in message
> > thought I would ask for any suggestions of simple things to make that
> >don't
> >> take alot of heat usage.
>
> Do you have a grill? That's keeps the heat out of the house.
>
> This requires cooking, but boneless skinless chicken breasts are easy,
healthy
> and my kids will eat them. Now some people complain that they are
tasteless,
> but I've used to them enough that chicken with skin tastes terribly fatty
> me. Also I marinate them for about an hour. No it's not as much work as
you
> think.
>
> Rub a little salt and pepper and maybe some garlic on them, pour some
apple
> juice or pineapple juice or lemon juice or white wine over them.

Jack Daniels and brown sugar works pretty well too ;-) and you can save
the wine bottle for another day LOL

>Pour yourself
> a glass of wine and take a bath for an hour. If you are feeling
ambititious,
> make up some rice. Or skip the rice. If you have rice, put the rice in a
> baking dish and put the chicken on top of the rice. Bake at about 350 for
> about 45 minutes. If you don't want to bake, grill them.
>
> Sorry I can't be helpful with the no-cooking part. Unless you make
> sandwhiches.
>
> Joelle
>
> Joelle

Joelle
July 8th 03, 10:19 PM
>> Rub a little salt and pepper and maybe some garlic on them, pour some
>apple
>> juice or pineapple juice or lemon juice or white wine over them.
>

>Jack Daniels and brown sugar works pretty well too ;-) and you can save
>the wine bottle for another day

Oh yea, I do sometimes rub a little sugar on them. And speaking of Jack
Daniels, it's not much more work, but I make a mean bourbon chicken...

Joelle

dolores
July 8th 03, 10:27 PM
"Joelle" > wrote in message
> > thought I would ask for any suggestions of simple things to make that
> >don't
> >> take alot of heat usage.
>
> Do you have a grill? That's keeps the heat out of the house.
>
> This requires cooking, but boneless skinless chicken breasts are easy,
healthy
> and my kids will eat them. Now some people complain that they are
tasteless,
> but I've used to them enough that chicken with skin tastes terribly fatty
> me. Also I marinate them for about an hour. No it's not as much work as
you
> think.
>
> Rub a little salt and pepper and maybe some garlic on them, pour some
apple
> juice or pineapple juice or lemon juice or white wine over them. Pour
yourself
> a glass of wine and take a bath for an hour. If you are feeling
ambititious,
> make up some rice. Or skip the rice. If you have rice, put the rice in a
> baking dish and put the chicken on top of the rice. Bake at about 350 for
> about 45 minutes. If you don't want to bake, grill them.
>
> Sorry I can't be helpful with the no-cooking part. Unless you make
> sandwhiches.
>
> Joelle

Hey Joelle!!... Git yer teeth in!...We got visitors....A Rev.

Dolores

Tiffany
July 8th 03, 10:42 PM
Paul Fritz > wrote in message

> "Tiffany" > wrote in message
> > I don't know about the rest of you but with summer here, my motivation
> > cook is slim to none. (Actually, its like that in the winter too) So I
> > thought I would ask for any suggestions of simple things to make that
> don't
> > take alot of heat usage. Preferablly things that don't have to be cooked
> and
> > are not just salads. (I already know about salads, trust me)
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Tiffany
> >
> > ps.... still waiting on that dinner party at Pauls. ;)
>
> Anytime you want to make the drive ;-)

Now you know I am coming that way soon. Is that an invite? lol

Tiffany
July 8th 03, 10:43 PM
Joelle > wrote in message
> > thought I would ask for any suggestions of simple things to make that
> >don't
> >> take alot of heat usage.
>
> Do you have a grill? That's keeps the heat out of the house.
>
> This requires cooking, but boneless skinless chicken breasts are easy,
healthy
> and my kids will eat them. Now some people complain that they are
tasteless,
> but I've used to them enough that chicken with skin tastes terribly fatty
> me. Also I marinate them for about an hour. No it's not as much work as
you
> think.
>
> Rub a little salt and pepper and maybe some garlic on them, pour some
apple
> juice or pineapple juice or lemon juice or white wine over them. Pour
yourself
> a glass of wine and take a bath for an hour. If you are feeling
ambititious,
> make up some rice. Or skip the rice. If you have rice, put the rice in a
> baking dish and put the chicken on top of the rice. Bake at about 350 for
> about 45 minutes. If you don't want to bake, grill them.
>
> Sorry I can't be helpful with the no-cooking part. Unless you make
> sandwhiches.
>
> Joelle
>
> Joelle

Sounds like good idea. I don't have a grill, just a George Forman. I do eat
lots of chicken that way. I do like Pauls Jack Daniels idea BUT I don't know
if its a good idea to have a bottle of Jack in my house. Could lead to
trouble. lol

Meep
July 9th 03, 03:41 AM
Long live the microwave. :)

"Tiffany" > wrote in message
> I don't know about the rest of you but with summer here, my motivation
> cook is slim to none. (Actually, its like that in the winter too) So I
> thought I would ask for any suggestions of simple things to make that
don't
> take alot of heat usage. Preferablly things that don't have to be
cooked and
> are not just salads. (I already know about salads, trust me)
>
> Thanks.
>
> Tiffany
>
> ps.... still waiting on that dinner party at Pauls. ;)

Cele
July 10th 03, 03:20 AM
On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 03:16:21 GMT, "CME" >
wrote:

>Tiff do you have a crock pot? My personal favourite is pot roast, with a
>package of Lipton's Onion Soup mixed with beef broth... add some potatoes
>and carrots and 4 hours later Dinner is served. There are so many good
>recipes that can be made that way, it's a great investment.

I spent a lot of years alternating two crockpots nightly so that when
I came home from work dinner was always ready. This was particularly
great in the North where it's cold as hell in the winter and having a
hot meal ready at home is a huge plus. I have about four crock pot
recipe books and we just had tons of crock pot dinners.

Cele

CME
July 10th 03, 08:13 AM
"Moon Shyne" > wrote in message
> <snip>
> >
> > Tiff do you have a crock pot? My personal favourite is pot roast, with
> > package of Lipton's Onion Soup mixed with beef broth... add some
potatoes
> > and carrots and 4 hours later Dinner is served.
>
> You don't need the beef broth.

Yeah good point. lol

> I toss in the potatoes and carrots, lay the
> chuck roast across the top, sprinkle with the envelope of onion soup mix,
cover,
> set on low and go to work - I come home and dinner's ready -
>
> Also, try the same thing, but use a pork roast - and instead of the onion
soup
> mix, pour in about a cup of apple cider - that's good, too

Huh... never thought of THAT one... damn, now I have to try that out. ;)

Christine