PDA

View Full Version : Single DAD in the Bay Area-- venting!!!

July 9th 03, 05:36 PM
Hi All,
I'm new to this group and wanted to vent a bit and intoduce myself... 34 yr
old, father of a 9 yr old. Divorced 2 whole yrs!!! (as of July 3rd, got to
love the Independance Day thing going there!) The divorce was not my idea,
but that's a whole other story!!!

I was involved for 2 yrs ( give or take ) with a woman who ws seperated and
"getting divorced" ( she is still married to this day if I'm not mistaken!)
I didi everything she asked of me for her and her two BRATS! In the end she
left me, left him, and I was left with a load of ****!!! I just want to let
every single parent out there know that you have to make it for you, not for
others, if you meet someone you wants you to move, change, whatever for
them...they are not for you!!! If they can't accept you for who or what you
are now, and aren't willing to grow with you to what you (both of you may
evolved to ) then, forget it!!!

Be there for your kids, be there for yourself.

Rachel Richard
July 10th 03, 04:07 AM
You are right on that. No one will make you happy but you. Live your
life to the fullest and live each day as if it were your last. Because
it maybe. My son is the pride and joy of my life. You have to show them
love everyday that you love them. It is hard to be a single parent but
sometimes it si better for the parent and the child. Good luck with your
kids and give them the extra time they need, I learned that the hard
way.

Keep looking up and smile, Someone up there loves us!!!!

Kelvin Soo
July 12th 03, 08:41 PM
Hi

Thanks for sharing.

I am from Singapore and my wife just left me for another man.
Its OK though cos we dont love each other anymore.
And she agree to let me have 2 children.

She is now still staying with me cos we are all looking for a new house.
I am now trying to adjust to the new enviroment and I am learning how to
cope being a single parent.

I think your advise is very good for people like me in the future if i get
involved again.

. ..