PDA

View Full Version : whats hard about it.

Steve
July 10th 03, 07:51 PM
Hi, Sorry you all need support.

Full time single dad to my 4 yr old daughter, have been for two years, love
every min of it, its not hard, depressing, lonely or anything else, its
great i wouldnt change a thing......well apart from the lack of CS I get
from her dead beat no good mother...........gawd I hope this group isnt a
bunch of no marks bleeting about how hard their lives are.......Jog
on....its a blast :)

dolores
July 10th 03, 10:23 PM
"Steve" > wrote in message
.. .
> Hi, Sorry you all need support.
>
> Full time single dad to my 4 yr old daughter, have been for two years,
love
> every min of it, its not hard, depressing, lonely or anything else, its
> great i wouldnt change a thing......well apart from the lack of CS I get
> from her dead beat no good mother...........gawd I hope this group isnt a
> bunch of no marks bleeting about how hard their lives are.......Jog
> on....its a blast :)

dolores
July 10th 03, 10:45 PM
"Steve" > wrote in message
.. .
> Hi, Sorry you all need support.
>
> Full time single dad to my 4 yr old daughter, have been for two years,
love
> every min of it, its not hard, depressing, lonely or anything else, its
> great i wouldnt change a thing......well apart from the lack of CS I get
> from her dead beat no good mother...........gawd I hope this group isnt a
> bunch of no marks bleeting about how hard their lives are.......Jog
> on....its a blast :)

And he reckons he doesnt need support...LOL.....maybe he doesn't....but his
daughter probably will in 20 years time, if these comments are indicative of
his skills as a parent.

Dolores

Steve
July 12th 03, 07:19 PM
"Dennis Here"

Not a troll...........just very happy to be a single parent............and
generally peeved off with bleeting single parents......give us all a bad
name..........still I find that in terms of "getting the key in the
ignition" women tend to find custodial single dads attractive :) although
I'm not sure why......maybe some women could tell me (not dolores though as
she has issues and does not seem to be very nice)...................anyway
Jog on, get over it, build a bridge, remember that misery loves a friend
(like Dolores :) and be happy to be a single parent, just count the CS money
that all you yanks get and smile :)

Steve.........

Tiffany
July 12th 03, 07:45 PM
Steve > wrote in message

> "Dennis Here"
>
> Not a troll...........just very happy to be a single parent............and
> generally peeved off with bleeting single parents......give us all a bad
> name..........still I find that in terms of "getting the key in the
> ignition" women tend to find custodial single dads attractive :) although
> I'm not sure why......maybe some women could tell me (not dolores though
as
> she has issues and does not seem to be very nice)...................anyway
> Jog on, get over it, build a bridge, remember that misery loves a friend
> (like Dolores :) and be happy to be a single parent, just count the CS
money
> that all you yanks get and smile :)
>
> Steve.........

Sorry to tell you but alot of us yanks don't get CS money. Nor do we all
complain, actually I would say 99% of us that are regualr here and pretty
content.

Rolly The Pervert
July 12th 03, 09:21 PM
"Rachel Richard" > wrote in message
> You are right, most of us don't get any kind of CS but you go on and
> deal with it. God help us all with men like this, that is why most
> single mothers stay that way---
> SINGLE---you don't have to put up with the bull****.
>
> Keep looking up and smile, Someone up there loves us!!!!

Man-Hater

Tiffany
July 12th 03, 09:46 PM
Rachel Richard > wrote in message
> You are right, most of us don't get any kind of CS but you go on and
> deal with it. God help us all with men like this, that is why most
> single mothers stay that way---
> SINGLE---you don't have to put up with the bull****.
>
> Keep looking up and smile, Someone up there loves us!!!!

Rachel, I will honestly tell you that I know some women who don't pay
support or help with their kids. We try to not bash any sex in this
newsgroup. Thanks.

Tiffany

dolores
July 13th 03, 02:18 AM
"Betsy" > wrote in message
om...
> In ,
> Steve > typed:
> > "Dennis Here"

happy to
> > be a single parent, just count the CS money that all you yanks get
> > and smile :)
> >
> > Steve.........
>
> CS?? Someone want to tell me what that is?

I was going to ask the same question...but then it hit me......its Con the
Sucker (into signing his life over to me, aka getting married, have a batch
of kids, so I can then chuck him out, using mental violence...he said I
looked fat in the red dress"....and lack of communication, he grunts at the
tv...I on the other hands only get blank stares...as reason for
divorce..take him to court and rip him off for the rest of his or my life,
whichever life ends first, his I hope, and have an easy ride, while he works
his ass off to keep me in Versace shoes and Yves St. Laurant lipstick. And
oh yeah!!..he only gets the kids once a year cos he's overweight and I like
my children to look at only *nice* people...Not only that, I'm booked up for
fittings at Harrods for the next year too.....which *he's* paying for).

Just think it's too painful for him to even type the word sucker
though........and couldnt get past it...hence CS

Oh wait...I think I heard of
> the concept once...like...maybe 11 years ago. As for the single fathers
being attractive issue,
> I find MEN attractive.

They do have their uses I s'pose...Cant think of any off the top of my
head...but there goes!!....Sure I'll think of one soon. Oh yeah!!..they know
which way batteries go....

Hang on!..I'm an engineer...I'm better qualified!!...

If they happen to be single fathers, so be it.

Naaaw...Just look at "Billy No Mates" Steve for example.......All he's done
is moan...and what about all that whingeing about his dead beat ex and
trying to convince us how happy he is and what bleaters single parents
are...Oh yeah!!...I nearly forgot....How he's managing just fine on his one
income....Like he's the only s/p that ever worked...I rest my case. Tis
asswipes like him that give single parents a bad name.....

Dolores

dolores
July 13th 03, 02:26 AM
"Steve" > wrote in message

> "Dennis Here"
>
> Not a troll...........just very happy to be a single parent............and
> generally peeved off with bleeting single parents......

Well it's *your* choice to mix with them...Billy No Mates!!...Maybe you
should go on line...find a few pals, ya know!.....*pretend* to be nice...no
one will know....

give us all a bad
> name..........still I find that in terms of "getting the key in the
> ignition" women tend to find custodial single dads attractive :)

And I reckon yer the kinda guy that aint fussy about what he drives......or
where he drives....

although
> I'm not sure why......

LOL.....I'll tell ya why.....it's cos some women (and oh yeah...animals) can
smell "desperate" from a mile off.....

maybe some women could tell me (not dolores though as
> she has issues

So did Emily Pankhurst!....

and does not seem to be very nice)...................

Neither was Maggie Thatcher........and ya gotta admit, she was damn good.
Not like the limp wristed, big girls blouses that are running the country
now....LOL...Oh yeah!!...it's YOUR country.....YOUR vote!!...

anyway
> Jog on, get over it, build a bridge,remember that misery loves a friend

Might I suggest a colostomy!....Eh!..Hang on!...Ewww...No, I didnt mean
.......Oh yuck!! Actually a colostomy is done the other end......And ya
really dont wanna do things like that in public.....WHY???.....

Oh Jesus Wept!!...wipe that dirty grin off yer face!!

Dolores

July 13th 03, 11:38 PM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> Rachel Richard > wrote in message
> > You are right, most of us don't get any kind of CS but you go on and
> > deal with it. God help us all with men like this, that is why most
> > single mothers stay that way---
> > SINGLE---you don't have to put up with the bull****.
> >
> > Keep looking up and smile, Someone up there loves us!!!!

> Rachel, I will honestly tell you that I know some women who don't pay
> support or help with their kids. We try to not bash any sex in this
> newsgroup. Thanks.
>
> Tiffany

Tiffany,

Are those women able to pay but refuse or unable to pay?

July 13th 03, 11:39 PM
"Betsy" > wrote in message
om...
> In ,
> Steve > typed:
> > "Dennis Here"
> >
> > Not a troll...........just very happy to be a single
> > parent............and generally peeved off with bleeting single
> > parents......give us all a bad name..........still I find that in
> > terms of "getting the key in the ignition" women tend to find
> > custodial single dads attractive :) although I'm not sure
> > why......maybe some women could tell me (not dolores though as she
> > has issues and does not seem to be very
> > nice)...................anyway Jog on, get over it, build a bridge,
> > remember that misery loves a friend (like Dolores :) and be happy to
> > be a single parent, just count the CS money that all you yanks get
> > and smile :)
> >
> > Steve.........
>
> CS?? Someone want to tell me what that is? Oh wait...I think I heard of
> the concept once...like...maybe 11 years ago. Never saw much of it. I
> manage just fine on one income. I don't complain...often. If I do
complain
> about something for which there is no reason, or something which I can not
> control, I count on good people to tell me to stop. These folks here,
> usually tell me..."you can't change it, get over it." Sometimes nicely,
> sometimes not so nicely. As for the single fathers being attractive
issue,
> I find MEN attractive. If they happen to be single fathers, so be it. I
> admire ALL men who stand up and take responsibility for raising their
> children. Whether custodial or non-custodial. Same for the women who do
> the same.
>
> I shall step off the soap box before I start ranting. Not a pretty sight,
> that.

Who cares if you are pretty???

Speaking your mind is a must. nevermind being pretty.

Tiffany
July 13th 03, 11:46 PM
> wrote in message news:vblQa.54181$Ph3.5201@sccrnsc04...
>
> "Tiffany" > wrote in message
> >
> > Rachel Richard > wrote in message
> > > You are right, most of us don't get any kind of CS but you go on and
> > > deal with it. God help us all with men like this, that is why most
> > > single mothers stay that way---
> > > SINGLE---you don't have to put up with the bull****.
> > >
> > > Keep looking up and smile, Someone up there loves us!!!!
>
> > Rachel, I will honestly tell you that I know some women who don't pay
> > support or help with their kids. We try to not bash any sex in this
> > newsgroup. Thanks.
> >
> > Tiffany
>
> Tiffany,
>
> Are those women able to pay but refuse or unable to pay?

Some pay when they can, some just up and leave their kids behind. I have
been meeting a few single dads around here and its really amazing to get
another perspective. Regardless of the sex of the parent, one should NOT
leave the kids.

Joelle
July 13th 03, 11:55 PM
>Are those women able to pay but refuse or unable to pay?

Do you ask the same question of men?

Joelle

Joelle
July 14th 03, 12:06 AM
>Full time single dad to my 4 yr old daughter, have been for two years, love
>every min of it, its not hard, depressing, lonely or anything else, its
>great i wouldnt change a thing.

Of course your daughter has no mother and you fixed it so she wouldn't and the
fact that you don't think that's a problem IS a problem.

>well apart from the lack of CS I get
>from her dead beat no good mother..........

You picked her hun, guess that's what happens when you will shag anything.

Joelle

dolores
July 14th 03, 12:18 AM
"Joelle" > wrote in message
> >Full time single dad to my 4 yr old daughter, have been for two years,
love
> >every min of it, its not hard, depressing, lonely or anything else, its
> >great i wouldnt change a thing.
>
> Of course your daughter has no mother and you fixed it so she wouldn't and
the
> fact that you don't think that's a problem IS a problem.

Yeah!.. I think this is really sad too. I really think social services
should be authorised to deal with parents with this Steve. He just doesnt
get it. He might think it's a ball, but I really feel sorry for his
daughter. And I've also noticed that he has not once mentioned anything to
do with his daughter...not a single iota....sounds like he's too busy
listening to the sound of his own voice.

Hmmm....I reckon social services *will* get her eventually, down an alley,
with a skin full of drugs....

He'll probably blame society, the government, his ex.......anybody but
himself, cos how could it be his fault...He wasn't there, he was off getting
laid....

Dolores

Paul Griffiths
July 14th 03, 08:59 AM
> wrote in message news:QclQa.54583$H17.17307@sccrnsc02...
> "Betsy" > wrote in message
> om...

> > I shall step off the soap box before I start ranting. Not a pretty
sight,
> > that.
>
> Who cares if you are pretty???
>
> Speaking your mind is a must. nevermind being pretty.

Amen to that one. :-)

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
July 14th 03, 09:01 AM
"dolores" > wrote in message
> "Joelle" > wrote in message

> > > Full time single dad to my 4 yr old daughter, have been for two years,
> > > love every min of it, its not hard, depressing, lonely or anything
else,
> > > its great i wouldnt change a thing.
> >
> > Of course your daughter has no mother and you fixed it so she wouldn't
> > and the fact that you don't think that's a problem IS a problem.
>
> Yeah!.. I think this is really sad too. I really think social services
> should be authorised to deal with parents with this Steve. He just doesnt
> get it. He might think it's a ball, but I really feel sorry for his
> daughter. And I've also noticed that he has not once mentioned anything
> do with his daughter...not a single iota....sounds like he's too busy
> listening to the sound of his own voice.
>
> Hmmm....I reckon social services *will* get her eventually, down an alley,
> with a skin full of drugs....
>
> He'll probably blame society, the government, his ex.......anybody but
> himself, cos how could it be his fault...He wasn't there, he was off
getting
> laid....

I think I'm in love. :-))

--
Paul Griffiths

July 14th 03, 10:01 AM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message news:vblQa.54181$Ph3.5201@sccrnsc04...

> > > Rachel, I will honestly tell you that I know some women who don't pay
> > > support or help with their kids. We try to not bash any sex in this
> > > newsgroup. Thanks.
> > >
> > > Tiffany
> >
> > Tiffany,
> >
> > Are those women able to pay but refuse or unable to pay?

> Some pay when they can, some just up and leave their kids behind. I have
> been meeting a few single dads around here and its really amazing to get
> another perspective. Regardless of the sex of the parent, one should NOT
> leave the kids.

Yeah, I thought of that after I posted. Even if you can't pay child support
you should at least make the effort to parent your child, unless you are so
messed up that your kids really are better off without you around, even if
it is just temporary.

July 14th 03, 10:03 AM
"Joelle" > wrote in message
> >Are those women able to pay but refuse or unable to pay?
> >

> Do you ask the same question of men?
>
> Joelle

I knew that was coming and I thought about asking Rachel that but I've tired
of asking it and hearing the answers and discussing it ad nauseum. Why men
don't pay child support has been researched extensively, why women don't pay
hasn't been talked about as much because it's not so common. And I was just
curious about Tiffany's particular experience, not in general.

Rachel Richard
July 15th 03, 12:26 AM
You are right but unfortunately they do. I am not a MAN-HATER and not
trying to ditch any sex, the single comment can come from both sides. I
have a friend who is a single father and as far as he is concerned a
female partner in his life is the last thing he needs or wants. Friends
are ok but that's it. That is how I feel most of the time, I hate my son
growing up without a father but I don't want him having to see what he
did before, the fighting and bickering. I grew up with it with my
grandparents next to us, I know how it effects you as a child. I don't
support any parent leaving there child but some feel they need to. Why
is for them to know and live with. My son still asks where his dad is,
all I can say is he had to work a long ways away. And not getting CS
goes both ways. My friend doesn't get any from her, he makes it just
like to rest of us. Sorry to cause a problem with the wording before.
Rachel

Keep looking up and smile, Someone up there loves us!!!!

dolores
July 16th 03, 12:25 AM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message

> else,
> > >
> > > Of course your daughter has no mother and you fixed it so she wouldn't
> > > and the fact that you don't think that's a problem IS a problem.
> >
> > Yeah!.. I think this is really sad too. I really think social services
> > should be authorised to deal with parents with this Steve. He just
doesnt
> > get it. He might think it's a ball, but I really feel sorry for his
> > daughter. And I've also noticed that he has not once mentioned anything
> > do with his daughter...not a single iota....sounds like he's too busy
> > listening to the sound of his own voice.
> >
> > Hmmm....I reckon social services *will* get her eventually, down an
alley,
> > with a skin full of drugs....
> >
> > He'll probably blame society, the government, his ex.......anybody but
> > himself, cos how could it be his fault...He wasn't there, he was off
> getting
> > laid....
>
> I think I'm in love. :-))
>

> --
> Paul Griffiths

LOL...Well it could be yer lucky day Paul....The man in the pink
dress......IS steve!!..Which one?....Take yer pick!! ;0))

Dolores

July 17th 03, 05:09 AM
Joelle wrote:
>> Full time single dad to my 4 yr old daughter, have been for two
>> years, love every min of it, its not hard, depressing, lonely or
>> anything else, its great i wouldnt change a thing.
>
> Of course your daughter has no mother and you fixed it so she
> wouldn't and the fact that you don't think that's a problem IS a
> problem.
>
>> well apart from the lack of CS I get
>> from her dead beat no good mother..........
>
> You picked her hun, guess that's what happens when you will shag
> anything.
>
> Joelle

I must be feeling pretty low. I didn't even see any of this, I was busy
identifying with the "dead beat, no good mother" wondering how she was
feeling, wondering what she did that was so terrible that she lost her
daughter to this bravado.

Thank you Joelle for your insight and your conviction. I often feel better
after reading your posts. A little stronger as a mom.

July 17th 03, 09:36 AM
Joelle wrote:
>> Full time single dad to my 4 yr old daughter, have been for two
>> years, love every min of it, its not hard, depressing, lonely or
>> anything else, its great i wouldnt change a thing.
>
> Of course your daughter has no mother and you fixed it so she
> wouldn't and the fact that you don't think that's a problem IS a
> problem.
>
>> well apart from the lack of CS I get
>> from her dead beat no good mother..........
>
> You picked her hun, guess that's what happens when you will shag
> anything.
>
> Joelle

I must be feeling pretty low. I didn't even see any of this, I was busy
identifying with the "dead beat, no good mother" wondering how she was
feeling, wondering what she did that was so terrible that she lost her
daughter to this bravado.

Thank you Joelle for your insight and your conviction. I often feel better
after reading your posts. A little stronger as a mom.

Tiffany
July 17th 03, 09:13 PM
Dennis Here oureply>
wrote in message ...

> wrote in message ...
>
> > Why men
> >don't pay child support has been researched extensively, why women don't
> pay
> >hasn't been talked about as much because it's not so common.
>
> The CSA in the UK has, as a percentage, more non paying mothers than
fathers
> in spite of the fact that their monthly amount is also significantly
lower.
> The absent mothers are also well and truly absent and seem to be more
> difficult to track down.
>
> I don't know why women don't pay but I could do some research and ask my
ex
> why she doesn't pay!
>
> Dennis

lol does she not pay because she doesn't want to or because she can't?

dolores
July 18th 03, 01:57 AM
"Dennis Here" oureply>
wrote in message ...

> wrote in message ...
>
> > Why men
> >don't pay child support has been researched extensively, why women don't
> pay
> >hasn't been talked about as much because it's not so common.
>
> The CSA in the UK has, as a percentage, more non paying mothers than
fathers
> in spite of the fact that their monthly amount is also significantly
lower.
> The absent mothers are also well and truly absent and seem to be more
> difficult to track down.
>
> I don't know why women don't pay but I could do some research and ask my
ex
> why she doesn't pay!
>
> Dennis

LOL......I just luv yer wit Dennis

Dolores

SA
July 18th 03, 04:38 PM
"Steve" > wrote in message >...
> "Dennis Here"

just very happy to be a single parent............and
> generally peeved off with bleeting single parents......give us all a bad
> name.........

As am I, but I think your description of "bleeting", btw should read
bleating, single parents, is somewhat hard. Its great that things have
been easyish for you, but that is not always the case at all.
I went back to college when my daughter was three, while I loved it,
it was very hard, but necessary. It was a full time course, yet we
were in three to four nights a week as well as during the day.
Once we were given a timetable and asked if we had any questions, I
asked when would the course be really full time and held during the
day, saying that it was very hard for me to make classes, find and pay
for childminding on that basis. But, I was met with a blank look, and
they said has anyone else any questions? So I presumed that was me
dealt with...
I have always believed that I am doing what I am doing because some
other single parent has battled with whatever before me. So its my
duty and others to fight for more space for the next people coming
after us. And if that means being a pain in the arse in work, college,
with friends, thats what you do. If thats bleating, call me a lamb,
cos I aint no sheep. Its just my thoughts, god knows what ye all will
make of that.

Cele
July 21st 03, 07:59 PM
On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 02:18:22 +0100, "dolores" >
wrote:

>"Betsy" > wrote in message
om...
>> In ,
>> Steve > typed:
>> > "Dennis Here"
>

>happy to
>> > be a single parent, just count the CS money that all you yanks get
>> > and smile :)
>> >
>> > Steve.........
>>
>> CS?? Someone want to tell me what that is?
>
>I was going to ask the same question...but then it hit me......its Con the
>Sucker (into signing his life over to me, aka getting married, have a batch
>of kids, so I can then chuck him out, using mental violence...he said I
>looked fat in the red dress"....and lack of communication, he grunts at the
>tv...I on the other hands only get blank stares...as reason for
>divorce..take him to court and rip him off for the rest of his or my life,
>whichever life ends first, his I hope, and have an easy ride, while he works
>his ass off to keep me in Versace shoes and Yves St. Laurant lipstick. And
>oh yeah!!..he only gets the kids once a year cos he's overweight and I like
>my children to look at only *nice* people...Not only that, I'm booked up for
>fittings at Harrods for the next year too.....which *he's* paying for).
>
>Just think it's too painful for him to even type the word sucker
>though........and couldnt get past it...hence CS

Wow. My ex pays child support because he believes in helping support
his kids. He adores them, is active in their lives, and just like I
do, he wants the very best for them. We collaborate on their
upbringing constantly, and when his youngest was badly hurt, he was in
the hospital right alongside me, working to help her heal.

I think he might take real exception to being called a sucker. I know
his daughters would have an issue with the term.

Cele

dolores
July 21st 03, 10:52 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 02:18:22 +0100, "dolores" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Betsy" > wrote in message
> om...
> >> In ,
> >> Steve > typed:
> >

> >happy to

> >> CS?? Someone want to tell me what that is?
> >
> >I was going to ask the same question...but then it hit me......its Con
the
> >Sucker (into signing his life over to me, aka getting married, have a
batch
> >of kids, so I can then chuck him out, using mental violence...he said I
> >looked fat in the red dress"....and lack of communication, he grunts at
the
> >tv...I on the other hands only get blank stares...as reason for
> >divorce..take him to court and rip him off for the rest of his or my
life,
> >whichever life ends first, his I hope, and have an easy ride, while he
works
> >his ass off to keep me in Versace shoes and Yves St. Laurant lipstick.
And
> >oh yeah!!..he only gets the kids once a year cos he's overweight and I
like
> >my children to look at only *nice* people...Not only that, I'm booked up
for
> >fittings at Harrods for the next year too.....which *he's* paying for).
> >
> >Just think it's too painful for him to even type the word sucker
> >though........and couldnt get past it...hence CS
>
> Wow. My ex pays child support because he believes in helping support
> his kids. He adores them, is active in their lives, and just like I
> do, he wants the very best for them. We collaborate on their
> upbringing constantly, and when his youngest was badly hurt, he was in
> the hospital right alongside me, working to help her heal.
>
> I think he might take real exception to being called a sucker. I know
> his daughters would have an issue with the term.
>
> Cele

Cele.....I wasnt being serious........and there are many absent
fathers/mothers that really do believe that the maintanance payments are
being used to keep the mother in luxury.......Jesus!!...Cant believe I had
to explain this.........

Dolores

Cele
July 23rd 03, 10:49 AM
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 22:52:01 +0100, "dolores" >
wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 02:18:22 +0100, "dolores" >
>> wrote:
>>

>> >"Betsy" > wrote in message
>> om...
>> >

>> >happy to

>> >I was going to ask the same question...but then it hit me......its Con
>the
>> >Sucker (into signing his life over to me, aka getting married, have a
>batch
>> >of kids, so I can then chuck him out, using mental violence...he said I
>> >looked fat in the red dress"....and lack of communication, he grunts at
>the
>> >tv...I on the other hands only get blank stares...as reason for
>> >divorce..take him to court and rip him off for the rest of his or my
>life,
>> >whichever life ends first, his I hope, and have an easy ride, while he
>works
>> >his ass off to keep me in Versace shoes and Yves St. Laurant lipstick.
>And
>> >oh yeah!!..he only gets the kids once a year cos he's overweight and I
>like
>> >my children to look at only *nice* people...Not only that, I'm booked up
>for
>> >fittings at Harrods for the next year too.....which *he's* paying for).
>> >
>> >Just think it's too painful for him to even type the word sucker
>> >though........and couldnt get past it...hence CS
>>
>> Wow. My ex pays child support because he believes in helping support
>> his kids. He adores them, is active in their lives, and just like I
>> do, he wants the very best for them. We collaborate on their
>> upbringing constantly, and when his youngest was badly hurt, he was in
>> the hospital right alongside me, working to help her heal.
>>
>> I think he might take real exception to being called a sucker. I know
>> his daughters would have an issue with the term.
>>
>> Cele
>
>Cele.....I wasnt being serious........and there are many absent
>fathers/mothers that really do believe that the maintanance payments are
>being used to keep the mother in luxury......

Ah, Okay. Thing is, I've seen such views expressed with an absolutely
straight face enough times that I'll believe almost anything these
days......

>.Jesus!!...Cant believe I had
>to explain this.........

Oh well. There goes my NASA employment application for another month.
I guess it really *is* true....we really *can't* all be rocket
scientists....

LMAO

:-)

Cele

dolores
July 23rd 03, 10:56 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 22:52:01 +0100, "dolores" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Cele" > wrote in message

> >> om...

> >the
> >batch
> >the
> >life,
> >works
> >And
> >like
> >for

> >> Wow. My ex pays child support because he believes in helping support
> >> his kids. He adores them, is active in their lives, and just like I
> >> do, he wants the very best for them. We collaborate on their
> >> upbringing constantly, and when his youngest was badly hurt, he was in
> >> the hospital right alongside me, working to help her heal.
> >>
> >> I think he might take real exception to being called a sucker. I know
> >> his daughters would have an issue with the term.
> >>
> >> Cele
> >
> >Cele.....I wasnt being serious........and there are many absent
> >fathers/mothers that really do believe that the maintanance payments are
> >being used to keep the mother in luxury......
>
> Ah, Okay. Thing is, I've seen such views expressed with an absolutely
> straight face enough times that I'll believe almost anything these
> days......
>
> >.Jesus!!...Cant believe I had
> >to explain this.........
>
> Oh well. There goes my NASA employment application for another month.

Now I think *you* are being serious.......LOL......I'd luuuuuv to work at
NASA, but never thought I was geeky enough...........then discovered I was,
albiet too late!! <shrug>

Jeez...would *I* be jealous of ya!!...<grin>

Dolores

Cele
July 24th 03, 12:23 AM
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:56:26 +0100, "dolores" >
wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 22:52:01 +0100, "dolores" >
>> wrote:

>> >the
>> >batch
>at
>> >the
>> >life,
>> >works
>> >And
>> >like
>up
>> >for
>for).

>> >Cele.....I wasnt being serious........and there are many absent
>> >fathers/mothers that really do believe that the maintanance payments are
>> >being used to keep the mother in luxury......
>>
>> Ah, Okay. Thing is, I've seen such views expressed with an absolutely
>> straight face enough times that I'll believe almost anything these
>> days......
>>
>> >.Jesus!!...Cant believe I had
>> >to explain this.........
>>
>> Oh well. There goes my NASA employment application for another month.
>
>Now I think *you* are being serious.......LOL......I'd luuuuuv to work at
>NASA, but never thought I was geeky enough...........then discovered I was,
>albiet too late!! <shrug>
>
>Jeez...would *I* be jealous of ya!!...<grin>

Even if I was the janitor? LOL

When I was a kid, I absolutely *adored* the space program, science
fiction, moon walks, you name it. Had astronomy books and stuff about
space everywhere. Wanted to be an astronaut more than anything.

Then I found out I suck at math....

LOL

Cele

turtledove
July 24th 03, 02:55 AM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:56:26 +0100, "dolores" >
> wrote:
>

> When I was a kid, I absolutely *adored* the space program, science
> fiction, moon walks, you name it. Had astronomy books and stuff about
> space everywhere. Wanted to be an astronaut more than anything.
>
> Then I found out I suck at math....
>
> LOL
>
> Cele

Heck, I grew up being able to see the launch sites from the beach across the
street. I grew up 10-15 miles south of Cape Canaveral. Saw Columbia's
first launch from the roof of my Grandparents house. I wanted to be an
astronaut from the time I was born...

then I found out my vision was too bad.

Sigh.....shattered dreams at 9 when I got glasses.....

I love math!
*bri

CME
July 24th 03, 08:06 AM
"turtledove" > wrote in message
om...

> "Cele" > wrote in message
> > On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:56:26 +0100, "dolores" >
> > wrote:
> >

> > When I was a kid, I absolutely *adored* the space program, science
> > fiction, moon walks, you name it. Had astronomy books and stuff about
> > space everywhere. Wanted to be an astronaut more than anything.
> >
> > Then I found out I suck at math....
> >
> > LOL
> >
> > Cele
> >

> Heck, I grew up being able to see the launch sites from the beach across
the
> street. I grew up 10-15 miles south of Cape Canaveral. Saw Columbia's
> first launch from the roof of my Grandparents house. I wanted to be an
> astronaut from the time I was born...
>
> then I found out my vision was too bad.
>
> Sigh.....shattered dreams at 9 when I got glasses.....
>
> I love math!
> *bri

Damn, I know what that feels like... I went to the Eye Doctor today, and was
told I needed glasses. Waaaaaaaaaaaaa. :( I used to see like a hawk. Ah
well, my son says they make me look smart, and thankfully I don't have to
wear them all the time... because they're still making me ill.

Christine

dolores
July 24th 03, 10:06 PM
"Cele" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:56:26 +0100, "dolores" >
> wrote:
>

> >"Cele" > wrote in message

Con
> >at
> >up
> >for).

> >> Ah, Okay. Thing is, I've seen such views expressed with an absolutely
> >> straight face enough times that I'll believe almost anything these
> >> days......

> >> Oh well. There goes my NASA employment application for another month.
> >
> >Now I think *you* are being serious.......LOL......I'd luuuuuv to work at
> >NASA, but never thought I was geeky enough...........then discovered I
was,
> >albiet too late!! <shrug>
> >
> >Jeez...would *I* be jealous of ya!!...<grin>
>
> Even if I was the janitor? LOL
>
> When I was a kid, I absolutely *adored* the space program, science
> fiction, moon walks, you name it. Had astronomy books and stuff about
> space everywhere.

You were lucky to be even aware of this kinda stuff...I used wonder about
the oddest of things and thought I was odd.....I found the library boring
too, but didnt know why.....Twasnt until I was older that I realised how
limited it was and how out of date. It isnt much better these days and my
ordering a stream of interlibrary books has resulted in my being asked to
draw up a list of books that would interested younger people in the
sciences......Doubt they'll read them either....LOL....just means I get to
order books of *my* choice....

>Wanted to be an astronaut more than anything.

I wanna be a particle physicist....and ended up an engineer.....Dont think
I'll be one at this late stage in my life either

> Then I found out I suck at math....

Thats probably becuase you had a bad teacher and not simply because you
couldnt understand. Maths are the easiest subject if yer taught properly and
the easiest exam to take...cos there are no gray areas...well not at any
basic level anyway....

Dolores

dolores
July 24th 03, 10:07 PM
"turtledove" > wrote in message
om...

> "Cele" > wrote in message
> > On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:56:26 +0100, "dolores" >
> > wrote:
> >

> > When I was a kid, I absolutely *adored* the space program, science
> > fiction, moon walks, you name it. Had astronomy books and stuff about
> > space everywhere. Wanted to be an astronaut more than anything.
> >
> > Then I found out I suck at math....
> >
> > LOL
> >
> > Cele
> >

> Heck, I grew up being able to see the launch sites from the beach across
the
> street. I grew up 10-15 miles south of Cape Canaveral. Saw Columbia's
> first launch from the roof of my Grandparents house. I wanted to be an
> astronaut from the time I was born...
>
> then I found out my vision was too bad.
>
> Sigh.....shattered dreams at 9 when I got glasses.....
>
> I love math!
> *bri

Did living so close encourage any of the kids in your area to actually go
and work there?

Dolores

dolores
July 24th 03, 11:34 PM
"turtledove" > wrote in message
om...

> "dolores" > wrote in message
> >
> > "turtledove" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > >

> > > Heck, I grew up being able to see the launch sites from the beach
across
> > the
> > > street. I grew up 10-15 miles south of Cape Canaveral. Saw
Columbia's
> > > first launch from the roof of my Grandparents house. I wanted to be
an
> > > astronaut from the time I was born...
> > >
> > > then I found out my vision was too bad.
> > >
> > > Sigh.....shattered dreams at 9 when I got glasses.....
> > >
> > > I love math!
> > > *bri
> >
> > Did living so close encourage any of the kids in your area to actually
go
> > and work there?
> >
> > Dolores
>

> Yes. There is a ton of work out at the Cape. Plus you have all the big
> engineering companies in the area that either work directly or indirectly
> with the Space Program. Florida Institute of Technology (FIT) is a
private
> university that was started by Morton-Thikole (I know I misspelled that)
> train engineers.
>
> My son's Granddad (my ex's dad) was one of the chief safety inspectors
that
> replaced the crew that was fired when the Challenger exploded in 1986. My
> Granddad worked for GE and did missle alignment calculations for NASA and
> the military.
>
> It's a dream of many many kids to be involved with the Space Program. I
> can't even begin to imagine how many times I went to Cape Kennedy or
exactly
> how many Shuttle launches I've seen in my life. THAT is what I'm going to
> miss about moving....being so close to the Space Program.
>
> *bri

Tis a pity nothing like that is ever likely to come to the west of Ireland,
it's such a huge incentive for kids to look to their own futures.
Unfortunately too many good brains go to waste here.

Dolores

Cele
July 25th 03, 02:12 AM
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 01:55:39 GMT, "turtledove" >
wrote:

>"Cele" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:56:26 +0100, "dolores" >
>> wrote:
>>

>> When I was a kid, I absolutely *adored* the space program, science
>> fiction, moon walks, you name it. Had astronomy books and stuff about
>> space everywhere. Wanted to be an astronaut more than anything.
>>
>> Then I found out I suck at math....
>>
>> LOL
>>
>> Cele
>>

>Heck, I grew up being able to see the launch sites from the beach across the
>street. I grew up 10-15 miles south of Cape Canaveral. Saw Columbia's
>first launch from the roof of my Grandparents house. I wanted to be an
>astronaut from the time I was born...
>
>then I found out my vision was too bad.
>
>Sigh.....shattered dreams at 9 when I got glasses.....
>
>I love math!
>*bri

Hah. I never thought about that. I've worn glasses since I was 13. I
wouldn't have got in anyway! Good thing I never beat myself up about
being rotten at math. Look at all the misery I would've wasted! LOL

Cele

Cele
July 25th 03, 02:20 AM
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 22:06:45 +0100, "dolores" >
wrote:

>> When I was a kid, I absolutely *adored* the space program, science
>> fiction, moon walks, you name it. Had astronomy books and stuff about
>> space everywhere.
>
>You were lucky to be even aware of this kinda stuff...I used wonder about
>the oddest of things and thought I was odd.....I found the library boring
>too, but didnt know why.....Twasnt until I was older that I realised how
>limited it was and how out of date. It isnt much better these days and my
>ordering a stream of interlibrary books has resulted in my being asked to
>draw up a list of books that would interested younger people in the
>sciences......Doubt they'll read them either....LOL....just means I get to
>order books of *my* choice....

You're right, I was lucky. My father actually tried out for the space
program. He was a 'top gun' as it were; a fighter pilot on the NATO
gunnery team. He might've had a shot, too, except he was way too big.
They needed wiry little guys then to fit them into the capsules. I
think my dad mighta bombed the psych workup anyway, if he'd got that
far.

I saved up my money and joined a book club when I was a kid. It was
specifically for space related books. Astronomy, that kind of thing.
That's how I got star charts and the like. These days, I guess kids
just go to the net.

Libraries here suck too. I always joke that I'd go there, but every
time I do, both books are out. LOL They're better than nothing, but I
haven't had good luck with them. The vast majority of recreational
money I spend (which isn't much, actually), is on books.

>>Wanted to be an astronaut more than anything.
>

>I wanna be a particle physicist....and ended up an engineer.....Dont think
>I'll be one at this late stage in my life either

Ooooh. Particle physics is fascinating, too. These days it must be a
particularly exciting field. I can't get enough lay science on the
subject. I generally understand it just fine while I'm reading it, but
often have difficulty explaining it afterwards. I guess I'm just on
some barely-get-it threshhold. But I know more than I did! :-)

>> Then I found out I suck at math....
>
>Thats probably becuase you had a bad teacher and not simply because you
>couldnt understand. Maths are the easiest subject if yer taught properly and
>the easiest exam to take...cos there are no gray areas...well not at any
>basic level anyway....

You may be right. Also, I skipped a grade and changed schools and
provinces all at once, and was never formally taught fractions. This
caused no end of drama later on. I got all the way through high school
math without ever memorizing formulas, because I have the short term
memory of a gnat. Instead, I would look at an example and figure out
how to do the problem all over again, right from scratch. This
probably means I had some basic ability, but boy, was it time
consuming. I dropped math at the first chance, which turned out to be
a shame, because I'm not as bad at it now as I was then.

Oh well. I'm sure we'll find out when I do my PhD and get into the
heavy duty stats courses. LOL

Cele