PDA

View Full Version : Re: My 28 Dates Last Night (not spam)

Karen O'Mara
July 11th 03, 06:15 PM
(Joelle) wrote in message >...
> Anyone hear of FastDating or Speeddating? It came to Sioux City last night and
> I went and had so much fun. It works like this, you get to talk to everyone
> there for 3 minutes - then the whistle blows and you talk to someone else. At
> the end of the 3 minutes you write yes or no next to the guy's number and turn
> it in and in a few days you get a list and email of everyone you said yes to
> and said yes to you and then you are on your own to get together.
>
> I was really nervous and aprehensive but once we got started it was so much
> fun. You can talk to anyone for 3 minutes. And I met a lot of very nice men.
> Since I'm not looking for my soulmate, just some company, I'm not really picky.
> Just looking for someone articulate, notsmoking and good teeth - so I met a
> lot of guys I wouldn't mind going out with.
>
> I haven't been out in a few years and the last time I did not involve my kids
> but I figued they were old enough now and it was such a fun thing. My daughter
> helped me shop for my outfit and prevented me from dressing in all black (my
> first inclination) The age group was 32-47 and being 46, I was a little
> aprehensive about being on the old end, but most of the guys there were older.
> When I got home my kids had seen it on the news and Sarah says "Oh Mom I saw a
> bunch of women who were older and fatter than you there!" Children can really
> boost your ego.
>
> So it will be a few days before I find out if anyone actually said yes to me,
> but it was still a good time and if it comes to your city- I recommend it.

Hurray for you, Joelle! I'm happy to see this new sparkle in you.

Karen

CME
July 11th 03, 06:43 PM
"Joelle" > wrote in message
> Anyone hear of FastDating or Speeddating? It came to Sioux City last
night and
> I went and had so much fun. It works like this, you get to talk to
everyone
> there for 3 minutes - then the whistle blows and you talk to someone else.
At
> the end of the 3 minutes you write yes or no next to the guy's number and
turn
> it in and in a few days you get a list and email of everyone you said yes
> and said yes to you and then you are on your own to get together.
>
> I was really nervous and aprehensive but once we got started it was so
much
> fun. You can talk to anyone for 3 minutes. And I met a lot of very nice
men.
> Since I'm not looking for my soulmate, just some company, I'm not really
picky.
> Just looking for someone articulate, notsmoking and good teeth - so I met
> lot of guys I wouldn't mind going out with.
>
> I haven't been out in a few years and the last time I did not involve my
kids
> but I figued they were old enough now and it was such a fun thing. My
daughter
> helped me shop for my outfit and prevented me from dressing in all black
(my
> first inclination) The age group was 32-47 and being 46, I was a little
> aprehensive about being on the old end, but most of the guys there were
older.
> When I got home my kids had seen it on the news and Sarah says "Oh Mom I
saw a
> bunch of women who were older and fatter than you there!" Children can
really
> boost your ego.
>
> So it will be a few days before I find out if anyone actually said yes to
me,
> but it was still a good time and if it comes to your city- I recommend it.
>
> Joelle

Yeah I almost did that, it sounded like a great way to meet people you
wouldn't ordinarily run into. But then I met Brian, so that was that. lol
I'm glad you had a good time Joelle, that's what matters in the whole dating
experience, I personally got sick of it after awhile. Hope you have better
luck. ;) I will say that every time I went 'looking for love' (hell, I was
just looking for a normal guy, one that I could spend time with... it's
harder than you think. lol) it alluded me and then when I got fed up with
the bull**** out there... wham it hits you. Go figure.

Christine

Tiffany
July 11th 03, 07:10 PM

> "Joelle" > wrote in message
> > Anyone hear of FastDating or Speeddating? It came to Sioux City last
> night and
> > I went and had so much fun. It works like this, you get to talk to
> everyone
> > there for 3 minutes - then the whistle blows and you talk to someone
else.
> At
> > the end of the 3 minutes you write yes or no next to the guy's number
and
> turn
> > it in and in a few days you get a list and email of everyone you said
yes
> > and said yes to you and then you are on your own to get together.
> >
> > I was really nervous and aprehensive but once we got started it was so
> much
> > fun. You can talk to anyone for 3 minutes. And I met a lot of very nice
> men.
> > Since I'm not looking for my soulmate, just some company, I'm not really
> picky.
> > Just looking for someone articulate, notsmoking and good teeth - so I
met
> > lot of guys I wouldn't mind going out with.
> >
> > I haven't been out in a few years and the last time I did not involve my
> kids
> > but I figued they were old enough now and it was such a fun thing. My
> daughter
> > helped me shop for my outfit and prevented me from dressing in all black
> (my
> > first inclination) The age group was 32-47 and being 46, I was a little
> > aprehensive about being on the old end, but most of the guys there were
> older.
> > When I got home my kids had seen it on the news and Sarah says "Oh Mom I
> saw a
> > bunch of women who were older and fatter than you there!" Children can
> really
> > boost your ego.
> >
> > So it will be a few days before I find out if anyone actually said yes
> me,
> > but it was still a good time and if it comes to your city- I recommend
it.

> > Joelle

Good for you. Keep us to date. They are starting that around here and I
thought about doing it. But like most thoughts, it went right out the door.
heehee

Actually one idea that I saw on TV was where these 'people' organize a
dinner party and it is 8 people. 4 men, 4 women. I thought that would such a
great way to not only meet men but also make female friends. I just can't
remember the organization or companies name. But the more I think about it,
and after talking to alot of singles in this area, I am wondering how hard
it would be to start something similar. Might be a neat way to make a couple
bucks plus meet people.

turtledove
July 12th 03, 01:20 AM
"Joelle" > wrote in message
> Anyone hear of FastDating or Speeddating? It came to Sioux City last
night and
> I went and had so much fun. It works like this, you get to talk to
everyone
> there for 3 minutes - then the whistle blows and you talk to someone else.
At
> the end of the 3 minutes you write yes or no next to the guy's number and
turn
> it in and in a few days you get a list and email of everyone you said yes
> and said yes to you and then you are on your own to get together.
>
> I was really nervous and aprehensive but once we got started it was so
much
> fun. You can talk to anyone for 3 minutes. And I met a lot of very nice
men.
> Since I'm not looking for my soulmate, just some company, I'm not really
picky.
> Just looking for someone articulate, notsmoking and good teeth - so I met
> lot of guys I wouldn't mind going out with.
>
> I haven't been out in a few years and the last time I did not involve my
kids
> but I figued they were old enough now and it was such a fun thing. My
daughter
> helped me shop for my outfit and prevented me from dressing in all black
(my
> first inclination) The age group was 32-47 and being 46, I was a little
> aprehensive about being on the old end, but most of the guys there were
older.
> When I got home my kids had seen it on the news and Sarah says "Oh Mom I
saw a
> bunch of women who were older and fatter than you there!" Children can
really
> boost your ego.
>
> So it will be a few days before I find out if anyone actually said yes to
me,
> but it was still a good time and if it comes to your city- I recommend it.
>
> Joelle

That SOOO sounds like a fun time!! Very Cool!!! I'm glad you had so much
fun!!

*bri

Steve
July 13th 03, 06:53 AM
At
the end of the 3 minutes you write yes or no next to the guy's number and
turn
it in and in a few days you get a list and email of everyone you said yes to
and said yes to you and then you are on your own to get together.

But the guys write yes next to all the numbers unless you are a complete
munter, so if you have all your limbs, hair and teeth expect a few
calls.........but dont be flattered :) they just wanna **** you.

:)

turtledove
July 13th 03, 01:28 PM
"Joelle" > wrote in message
> >so if you have all your limbs, hair and teeth expect a few
> >calls.........but dont be flattered :) they just wanna **** you.
>
> This is why I hate to write anything personal on this ng. And this crap
from
> someone who lectures us on how to be "supportive" What a geitbok.
>
> Anyway if anyone is interested in how it went, I will email but I'm not
talking
> about my personal life on this forum again. My mistake.
>
> Joelle

Joelle,

I'm sorry that you feel as if you can't post your life on this forum. I
wish I could just say ignore the jerks, but I know that they can get to
people.

I'd love to find out how things went. It sounds like a fun time!! I have a
few girlfriends who would love to do something like that!

Ignore Steve...he's a jerk. Obviously because he has to resort to little
boy antics to make himself feel superior. It's times like this I wish the
rest of the guys would jump in and put him in his place. (hint hint)

hugs,
*bri

Steve
July 13th 03, 02:07 PM

> Yea right. What is it that all men, including you want? You wanna ****
me
> Steve?

Hmmmmmm dont think so your a bit old for me love, I'm only 33.......but I am
very handsome.......you can have a photo if you want, anyway just trying to
help you through it, I know it can be hard if its been a while :)

> And about giving me advice, I'm the one that had a successful marriage.
Did
> you?

Baby I have never been married nor do I ever intend to get married I dont do
domestisiscity (sic?) not my cup of charlie................I wasnt offering
advice on marriage just shagging......we all know that marriage and shagging
dont usually go hand in hand.................not with each other anyway :),
Jog on Joelle I trying to be nice.

Moon Shyne
July 13th 03, 02:09 PM
No confusion at all - headers match :-)