PDA

View Full Version : WMD

Dennis Here
July 11th 03, 06:15 PM
Try this quickly - someone appears to have hacked Google, so they'll
probably get rid of it, but its quite good.

Go to HYPERLINK http://www.google.co.uk then type:

weapons of mass destruction

Don't press Search!!

Next click the "I'm feeling lucky" button

Read the error message carefully

CME
July 12th 03, 07:23 AM
"Dennis Here" oureply>
wrote in message ...

> Try this quickly - someone appears to have hacked Google, so they'll
> probably get rid of it, but its quite good.
>
> Go to HYPERLINK http://www.google.co.uk then type:
>
> weapons of mass destruction
>
> Don't press Search!!
>
> Next click the "I'm feeling lucky" button
>
> Read the error message carefully

LMAO oh that was good, I definitely forwarded that one.

Christine

July 13th 03, 11:09 PM
Oh, you've come across a "Google Pranks and Games" described in the book
"Google Hacks" http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?inkey=62-0596004478-0
However, bear in mind that it is written from a computer geek's perspective
of what a hack is, that is a hack being "interact with a computer in a
playful and exploratory rather than goal-directed way." There are no
malicious hacks in the book as malicious hacks are now punishable by life
imprisonment under the new federal Homeland Security Act. I've been meaning
to get that book.