PDA

View Full Version : FAO Dennis

dolores
July 12th 03, 02:39 AM
I was wondering what you do wrt to Freddies dental checks?

I tried to register my sons with a local dentist. The receptionist told me
that they dont normally see children under 14 and that I have to wait for my
sons to be called via the school to a community dentist. This sounds really
odd to me and am wondering is this right?

Also, Kailin had braces, which are now too small for him, I was
told, by the same receptionist that it would cost E3000 to have them
replaced. But, and this is the good bit....it couldn't be done until he was
seen by an orthodontic and I couldn;t get an appointment with one until he
was seen by the community dentist.....NEXT YEAR.....when he's in 6th class
(so make that two years)

Then, if...and only
if... the community dentist thought his case sufficed his going to the
orthdontic I'd have to travel all the way to Galway, which is a 6 hour round
trip, just to see an orthodontic!!. Jesus, this sounds totally
rediculous..maybe I should re-emigrate back to UK!!.

Any suggestions?

BTW, if you need an ambulance in this country.....lol....ring a taxi, it's
bound to be cheaper, more comfortable, safer and quicker...it could cost up
to E450 depending on your distance from the hospital. I only just found this
out today and am gbsmacked........PAYING for a Goddam ambulance....What are
they going to think of next!?!?!?

Dolores