PDA

View Full Version : Re: ICQ Help please

Betsy
July 22nd 03, 11:26 PM
In ,
turtledove > typed:
> Sigh...
>
> I'm trying here people, and it just ain't working. I downloaded ICQ
> and my computer won't register me. It basically says I have no
> internet connection, when I DO have one. I have a Cable Modem...
>
> I sent a message to ICQ's technical support addy on their
> website...but in the mean time, anyone have any suggestions?
>
> yes, I have become that computer stupid lately....
>
> love me anyways?
> *b

Do you have a firewall? It could be blocking your ICQ. Check that out,
otherwise I have no suggestions off the top of my head ATM.

Betsy
--
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with
ketchup.

Meep
July 23rd 03, 12:13 AM
As Betsy mentioned, if you use a firewall, you'll have to allow ICQ
access. I use Zone Alarm and ICQ won't connect unless I give it trusted
access in ZA