PDA

View Full Version : Update on Me & the Kids

Joelle
September 4th 03, 12:52 AM
Just thought I'd let ya all know how we are doing.

Isaac went back to public school, with a special education plan. One of the
problems was that he just cannot stay awake before 10 in the morning - so he
wouldn't do his work in school, get it for homework on top of everything else,
get overwhelmed, wouldn't do it, get even more behind, overwhelmed, well you
get the picture

So the school agreed to let him start school at 10 am- everyone agreed it does
no good to have him sleeping in class! Makes all the difference in the world.
Of course that means I have to drive him every freaking day which is a pain,
but hopefully it won't be forever.

It's been nearly two weeks and instead of coming home slamming the door and
announcing "SCHOOL SUX" every day like he used to, he comes home and announces
"CAD rocks!" CAD is Computer Assisted Drafting. He took regular drafting last
year before he got shoved off to alternate school and he loved it, but this he
really likes. This is a good career field too. So he's actually getting some
intellectual stimulation at school which was not existent at the alternate
school which I felt was preparing him to be institutionalized. So far so good.

Sarah's doing well as usual, really getting into her figure skating. Ice fees
went up and along with more lessons for her, I'm not able to pay for skating
for me right now, but I never had much time to skate anyway and was hardly
worth the ice fees I was paying for myself.

And I've got a nice boyfriend who finally seems to be okay with the parameters
I've set. When I went so long without dating all I wanted was a man and didn't
have to think about why I wanted a man. Well having a man forced me to think
about it and I realized I don't want to get married anytime soon. I don't want
to upset the applecart I've established with the kids, I finally recovered from
the gaping hole that was left with my husband's death and feel good about my
independence and just don't want to give myself in the way you must for a good
marraige. But I can give enough of myself to be a good girlfriend.

Of course now that everything seems to be going well I am expecting the roof to
fall in. Oh no, maybe I've cursed myself by this post...

Joelle

Tiffany
September 4th 03, 03:19 AM
Joelle > wrote in message
> [...]
didn't
> have to think about why I wanted a man. Well having a man forced me to
think
> about it and I realized I don't want to get married anytime soon. I don't
want
> to upset the applecart I've established with the kids, I finally recovered
from
> the gaping hole that was left with my husband's death and feel good about
my
> independence and just don't want to give myself in the way you must for a
good
> marraige. But I can give enough of myself to be a good girlfriend.
>
> Of course now that everything seems to be going well I am expecting the
roof to
> fall in. Oh no, maybe I've cursed myself by this post...

Hopefully you didn't curse yourself.... but being a minister and all, you
don't really believe in that do you? ;)

Glad everything is good. What does your son do about the classes he would
have been taking that he misses by going in at 10?

Joelle
September 4th 03, 04:25 AM
>Glad everything is good. What does your son do about the classes he would
>have been taking that he misses by going in at 10?

He's just basically missing a study hall, he might be a bit behind but we can
make it up in summer school. This semester the goal is not getting enough
credits, it's just getting through the semester.

Joelle

CME
September 4th 03, 06:36 AM
"Joelle" > wrote in message
> [...]
didn't
> have to think about why I wanted a man. Well having a man forced me to
think
> about it and I realized I don't want to get married anytime soon. I don't
want
> to upset the applecart I've established with the kids, I finally recovered
from
> the gaping hole that was left with my husband's death and feel good about
my
> independence and just don't want to give myself in the way you must for a
good
> marraige. But I can give enough of myself to be a good girlfriend.
>
> Of course now that everything seems to be going well I am expecting the
roof to
> fall in. Oh no, maybe I've cursed myself by this post...

LOL yeah, knock on wood. ;) Glad to hear things are going well... and I
identified with the part about not having enough to give for a good
marriage, but enough to be a good girlfriend. Oh btw, I had my first actual
day of classes today... kind of nerve wracking, since it's a brand new
school, and the boys started Gr. 2 smoothly, so everything's going good for
us too *knocks on wood*. lol

Christine

Dennis Here
September 4th 03, 08:22 PM
Joelle wrote in message

>Just thought I'd let ya all know how we are doing.

Isn't life great when a plan comes together.

Dennis

dolores
September 4th 03, 08:58 PM
"Joelle" > wrote in message
> [...]
didn't
> have to think about why I wanted a man. Well having a man forced me to
think
> about it and I realized I don't want to get married anytime soon. I don't
want
> to upset the applecart I've established with the kids, I finally recovered
from
> the gaping hole that was left with my husband's death and feel good about
my
> independence and just don't want to give myself in the way you must for a
good
> marraige. But I can give enough of myself to be a good girlfriend.
>
> Of course now that everything seems to be going well I am expecting the
roof to
> fall in. Oh no, maybe I've cursed myself by this post...

Good to see everything is going so well.....and sure if the roof does fall
in......ring a builder!!..

Dolores

Alex Nemeth
September 6th 03, 04:17 AM
On 03 Sep 2003 23:52:47 GMT, (Joelle) wrote:

>Just thought I'd let ya all know how we are doing.

Ok.....

<<< Selective snipping to save bandwidth >>>>

>It's been nearly two weeks and instead of coming home slamming the door and
>announcing "SCHOOL SUX" every day like he used to, he comes home and announces
>"CAD rocks!" CAD is Computer Assisted Drafting. He took regular drafting last
>year before he got shoved off to alternate school and he loved it, but this he
>really likes. This is a good career field too. So he's actually getting some
>intellectual stimulation at school which was not existent at the alternate
>school which I felt was preparing him to be institutionalized. So far so good.

Drafting is a lot of fun !!!! I haven't gotten into using CAD myself,
But I can fix all most any type of problem in it. Do I foresee some
new software being added to your computer in the near future??

I feel kinda sad about the alternate school, it's quite the opposite
here, where the alternate schools actually promote intellectual
stimulation

>Sarah's doing well as usual, really getting into her figure skating. Ice fees
>went up and along with more lessons for her, I'm not able to pay for skating
>for me right now, but I never had much time to skate anyway and was hardly
>worth the ice fees I was paying for myself.

Well you know I don't remember if you have a distaste for putting your
kids photos on the web or not, (19 hour days these last 5 are
starting to fog my brain) but anyway I wouldn't mind seeing a 15-30
second clip of your daughter doing one of her routines, in practice or
competition. Or should we wait till the Olympics ?

>And I've got a nice boyfriend who finally seems to be okay with the parameters
>I've set. When I went so long without dating all I wanted was a man and didn't
>have to think about why I wanted a man. Well having a man forced me to think
>about it and I realized I don't want to get married anytime soon. I don't want
>to upset the applecart I've established with the kids, I finally recovered from
>the gaping hole that was left with my husband's death and feel good about my
>independence and just don't want to give myself in the way you must for a good
>marraige. But I can give enough of myself to be a good girlfriend.
>
>Of course now that everything seems to be going well I am expecting the roof to
>fall in.

Only if you knock the supports out

> Oh no, maybe I've cursed myself by this post...
>
>Joelle

Joelle
September 6th 03, 04:44 AM
>I feel kinda sad about the alternate school, it's quite the opposite
>here, where the alternate schools actually promote intellectual
>stimulation

Here an alternative school is basically for behavior problems, which
technically my son was, but the idea is mostly to get them out of the way of
the "normal" kids. He sat at a desk all day, sometimes forced to face the wall
(to avoid "distractions") - and worked out of a book and did worksheets. No
computer--no lab, no special projects.

>Well you know I don't remember if you have a distaste for putting your
>kids photos on the web or not

Yes I do have a distaste for it, think there are just way too many weirdos and
I am too easy to track down. Sorry. Her next competition is in Omaha in
January.

joelle

Alex Nemeth
September 11th 03, 04:08 AM
On 06 Sep 2003 03:44:46 GMT, (Joelle) wrote:

>>Well you know I don't remember if you have a distaste for putting your
>>kids photos on the web or not
>
>Yes I do have a distaste for it, think there are just way too many weirdos and
>I am too easy to track down. Sorry. Her next competition is in Omaha in
>January.

That's understandable. Omaha.......hummmmmmmm......My brother lives &
works in Omaha, and according to my mother he's supposed to be getting
married sometime during the first part of the year, if I find out
it's in January I'll contact you off-line to see if the dates are
close.

>joelle

Strong
September 26th 03, 04:28 AM
Hi Joelle.
It is so nice to hear about your life these days. You posting much?

Pat strong aka strongv from about two years ago.

(Joelle) wrote in message >...
> Just thought I'd let ya all know how we are doing.
>
> Isaac went back to public school, with a special education plan. One of the
> problems was that he just cannot stay awake before 10 in the morning - so he
> wouldn't do his work in school, get it for homework on top of everything else,
> get overwhelmed, wouldn't do it, get even more behind, overwhelmed, well you
> get the picture
>
> So the school agreed to let him start school at 10 am- everyone agreed it does
> no good to have him sleeping in class! Makes all the difference in the world.
> Of course that means I have to drive him every freaking day which is a pain,
> but hopefully it won't be forever.
>
> It's been nearly two weeks and instead of coming home slamming the door and
> announcing "SCHOOL SUX" every day like he used to, he comes home and announces
> "CAD rocks!" CAD is Computer Assisted Drafting. He took regular drafting last
> year before he got shoved off to alternate school and he loved it, but this he
> really likes. This is a good career field too. So he's actually getting some
> intellectual stimulation at school which was not existent at the alternate
> school which I felt was preparing him to be institutionalized. So far so good.
>

> Sarah's doing well as usual, really getting into her figure skating. Ice fees
> went up and along with more lessons for her, I'm not able to pay for skating
> for me right now, but I never had much time to skate anyway and was hardly
> worth the ice fees I was paying for myself.
>
> And I've got a nice boyfriend who finally seems to be okay with the parameters
> I've set. When I went so long without dating all I wanted was a man and didn't
> have to think about why I wanted a man. Well having a man forced me to think
> about it and I realized I don't want to get married anytime soon. I don't want
> to upset the applecart I've established with the kids, I finally recovered from
> the gaping hole that was left with my husband's death and feel good about my
> independence and just don't want to give myself in the way you must for a good
> marraige. But I can give enough of myself to be a good girlfriend.
>
> Of course now that everything seems to be going well I am expecting the roof to
> fall in. Oh no, maybe I've cursed myself by this post...
>
> Joelle

Joelle
September 26th 03, 01:28 PM
>It is so nice to hear about your life these days. You posting much?

Well a blast from the past. No I don't post much. :-) Nobody does anymore,
unless we have a big ol flame war going :-)

Joelle