PDA

View Full Version : Lost and found

dolores
September 11th 03, 09:26 PM
I was watching a UK programme today called Des and Mel and they were asking
"Have you ever lost something and found it in a really weird place"....And I
though...hmmmm..no not really.....LOL...

Apparently London's "Lost and Found" take in 6000 items every day, ranging
from a barristers robes...to a 30' boat (think that's mine, must ring)....
:0))

Anyway, the kids got home from school, had dinner and soon after my I was
heading off to the beach with my son. We noticed the kittens were missing
out of their box, which is at the front door and thought maybe Doris had
brought them round the back to the utility room cos we've found them in
there once before..so thought no more about it...and set off!

Anyway, I had to take it easy cos I was reaaaaaal reaaall low on petrol and
stuck to 50mph or less and just about managed to make it to the filling
station...

At the station I got out of the car and went to get the nozzle...... and
what was just under the back of the car...........Our white
kitten..staggering and looking dazed....LOL....I could not believe my
eyes..nor could the driver that pulled in behind me...

I lifted the tiny little kitten and handed it into my son......He was
totally speechless (first time in 12 years...jabberjaws!!). Anyway, I got
on with the job of filling the petrol when my son popped his head out of the
car and said..."Mammy, I think the other two are under the car, cos I can
hear meowing........

Well we searched and searched...we checked around every wheel, under the
car, in the car......but no other kitten could be found....The station was
very busy and everyone was looking at us, wondering what we were at....Cos
all we kept saying was..."NO, it's not here...no, not here....and so on".

We couldn't find anything so I put it down to his imagination and went off
to pay for the petrol.....then I came back from paying and found him with
his head under the bonnet of the car.......lifting another kitten out of the
engine......Well I thought the London lost and found items were funny..but
kittens in the engine....well that's just ....I dunno..just!!..

I cant believe that these tiny little kittens managed to hang on for so long
cos the town is 10 miles away from our house, we were on our way to the
beach which is about 25 mins away.....and I dont drag my heels either...They
must be the luckiest kittens in the world......If I wasnt so low on petrol
my son would probably have had them out on the surf board.....If they didnt
get run over, they'd have died of fright....

BUT.....the sad part is that we cant find the third and think that maybe it
went into the engine with the other two and must have fallen off at some
point........or it jumped off at the filling station and we didnt see it....

I've spent ages trying to find the station number..and wondering excatly how
I can phrase.."Have ye found a kitten wandering round the
forecourt"...without sounding like a total nutter.

But even directory enquiries dont have their number.....so now I have to go
in. There goes my dignity *again*....LOL....

Then to top it off...I went back out to the car this evening.....and what
did the white kitten do.....follow me and go under the car!....

Spose she's an adrenalin junky!!...

Apart from that....a really boring day...rain rain and more rain!!....

Dolores

Kristen313
September 12th 03, 02:15 AM

>We couldn't find anything so I put it down to his imagination and went off
>to pay for the petrol.....then I came back from paying and found him with
>his head under the bonnet of the car.......lifting another kitten out of the
>engine......Well I thought the London lost and found items were funny..but
>kittens in the engine....well that's just ....I dunno..just!!..

Hi Dolores,
It's common for kittens/cats to be near the engines of cars---for the
warmth. Blow your horn when you start to leave next time--that usually scares
them out.
Kristen

ŠkatŠ
September 12th 03, 11:10 PM
"dolores" > wrote in message
> [...]
it
> went into the engine with the other two and must have fallen off at some
> point........or it jumped off at the filling station and we didnt see
it....

> I've spent ages trying to find the station number..and wondering excatly
how
> I can phrase.."Have ye found a kitten wandering round the
> forecourt"...without sounding like a total nutter.
>
> But even directory enquiries dont have their number.....so now I have to
go
> in. There goes my dignity *again*....LOL....
>
> Then to top it off...I went back out to the car this evening.....and what
> did the white kitten do.....follow me and go under the car!....
>
> Spose she's an adrenalin junky!!...
>
> Apart from that....a really boring day...rain rain and more rain!!....

We were at a movie theater one time, and when the movie was over and we got
to the car, we heard a cat. There was meowing coming from somewhere, but we
just couldn't figure out where the hell it was coming from...
Eventually we popped the hood and found a stupid cat sitting in there. I
don't think it drove all the way to the theater with us, but since it was
winter, and fairly cold, I assume it crawled under after we parked at the
theater, and the cat climbed into the car where it was warmer.
Moral of the story: Cats are stupid and deserve whatever trouble they put
themselves into.
On the TV, just a few mins ago, it showed a cat on top of a light pole and
couldn't get down. Something ended up scaring the cat and it lost its
balance. It ended up falling 30' (I think that's what they said) to the
road and landed on its back. It ended up being fine, but hell... Some say
cats are smart... Another piece of proof that shows me just how stupid cats
are...

P.S., Kittens are cute, while they last.

dolores
September 13th 03, 12:25 AM
"Kristen313" > wrote in message

> >We couldn't find anything so I put it down to his imagination and went
off
> >to pay for the petrol.....then I came back from paying and found him with
> >his head under the bonnet of the car.......lifting another kitten out of
the
> >engine......Well I thought the London lost and found items were
funny..but
> >kittens in the engine....well that's just ....I dunno..just!!..
> >
> Hi Dolores,
> It's common for kittens/cats to be near the engines of cars---for the
> warmth. Blow your horn when you start to leave next time--that usually
scares
> them out.
> Kristen

Awwww...they're so teeny tiny blowing the horn would probably scare them to
death or at best deafen them.....Sorry, havent the heart Kristen...Didnt
know it was common for kittens to do this though, although Doris (their mum)
has a habit of sitting ontop of the bonnet.....Kids huh!!..

Dolores

dolores
September 13th 03, 12:29 AM
"ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message
. ..

> "dolores" > wrote in message
Another piece of proof that shows me just how stupid cats
> are...

Dont think I've ever heard a cat say anything to the contrary....

> P.S., Kittens are cute, while they last.

Oh arent they just....

Dolores

Kristen313
September 13th 03, 03:53 AM
>Awwww...they're so teeny tiny blowing the horn would probably scare them to
>death or at best deafen them.....Sorry, havent the heart Kristen.

I didn't mean to blast the horn! :) Just a tap to let them know they better
move. Better than getting stuck in the engine. :(
Kristen

dolores
September 13th 03, 08:58 PM
"Kristen313" > wrote in message
> >Awwww...they're so teeny tiny blowing the horn would probably scare them
> >death or at best deafen them.....Sorry, havent the heart Kristen.
>
> I didn't mean to blast the horn! :) Just a tap to let them know they
better
> move. Better than getting stuck in the engine. :(
> Kristen

Tried it today.....and did they budge?...Not likely!!...Ended up having to
open the bonnet and pick them out!!.....Parking the car round the back of
the house from now on..lolol.....

Dolores

ŠkatŠ
September 14th 03, 07:40 PM
"dolores" > wrote in message

> "ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >
> > "dolores" > wrote in message
> Another piece of proof that shows me just how stupid cats
> > are...
>
> Dont think I've ever heard a cat say anything to the contrary....
> >
> > P.S., Kittens are cute, while they last.
>
> Oh arent they just....
>
> Dolores

They're adorable. I would have 100 kittens, if they didn't get so expensive
to feed and keep healthy, smelly (because cleaning litter boxes would be a
bitch - I currently have trouble cleaning just 3 litter boxes), and
annoying. I have 3 cats. Yes, I sure do hate cats, but I really don't
think I could go without them. Cats aren't much company, I find, but they
are some company sometimes, and really, they've pretty much become part of
the family, even though I believe they aren't as smart as some say they are.
(Sorry, I've never seen a dog climb up a tree, only to have to be rescued by
firefighters or the neighbour)