PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a long absence.

Strong
September 26th 03, 04:10 AM
Hi y'all.

I've been gone for a while but I am so glad to see that so many of you
are still here. For those of you who don't know me, I am a sort of
ex-single parent.. my kidlet is in her Jr. year of college and so has
at least one foot out of the nest. I have lurked here for a while
tonight and see that many of the same issues are still here... it is
still hardest right when divorce or abandonment are fresh, kids still
don't like it much, and they thrive best when their anxieties are
recognized and their lives are made as smooth as is possible anyway.

It is hard. It stays hard. But it is truely worth every shed tear,
bitten tounge, and sleepless night.

I'll be looking in again every once in a while so I hope to get to
know some of you more soon.

Hi Didi, Lorian, Dennis, and did I see Kate? Of course, who could not
miss Delores! I missed y'all.

Pat

Dennis Here
September 27th 03, 05:35 PM
Strong wrote in message ...
>Hi y'all.
>
>I've been gone for a while but I am so glad to see that so many of you
>are still here. For those of you who don't know me, I am a sort of
>ex-single parent..

You mean you got married?

>Hi Didi, Lorian, Dennis, and did I see Kate? Of course, who could not
>miss Delores! I missed y'all.

Missed you too Pat.
Did you make it to GB to see your daughter?
Is she still travelling?
Middle son Andrew is recently back from OZ, he was here last week for the
first time in 14 months but is now off to Italy for a years work and to
learn Italian. That will be his fifth language!
Mean while I still struggle with English!
Good to see you back again.

Dennis

dolores
October 11th 03, 05:21 PM
"Strong" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi y'all.
>
> I've been gone for a while but I am so glad to see that so many of you
> are still here. For those of you who don't know me, I am a sort of
> ex-single parent.. my kidlet is in her Jr. year of college and so has
> at least one foot out of the nest. I have lurked here for a while
> tonight and see that many of the same issues are still here... it is
> still hardest right when divorce or abandonment are fresh, kids still
> don't like it much, and they thrive best when their anxieties are
> recognized and their lives are made as smooth as is possible anyway.
>
> It is hard. It stays hard. But it is truely worth every shed tear,
> bitten tounge, and sleepless night.
>
> I'll be looking in again every once in a while so I hope to get to
> know some of you more soon.
>
> Hi Didi, Lorian, Dennis, and did I see Kate? Of course, who could not
> miss Delores! I missed y'all.
>
> Pat

Hows it going Pat? nice to see you back. Since you were last here I left
the UK and moved back to the west coast of Ireland..... I'm finally out of
the rat race and enjoying all that rural Ireland has to offer. My two lads
are loving it too, the quality of their lives has gone from poor to
fantastic and have healthy rosy cheeks and freckles to prove it....lol..so
do I!!..

I'm not posting much here these days cos I dont have the time...but it's
great to hear from you....what are you up to these days?

Dolores

Vickychick
October 14th 03, 03:04 PM
(Strong) wrote in message >...
> Hi y'all.
>
> I've been gone for a while but I am so glad to see that so many of you
> are still here. For those of you who don't know me, I am a sort of
> ex-single parent.. my kidlet is in her Jr. year of college and so has
> at least one foot out of the nest. I have lurked here for a while
> tonight and see that many of the same issues are still here... it is
> still hardest right when divorce or abandonment are fresh, kids still
> don't like it much, and they thrive best when their anxieties are
> recognized and their lives are made as smooth as is possible anyway.
>
> It is hard. It stays hard. But it is truely worth every shed tear,
> bitten tounge, and sleepless night.
>
> I'll be looking in again every once in a while so I hope to get to
> know some of you more soon.
>
> Hi Didi, Lorian, Dennis, and did I see Kate? Of course, who could not
> miss Delores! I missed y'all.
>
> Pat

Pat: I am glad to see you are well. What are you going to do when the
nest is empty????
Curious,
Vicky

turtledove
October 17th 03, 03:46 AM
Oh my gosh!

I leave for a few weeks and Pat AND Vicky come back!!!

YEAH!!!!

So glad to hear from you Pat!!

hugs,
*brianne