PDA

View Full Version : Im I wrong here, opinions needed pls....

SAH
September 28th 03, 02:14 PM
Good day,

I am in a dilemma right now and I need some feedback from parents.

I live in a state where our daughter was not old enough to begin school this
year. In some other states she could have but not here.

My wife has been hell-bent on getting her in school regardless. Somebody
told her that if she were to start school in another state where she could
legally start school, then bring her back home, then the school board
couldn't refuse her entry as she had already stated school elsewhere.

So off my wife goes and stays with relatives, enters her in school for 3
days, removes her, brings her back and takes her to our own school the
following Monday. Everything goes well until the evening off the first day
when the principle calls to tell us that due to a policy where a new student
must have at least a 4 weeks school record she will not be able to return.
My wife makes several calls to various school board people but the decision
holds.

Two weeks pass, my wife's mother come for a visit from yet another state. I
arrive home from work to find out that my wife has come to a decision to
send my daughter away with her mother for almost 3 months to attend school
to again attempt to bypass our states age law.

Through this whole process, I have not agreed with any of this. It was my
opinion that we will follow the law and she will go to school with all the
other kids go whole fall into the exact situation. I believe that it could
be harmful to send our 4 year old, almost 5, around to 2 different states to
attend school to bypass what is law in our state. I mean, 3 different
schools in 1 month, and she would be starting this third school almost 3
weeks behind. Also, there is no guaranty that it will even work now because
our local school knows what my wife is up to now. Lastly, I think it will
seems a little weird to the school staff to see my daughter return after
several weeks of absence.

Finally my question.

I'm I right or wrong here? Am I worrying about nothing ? Is my wife a loon ?
Please give me your opinion weather its in my favor or not.

Thanks for reading.

Cheatum
September 28th 03, 02:48 PM
On Sun 28 Sep 2003 09:14:10a, SAH Decided to post this message
, to the newsgroup
alt.support.single-parents

> Good day,
SNIP

> Finally my question.
>
> I'm I right or wrong here? Am I worrying about nothing ? Is my wife a
> loon ? Please give me your opinion weather its in my favor or not.
>
> Thanks for reading.

IMHO your wife is going off the deep end over education. Time for you to
wear the pants and say enough is enough. You should send your wife to
her mothers house for 3 months alone.

Cheat

Dash Ron
September 28th 03, 02:50 PM
I'd question your wife's motivation for doing this. If I were in your
shoes, I'd suggest a good full-day preschool. Kindgergarten is mainly for
socialization and the "basics", and you can get those (and more) from a good
private pre-K school.

-Ron

"SAH" > wrote in message
> Good day,
>
> I am in a dilemma right now and I need some feedback from parents.
>
> I live in a state where our daughter was not old enough to begin school
this
> year. In some other states she could have but not here.
>
> My wife has been hell-bent on getting her in school regardless. Somebody
> told her that if she were to start school in another state where she could
> legally start school, then bring her back home, then the school board
> couldn't refuse her entry as she had already stated school elsewhere.
>
> So off my wife goes and stays with relatives, enters her in school for 3
> days, removes her, brings her back and takes her to our own school the
> following Monday. Everything goes well until the evening off the first day
> when the principle calls to tell us that due to a policy where a new
student
> must have at least a 4 weeks school record she will not be able to return.
> My wife makes several calls to various school board people but the
decision
> holds.
>
> Two weeks pass, my wife's mother come for a visit from yet another state.
> arrive home from work to find out that my wife has come to a decision to
> send my daughter away with her mother for almost 3 months to attend school
> to again attempt to bypass our states age law.
>
> Through this whole process, I have not agreed with any of this. It was my
> opinion that we will follow the law and she will go to school with all the
> other kids go whole fall into the exact situation. I believe that it could
> be harmful to send our 4 year old, almost 5, around to 2 different states
> attend school to bypass what is law in our state. I mean, 3 different
> schools in 1 month, and she would be starting this third school almost 3
> weeks behind. Also, there is no guaranty that it will even work now
because
> our local school knows what my wife is up to now. Lastly, I think it will
> seems a little weird to the school staff to see my daughter return after
> several weeks of absence.
>
> Finally my question.
>
> I'm I right or wrong here? Am I worrying about nothing ? Is my wife a loon
?
> Please give me your opinion weather its in my favor or not.
>
> Thanks for reading.

Cheatum
September 28th 03, 04:25 PM
On Sun 28 Sep 2003 11:26:36a, Texas Single Mom Decided to post this
message , to the
newsgroup alt.support.single-parents

SNIP

> You've got big problems there. Your wife is making decisions that
> affect your child without regard for your wishes. Her mother is
> aiding her. Your marriage is already on the rocks and unless you both
> want to save it, you may as well say goodbye to your daughter now
> because it's as good as over between you and your wife and guess who
> is going to get custody?

Such a typical NOW empowered dykes statement. Making an assumption that
his whacky wife will retain custody of the children. From his statements
and his seeking advice, I would say any reasonable prudent person would
come to the conclusion that he and not her is the more level headed
individual.

BTW, make sure you cause your old lady to run off without the children,
make sure none of your actions are documented in the negative on your
part...then see who gets custody.

Cheat(dyke hunter)

Tiffany
September 28th 03, 07:04 PM
SAH > wrote in message
> Good day,
>
> I am in a dilemma right now and I need some feedback from parents.
>
> I live in a state where our daughter was not old enough to begin school
this
> year. In some other states she could have but not here.
>
> My wife has been hell-bent on getting her in school regardless. Somebody
> told her that if she were to start school in another state where she could
> legally start school, then bring her back home, then the school board
> couldn't refuse her entry as she had already stated school elsewhere.
>
> So off my wife goes and stays with relatives, enters her in school for 3
> days, removes her, brings her back and takes her to our own school the
> following Monday. Everything goes well until the evening off the first day
> when the principle calls to tell us that due to a policy where a new
student
> must have at least a 4 weeks school record she will not be able to return.
> My wife makes several calls to various school board people but the
decision
> holds.
>
> Two weeks pass, my wife's mother come for a visit from yet another state.
> arrive home from work to find out that my wife has come to a decision to
> send my daughter away with her mother for almost 3 months to attend school
> to again attempt to bypass our states age law.
>
> Through this whole process, I have not agreed with any of this. It was my
> opinion that we will follow the law and she will go to school with all the
> other kids go whole fall into the exact situation. I believe that it could
> be harmful to send our 4 year old, almost 5, around to 2 different states
> attend school to bypass what is law in our state. I mean, 3 different
> schools in 1 month, and she would be starting this third school almost 3
> weeks behind. Also, there is no guaranty that it will even work now
because
> our local school knows what my wife is up to now. Lastly, I think it will
> seems a little weird to the school staff to see my daughter return after
> several weeks of absence.
>
> Finally my question.
>
> I'm I right or wrong here? Am I worrying about nothing ? Is my wife a loon
?
> Please give me your opinion weather its in my favor or not.
>
> Thanks for reading.

You need to sit down with your wife and really talk this out. That the
daughter is already enrolled in the other state and temp. with your mother
in law, you should tread very lightly. Why is your wife so insistent that
your daughter be in school early rather then a good pre-school program? Is
she self motivated or does she really think your daughter is that advanced?
I see that others have posted in reply, seemingly suggesting that your
marriage could be on the brinks but this is really a matter that can be
discussed and worked out. If you two can't figure it out, talk to a
professional. It does seem bizarre to me, moving the child around just to
enroll in kindergarten early. Its kindergarten for christ sake. lol

Joelle
September 28th 03, 09:14 PM
Your wife sounds pretty loony to me, but the important question is, what can
you do? If you have so little power or rights in this instance, what say are
you going to have in other decisions?

I think you need to call a lawyer, although it sounds like it's gonna be hell
trying to make joint decisions regarding your poor daughter. She's the one I
feel sorry for.

Joelle

AMY S
September 30th 03, 04:55 AM
hello
i agree with the last person that wrote to you i think their name was t.
any way i think you are right your wife should just let it be she also
should take in consideration what your daughter could be thinking and
how confuesing this could be makeing her, pluss be taken away for three
months from her family is that realy worth it i would think not . i know
i could not do it to my son we have the same law here on the cape my son
just makes the deadline for next year but i am 34 years old and they had
the same rule when i started kidnergarten and i did not start till i was
six did i notice or did i care of course not were ther kids my age there
i am sure there were but to me i was just happy to be there with new
friends. good luck in what ever happens.

bye bye A

Go_Chiefs
December 23rd 03, 05:30 PM
SAH wrote:

> Good day,
>

> Finally my question.
>
> I'm I right or wrong here? Am I worrying about nothing ? Is my wife a loon ?
> Please give me your opinion weather its in my favor or not.
>
> Thanks for reading.

You are both... You ARE right in part that she's a loon BUT lets
look at this from her POV

Age-Grade
04-K
05-1
06-2
07-3
08-4
09-5
10-6
11-7
12-8
13-9
14-10
15-11
16-12
17-12
18-12

So in short by the time she is 16 she has fulfilled all the
REQUIREMENTS for Graduation. Now she can spend the next two
years preparing for her College Studies.

Lets say She Learns Pre Algebra in 8th Grade Algebra in 9th.
THen she can move up the mathematical ladder taking Calc, Trig.
& other such things.

So starting now gives her a jump on college & she will have MORE
time to learn something.

So The loon DOES benefit your daughter by starting her now.

Ike