PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Jen
October 15th 03, 08:39 PM
I just ran across this newgroup and I thought I would introduce myself and
say hello. I am looking for other single parents to talk to about the daily
struggles of being a parent. Between my college classes, work, and being a
full time parent to a very active 2 1/2 year old I havent met to many other
single parents. Anyway, thats about it. I hope everyones day is going well
and I can't wait to chat with all of you.

Jennifer Luttrell

Lisa aka Surfer
October 15th 03, 11:18 PM
Hi Jen, welcome aboard :)

I remember when my son was that age, I felt so isolated, even living in the
heart of a lovely city. Especially if your friends are still single like
mine were. It's a busy time for sure.

Lisa

"Jen" > wrote in message
> I just ran across this newgroup and I thought I would introduce myself and
> say hello. I am looking for other single parents to talk to about the
daily
> struggles of being a parent. Between my college classes, work, and being
> full time parent to a very active 2 1/2 year old I havent met to many
other
> single parents. Anyway, thats about it. I hope everyones day is going
well
> and I can't wait to chat with all of you.
>
> Jennifer Luttrell

CME
October 16th 03, 05:07 AM
"Jen" > wrote in message
> I just ran across this newgroup and I thought I would introduce myself and
> say hello. I am looking for other single parents to talk to about the
daily
> struggles of being a parent. Between my college classes, work, and being
> full time parent to a very active 2 1/2 year old I havent met to many
other
> single parents. Anyway, thats about it. I hope everyones day is going
well
> and I can't wait to chat with all of you.
>
> Jennifer Luttrell

Welcome to the group. I'm in University full time with 7 1/2 year old twin
boys, so I know where you're coming from. lol

Christine

Blu Dlphn03
October 17th 03, 09:13 PM
my name is amanda. i too am a single parent looking for other people to talk
to. the only difference between me and you is that my son is 2 months old. but
i am starting school in january. and i am working again. so please write me
back.

bye, amanda

CME
October 17th 03, 11:26 PM
"Blu Dlphn03" > wrote in message
> my name is amanda. i too am a single parent looking for other people to
talk
> to. the only difference between me and you is that my son is 2 months
old. but
> i am starting school in january. and i am working again. so please write
me
> back.
>
> bye, amanda

What are you taking in school? I found that school and working was just too
much on my plate, so I took out student loans, and although I'm going to owe
a bundle, there are a lot of grants and bursaries available because I'm a
single parent...

Christine

CME
October 18th 03, 02:38 AM
"Jen" > wrote in message
> Christine ~
>
> I dont know where you are at, but if you have found single parent
resources
> when it comes to finacial aid and grants, scholarships ect I would really
> appreciate any and all information. I know that they exist...I just
havent
> had any luck finding them so far. I have quite a bit in student loans and
> even if I could get anothe 100 bucks that would help. Every penny matters
> when your scraping. I hope to talk to you soon
>
> Jennifer

Well I'm in Alberta, Canada so if you're Canadian, I can help you out a bit
for info.

Christine

ŠkatŠ
October 18th 03, 04:59 AM
"CME" > wrote in message

> "Jen" > wrote in message
> > Christine ~
> >
> > I dont know where you are at, but if you have found single parent
> resources
> > when it comes to finacial aid and grants, scholarships ect I would
really
> > appreciate any and all information. I know that they exist...I just
> havent
> > had any luck finding them so far. I have quite a bit in student loans
and
> > even if I could get anothe 100 bucks that would help. Every penny
matters
> > when your scraping. I hope to talk to you soon
> >
> > Jennifer
> >

> Well I'm in Alberta, Canada so if you're Canadian, I can help you out a
bit
> for info.
>
> Christine

Since we're on this topic, I think I need some help from you whenever you're
not so busy with life in general. I'm having real problems with getting
school junk in order, again, and I really, really, REALLY don't want to miss
another year of school... Sucks when you can't afford to go to school and
can't afford to not go to school.
Ugh... Rough as hell and very ****ty week.

Jen
October 18th 03, 06:46 AM
Well, I am actually in the United States, Idaho state to be exact. To bad
we arent from the same area

Jennifer

CME
October 18th 03, 09:23 AM
"ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message
> "CME" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Jen" > wrote in message
> > > Christine ~
> > >
> > > I dont know where you are at, but if you have found single parent
> > resources
> > > when it comes to finacial aid and grants, scholarships ect I would
> really
> > > appreciate any and all information. I know that they exist...I just
> > havent
> > > had any luck finding them so far. I have quite a bit in student loans
> and
> > > even if I could get anothe 100 bucks that would help. Every penny
> matters
> > > when your scraping. I hope to talk to you soon
> > >
> > > Jennifer
> > >

> > Well I'm in Alberta, Canada so if you're Canadian, I can help you out a
> bit
> > for info.
> >
> > Christine
> >
> Since we're on this topic, I think I need some help from you whenever
you're
> not so busy with life in general. I'm having real problems with getting
> school junk in order, again, and I really, really, REALLY don't want to
miss
> another year of school... Sucks when you can't afford to go to school and
> can't afford to not go to school.
> Ugh... Rough as hell and very ****ty week.

Yeah, I hear that... well give me a shout... do you still have my # or
better yet, just MSN me.

Christine

Tiffany
October 18th 03, 11:58 AM
Jen > wrote in message
> Well, I am actually in the United States, Idaho state to be exact. To bad
> we arent from the same area
>
> Jennifer

If you have applied for students loans, that info will apply to applying for
grants. So if you have student loans and no grants, you must not have been
as bad off as they think you should to get free money. I for one, have
gotten most of my education in loans, only a few bucks were in grants.

Jen
October 18th 03, 06:19 PM
I did qualify for the maximum amount in a pell grant, but I have also taken
out loans to help curb the cost of living expenses so I'm not killing myself
in overtime trying to make ends meet with the added school expenses. I just
know that the scholarships and other grants are on your own to find , the
university don't look all that info up for us.

Jennifer

CME
October 18th 03, 09:31 PM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> Jen > wrote in message
> > Well, I am actually in the United States, Idaho state to be exact. To
bad
> > we arent from the same area
> >
> > Jennifer
> >

> If you have applied for students loans, that info will apply to applying
for
> grants. So if you have student loans and no grants, you must not have been
> as bad off as they think you should to get free money. I for one, have
> gotten most of my education in loans, only a few bucks were in grants.

Hmmm up here it's alittle different. You apply for a loan, and you can only
receive $10,000 a year in loans the rest is made up of grants and bursaries,
based on your expenses. Not to mention we have student housing, or
subsidized housing is another option to reduce your expenses. So on top of
that, you can apply for funding through your educational institution and
receive any scholarships or grants that way as well.

Christine

ŠkatŠ
October 20th 03, 06:31 AM
"CME" > wrote in message

> "ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message
> > "CME" > wrote in message

> > > resources
> > really
> > > havent
> > and
> > matters

> > > Well I'm in Alberta, Canada so if you're Canadian, I can help you out
> > bit
> > > for info.
> > >
> > > Christine
> > >
> > Since we're on this topic, I think I need some help from you whenever
> you're
> > not so busy with life in general. I'm having real problems with getting
> > school junk in order, again, and I really, really, REALLY don't want to
> miss
> > another year of school... Sucks when you can't afford to go to school
and
> > can't afford to not go to school.
> > Ugh... Rough as hell and very ****ty week.
> >

> Yeah, I hear that... well give me a shout... do you still have my # or
> better yet, just MSN me.
>
> Christine

Meh... I do still have your number... Uninstalled M$N for a while, but I put
it back on... Just don't seem to have any ambition or energy to do things
that need to be done lately... Things are pretty ****ed up lately, and I'm
not sure why... Ugh... Beginning of a new week, and instead of being a new
start, it's a continuation of a really ****ty week.

ŠkatŠ
October 20th 03, 06:36 AM
"CME" > wrote in message

> "Tiffany" > wrote in message
> >
> > Jen > wrote in message
> > > Well, I am actually in the United States, Idaho state to be exact. To
> bad
> > > we arent from the same area
> > >
> > > Jennifer
> > >

> > If you have applied for students loans, that info will apply to applying
> for
> > grants. So if you have student loans and no grants, you must not have
been
> > as bad off as they think you should to get free money. I for one, have
> > gotten most of my education in loans, only a few bucks were in grants.

> Hmmm up here it's alittle different. You apply for a loan, and you can
only
> receive $10,000 a year in loans the rest is made up of grants and
bursaries,
> based on your expenses. Not to mention we have student housing, or
> subsidized housing is another option to reduce your expenses. So on top
of
> that, you can apply for funding through your educational institution and
> receive any scholarships or grants that way as well.
>
> Christine

$10,000??? Wow... Was I ever given wrong information! The guy I talked to
a while back at the mall on the north side (where you apply for loans and
all that) said that it was something like up to 5g that you had to pay back
or something... Eh, I can't remember...

CME
October 20th 03, 04:10 PM
"ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message

> "CME" > wrote in message
> >
> > "ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message
> > > "CME" > wrote in message

> > > really
> loans
> > > and
> > > matters

> > > bit

> > > Since we're on this topic, I think I need some help from you whenever
> > you're
> > > not so busy with life in general. I'm having real problems with
getting
> > > school junk in order, again, and I really, really, REALLY don't want
> > miss
> > > another year of school... Sucks when you can't afford to go to school
> and
> > > can't afford to not go to school.
> > > Ugh... Rough as hell and very ****ty week.
> > >

> > Yeah, I hear that... well give me a shout... do you still have my # or
> > better yet, just MSN me.
> >
> > Christine
> >

> Meh... I do still have your number... Uninstalled M$N for a while, but I
put
> it back on... Just don't seem to have any ambition or energy to do things
> that need to be done lately... Things are pretty ****ed up lately, and I'm
> not sure why... Ugh... Beginning of a new week, and instead of being a new
> start, it's a continuation of a really ****ty week.

I felt that way the past 2 weeks... kids and I had a touch of the flu too,
so I missed alot of school and I feel sooooo behind. But it's time to get
my lily white ass into gear. Someone want to give me a boost? How about a
push start?

Christine

CME
October 20th 03, 04:18 PM
"ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message

> "CME" > wrote in message

> > bad

> > > If you have applied for students loans, that info will apply to
applying
> > for
> > > grants. So if you have student loans and no grants, you must not have
> been
> > > as bad off as they think you should to get free money. I for one, have
> > > gotten most of my education in loans, only a few bucks were in grants.

> > Hmmm up here it's alittle different. You apply for a loan, and you can
> only
> > receive $10,000 a year in loans the rest is made up of grants and
> bursaries,
> > based on your expenses. Not to mention we have student housing, or
> > subsidized housing is another option to reduce your expenses. So on top
> of
> > that, you can apply for funding through your educational institution and
> > receive any scholarships or grants that way as well.
> >
> > Christine
> >

> $10,000??? Wow... Was I ever given wrong information! The guy I talked
> a while back at the mall on the north side (where you apply for loans and
> all that) said that it was something like up to 5g that you had to pay
back
> or something... Eh, I can't remember...

For an 8th month period of schooling, they usually give you about $5000 in
loans, but since I take intersession (spring and summer) the max I can
receive per year is $10,000. Now for an undergraduate degree, you have a
lifetime max of $40,000 and that usually includes ANY type of schooling
after highschool, which in my opinion is bull****. But if you've paid off
any previous student loans for schooling etc, they will re-evaluate your
benefit. Now, when it comes to paying your loans back when you are finished
your degree... there is remission. Usually single parents are given quite
the break in that they only have to pay back alittle more than half.
Soooooo going to school right now is an excellent option. Oh and Kat, one
thing you should be aware of, is Disability related grants. Go to your
school's Student Disability office and they will tell you more, but you can
receive a grant for disability related expenses, like tutoring, tape
recorder, exams in seclusion... anything that will help you succeed in
school.

Christine

ŠkatŠ
October 22nd 03, 12:34 AM
"CME" > wrote in message

> "ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message
> >
> > "CME" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > "ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message

> just
> > loans

> out

> > > you're
> getting
> > > miss
> > and
> > > >

> > > Yeah, I hear that... well give me a shout... do you still have my # or
> > > better yet, just MSN me.
> > >
> > > Christine
> > >

> > Meh... I do still have your number... Uninstalled M$N for a while, but I
> put
> > it back on... Just don't seem to have any ambition or energy to do
things
> > that need to be done lately... Things are pretty ****ed up lately, and
I'm
> > not sure why... Ugh... Beginning of a new week, and instead of being a
new
> > start, it's a continuation of a really ****ty week.
> >

> I felt that way the past 2 weeks... kids and I had a touch of the flu too,
> so I missed alot of school and I feel sooooo behind. But it's time to get
> my lily white ass into gear. Someone want to give me a boost? How about
> push start?
>
> Christine

Don't ask for a push from me right now... You'll end up at the bottom of a
flight of stairs or pushed into an aquarium of fish to drown like poor
Bernard the Bird... </3 Had to get Wes to come all the way over to scoop it
out of the water...

ŠkatŠ
October 22nd 03, 12:36 AM
"CME" > wrote in message

> "ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message
> >
> > "CME" > wrote in message

> > > bad

> applying
> > > for
> > been

> > > Hmmm up here it's alittle different. You apply for a loan, and you
can
> > only
> > > receive $10,000 a year in loans the rest is made up of grants and
> > bursaries,
> > > based on your expenses. Not to mention we have student housing, or
> > > subsidized housing is another option to reduce your expenses. So on
top
> > of
> > > that, you can apply for funding through your educational institution
and
> > > receive any scholarships or grants that way as well.
> > >
> > > Christine
> > >

> > $10,000??? Wow... Was I ever given wrong information! The guy I
talked
> > a while back at the mall on the north side (where you apply for loans
and
> > all that) said that it was something like up to 5g that you had to pay
> back
> > or something... Eh, I can't remember...
> >

> For an 8th month period of schooling, they usually give you about $5000 in
> loans, but since I take intersession (spring and summer) the max I can
> receive per year is $10,000. Now for an undergraduate degree, you have a
> lifetime max of $40,000 and that usually includes ANY type of schooling
> after highschool, which in my opinion is bull****. But if you've paid off
> any previous student loans for schooling etc, they will re-evaluate your
> benefit. Now, when it comes to paying your loans back when you are
finished
> your degree... there is remission. Usually single parents are given quite
> the break in that they only have to pay back alittle more than half.
> Soooooo going to school right now is an excellent option. Oh and Kat, one
> thing you should be aware of, is Disability related grants. Go to your
> school's Student Disability office and they will tell you more, but you
can
> receive a grant for disability related expenses, like tutoring, tape
> recorder, exams in seclusion... anything that will help you succeed in
> school.
>
> Christine

Yea, I really, really need to get into the school to talk to ANYONE. All
these problems lately have left me wasted and spent, and I feel like I'm
just sort of chasing my tail...

Dennis Here
October 26th 03, 10:40 AM
Jen wrote in message ...
> I just ran across this newgroup and I thought I would introduce myself and
>say hello.

Greetings from Ireland

Dennis, three boys

Dennis Here
October 26th 03, 10:41 AM
Blu Dlphn03 wrote in message

>my name is amanda. i too am a single parent looking for other people to
talk
>to.

Greetings from Ireland

Dennis, three boys

Paul Griffiths
November 3rd 03, 08:59 AM
"Blu Dlphn03" > wrote in message

> my name is amanda. i too am a single parent looking for other people to
talk
> to. the only difference between me and you is that my son is 2 months
old. but
> i am starting school in january. and i am working again. so please write
me
> back.

Then welcome to you too and the same apology for taking so long to reply.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
November 3rd 03, 09:03 AM
"CME" > wrote in message
> "ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message

<snip>

> > Meh... I do still have your number... Uninstalled M$N for a while, but I
> > put it back on... Just don't seem to have any ambition or energy to do
things
> > that need to be done lately... Things are pretty ****ed up lately, and
I'm
> > not sure why... Ugh... Beginning of a new week, and instead of being a
new
> > start, it's a continuation of a really ****ty week.
> >

> I felt that way the past 2 weeks... kids and I had a touch of the flu too,
> so I missed alot of school and I feel sooooo behind. But it's time to get
> my lily white ass into gear. Someone want to give me a boost? How about
> push start?

I could do with one of those too. I have a feeling it's a SAD thing.

Mind you the mention of your lilly white arse helped a lot. ;-)

--
Paul Griffiths