PDA

View Full Version : Hi to alll single parents.38m in ca.

Mark Dodson
October 18th 03, 07:35 PM
Hi am a single dad of 2 children, I just want to say I respect all of
you ladies doing it on your own . Raising children is such a challenge,
as it is . I have been doing it for 8 years now , and just wanted to say
thanks.

CME
October 18th 03, 09:43 PM
"Mark Dodson" > wrote in message
> Hi am a single dad of 2 children, I just want to say I respect all of
> you ladies doing it on your own . Raising children is such a challenge,
> as it is . I have been doing it for 8 years now , and just wanted to say
> thanks.

Ladies AND gentlemen... there are quite a number of single dads here as
well. So welcome to the group...

Christine
(Single mom of 7.5 year old twin boys)

©kat©
October 20th 03, 06:28 AM
"Mark Dodson" > wrote in message
> Hi am a single dad of 2 children, I just want to say I respect all of
> you ladies doing it on your own . Raising children is such a challenge,
> as it is . I have been doing it for 8 years now , and just wanted to say
> thanks.

Hi and welcome from Alberta, Canada.
I'm Kat, 20 years old, my offspring are almost 3 and almost 4, and both
boys.

Paul Griffiths
October 24th 03, 09:24 PM
"CME" > wrote in message
> "Mark Dodson" > wrote in message

> > Hi am a single dad of 2 children, I just want to say I respect all of
> > you ladies doing it on your own . Raising children is such a challenge,
> > as it is . I have been doing it for 8 years now , and just wanted to say
> > thanks.
>
> Ladies AND gentlemen... there are quite a number of single dads here as
> well.

True but I'm not sure we're all gentlemen.

Actually, I'm not sure all the women are ladies either but that's not
necessarily a bad thing IMHO. ;-)

> So welcome to the group...

Indeed.

--
Paul Griffiths

©kat©
October 25th 03, 06:15 PM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "CME" > wrote in message
> > "Mark Dodson" > wrote in message
>
> > > Hi am a single dad of 2 children, I just want to say I respect all of
> > > you ladies doing it on your own . Raising children is such a
challenge,
> > > as it is . I have been doing it for 8 years now , and just wanted to
say
> > > thanks.
> >
> > Ladies AND gentlemen... there are quite a number of single dads here as
> > well.
>
> True but I'm not sure we're all gentlemen.
>
> Actually, I'm not sure all the women are ladies either but that's not
> necessarily a bad thing IMHO. ;-)

I resent that. We are ALL proper ladies around here, but when you get the
old **** coming in and being a complete dork, some of these fine ladies turn
into psycho-bitches.
Keeps things real around here.

(No offence to any of you ladies out there! :̃ lol)

> > So welcome to the group...
>
> Indeed.
>

> --
> Paul Griffiths

Dennis Here
October 26th 03, 10:46 AM
Mark Dodson wrote in message

Hi am a single dad of 2 children, I just want to say I respect all of
you ladies doing it on your own .

So you don't respect the men doing it on their own?
Sexist peeeg!

Dennis ;-)

Paul Griffiths
October 26th 03, 11:57 AM
"©kat©" > wrote in message
> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> > "CME" > wrote in message

<snip>

> > > Ladies AND gentlemen... there are quite a number of single dads here
as
> > > well.
> >
> > True but I'm not sure we're all gentlemen.
> >
> > Actually, I'm not sure all the women are ladies either but that's not
> > necessarily a bad thing IMHO. ;-)
>
> I resent that.

You don't need to do that but I respect your freedom of choice so resent
away. ;-)

Old ****?

> Keeps things real around here.

Prolly depends on your definition of real I'd say.

> (No offence to any of you ladies out there! :̃ lol)

As if they'd take offence at anything posted in a newsgroup anyway. :-̃

--
Paul Griffiths

©kat©
October 26th 03, 07:15 PM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "©kat©" > wrote in message
> > "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> > > "CME" > wrote in message
>
> <snip>

> as
> > >
> > > True but I'm not sure we're all gentlemen.
> > >
> > > Actually, I'm not sure all the women are ladies either but that's not
> > > necessarily a bad thing IMHO. ;-)
> >
> > I resent that.
>
> You don't need to do that but I respect your freedom of choice so resent
> away. ;-)

Haha should have put the classic "el-oh-el" with that first line...

> > We are ALL proper ladies around here, but when you get the old ****
> > coming in and being a complete dork, some of these fine ladies turn
> > into psycho-bitches.
>
> Old ****?

Nothing came to mind... I was really at a loss for words when I thought
about some of the garbage around here lately.

> > Keeps things real around here.
>
> Prolly depends on your definition of real I'd say.

Real as in 'real entertainment' at times. My life, lately, has been full of
stress, dead pets and no time. It's nice to come here and be able to read
something that seems more like a real life than what mine has been lately.

> > (No offence to any of you ladies out there! :̃ lol)
>
> As if they'd take offence at anything posted in a newsgroup anyway. :-̃

Haha, you're totally right.

> --
> Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
October 28th 03, 09:23 AM
"©kat©" > wrote in message
> "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> > "©kat©" > wrote in message
> > > "Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message

<snip>

> > > I resent that.
> >
> > You don't need to do that but I respect your freedom of choice so resent
> > away. ;-)
>
> Haha should have put the classic "el-oh-el" with that first line...

I think most folks in here probably know me by now, don't you?

> > > We are ALL proper ladies around here, but when you get the old ****
> > > coming in and being a complete dork, some of these fine ladies turn
> > > into psycho-bitches.
> >
> > Old ****?
>
> Nothing came to mind... I was really at a loss for words when I thought
> about some of the garbage around here lately.

Fair enough.

> > > Keeps things real around here.
> >
> > Prolly depends on your definition of real I'd say.
>
> Real as in 'real entertainment' at times.

Good point. :-)

> My life, lately, has been full of stress, dead pets and no time.

I can empathise. Sounds like you've been having a rough time.

> It's nice to come here and be able to read something that seems more
> like a real life than what mine has been lately.

I know *that* feeling too. At various points I think my life wouldn't even
have been good enough to be a bad novel.

> > > (No offence to any of you ladies out there! :̃ lol)
> >
> > As if they'd take offence at anything posted in a newsgroup anyway. :-̃
>
> Haha, you're totally right.

Just keep that in mind and we'll get along just fine. ;-)

--
Paul Griffiths

Vickychick
October 28th 03, 06:56 PM
(Mark Dodson) wrote in message >...
> Hi am a single dad of 2 children, I just want to say I respect all of
> you ladies doing it on your own . Raising children is such a challenge,
> as it is . I have been doing it for 8 years now , and just wanted to say
> thanks.

We have equal respect for men as well.
Welcome. I have been doing it for oh....let's see.....about 8 as well...
fun isn't it?
Vicky