PDA

View Full Version : Support song

Mike
October 26th 03, 10:21 PM
Hi,

I've looked into this group from time to time. Hopefully I won't get flamed
for this but I thought I might point out a song that helps me from time to
time, Juice Newton 'Love's been a little bit hard on me'. It helps me and
hopefully will help some other people too. Makes me feel I can hold my head
up again. I've been looking after my daughter solo for a year and a bit now
(she's 4 going on 5) and I still get these maudlin, self pity moments every
once in a while where I fire up the Juice Newton, lean back and unwind a
bit. One of the things I found hardest was coming round to the realisation
that I am not neccessarily evil just because our marriage did not work out
and I would like to say anyone else who is beating themselves up about the
same you are not alone, I think a lot of us do it, I hope we get over it
completely sometime but stuff like music and knowing other people are
managing helps me personally do deal with it.

turtledove
October 27th 03, 04:05 AM
<'Kate> wrote in message ...
> On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:21:08 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" >
> >Hi,
> >
> >I've looked into this group from time to time. Hopefully I won't get
flamed
> >for this but I thought I might point out a song that helps me from time
> >time, Juice Newton 'Love's been a little bit hard on me'. It helps me and
> >hopefully will help some other people too. Makes me feel I can hold my
head
> >up again. I've been looking after my daughter solo for a year and a bit
now
> >(she's 4 going on 5) and I still get these maudlin, self pity moments
every
> >once in a while where I fire up the Juice Newton, lean back and unwind a
> >bit. One of the things I found hardest was coming round to the
realisation
> >that I am not neccessarily evil just because our marriage did not work
out
> >and I would like to say anyone else who is beating themselves up about
the
> >same you are not alone, I think a lot of us do it, I hope we get over it
> >completely sometime but stuff like music and knowing other people are
> >managing helps me personally do deal with it.
> >

> That's a very nice suggestion! Music helps me too. Lately, it's been
> jazz. I use to hate jazz. Now it relaxes me.
>
> 'Kate

Metallica... REALLY REALLY LOUD!!!

Then a CD of songs I can really sing to. Then proceed to sing them as LOUD
as I can.

Yeah! That's the way to get it out of my system!

hugs,
*b

Dennis Here
October 27th 03, 09:08 PM
Mike wrote in message ...
>Hi,
>
>I've looked into this group from time to time.

Hi Mike and greetings from Ireland

Dennis

Dennis Here
October 27th 03, 09:14 PM
turtledove wrote in message ...

><'Kate> wrote in message

>> That's a very nice suggestion! Music helps me too. Lately, it's been
>> jazz. I use to hate jazz. Now it relaxes me.
>
>Metallica... REALLY REALLY LOUD!!!
>
>Then a CD of songs I can really sing to. Then proceed to sing them as LOUD
>as I can.
>
>Yeah! That's the way to get it out of my system!

I went for the heavy stuff as well, mainly Led Zep as well as a lot of blues
music. The trouble was that after a while it all became too depressing and
when I looked over my CD's for something lively, there wasn't one!
Far more balanced now but I still give "Dazed and Confused" a nostalgic
blast occasionally.

Dennis

ŠkatŠ
October 27th 03, 11:10 PM
"Dennis Here" oureply>
wrote in message ...

> turtledove wrote in message ...
> >
> ><'Kate> wrote in message
>
> >> That's a very nice suggestion! Music helps me too. Lately, it's been
> >> jazz. I use to hate jazz. Now it relaxes me.
> >
> >Metallica... REALLY REALLY LOUD!!!
> >
> >Then a CD of songs I can really sing to. Then proceed to sing them as
LOUD
> >as I can.
> >
> >Yeah! That's the way to get it out of my system!
>

> I went for the heavy stuff as well, mainly Led Zep as well as a lot of
blues
> music. The trouble was that after a while it all became too depressing and
> when I looked over my CD's for something lively, there wasn't one!
> Far more balanced now but I still give "Dazed and Confused" a nostalgic
> blast occasionally.
>
> Dennis

Wow... Heavy stuff = Metallica? I always thought they were crybabies...
C'mon... Metallica, in ukrainian, means butterfly. I find Led Zep great,
but I guess I'm still a baby... I've, lately, been listening to a lot of the
usual... Hatebreed, In Flames, Earth Crisis, Minor Threat... I've also been
listening to the older stuff I've always loved; Joy Division, The Church,
Sonic Youth, Echo & the Bunnymen... Music is definitely my second life, when
that second life pokes out from the shadows once in a blue moon lately...

Andrew
October 28th 03, 10:19 PM
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the greetings, nice to feel welcomed, I am just across the water
from you in England. My apologies, I posted a couple of messages using an
account I set up as a demo for a friend. Deleted the account now and put my
name back in properties, my name actually Andrew, not Mike.
Best regards,

Andrew

"Dennis Here" oureply>
wrote in message ...

> Mike wrote in message ...
> >Hi,
> >
> >I've looked into this group from time to time.
>
> Hi Mike and greetings from Ireland
>
> Dennis

Dennis Here
October 30th 03, 07:40 PM
Andrew wrote in message ...

>Hi Dennis,
>
>Thanks for the greetings, nice to feel welcomed, I am just across the water
>from you in England.

I am also English, from Devon, but have lived here for the last 13 years.

Dennis

turtledove
November 2nd 03, 01:05 AM
"ŠkatŠ" > wrote in message

> "Dennis Here" oureply>
> wrote in message ...
> >
> > turtledove wrote in message ...

> > >Metallica... REALLY REALLY LOUD!!!
> > >
> > >Then a CD of songs I can really sing to. Then proceed to sing them as
> LOUD
> > >as I can.
> > >
> > >Yeah! That's the way to get it out of my system!
> >

> > I went for the heavy stuff as well, mainly Led Zep as well as a lot of
> blues
> > music. The trouble was that after a while it all became too depressing
and
> > when I looked over my CD's for something lively, there wasn't one!
> > Far more balanced now but I still give "Dazed and Confused" a nostalgic
> > blast occasionally.
> >
> > Dennis
> >

> Wow... Heavy stuff = Metallica? I always thought they were crybabies...
> C'mon... Metallica, in ukrainian, means butterfly. I find Led Zep great,
> but I guess I'm still a baby... I've, lately, been listening to a lot of
the
> usual... Hatebreed, In Flames, Earth Crisis, Minor Threat... I've also
been
> listening to the older stuff I've always loved; Joy Division, The Church,
> Sonic Youth, Echo & the Bunnymen... Music is definitely my second life,
when
> that second life pokes out from the shadows once in a blue moon lately...

Kat, I'm so excited to see someone else who loves The Church!
I love Metallica because of the whole base line and drum lines. They rock!
:-)!!

Though I'm more an electronica girl now.

hugs,
*b