PDA

View Full Version : NYC (Brooklyn) apartment help for a single dad

Tony Tower
November 6th 03, 07:58 PM
Hello all -

I am not a single dad (nor do I play one on TV), but one of my best friends is.
He is having a terrible time finding an apartment share that can accomodate him
and his daughter since he split with his wife.

Does anyone know of any web (or other) resources I can point him to to help him
find an apartment share that's friendly to part-time (he has custody 2-3 days
per week) child custody? Are there message boards or services targeting this
demographic?

He'd prefer Brooklyn, as that is near his ex-wife's residence.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

- Tony
- Tony Tower

"There's more things to do than explain the bloody obvious to people who sleep
on Superman bedsheets." - Warren Ellis

Tony Tower
November 7th 03, 08:01 PM
>>Does anyone know of any web (or other) resources I can point him to to help
>him
>>find an apartment share that's friendly to part-time (he has custody 2-3
>days
>>per week) child custody? Are there message boards or services targeting this
>>demographic?
>>
>>Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>>
>>- Tony

>http://newyork.craigslist.org/
>Besides, it's fun to read.

He and I are well aware of craigslist. It is a great site, you're right. Just
wondering if there was anything specifically targeted for single parents.

Thanks,

Tony
>'Kate

kat
November 18th 03, 07:21 PM
<'Kate> wrote in message ...
> On 07 Nov 2003 20:01:34 GMT, (Tony Tower)
> >>him
> >>days

> >>http://newyork.craigslist.org/
> >>Besides, it's fun to read.
> >
> >He and I are well aware of craigslist. It is a great site, you're right.
Just
> >wondering if there was anything specifically targeted for single parents.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Tony
>
> How the hell would I know? Do you think we have an underground
> newspaper full of apartment ads that are ONLY for single parents and you
> haven't been invited to subscribe? Actually, we do but it's for women
> only. :-)
>
> 'Kate

You're sneaky.
Speaking of sneaky, I haven't gotten my subscription this month. Did you
give it to someone who could actually use it? That's just wrong. Shame on
me.

kat
November 21st 03, 06:24 PM
<'Kate> wrote in message ...
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:21:45 GMT, "kat" >
> >
> ><'Kate> wrote in message
>
> >> How the hell would I know? Do you think we have an underground
> >> newspaper full of apartment ads that are ONLY for single parents and
you
> >> haven't been invited to subscribe? Actually, we do but it's for women
> >> only. :-)
> >>
> >> 'Kate
> >
> >You're sneaky.
> >Speaking of sneaky, I haven't gotten my subscription this month. Did you
> >give it to someone who could actually use it? That's just wrong. Shame
on
> >me.
>
> I suspect you'll have to e-mail the secret address and resubscribe. <g>
>
> 'Kate

Yea, that secret email address is still , right?

kat
November 21st 03, 11:06 PM
<'Kate> wrote in message ...
> On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 18:24:18 GMT, "kat" >
> >
> ><'Kate> wrote in message
> >> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:21:45 GMT, "kat" >

> >you

Shame
> >on
> >>
> >> I suspect you'll have to e-mail the secret address and resubscribe.
<g>

> >> 'Kate
> >>

> >Yea, that secret email address is still , right?
>
> Switch the second and third x and that's it.

OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! That woman told me it was how I typed it all out!
The nerve of some people! Why don't you people around here like me?? What
did I ever do to you? All's I want to do is be as 1337 as all of you!