PDA

View Full Version : Re: Brian Betsworth

gini52
June 24th 03, 12:19 AM
"Mel Gamble" > wrote in message
> >How are the little ones?
>
> It isn't going to be easy letting go.... : (
>
> My daughter is keeping one, although we're going to let him get big enough
> defend himself before she tries to move him to mom's house.
>
> The rest moved into a 30-foot diameter round pen yesterday (Saturday) that
> started building them when I saw how cramped a 10 x 10 was for all 8 of
them.
> The goat had been using a portion of the lawn the pen is built on and left
> bit of shaggy hair behind. She's an Angora and every fall puts on a heavy
wool
> coat which comes off in shaggy pieces in the spring. It made for a great
> tug-of-war : ) They seem to like all the space. They've gotten very into
> wrestling and chasing each other, a real cute show... And each one is
> developing a personality. I think it was a mistake to name them.
>
> We gave them their first round of shots last week. I made up some sheets
with
> good pictures of each puppy and my daughter showed them to some of her
friends
> who had expressed an interest in having one. There are still a couple of
them
> whose parents hadn't said "no" before school was out... She got phone
numbers
> so we can call the parents this coming week and hope for a taker or two.
>
> Last weekend we went through McDonald's drive-thru with momma Penney in
the
> back seat. The young lady taking orders saw her and made a comment.
Before we
> left McD's, she had sent a slip of paper out to the front counter with her
> phone # on it. We stopped by today to give her one of the sheets of
pictures.
> She wasn't there, but when the girl at the front counter heard why I was
there
> and saw the pictures... Now I need to print a new copy for the first one
: )
> Guess it's going to be a race between the school and McDonald's to see
where we
> can place the most pups. I'm not looking forward to the end of that
race...

> Mel Gamble
===
You're doing a great job, Mel. I'll bet they are adorable.
Are ya totin' home those 50# bags of puppy food yet?
===
===

Tiffany
June 24th 03, 03:30 AM
Mel Gamble > wrote in message
> >How are the little ones?
>
> It isn't going to be easy letting go.... : (
>
> My daughter is keeping one, although we're going to let him get big enough
> defend himself before she tries to move him to mom's house.
>
> The rest moved into a 30-foot diameter round pen yesterday (Saturday) that
> started building them when I saw how cramped a 10 x 10 was for all 8 of
them.
> The goat had been using a portion of the lawn the pen is built on and left
> bit of shaggy hair behind. She's an Angora and every fall puts on a heavy
wool
> coat which comes off in shaggy pieces in the spring. It made for a great
> tug-of-war : ) They seem to like all the space. They've gotten very into
> wrestling and chasing each other, a real cute show... And each one is
> developing a personality. I think it was a mistake to name them.
>
> We gave them their first round of shots last week. I made up some sheets
with
> good pictures of each puppy and my daughter showed them to some of her
friends
> who had expressed an interest in having one. There are still a couple of
them
> whose parents hadn't said "no" before school was out... She got phone
numbers
> so we can call the parents this coming week and hope for a taker or two.
>
> Last weekend we went through McDonald's drive-thru with momma Penney in
the
> back seat. The young lady taking orders saw her and made a comment.
Before we
> left McD's, she had sent a slip of paper out to the front counter with her
> phone # on it. We stopped by today to give her one of the sheets of
pictures.
> She wasn't there, but when the girl at the front counter heard why I was
there
> and saw the pictures... Now I need to print a new copy for the first one
: )
> Guess it's going to be a race between the school and McDonald's to see
where we
> can place the most pups. I'm not looking forward to the end of that
race...

> Mel Gamble

Well, my only suggestion is to keep a few. lol

Mel Gamble
June 25th 03, 08:44 AM
: ) ...

>"Mel Gamble" > wrote in message
>> >How are the little ones?
>>
>> It isn't going to be easy letting go.... : (
>>
>> My daughter is keeping one, although we're going to let him get big enough
>> defend himself before she tries to move him to mom's house.
>>
>> The rest moved into a 30-foot diameter round pen yesterday (Saturday) that
>> started building them when I saw how cramped a 10 x 10 was for all 8 of
>them.
>> The goat had been using a portion of the lawn the pen is built on and left
>> bit of shaggy hair behind. She's an Angora and every fall puts on a heavy
>wool
>> coat which comes off in shaggy pieces in the spring. It made for a great
>> tug-of-war : ) They seem to like all the space. They've gotten very into
>> wrestling and chasing each other, a real cute show... And each one is
>> developing a personality. I think it was a mistake to name them.
>>
>> We gave them their first round of shots last week. I made up some sheets
>with
>> good pictures of each puppy and my daughter showed them to some of her
>friends
>> who had expressed an interest in having one. There are still a couple of
>them
>> whose parents hadn't said "no" before school was out... She got phone
>numbers
>> so we can call the parents this coming week and hope for a taker or two.
>>
>> Last weekend we went through McDonald's drive-thru with momma Penney in
>the
>> back seat. The young lady taking orders saw her and made a comment.
>Before we
>> left McD's, she had sent a slip of paper out to the front counter with her
>> phone # on it. We stopped by today to give her one of the sheets of
>pictures.
>> She wasn't there, but when the girl at the front counter heard why I was
>there
>> and saw the pictures... Now I need to print a new copy for the first one
>: )
>> Guess it's going to be a race between the school and McDonald's to see
>where we
>> can place the most pups. I'm not looking forward to the end of that
>race...
>>
>> Mel Gamble
>===
>You're doing a great job, Mel. I'll bet they are adorable.
>Are ya totin' home those 50# bags of puppy food yet?
>===
>===

With the amount of horse feed and dog feed I've been hauling, I'm looking at
trading my car for a truck.

I called, got an address, and stopped by the first McDonald's girl's home
tonight with a sheet of pictures. She picked one on-the-spot...it was
traumatic. At first she pointed at my favorite - Patches. But then she said
"I like this one" and pointed at little Friendly. Life stinks.

Mel Gamble