PDA

View Full Version : Mortgage

Colette Collopy
January 7th 04, 05:15 PM
Had telephone call today informing me that my attempt to buy my ex-partners
half of the house is going well and to plan so hopefully within a couple of
weeks things will be sorted and myself and my kids will have security. Now
all it will be will be affording the darn monthly payments. Anyone got any
ideas how I can do that apart from making regular trips to Amsterdams Red
light area?? hahaha
--
Col x

Andrew
January 7th 04, 06:30 PM
"Colette Collopy" > wrote in message

> Had telephone call today informing me that my attempt to buy my
ex-partners
> half of the house is going well and to plan so hopefully within a couple
of
> weeks things will be sorted and myself and my kids will have security. Now
> all it will be will be affording the darn monthly payments. Anyone got any
> ideas how I can do that apart from making regular trips to Amsterdams Red
> light area?? hahaha
> --
> Col x

Hey,

Congratulations!! It will be another worry off your mind, security for you
and your kids and for a rainy day. Good for you!

Check out http://www.dwp.gov.uk/lifeevent/benefits/housing_benefit.asp#what
Although the housing benefit mainly talks about rent there is mention in
there about mortgage as well. I would apply and see if you can get help.
Also check out your tax credits (the dwp index page can guide you there as
well or the inland revenue sites). One of the main things is to get help
with as many of the costs of living as you can and that should help out. You
can apply for weekly child benefits as well if your kids are under 16. Same
index should give you some pointers.

Ping Dennis (Dennis Here), he took some years off to look after his boys
full time so could probably give you some good pointers.

Don't work solo, start a call girl ring, thats where the money is!

Andrew

Colette Collopy
January 7th 04, 06:36 PM
Hey, maybe I could be the Madam rather than an employee. Now thats a good
idea Andrew! I'll be generous, I'll only take 50 %.
col x
"Andrew" > wrote in message

> "Colette Collopy" > wrote in message
> >
> > Had telephone call today informing me that my attempt to buy my
> ex-partners
> > half of the house is going well and to plan so hopefully within a couple
> of
> > weeks things will be sorted and myself and my kids will have security.
Now
> > all it will be will be affording the darn monthly payments. Anyone got
any
> > ideas how I can do that apart from making regular trips to Amsterdams
Red
> > light area?? hahaha
> > --
> > Col x
> >

> Hey,
>
> Congratulations!! It will be another worry off your mind, security for you
> and your kids and for a rainy day. Good for you!
>
> Check out
http://www.dwp.gov.uk/lifeevent/benefits/housing_benefit.asp#what
> Although the housing benefit mainly talks about rent there is mention in
> there about mortgage as well. I would apply and see if you can get help.
> Also check out your tax credits (the dwp index page can guide you there as
> well or the inland revenue sites). One of the main things is to get help
> with as many of the costs of living as you can and that should help out.
You
> can apply for weekly child benefits as well if your kids are under 16.
Same
> index should give you some pointers.
>
> Ping Dennis (Dennis Here), he took some years off to look after his boys
> full time so could probably give you some good pointers.
>
> Don't work solo, start a call girl ring, thats where the money is!
>
> Andrew

Dennis Here
January 7th 04, 08:29 PM
Andrew wrote in message ...

>Ping Dennis (Dennis Here), he took some years off to look after his boys
>full time so could probably give you some good pointers.

Sorry, I did not have a mortgage.

Dennis

Colette Collopy
January 7th 04, 09:37 PM
thanks anyway Dennis. I wish I didnt haha!
Col x
"Dennis Here" oureply>
wrote in message ...

> Andrew wrote in message ...
> >
> >Ping Dennis (Dennis Here), he took some years off to look after his boys
> >full time so could probably give you some good pointers.
>

> Sorry, I did not have a mortgage.
>
> Dennis

Moon Shyne
January 8th 04, 11:13 AM
"Colette Collopy" > wrote in message

> Had telephone call today informing me that my attempt to buy my ex-partners
> half of the house is going well and to plan so hopefully within a couple of
> weeks things will be sorted and myself and my kids will have security. Now
> all it will be will be affording the darn monthly payments. Anyone got any
> ideas how I can do that apart from making regular trips to Amsterdams Red
> light area?? hahaha

Why would you have proceeded to buy out your ex-partner's half of the house if
you couldn't afford the mortgage?

> --
> Col x

Colette Collopy
January 8th 04, 01:40 PM
Yes, I work as a nurse!
Col x

<fairly_happy_doesn't_need_any_more_spam@withoutspa myahoo.com> wrote in
message ...

> "Colette Collopy" > wrote in message
> >
> > Had telephone call today informing me that my attempt to buy my
> ex-partners
> > half of the house is going well and to plan so hopefully within a couple
> of
> > weeks things will be sorted and myself and my kids will have security.
Now
> > all it will be will be affording the darn monthly payments. Anyone got
any
> > ideas how I can do that apart from making regular trips to Amsterdams
Red
> > light area?? hahaha
> > --
> > Col x
>
> Do you have a job?
> Joy

Colette Collopy
January 8th 04, 01:42 PM
I want to keep my children in the house they are used to and keep a roof
over our head. Should I have gone into council housing and not even tried to
keep my house? I will do all I can to be able to afford it. Does that seem
so silly??
Col x
"Moon Shyne" > wrote in message

> "Colette Collopy" > wrote in message
> >
> > Had telephone call today informing me that my attempt to buy my
ex-partners
> > half of the house is going well and to plan so hopefully within a couple
of
> > weeks things will be sorted and myself and my kids will have security.
Now
> > all it will be will be affording the darn monthly payments. Anyone got
any
> > ideas how I can do that apart from making regular trips to Amsterdams
Red
> > light area?? hahaha
>
> Why would you have proceeded to buy out your ex-partner's half of the
house if
> you couldn't afford the mortgage?
>
> > --
> > Col x

HanK
January 9th 04, 09:10 AM
"Colette Collopy"

Cant you become an agency nurse? they seem to earn loads compared to the
NHS?

HanK

Colette Collopy
January 9th 04, 08:54 PM
Thanks HanK, yep have my name down on that and am gonna do some night shifts
to cover the payments. That way my 18 year old can watch my 3 year old and I
don't have to pay a childminder.
Thanks for the idea.
Col x
"HanK" > wrote in message

> "Colette Collopy"
>
> Cant you become an agency nurse? they seem to earn loads compared to the
> NHS?
>
> HanK

HanK
January 10th 04, 10:12 AM
That way my 18 year old can watch my 3 year old and I
> don't have to pay a childminder.

My best mate (female and a single parent) has the same combination of ages,
she says its great for babysitting!

Colette Collopy
January 10th 04, 02:49 PM
Hmmm usually but not all the time 'cos the 18 year old has 'found' the
nitelife now hahaha
Col x