PDA

View Full Version : A Long time....

Kim In NS
January 9th 04, 03:51 AM
ago I belonged to a group of single parents... I'm not sure if I've found
that group at all but I am really hoping that I have!

I made a very good friend of a man by the name of Peter who was a fantastick
MarOOn and there there was Matt and a few others... I had my bell ringing
friend, and various others... I would love to catch up on the last couple of
years in everyone's lives...

Dennis I'm thinking you are the gent from across the water who took up
Peter's torch...

Please let me know if I've found my old haunt again after such a long time
of being away

Kim

Kim In NS
January 9th 04, 04:22 AM
Top posting to myself... I have found that indeed I DO know alot of people
here LOL not sure if you all remember me :)

My chillens are growing daughter is now 12 and son just turned 17... Life
sure does move quickly... I'm so tickled to be back... NOW.... Catch me up
guys and don't leave me behind again LOL

"Kim In NS" > wrote in message
> ago I belonged to a group of single parents... I'm not sure if I've found
> that group at all but I am really hoping that I have!
>
> I made a very good friend of a man by the name of Peter who was a
fantastick
> MarOOn and there there was Matt and a few others... I had my bell ringing
> friend, and various others... I would love to catch up on the last couple
of
> years in everyone's lives...
>
> Dennis I'm thinking you are the gent from across the water who took up
> Peter's torch...
>
> Please let me know if I've found my old haunt again after such a long time
> of being away
>
> Kim

Kim In NS
January 9th 04, 05:04 AM
<'Kate> wrote in message ...
> On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 04:22:17 GMT, "Kim In NS"
> >
> >Top posting to myself... I have found that indeed I DO know alot of
people
> >here LOL not sure if you all remember me :)
> >
> >My chillens are growing daughter is now 12 and son just turned 17... Life
> >sure does move quickly... I'm so tickled to be back... NOW.... Catch me
up
> >guys and don't leave me behind again LOL
>
> It's Mar00n.
>
> Hi. I'm not sure if I remember you but I recognise the names you posted.
>
> 'Kate

*grinning*
Yes 'Kate I even remember you, the names are all coming back... I was here
for about two years but have been gone for atleast 4, Just after Peter's
surprise wedding and shocking passing... So many peoples names I am seeing
in the different posts *grin* yes I have found the right place :) Hopefully
I don't get lost again :)

Kim

Vickychick
January 9th 04, 04:42 PM
"Kim In NS" > wrote in message >...
> ago I belonged to a group of single parents... I'm not sure if I've found
> that group at all but I am really hoping that I have!
>
> I made a very good friend of a man by the name of Peter who was a fantastick
> MarOOn and there there was Matt and a few others... I had my bell ringing
> friend, and various others... I would love to catch up on the last couple of
> years in everyone's lives...
>
> Dennis I'm thinking you are the gent from across the water who took up
> Peter's torch...
>
> Please let me know if I've found my old haunt again after such a long time
> of being away
>
> Kim

Kim,
You are in the right spot.
There was Didi, Robin, Matt, Peter, Lorian, Pat and
Maureen....mmm..let's see...and Cici, who sadly passed away, as well
as Peter.
Vicky B.

Kim In NS
January 9th 04, 05:08 PM
"Vickychick" > wrote in message
om...
> "Kim In NS" > wrote in message
> > ago I belonged to a group of single parents... I'm not sure if I've
found
> > that group at all but I am really hoping that I have!
> >
> > I made a very good friend of a man by the name of Peter who was a
fantastick
> > MarOOn and there there was Matt and a few others... I had my bell
ringing
> > friend, and various others... I would love to catch up on the last
couple of
> > years in everyone's lives...
> >
> > Dennis I'm thinking you are the gent from across the water who took up
> > Peter's torch...
> >
> > Please let me know if I've found my old haunt again after such a long
time
> > of being away
> >
> > Kim
>
> Kim,
> You are in the right spot.
> There was Didi, Robin, Matt, Peter, Lorian, Pat and
> Maureen....mmm..let's see...and Cici, who sadly passed away, as well
> as Peter.
> Vicky B.

No! What happened? Didi is married Myles? I remember they had a big get
together with the 'crew' at thier place and the pictures were fantastic and
I was very envious... I remember Joelle and Yes Miss Vicky I even remember
you as well... :) The names I've been seeing in other conversations verified
that Yes I have indeed the right group... I remember when Joelle first
joined... It feels like I've had amnesia and memories are slow in coming
back to me but they are trickling in... Actually feels like I've been
underwater for a long time and I'm finally reaching the surface... Silly I
know but hey there it is...

Kim In NS

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone, For the sad
old earth must borrow its mirth, But has trouble enough of its own."
Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Dennis Here
January 9th 04, 06:09 PM
Kim In NS wrote in message

>Please let me know if I've found my old haunt again

Welcome home!
So?
What have you been doing all this time?

Dennis

Kim In NS
January 9th 04, 06:38 PM
"Dennis Here" oureply>
wrote in message ...

> Kim In NS wrote in message
> >
> >Please let me know if I've found my old haunt again
>
> Welcome home!
> So?
> What have you been doing all this time?
>
> Dennis

Well Dennis as frieghtening as it sounds I've been living life... I dusted
off my bruised self, got a wee bit of an education, got myself a part time
job while I was educating myself, started building up that low self esteem
as well as a few well placed walls... I went out into the real world head
long thinking I was ready... LOL I was ready for the full time job and the
responsiblities that came with that... I thought I was ready for a more
personal relationship -- I wasn't -- I went back behind my walls again and
once more made a move in my career levels which cause a bit of an upheaval
as the children and I moved half an hour away from 'home'... I have been
with the same corportation for about 6 months now and loving the new job...
Getting my ducks in a row mentally... Finding out what is important to me
and getting the priorities organized *giggle* imagine all that in 5 years
with the usual bumps, lumps and giggles... Through all of this I have helped
my baby boy go through some major personal changes inside and outside (do
you know how hard it is to teach a boy how to SHAVE something besides his
LEGS?); I think I've done a darned good job with him, he has turned into a
very loving young man who still at times becomes my little boy when he and
his sister fight *grin* I have also had the pleasure (dubious I admit) of
watching my little blonde tomboy bombshell slowly turn into a very self
confident teenager who doesn't take crap off anyone yet still wants to wear
the pretty bra's LOL she's a HOOT! So in a nutshell I've been living
Dennis, sometimes it's been good and sometimes it's been bad... But Like
everyone here... I've survived to tell the tale *grin* And the tales I could
tell ;)

So Sir Dennis... Do you remember me? LOL At one point I had to ask (very
privately) some of the males of this group that I trusted about an issue
with shaving cream and my son... How could you ever forget that?

Kim In NS

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone, For the sad
old earth must borrow its mirth, But has trouble enough of its own."
Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Colette Collopy
January 9th 04, 09:16 PM
Hi Kim,
nice to meet you. You sound lovely and a good laugh. Where is NS?? Your
children sound lovely and lucky to have you as a mum.
Keep the chin up.
Col x
"Kim In NS" > wrote in message

> "Dennis Here" oureply>
> wrote in message ...
> >
> > Kim In NS wrote in message
> > >
> > >Please let me know if I've found my old haunt again
> >
> > Welcome home!
> > So?
> > What have you been doing all this time?
> >
> > Dennis
> >

> Well Dennis as frieghtening as it sounds I've been living life... I dusted
> off my bruised self, got a wee bit of an education, got myself a part time
> job while I was educating myself, started building up that low self esteem
> as well as a few well placed walls... I went out into the real world head
> long thinking I was ready... LOL I was ready for the full time job and the
> responsiblities that came with that... I thought I was ready for a more
> personal relationship -- I wasn't -- I went back behind my walls again and
> once more made a move in my career levels which cause a bit of an upheaval
> as the children and I moved half an hour away from 'home'... I have been
> with the same corportation for about 6 months now and loving the new
job...
> Getting my ducks in a row mentally... Finding out what is important to me
> and getting the priorities organized *giggle* imagine all that in 5 years
> with the usual bumps, lumps and giggles... Through all of this I have
helped
> my baby boy go through some major personal changes inside and outside (do
> you know how hard it is to teach a boy how to SHAVE something besides his
> LEGS?); I think I've done a darned good job with him, he has turned into a
> very loving young man who still at times becomes my little boy when he and
> his sister fight *grin* I have also had the pleasure (dubious I admit) of
> watching my little blonde tomboy bombshell slowly turn into a very self
> confident teenager who doesn't take crap off anyone yet still wants to
wear
> the pretty bra's LOL she's a HOOT! So in a nutshell I've been living
> Dennis, sometimes it's been good and sometimes it's been bad... But Like
> everyone here... I've survived to tell the tale *grin* And the tales I
could
> tell ;)
>
> So Sir Dennis... Do you remember me? LOL At one point I had to ask (very
> privately) some of the males of this group that I trusted about an issue
> with shaving cream and my son... How could you ever forget that?
>

> Kim In NS
>
> "Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone, For the
sad
> old earth must borrow its mirth, But has trouble enough of its own."
> Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Kim In NS
January 9th 04, 09:26 PM
"Colette Collopy" > wrote in message
> Hi Kim,
> nice to meet you. You sound lovely and a good laugh. Where is NS?? Your

Nova Scotia is a province in Canada on the East coast...

> children sound lovely and lucky to have you as a mum.

Thanks :) They actually say that all the time (especially when they really
want something desperately!"
> Keep the chin up.

Always :)

> Col x

Nice to meet you too Colette!

> "Kim In NS" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Dennis Here"
oureply>
> [...]
> > confident teenager who doesn't take crap off anyone yet still wants to
> wear
> > the pretty bra's LOL she's a HOOT! So in a nutshell I've been living
> > Dennis, sometimes it's been good and sometimes it's been bad... But Like
> > everyone here... I've survived to tell the tale *grin* And the tales I
> could
> > tell ;)
> >
> > So Sir Dennis... Do you remember me? LOL At one point I had to ask
(very
> > privately) some of the males of this group that I trusted about an issue
> > with shaving cream and my son... How could you ever forget that?
> >

> > Kim In NS
> >
> > "Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone, For the
> sad
> > old earth must borrow its mirth, But has trouble enough of its own."

CME
January 9th 04, 11:40 PM
"Kim In NS" > wrote in message

> "Colette Collopy" > wrote in message
> > Hi Kim,
> > nice to meet you. You sound lovely and a good laugh. Where is NS?? Your
>
> Nova Scotia is a province in Canada on the East coast...
>
> > children sound lovely and lucky to have you as a mum.
>
> Thanks :) They actually say that all the time (especially when they really
> want something desperately!"
> > Keep the chin up.
>
> Always :)
>

> > Col x
>
> Nice to meet you too Colette!

Oh a fellow Canadian, I like you already! lol I've been here a number of
years and you must have left just as I was arriving, but it's nice to 'meet'
you.

Christine
(Mom to 8 year old twin boys in Alberta)

Kim In NS
January 10th 04, 12:30 AM
"CME" > wrote in message

> "Kim In NS" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Colette Collopy" > wrote in message
> > > Hi Kim,
> > > nice to meet you. You sound lovely and a good laugh. Where is NS??
Your

> > Nova Scotia is a province in Canada on the East coast...
> >
> > > children sound lovely and lucky to have you as a mum.
> >
> > Thanks :) They actually say that all the time (especially when they
really
> > want something desperately!"
> > > Keep the chin up.
> >
> > Always :)
> >

> > > Col x
> >
> > Nice to meet you too Colette!
>

> Oh a fellow Canadian, I like you already! lol I've been here a number of
> years and you must have left just as I was arriving, but it's nice to
'meet'
> you.
>
> Christine
> (Mom to 8 year old twin boys in Alberta)

Hey Actually you are right and yes I do remember you :) I believe you were
fresh to the group when I fell out of the newsgroup:)
There was also another Canadian at the time... As well as a singer just
breaking out on her own so to speak hehehe memories are trickling in...
Slowly mind you very slowly... ;)

CME
January 10th 04, 02:49 AM
"Kim In NS" > wrote in message

> "CME" > wrote in message

> Your
> > >
> > > Nova Scotia is a province in Canada on the East coast...

> > > Thanks :) They actually say that all the time (especially when they
> really
> > > want something desperately!"
> > >
> > > Always :)

> > > Nice to meet you too Colette!
> >

> > Oh a fellow Canadian, I like you already! lol I've been here a number
of
> > years and you must have left just as I was arriving, but it's nice to
> 'meet'
> > you.
> >
> > Christine
> > (Mom to 8 year old twin boys in Alberta)
> >

> Hey Actually you are right and yes I do remember you :) I believe you were
> fresh to the group when I fell out of the newsgroup:)
> There was also another Canadian at the time... As well as a singer just
> breaking out on her own so to speak hehehe memories are trickling in...
> Slowly mind you very slowly... ;)

Celia might have been the other Canadian or there was Lisa... hmmm... then
the singer I think you're referring to is Bri, she's still here thankfully.
;)

Christine

Kim In NS
January 10th 04, 03:08 AM
*snip*

> > > Oh a fellow Canadian, I like you already! lol I've been here a number
> of
> > > years and you must have left just as I was arriving, but it's nice to
> > 'meet'
> > > you.
> > >
> > > Christine
> > > (Mom to 8 year old twin boys in Alberta)
> > >

> > Hey Actually you are right and yes I do remember you :) I believe you
were
> > fresh to the group when I fell out of the newsgroup:)
> > There was also another Canadian at the time... As well as a singer just
> > breaking out on her own so to speak hehehe memories are trickling in...
> > Slowly mind you very slowly... ;)
> >

> Celia might have been the other Canadian or there was Lisa... hmmm... then
> the singer I think you're referring to is Bri, she's still here
thankfully.
> ;)
>
> Christine

Lisa and Matt? Weren't they?? Wasn't there the possibility....?

Cele
January 10th 04, 04:28 AM
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 00:30:48 GMT, "Kim In NS"
> wrote:

>"CME" > wrote in message

>Your
>> >
>> > Nova Scotia is a province in Canada on the East coast...

>> > Thanks :) They actually say that all the time (especially when they
>really
>> > want something desperately!"
>> >
>> > Always :)

>> > Nice to meet you too Colette!
>>

>> Oh a fellow Canadian, I like you already! lol I've been here a number of
>> years and you must have left just as I was arriving, but it's nice to
>'meet'
>> you.
>>
>> Christine
>> (Mom to 8 year old twin boys in Alberta)
>>

>Hey Actually you are right and yes I do remember you :) I believe you were
>fresh to the group when I fell out of the newsgroup:)
>There was also another Canadian at the time... As well as a singer just
>breaking out on her own so to speak hehehe memories are trickling in...
>Slowly mind you very slowly... ;)

Hi, Colette. I'm Canadian too...other coast. :-) Nice to meet you.

Cele

Cele
January 10th 04, 04:29 AM
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 00:30:48 GMT, "Kim In NS"
> wrote:

>"CME" > wrote in message

>Your
>> >
>> > Nova Scotia is a province in Canada on the East coast...

>> > Thanks :) They actually say that all the time (especially when they
>really
>> > want something desperately!"
>> >
>> > Always :)

>> > Nice to meet you too Colette!
>>

>> Oh a fellow Canadian, I like you already! lol I've been here a number of
>> years and you must have left just as I was arriving, but it's nice to
>'meet'
>> you.
>>
>> Christine
>> (Mom to 8 year old twin boys in Alberta)
>>

>Hey Actually you are right and yes I do remember you :) I believe you were
>fresh to the group when I fell out of the newsgroup:)
>There was also another Canadian at the time... As well as a singer just
>breaking out on her own so to speak hehehe memories are trickling in...
>Slowly mind you very slowly... ;)

Shoot. I mean Kim. Hi Colette AND Kim. I'll be fine.....

Cele

Dennis Here
January 10th 04, 12:16 PM
Kim In NS wrote in message

>Lisa and Matt? Weren't they?? Wasn't there the possibility....?

It was Matt and Sammy Girl at the time you left, then it was matt and umm,
then Matt and -you know, then Matt and

Dennis

Colette Collopy
January 10th 04, 02:59 PM
haha now thats twilight zone stuff. I am a nurse and work in a surgery
called Nova Scotia Medical Centre. Coincidence?? Nice to meet you all on
here.

Col x
"Kim In NS" > wrote in message

> [...]
> > wear
> > > the pretty bra's LOL she's a HOOT! So in a nutshell I've been living
> > > Dennis, sometimes it's been good and sometimes it's been bad... But
Like
> > > everyone here... I've survived to tell the tale *grin* And the tales I
> > could
> > > tell ;)
> > >
> > > So Sir Dennis... Do you remember me? LOL At one point I had to ask
> (very
> > > privately) some of the males of this group that I trusted about an
issue
> > > with shaving cream and my son... How could you ever forget that?
> > >

> > > Kim In NS
> > >
> > > "Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone, For
the
> > sad
> > > old earth must borrow its mirth, But has trouble enough of its own."

Lisa aka Surfer
January 10th 04, 07:27 PM
"Kim In NS" > wrote in message

> "CME" > wrote in message

> Your
> > >
> > > Nova Scotia is a province in Canada on the East coast...

> > > Thanks :) They actually say that all the time (especially when they
> really
> > > want something desperately!"
> > >
> > > Always :)

> > > Nice to meet you too Colette!
> >

> > Oh a fellow Canadian, I like you already! lol I've been here a number
of
> > years and you must have left just as I was arriving, but it's nice to
> 'meet'
> > you.
> >
> > Christine
> > (Mom to 8 year old twin boys in Alberta)
> >

> Hey Actually you are right and yes I do remember you :) I believe you were
> fresh to the group when I fell out of the newsgroup:)
> There was also another Canadian at the time... As well as a singer just
> breaking out on her own so to speak hehehe memories are trickling in...
> Slowly mind you very slowly... ;)

Kimmy Kimmy Kimmy!!!!
How's it going, eh? 'Member me? I'm in Ontario, just outside of our fine
Nation's capital, and have one son. He's 9 now!
I remember you, and pondered on where you may have went. Specially after
the recent storms that hit the east coast.

So glad to hear that things are, well, life as we know it! Same here, the
boy is doing the same as always, BUT has been absolutely amazing with
respect to the level of responsibility he's maintained in looking after our
now 4 month old black lab puppy. She's been a great addition to the family.
Oh, and speaking of additions to the family.........are you sitting?

Break open the champagne (Keiths' will do).

I'm getting married.............!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa aka Surfer
January 10th 04, 07:28 PM
"Dennis Here" oureply>
wrote in message ...

> Kim In NS wrote in message
> >>
> >Lisa and Matt? Weren't they?? Wasn't there the possibility....?
>

> It was Matt and Sammy Girl at the time you left, then it was matt and umm,
> then Matt and -you know, then Matt and
>

> Dennis

LOL...he was a horny leetle peeeggie, wasn't he?

lm
January 10th 04, 08:14 PM
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:27:07 -0500, "Lisa aka Surfer"
> wrote:

>"Kim In NS" > wrote in message
>>
>> "CME" > wrote in message

>> Your

>> really

>> > Oh a fellow Canadian, I like you already! lol I've been here a number
>of
>> > years and you must have left just as I was arriving, but it's nice to
>> 'meet'
>> > you.
>> >
>> > Christine
>> > (Mom to 8 year old twin boys in Alberta)
>> >

>> Hey Actually you are right and yes I do remember you :) I believe you were
>> fresh to the group when I fell out of the newsgroup:)
>> There was also another Canadian at the time... As well as a singer just
>> breaking out on her own so to speak hehehe memories are trickling in...
>> Slowly mind you very slowly... ;)
>

>Kimmy Kimmy Kimmy!!!!
>How's it going, eh? 'Member me? I'm in Ontario, just outside of our fine
>Nation's capital, and have one son. He's 9 now!
>I remember you, and pondered on where you may have went. Specially after
>the recent storms that hit the east coast.
>
>So glad to hear that things are, well, life as we know it! Same here, the
>boy is doing the same as always, BUT has been absolutely amazing with
>respect to the level of responsibility he's maintained in looking after our
>now 4 month old black lab puppy. She's been a great addition to the family.
>Oh, and speaking of additions to the family.........are you sitting?
>
>Break open the champagne (Keiths' will do).
>
>I'm getting married.............!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa that's great, congratulations! We're not far from you but on the
other side of the lake ... Need a sitter for your honeymoon? :-) We'll
probably get to Canada this year though to visit so I'll be asking you
about the local tourist traps.

lm

Lisa aka Surfer
January 10th 04, 08:27 PM
"lm" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:27:07 -0500, "Lisa aka Surfer"
> > wrote:
>

> >"Kim In NS" > wrote in message
> >>
> >> "CME" > wrote in message

NS??
> >> Your

> >> really

> >of
> >> 'meet'

> >> Hey Actually you are right and yes I do remember you :) I believe you
were
> >> fresh to the group when I fell out of the newsgroup:)
> >> There was also another Canadian at the time... As well as a singer just
> >> breaking out on her own so to speak hehehe memories are trickling in...
> >> Slowly mind you very slowly... ;)
> >

> >Kimmy Kimmy Kimmy!!!!
> >How's it going, eh? 'Member me? I'm in Ontario, just outside of our
fine
> >Nation's capital, and have one son. He's 9 now!
> >I remember you, and pondered on where you may have went. Specially after
> >the recent storms that hit the east coast.
> >
> >So glad to hear that things are, well, life as we know it! Same here,
the
> >boy is doing the same as always, BUT has been absolutely amazing with
> >respect to the level of responsibility he's maintained in looking after
our
> >now 4 month old black lab puppy. She's been a great addition to the
family.
> >Oh, and speaking of additions to the family.........are you sitting?
> >
> >Break open the champagne (Keiths' will do).
> >
> >I'm getting married.............!!!!!!!!!!!
> >

> Lisa that's great, congratulations! We're not far from you but on the
> other side of the lake ... Need a sitter for your honeymoon? :-) We'll
> probably get to Canada this year though to visit so I'll be asking you
> about the local tourist traps.
>
> lm

Hey Laura!! Thanks for the congrats, and the offer too! These days, my son
refers to the impending honeymoon as "that trip you guys are taking without
me" Tough luck little one :).

When you're planning your visit,,,,,don't come yet!! It's been frickin cold!
Good for the canal, as it hasn't opened yet, but I'm not a winter person :(.
You will love the city,,,trust me! I'll be sure to give you the a list of
must see and run away from things to do. Which bridge would you cross to
get across the border?

Lisa

Lisa aka Surfer
January 10th 04, 08:30 PM
"Lisa aka Surfer" > wrote in message

> When you're planning your visit,,,,,don't come yet!! It's been frickin
cold!

LOL,,,as a silly sidenote.....spellchecker offered to correct "frickin" with
"firkin"......WTF is a "Firkin"????

silly

Kim In NS
January 11th 04, 03:20 AM
"Lisa aka Surfer" > REMEMBERS ME!!!!
hehehe

> Kimmy Kimmy Kimmy!!!!
> How's it going, eh? 'Member me? I'm in Ontario, just outside of our fine
> Nation's capital, and have one son. He's 9 now!
> I remember you, and pondered on where you may have went. Specially after
> the recent storms that hit the east coast.

OMG how time does fly! See what I mean?!?!?!?!

We survived well and of course have an Ark for sale.... Ummmmmmm Joelle?
*grin*

> So glad to hear that things are, well, life as we know it! Same here, the
> boy is doing the same as always, BUT has been absolutely amazing with
> respect to the level of responsibility he's maintained in looking after
our
> now 4 month old black lab puppy. She's been a great addition to the
family.

Very GOOD! very deja vous as well we just got a 3 month old golden lab....
aren't they just the smartest of dogs?!?!?! Ok we've had ours since she was
6 weeks but she's a sweetheart

> Oh, and speaking of additions to the family.........are you sitting?
>
> Break open the champagne (Keiths' will do).
>
> I'm getting married.............!!!!!!!!!!!

*fanning face* Congratulations!!! I'm tickled pink for you! So who is the
lucky gent... Come along spill the beans fill me in more *grin* How'd you
meet him? How long have you known him.... Come along fill in the rest ;)

Kim In NS
January 11th 04, 03:46 AM
"Lisa aka Surfer" > wrote in message

> "Dennis Here" oureply>
> wrote in message ...
> >
> > Kim In NS wrote in message
> > >>
> > >Lisa and Matt? Weren't they?? Wasn't there the possibility....?
> >

> > It was Matt and Sammy Girl at the time you left, then it was matt and
umm,
> > then Matt and -you know, then Matt and
> >

> > Dennis
> >

> LOL...he was a horny leetle peeeggie, wasn't he?

*giggling* So has he been lassoed yet? LOL... Dennis seems to be 'free' I
remember thinking Dennis and Dolores would have made a really good team :)
Oh dear did I type that? Where did that delete button go?

Dennis Here
January 11th 04, 10:49 AM
Kim In NS wrote in message ...

>So Sir Dennis...

Sir? That would mean getting onto bended knees in front of a woman, not sure
if my brain would let that happen!

>Do you remember me?

*Grin* Not sure *giggle*

LOL At one point I had to ask (very
>privately) some of the males of this group that I trusted about an issue
>with shaving cream and my son... How could you ever forget that?

Yeah that is one of the really useful aspects to this group. The fathers can
help out the mothers with "boy" issues and vica-versa.

Dennis

Dennis Here
January 11th 04, 10:50 AM
Lisa aka Surfer wrote in message ...

>LOL...he was a horny leetle peeeggie, wasn't he?

Amazing the impression we can get of people even though we never meet them.

Dennis

Dennis Here
January 11th 04, 10:53 AM
Lisa aka Surfer wrote in message ...

>WTF is a "Firkin"????

A measure of liquid, still used for the size of a beer barrel.
Can't be bothered to look it up in gallons though.

Dennis

Kim In NS
January 12th 04, 11:28 PM
"Dennis Here" oureply>
wrote in message ...

> Kim In NS wrote in message ...
>

> >So Sir Dennis...
>
> Sir? That would mean getting onto bended knees in front of a woman, not
sure
> if my brain would let that happen!
>
> >Do you remember me?
>
> *Grin* Not sure *giggle*
>

> LOL At one point I had to ask (very
> >privately) some of the males of this group that I trusted about an issue
> >with shaving cream and my son... How could you ever forget that?
>

> Yeah that is one of the really useful aspects to this group. The fathers
can
> help out the mothers with "boy" issues and vica-versa.
>
> Dennis

True enough Dennis... Although... After that particular situation and a
couple of doctors appointments I think I'm pretty good at answering the boy
questions... The one thing that I ended up having to teach him was how to
shave LOL now THAT was funny... Found out it's easier to just purchase a
good electric razor and call it a day LOL.... Saved on the shaving cream as
well ;)

Paul Griffiths
January 14th 04, 12:26 AM
"Kim In NS" > wrote in message

<snip>

> So Sir Dennis... Do you remember me? LOL At one point I had to ask (very
> privately) some of the males of this group that I trusted about an issue
> with shaving cream and my son... How could you ever forget that?

This sounds vaguely familiar. Maybe if I sleep on it.

--
Paul Griffiths

Kim In NS
January 14th 04, 12:39 AM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message
> "Kim In NS" > wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
> > So Sir Dennis... Do you remember me? LOL At one point I had to ask
(very
> > privately) some of the males of this group that I trusted about an issue
> > with shaving cream and my son... How could you ever forget that?
>
> This sounds vaguely familiar. Maybe if I sleep on it.
>

> --
> Paul Griffiths

I should hope so! *grin* I've never had to have such a discussion since
TG!!

Kim

turtledove
January 19th 04, 07:04 PM

> Hey Actually you are right and yes I do remember you :) I believe you were
> fresh to the group when I fell out of the newsgroup:)
> There was also another Canadian at the time... As well as a singer just
> breaking out on her own so to speak hehehe memories are trickling in...
> Slowly mind you very slowly... ;)

Could that singer be me? Brianne? Ms. B? Just curious. I've been around
for ages (though busy and quiet as of late) I'm currently keeping the FAQ
since, at the time, there was a huge fight about it and who should do it.
Figured the newly married lady would be the safest (me). Hard to believe I
just celebrated my 3 year anniversary!

If I don't remember you Kim, I apologize. I had a really bad car accident
18 months ago and hit my head pretty hard.

Glad to see you though!!

hugs,
*bri

lm
January 21st 04, 03:56 PM
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:27:58 -0500, "Lisa aka Surfer"
> wrote:

>"lm" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:27:07 -0500, "Lisa aka Surfer"
>> > wrote:

>NS??

>number
>> >of

>were
>> >

>> >Kimmy Kimmy Kimmy!!!!
>> >How's it going, eh? 'Member me? I'm in Ontario, just outside of our
>fine
>> >Nation's capital, and have one son. He's 9 now!
>> >I remember you, and pondered on where you may have went. Specially after
>> >the recent storms that hit the east coast.
>> >
>> >So glad to hear that things are, well, life as we know it! Same here,
>the
>> >boy is doing the same as always, BUT has been absolutely amazing with
>> >respect to the level of responsibility he's maintained in looking after
>our
>> >now 4 month old black lab puppy. She's been a great addition to the
>family.
>> >Oh, and speaking of additions to the family.........are you sitting?
>> >
>> >Break open the champagne (Keiths' will do).
>> >
>> >I'm getting married.............!!!!!!!!!!!
>> >

>> Lisa that's great, congratulations! We're not far from you but on the
>> other side of the lake ... Need a sitter for your honeymoon? :-) We'll
>> probably get to Canada this year though to visit so I'll be asking you
>> about the local tourist traps.
>>
>> lm
>
>Hey Laura!! Thanks for the congrats, and the offer too! These days, my son
>refers to the impending honeymoon as "that trip you guys are taking without
>me" Tough luck little one :).
>
>When you're planning your visit,,,,,don't come yet!! It's been frickin cold!
>Good for the canal, as it hasn't opened yet, but I'm not a winter person :(.
>You will love the city,,,trust me! I'll be sure to give you the a list of
>must see and run away from things to do. Which bridge would you cross to
>get across the border?

Good question. I just looked on Yahoo and it looks as though 81
north/137 north is most direct. We're probably going to go to Toronto
first, before the winter is out, via Niagara Falls. The falls are
supposed to be way cool in winter, with the mist freezing throughout.
We've been looking at flights to Ireland too -- less than $100 RT to
Shannon or Dublin. A long weekend roadtrip to NYC would be more
expensive!

lm

Dennis Here
January 21st 04, 11:09 PM
"lm" > wrote in message

> We've been looking at flights to Ireland too -- less than $100 RT to
> Shannon or Dublin. A long weekend roadtrip to NYC would be more
> expensive!

How about an assp outing? (no, not who is gay), I mean a team trip to
Ireland.
Those prices are for nothing!

Dennis

lm
January 22nd 04, 02:25 PM
On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 23:09:56 -0000, "Dennis Here" <Dennis@Large .ie>
wrote:

>"lm" > wrote in message
>
>> We've been looking at flights to Ireland too -- less than $100 RT to
>> Shannon or Dublin. A long weekend roadtrip to NYC would be more
>> expensive!
>

>How about an assp outing? (no, not who is gay), I mean a team trip to
>Ireland.
>Those prices are for nothing!
>
>Dennis

Er, sorry, turns out those were for one-way. Grrrr. Who takes one-way
flights anyway? So double that, times a family of four, and we've very
quickly blown the travel budget. Maybe next year.

I wonder how much it would cost for you and Dolores and three boys to
fly here though... I bet they'd love the two feet of snow we've got
outside!

lm

Kim
January 23rd 04, 11:01 PM
"Dennis Here" <Dennis@Large .ie> wrote in message

> "lm" > wrote in message
>
> > We've been looking at flights to Ireland too -- less than $100 RT to
> > Shannon or Dublin. A long weekend roadtrip to NYC would be more
> > expensive!
>

> How about an assp outing? (no, not who is gay), I mean a team trip to
> Ireland.
> Those prices are for nothing!
>
> Dennis

I'm prone to agree with Dennis... 100 CANADIAN dollars? RETURN??? I'm
thinking it's time to visit the the green green grass of home LOL ok so it's
not home BUT I've always wanted to visit... lol

Kim
January 23rd 04, 11:03 PM
"lm" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 23:09:56 -0000, "Dennis Here" <Dennis@Large .ie>
> wrote:
>

> >"lm" > wrote in message
> >
> >> We've been looking at flights to Ireland too -- less than $100 RT to
> >> Shannon or Dublin. A long weekend roadtrip to NYC would be more
> >> expensive!
> >

> >How about an assp outing? (no, not who is gay), I mean a team trip to
> >Ireland.
> >Those prices are for nothing!
> >
> >Dennis
>
> Er, sorry, turns out those were for one-way. Grrrr. Who takes one-way
> flights anyway? So double that, times a family of four, and we've very
> quickly blown the travel budget. Maybe next year.
>
> I wonder how much it would cost for you and Dolores and three boys to
> fly here though... I bet they'd love the two feet of snow we've got
> outside!
>
> lm

Even 200 isn't bad return... Cheaper for me to go visit Dennis then my
family in TO LOL no logic there at all!!!!! Sucks to be me

Kim
January 23rd 04, 11:10 PM
"turtledove" > wrote in message

> > Hey Actually you are right and yes I do remember you :) I believe you
were
> > fresh to the group when I fell out of the newsgroup:)
> > There was also another Canadian at the time... As well as a singer just
> > breaking out on her own so to speak hehehe memories are trickling in...
> > Slowly mind you very slowly... ;)
> >

> Could that singer be me? Brianne? Ms. B? Just curious. I've been around
> for ages (though busy and quiet as of late) I'm currently keeping the FAQ
> since, at the time, there was a huge fight about it and who should do it.
> Figured the newly married lady would be the safest (me). Hard to believe
> just celebrated my 3 year anniversary!

YES YES YES IT IS YOU!!! lol lololol ou were doing a CD and planning the
wedding and everything was just roses for you and I'm so pleased everything
is working out fabulously!!

Congrats on the anniversary... and I have a feeling I know who created the
fuss about the FAQ... As I recall there were issues on that right after
Peter passed on (you know I still can't get over that -- I think THAT is
what kicked my bottom into gear and got me living again)

> If I don't remember you Kim, I apologize. I had a really bad car accident
> 18 months ago and hit my head pretty hard.
>
> Glad to see you though!!
>
> hugs,
> *bri

I'm sorry to hear about your accident... I really wasn't all that memorable
I mainly watched... Tried for some light humor (albeit warped at times)...
In general I really didn't add a lot to the group but I really really gained
alot from existing with you all ;)

turtledove
January 26th 04, 01:09 AM
<'Kate> wrote in message ...
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:10:41 -0400, "Kim" >
>
> That's funny... I remember Matt taking it over and then Mo. It was
> often posted late when Mo had it and the fuss wasn't so much about who
> would post as about the tribute to PeterD.
>
> 'Kate

Yep, that is pretty much how I got it. The tribute dispute of 2000/2001.
Sigh. I'm not as active lately, but that's only because my job keeps me
busy, and my headaches keep me off the computer at night.

Hugs
*b