PDA

View Full Version : Bubblebath

Tiffany
January 13th 04, 02:01 PM
OK... you all remember the bubble bath guy right? Well, odd as it be, a
co-worker's child just got a UTI, probably due to bubblebath and/or not
properly wiping. This child is not happy about not having bubblebath in her
tub. Does anyone remember this dudes name or the website?

Bob Goodman
January 13th 04, 07:16 PM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message >...

> OK... you all remember the bubble bath guy right? Well, odd as it be, a
> co-worker's child just got a UTI, probably due to bubblebath and/or not
> properly wiping. This child is not happy about not having bubblebath in her
> tub. Does anyone remember this dudes name or the website?

http://users.bestweb.net/~robgood/lather.html or e-mail me or phone 718-547-4165.

Tiffany
January 13th 04, 08:48 PM
Bob Goodman > wrote in message
om...
> "Tiffany" > wrote in message
>
> > OK... you all remember the bubble bath guy right? Well, odd as it be, a
> > co-worker's child just got a UTI, probably due to bubblebath and/or not
> > properly wiping. This child is not happy about not having bubblebath in
her
> > tub. Does anyone remember this dudes name or the website?
>
> http://users.bestweb.net/~robgood/lather.html or e-mail me or phone
718-547-4165.

Thanks. I see you hang around in silence.

CME
January 13th 04, 09:53 PM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> Bob Goodman > wrote in message
> om...
> > "Tiffany" > wrote in message
> >
> > > OK... you all remember the bubble bath guy right? Well, odd as it be,
> > > co-worker's child just got a UTI, probably due to bubblebath and/or
not
> > > properly wiping. This child is not happy about not having bubblebath
in
> her
> > > tub. Does anyone remember this dudes name or the website?
> >
> > http://users.bestweb.net/~robgood/lather.html or e-mail me or phone
> 718-547-4165.
>
> Thanks. I see you hang around in silence.

No, you posted the word bubblebath...

Christine

Tiffany
January 13th 04, 10:16 PM
CME > wrote in message

> "Tiffany" > wrote in message
> >
> > Bob Goodman > wrote in message
> > om...

> not
> in
> > her
> > >
> > > http://users.bestweb.net/~robgood/lather.html or e-mail me or phone
> > 718-547-4165.
> >
> > Thanks. I see you hang around in silence.

> No, you posted the word bubblebath...
>
> Christine

He can't possible do a search on bubblebath every day, can he? lmao

CME
January 13th 04, 11:10 PM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> CME > wrote in message
> >
> > "Tiffany" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > Bob Goodman > wrote in message
> > > om...

> be,
> > not
> > in
> > > her

> > > 718-547-4165.
> > >
> > > Thanks. I see you hang around in silence.

> > No, you posted the word bubblebath...
> >
> > Christine
> >

> He can't possible do a search on bubblebath every day, can he? lmao

Obviously he does, and it's paid off hasn't it?

Christine

Paul Griffiths
January 14th 04, 12:18 AM
"CME" > wrote in message
> "Tiffany" > wrote in message
> > CME > wrote in message

<snip>

> > > No, you posted the word bubblebath...
> >
> > He can't possible do a search on bubblebath every day, can he? lmao
>
> Obviously he does, and it's paid off hasn't it?

I thought he said that's exactly what he did.

Was the stuff called Mudwallow or is my memory shorting out again?

--
Paul Griffiths

Tiffany
January 14th 04, 01:40 AM
CME > wrote in message

> "Tiffany" > wrote in message
> >
> > CME > wrote in message

> > be,
> and/or
> > > not
> bubblebath
> > > in

> > > No, you posted the word bubblebath...
> > >
> > > Christine
> > >

> > He can't possible do a search on bubblebath every day, can he? lmao

> Obviously he does, and it's paid off hasn't it?
>
> Christine

He must truly be dedicated to his bubble bath. :)

Bob Goodman
January 14th 04, 08:16 PM
"Paul Griffiths" > wrote in message >...

> Was the stuff called Mudwallow or is my memory shorting out again?

Close. MarshWallow. I'd considered Mud Puddle.

P.Fritz
January 14th 04, 08:28 PM
Yeah, and now stevey will probably come out of the woodwork and start
whining again,

"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> CME > wrote in message
> >
> > "Tiffany" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > CME > wrote in message

> it
> > > be,
> > and/or
> > bubblebath

> phone

> > > He can't possible do a search on bubblebath every day, can he? lmao

> > Obviously he does, and it's paid off hasn't it?
> >
> > Christine
> >

> He must truly be dedicated to his bubble bath. :)

Tiffany
January 14th 04, 11:44 PM
That he can't do.... I brought him back. lol

P.Fritz > wrote in message
> Yeah, and now stevey will probably come out of the woodwork and start
> whining again,
>
> "Tiffany" > wrote in message
> >
> > CME > wrote in message

> > it
> > > and/or
> > > bubblebath

> > phone

> > > Obviously he does, and it's paid off hasn't it?
> > >
> > > Christine
> > >

> > He must truly be dedicated to his bubble bath. :)

Tiffany
January 14th 04, 11:45 PM
<'Kate> wrote in message ...
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:28:27 -0500, "P.Fritz"
> >
> >Yeah, and now stevey will probably come out of the woodwork and start
> >whining again,
>
> and t he same people will get on him about being a net cop rather than
> letting him have his say.
>
> 'Kate

I don't see how we can't let him have his say. This is the internet. He can
do and say anything he wants. And so can I.

Joelle
January 15th 04, 03:10 AM
>and t he same people will get on him about being a net cop rather than
>letting him have his say.

Nobody can stop anybody from having their say here. Stevey is welcome to whine
about spammers and others are welcome to tell him to shut up. Everybody has
their say. That's the beauty of the net.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle

CME
January 15th 04, 07:23 AM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message
> That he can't do.... I brought him back. lol

Oh good point Tiff. lol

Christine

January 15th 04, 10:30 AM
(Joelle) wrote in message >...
> >and t he same people will get on him about being a net cop rather than
> >letting him have his say.
> >

> Nobody can stop anybody from having their say here. Stevey is welcome to whine
> about spammers and others are welcome to tell him to shut up. Everybody has
> their say. That's the beauty of the net.
>
> Joelle
> The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
> Augustine
> Joelle

Did you say "beauty"?

Lorian

Joelle
January 15th 04, 10:45 AM
>hat's the beauty of the net.

>Did you say "beauty"?

Yup. Free speech is a beautiful thing.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle

Tiffany
January 15th 04, 02:57 PM
CME > wrote in message

> "Tiffany" > wrote in message
> > That he can't do.... I brought him back. lol

> Oh good point Tiff. lol
>
> Christine

It was just sort of odd that a co-worker started to tell me about her kid
and a fever so high that the child screamed her bloody head off and they
couldn't get the fever down, ect. Next thing you know it, she is diagnosed
with the UTI and the parents are like WHAT? Well, the kid does love her
bubble baths so she is just so sad she can't do that anymore. So I told the
lady about that dude's stuff but that I couldn't vouch for it or the man in
the business. So maybe in the end, his so called spamming will have helped
one kid in my neck of the woods.

CME
January 15th 04, 04:57 PM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> CME > wrote in message
> >
> > "Tiffany" > wrote in message
> > > That he can't do.... I brought him back. lol

> > Oh good point Tiff. lol
> >
> > Christine
> >

> It was just sort of odd that a co-worker started to tell me about her kid
> and a fever so high that the child screamed her bloody head off and they
> couldn't get the fever down, ect. Next thing you know it, she is diagnosed
> with the UTI and the parents are like WHAT? Well, the kid does love her
> bubble baths so she is just so sad she can't do that anymore. So I told
the
> lady about that dude's stuff but that I couldn't vouch for it or the man
in
> the business. So maybe in the end, his so called spamming will have helped
> one kid in my neck of the woods.

Wow, who would have thought eh?

Christine

CME
January 15th 04, 04:58 PM
> wrote in message
m...
> (Joelle) wrote in message
> > >and t he same people will get on him about being a net cop rather than
> > >letting him have his say.
> > >

> > Nobody can stop anybody from having their say here. Stevey is welcome to
whine
> > about spammers and others are welcome to tell him to shut up. Everybody
has
> > their say. That's the beauty of the net.
> >
> > Joelle
> > The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
> > Augustine
> > Joelle
>
> Did you say "beauty"?
>
> Lorian

*sigh* not again.

Christine

Tiffany
January 15th 04, 07:11 PM
CME > wrote in message

> "Tiffany" > wrote in message
> >
> > CME > wrote in message

> > > Oh good point Tiff. lol
> > >
> > > Christine
> > >

> > It was just sort of odd that a co-worker started to tell me about her
kid
> > and a fever so high that the child screamed her bloody head off and they
> > couldn't get the fever down, ect. Next thing you know it, she is
diagnosed
> > with the UTI and the parents are like WHAT? Well, the kid does love her
> > bubble baths so she is just so sad she can't do that anymore. So I told
> the
> > lady about that dude's stuff but that I couldn't vouch for it or the man
> in
> > the business. So maybe in the end, his so called spamming will have
helped
> > one kid in my neck of the woods.

> Wow, who would have thought eh?
>
> Christine

I know! lol Life is funny that way. I will let you know if she does any
business with him and how it goes.

Bob Goodman
January 15th 04, 07:18 PM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message >...

> It was just sort of odd that a co-worker started to tell me about her kid
> and a fever so high that the child screamed her bloody head off and they
> couldn't get the fever down, ect. Next thing you know it, she is diagnosed
> with the UTI and the parents are like WHAT? Well, the kid does love her
> bubble baths so she is just so sad she can't do that anymore.

And the sad thing about it is that the infection had nothing to do
with bubble baths, and probably not even to do with anything in the
bath water. Bath water contamination and wiping technique have been
hypothesized a priori as causing or contributing to UTIs, but good
evidence isn't there. And the only role of soaps (including bath
foams) is to cause irritation, not infection. It may lead to
discovery of an existing infection, but the story we're given here is
of fever, not of any reported irritation.

If there was fever, clearly the kid had a UTI, not a mere chemical
irritation. The kid probably never had a problem with bath foams, but
is now forbidden to have them based on this vague cx. (They could
just as well forbid her to use any soap.) But hey, why not a
non-irritating kind anyway?

Robert

Paul Griffiths
January 15th 04, 09:40 PM
"CME" > wrote in message
> "Tiffany" > wrote in message

> > It was just sort of odd that a co-worker started to tell me about her
kid
> > and a fever so high that the child screamed her bloody head off and they
> > couldn't get the fever down, ect. Next thing you know it, she is
diagnosed
> > with the UTI and the parents are like WHAT? Well, the kid does love her
> > bubble baths so she is just so sad she can't do that anymore. So I told
> > the lady about that dude's stuff but that I couldn't vouch for it or the
man
> > in the business. So maybe in the end, his so called spamming will have
> > helped one kid in my neck of the woods.
>
> Wow, who would have thought eh?

Umm...

<koff>

--
Paul Griffiths

Tiffany
January 15th 04, 09:47 PM
Bob Goodman > wrote in message
om...
> "Tiffany" > wrote in message
>
> > It was just sort of odd that a co-worker started to tell me about her
kid
> > and a fever so high that the child screamed her bloody head off and they
> > couldn't get the fever down, ect. Next thing you know it, she is
diagnosed
> > with the UTI and the parents are like WHAT? Well, the kid does love her
> > bubble baths so she is just so sad she can't do that anymore.
>
> And the sad thing about it is that the infection had nothing to do
> with bubble baths, and probably not even to do with anything in the
> bath water. Bath water contamination and wiping technique have been
> hypothesized a priori as causing or contributing to UTIs, but good
> evidence isn't there. And the only role of soaps (including bath
> foams) is to cause irritation, not infection. It may lead to
> discovery of an existing infection, but the story we're given here is
> of fever, not of any reported irritation.
>
> If there was fever, clearly the kid had a UTI, not a mere chemical
> irritation. The kid probably never had a problem with bath foams, but
> is now forbidden to have them based on this vague cx. (They could
> just as well forbid her to use any soap.) But hey, why not a
> non-irritating kind anyway?
>
> Robert

Its hard to say the process of the kids sickness..... there were signs of
flu then that didn't go away then more fever/flu like stuff where nothing
was helping. The end result was tests and the UTI found. I don't know all
the details. The child also has eczema so non-irritants were already being
used. Heck, I am not the parent so I don't know. I think the child did have
redness in the area though.

P.Fritz
January 15th 04, 10:14 PM
Kind of like a bad penny

"CME" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
> m...
> > > >

> > > Nobody can stop anybody from having their say here. Stevey is welcome
> whine
> > > about spammers and others are welcome to tell him to shut up.
Everybody
> has
> > > their say. That's the beauty of the net.
> > >
> > > Joelle
> > > The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page -
St
> > > Augustine
> > > Joelle
> >
> > Did you say "beauty"?
> >
> > Lorian
>
> *sigh* not again.
>
> Christine

Dennis Here
January 17th 04, 10:11 AM
'Kate <'Kate> wrote in message ...

>It has,
>however, become a boring cycle that I'd like to see end.

It has, Steve has stopped whinging and I have stopped complaining.

Dennis

Tiffany
January 17th 04, 02:45 PM
Dennis Here oureply>
wrote in message ...

> 'Kate <'Kate> wrote in message ...
>
> >It has,
> >however, become a boring cycle that I'd like to see end.
>
> It has, Steve has stopped whinging and I have stopped complaining.
>
> Dennis

LOL..... thanks, that was a nice laugh for a Saturday morning.

turtledove
January 19th 04, 06:56 PM

> And the sad thing about it is that the infection had nothing to do
> with bubble baths, and probably not even to do with anything in the
> bath water. Bath water contamination and wiping technique have been
> hypothesized a priori as causing or contributing to UTIs, but good
> evidence isn't there. And the only role of soaps (including bath
> foams) is to cause irritation, not infection. It may lead to
> discovery of an existing infection, but the story we're given here is
> of fever, not of any reported irritation.
>
> If there was fever, clearly the kid had a UTI, not a mere chemical
> irritation. The kid probably never had a problem with bath foams, but
> is now forbidden to have them based on this vague cx. (They could
> just as well forbid her to use any soap.) But hey, why not a
> non-irritating kind anyway?
>
> Robert

I'm betting the child wasn't getting enough water amongst other things that
help cause UTI's and such..

my 2 cents,
*bri

Tiffany
January 19th 04, 08:10 PM
turtledove > wrote in message

> > And the sad thing about it is that the infection had nothing to do
> > with bubble baths, and probably not even to do with anything in the
> > bath water. Bath water contamination and wiping technique have been
> > hypothesized a priori as causing or contributing to UTIs, but good
> > evidence isn't there. And the only role of soaps (including bath
> > foams) is to cause irritation, not infection. It may lead to
> > discovery of an existing infection, but the story we're given here is
> > of fever, not of any reported irritation.
> >
> > If there was fever, clearly the kid had a UTI, not a mere chemical
> > irritation. The kid probably never had a problem with bath foams, but
> > is now forbidden to have them based on this vague cx. (They could
> > just as well forbid her to use any soap.) But hey, why not a
> > non-irritating kind anyway?
> >
> > Robert
>
> I'm betting the child wasn't getting enough water amongst other things
that
> help cause UTI's and such..
>
> my 2 cents,
> *bri

I remember the parents saying they can't get the kid to drink water. lol

February 16th 04, 01:02 AM
HEY LORIAN...

--
Vicky
Dysfunctional people are prepared for anything. Hey, once you've driven your
m...