PDA

View Full Version : Re: Gay marriage may "level the playing field"

Nadacomin
June 28th 03, 07:58 AM

Bob writes:

>Here's the flaw in that argument that will drive the debate. Gay sex and
>marriage, no matter who does what to whom, cannot create life. It will
>always be the heterosexual unions that are used as the basis for setting
>child custody and CS. Creating life is not about feeling good sexually and
>having orgasms. Gay sex is limited to feel good sex. Creating life is only
>possible in a heterosexual union and gays will always be able to dodge the
>financial responsibility for their sexual unions because of this simple
>biological fact.

Here is where the opening battle in the arena will begin. Gays want children,
just like anyone else, but, obviously, cannot produce them with each other.
But, they want to aquire them through various legal means, such as adoptions,
or, artificial insemination.
Then, when they split up, the custody and "child support" battles will start.
Without anyone going in with an unfair advantage. It will be an equal bout.
Also, what about alimony, and property division? What about the "Law of dower"?

In Michigan, I was told by a lawyer, that a woman has an interest in whatever a
man owns, simply by "marrying" him.
In gay marriage, who has this "right of dower"?
When I first heard of this, I was amazed.
A dowery used to be a gift from the woman's parents, to the couple when they
got married.
If you are a man, and, you marry white trash, most likely, you are going to
have to pay for the wedding, and, the divorce, yourself.

http://www.geocities.com/nadacomin/

Virginia
June 28th 03, 03:05 PM
gay couples all ready adopt and find surrogates in order to have
children. Legalizing marriage will most likely increase the number of
custody and CS fights as both of the gay partners will now have legal
rights in this regard!

Bob Whiteside wrote:
> "Nadacomin" > wrote in message
>
>>Canada and the U.S. are moving closer to recognizing gay "marriages".
>>While the legitimizing of the gay lifestyle and "marriage" by law, may
>
> bother
>
>>some of us Christian, heterosexual people, there just might be a "silver
>>lining" in it for men involved in divorce, custody, and "child support"
>
> and
>
>>alimony battles.
>>Gay marriage will, in my opinion, introduce the concept of true equality
>
> in
>
>>"marriage".
>>In modern "marriage", the next step, within a decade or less later, is
>
> divorce.
>
>>When you have two people, of the same sex, man/man, woman/woman,
>
> "married",
>
>>and, they divorce, the courts are going to have to view them as equals in
>>dealing with custody and property division.
>>
>>This could set a legal precedent in treating men and women as equals in
>>"marriage" disputes and divorce.
>>It is an interesting concept, and, should be exploited.
>

> Here's the flaw in that argument that will drive the debate. Gay sex and
> marriage, no matter who does what to whom, cannot create life. It will
> always be the heterosexual unions that are used as the basis for setting
> child custody and CS. Creating life is not about feeling good sexually and
> having orgasms. Gay sex is limited to feel good sex. Creating life is only
> possible in a heterosexual union and gays will always be able to dodge the
> financial responsibility for their sexual unions because of this simple
> biological fact.

Chris
July 2nd 03, 08:28 AM
"Virginia" > wrote in message
> gay couples all ready adopt and find surrogates in order to have
> children. Legalizing marriage will most likely increase the number of
> custody and CS fights as both of the gay partners will now have legal
> rights in this regard!

This works to the advantage of a man since they have NO rights when divorced
by a woman, but suddenly get FIFTY percent of the rights when they marry
another man. Contrarily, women go from having ALL the rights to only HALF
the rights when they marry another woman. Ever wonder why there are more gay
men than gay women?

> Bob Whiteside wrote:
> > "Nadacomin" > wrote in message
> >
> >>Canada and the U.S. are moving closer to recognizing gay "marriages".
> >>While the legitimizing of the gay lifestyle and "marriage" by law, may
> >
> > bother
> >
> >>some of us Christian, heterosexual people, there just might be a "silver
> >>lining" in it for men involved in divorce, custody, and "child support"
> >
> > and
> >
> >>alimony battles.
> >>Gay marriage will, in my opinion, introduce the concept of true equality
> >
> > in
> >
> >>"marriage".
> >>In modern "marriage", the next step, within a decade or less later, is
> >
> > divorce.
> >
> >>When you have two people, of the same sex, man/man, woman/woman,
> >
> > "married",
> >
> >>and, they divorce, the courts are going to have to view them as equals
in
> >>dealing with custody and property division.
> >>
> >>This could set a legal precedent in treating men and women as equals in
> >>"marriage" disputes and divorce.
> >>It is an interesting concept, and, should be exploited.
> >

> > Here's the flaw in that argument that will drive the debate. Gay sex
and
> > marriage, no matter who does what to whom, cannot create life. It will
> > always be the heterosexual unions that are used as the basis for setting
> > child custody and CS. Creating life is not about feeling good sexually
and
> > having orgasms. Gay sex is limited to feel good sex. Creating life is
only
> > possible in a heterosexual union and gays will always be able to dodge
the
> > financial responsibility for their sexual unions because of this simple
> > biological fact.

Tiffany
July 2nd 03, 04:20 PM
Chris > wrote in message

> "Virginia" > wrote in message
> > gay couples all ready adopt and find surrogates in order to have
> > children. Legalizing marriage will most likely increase the number of
> > custody and CS fights as both of the gay partners will now have legal
> > rights in this regard!
>
> This works to the advantage of a man since they have NO rights when
divorced
> by a woman, but suddenly get FIFTY percent of the rights when they marry
> another man. Contrarily, women go from having ALL the rights to only HALF
> the rights when they marry another woman. Ever wonder why there are more
gay
> men than gay women?

And you have stats to back that up?

Nadacomin
July 3rd 03, 01:09 AM

Chris writes:

>This works to the advantage of a man since they have NO rights when divorced
>by a woman, but suddenly get FIFTY percent of the rights when they marry
>another man. Contrarily, women go from having ALL the rights to only HALF
>the rights when they marry another woman. Ever wonder why there are more gay
>men than gay women?

No amount of unjust laws or government meddling will change a persons sexual
orientation.
But, precedents set in "family" court, might be able to be used by
heterosexuals.

http://www.geocities.com/nadacomin/

>> Bob Whiteside wrote:

>> > bother

>> > and

>> > in

>> > divorce.

>> > "married",

>in

>> > Here's the flaw in that argument that will drive the debate. Gay sex
>and
>> > marriage, no matter who does what to whom, cannot create life. It will
>> > always be the heterosexual unions that are used as the basis for setting
>> > child custody and CS. Creating life is not about feeling good sexually
>and
>> > having orgasms. Gay sex is limited to feel good sex. Creating life is
>only
>> > possible in a heterosexual union and gays will always be able to dodge
>the
>> > financial responsibility for their sexual unions because of this simple
>> > biological fact.

Chris
July 3rd 03, 04:01 AM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> Chris > wrote in message
> >
> > "Virginia" > wrote in message
> > > gay couples all ready adopt and find surrogates in order to have
> > > children. Legalizing marriage will most likely increase the number of
> > > custody and CS fights as both of the gay partners will now have legal
> > > rights in this regard!
> >
> > This works to the advantage of a man since they have NO rights when
> divorced
> > by a woman, but suddenly get FIFTY percent of the rights when they marry
> > another man. Contrarily, women go from having ALL the rights to only
HALF
> > the rights when they marry another woman. Ever wonder why there are more
> gay
> > men than gay women?
> >

> And you have stats to back that up?

No, just like I don't have stats to back up my claim that the sun rises in
the east every day; but I'm sure (figuratively speaking) that if you open
your eyes, you will see that I am correct.

Tiffany
July 3rd 03, 04:54 AM
Chris > wrote in message

> "Tiffany" > wrote in message
> >
> > Chris > wrote in message

> > > This works to the advantage of a man since they have NO rights when
> > divorced
> > > by a woman, but suddenly get FIFTY percent of the rights when they
marry
> > > another man. Contrarily, women go from having ALL the rights to only
> HALF
> > > the rights when they marry another woman. Ever wonder why there are
more
> > gay
> > > men than gay women?
> > >

> > And you have stats to back that up?
>
> No, just like I don't have stats to back up my claim that the sun rises in
> the east every day; but I'm sure (figuratively speaking) that if you open
> your eyes, you will see that I am correct.

Well, when I open my eyes, I see as many lesbians and gay men. Thats why I
asked.

Tracy
July 3rd 03, 05:23 AM
"Tiffany" > wrote in message

> Chris > wrote in message
> >
> > "Tiffany" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > Chris > wrote in message

> of
> legal

> > > divorced
> marry
> > HALF
> more
> > > gay
> > > >

> > > And you have stats to back that up?
> >
> > No, just like I don't have stats to back up my claim that the sun rises
in
> > the east every day; but I'm sure (figuratively speaking) that if you
open
> > your eyes, you will see that I am correct.
> >

> Well, when I open my eyes, I see as many lesbians and gay men. Thats why I
> asked.

Tiffany - if you see many lesbians and gay men when you open your eyes -
there's only one thing I can tell you. Shut your eyes dear and run away!!!!
LOL :-)

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***