PDA

View Full Version : Update on CS Overpayment-- Ideas?

gini52
June 29th 03, 07:46 PM
FL DOR/CSE and the Court Clerk agree that we have an overpayment of about
$400.00, but--CSE only refunds to the payor, whom, in this case, they claim
(wrongly) is the state system of higher education (my husband's employer).
However, the state says it has no way of putting the money back into my
husband's paycheck. State payroll called FL CSE twice and told them the
refund must be sent directly to my husband. CSE did that, but made the check
payable to the state system. So, CSE has sent the payment twice to the state
system and the state system has sent the check back to them and then to us
made out to the state system making it non-negotiable to us. CSE says
they'll just keep sending it back per their rules (they say our CS case is
"closed" so they can't send it to us) and the state system says they'll just
keep sending it back to CSE. What we have is two state agencies trying to
cover their bureaucratic asses and we're out the money. If these two
agencies continue this ping pong game with the money, I might have to
petition the court for a hearing in the hopes that the judge will tell CSE
just to send my husband his damned money. <sigh> Any ideas which agency we
should put the most pressure on--CSE or the state system?
==
==

--
There may not be much difference
between Marilyn Monroe and Lenny

Freedom
June 29th 03, 09:55 PM
Any ideas? What do we generally do when people STEAL from us? We take them
to court. I would file a complaint with the local magistrate or small
claims court. If they want to keep screwing around with us, make them pay
the piper like everyone else has to.

"gini52" > wrote in message
> FL DOR/CSE and the Court Clerk agree that we have an overpayment of about
> $400.00, but--CSE only refunds to the payor, whom, in this case, they
claim
> (wrongly) is the state system of higher education (my husband's
employer).
> However, the state says it has no way of putting the money back into my
> husband's paycheck. State payroll called FL CSE twice and told them the
> refund must be sent directly to my husband. CSE did that, but made the
check
> payable to the state system. So, CSE has sent the payment twice to the
state
> system and the state system has sent the check back to them and then to us
> made out to the state system making it non-negotiable to us. CSE says
> they'll just keep sending it back per their rules (they say our CS case
is
> "closed" so they can't send it to us) and the state system says they'll
just
> keep sending it back to CSE. What we have is two state agencies trying to
> cover their bureaucratic asses and we're out the money. If these two
> agencies continue this ping pong game with the money, I might have to
> petition the court for a hearing in the hopes that the judge will tell CSE
> just to send my husband his damned money. <sigh> Any ideas which agency we
> should put the most pressure on--CSE or the state system?
> ==
> ==
>
> --
> There may not be much difference
> between Marilyn Monroe and Lenny
> Bruce. If we check their coffins.
> --John lennon

dani
June 30th 03, 08:53 PM
gini52 wrote:
> FL DOR/CSE and the Court Clerk agree that we have an overpayment of about
> $400.00, but--CSE only refunds to the payor, whom, in this case, they claim
> (wrongly) is the state system of higher education (my husband's employer).
> However, the state says it has no way of putting the money back into my
> husband's paycheck. State payroll called FL CSE twice and told them the
> refund must be sent directly to my husband. CSE did that, but made the check
> payable to the state system. So, CSE has sent the payment twice to the state
> system and the state system has sent the check back to them and then to us
> made out to the state system making it non-negotiable to us. CSE says
> they'll just keep sending it back per their rules (they say our CS case is
> "closed" so they can't send it to us) and the state system says they'll just
> keep sending it back to CSE. What we have is two state agencies trying to
> cover their bureaucratic asses and we're out the money. If these two
> agencies continue this ping pong game with the money, I might have to
> petition the court for a hearing in the hopes that the judge will tell CSE
> just to send my husband his damned money. <sigh> Any ideas which agency we
> should put the most pressure on--CSE or the state system?
> ==

Send a demand letter for payment. If it is ignored, than file in Small
Claims Court like Freedom suggest, add in interest and penalties as your
state allows. I would think the letter would work. I doubt a hearing
would do the trick as the Judge will probably claim no jurisdiction over
the state agency, unless they are actually a party involved in the case.

~Dani

gini52
June 30th 03, 09:42 PM
"dani" > wrote in message
thlink.net...
> gini52 wrote:
> > FL DOR/CSE and the Court Clerk agree that we have an overpayment of
about
> > $400.00, but--CSE only refunds to the payor, whom, in this case, they
claim
> > (wrongly) is the state system of higher education (my husband's
employer).
> > However, the state says it has no way of putting the money back into my
> > husband's paycheck. State payroll called FL CSE twice and told them the
> > refund must be sent directly to my husband. CSE did that, but made the
check
> > payable to the state system. So, CSE has sent the payment twice to the
state
> > system and the state system has sent the check back to them and then to
us
> > made out to the state system making it non-negotiable to us. CSE says
> > they'll just keep sending it back per their rules (they say our CS case
is
> > "closed" so they can't send it to us) and the state system says they'll
just
> > keep sending it back to CSE. What we have is two state agencies trying
> > cover their bureaucratic asses and we're out the money. If these two
> > agencies continue this ping pong game with the money, I might have to
> > petition the court for a hearing in the hopes that the judge will tell
CSE
> > just to send my husband his damned money. <sigh> Any ideas which agency
we
> > should put the most pressure on--CSE or the state system?
> > ==
>
> Send a demand letter for payment. If it is ignored, than file in Small
> Claims Court like Freedom suggest, add in interest and penalties as your
> state allows. I would think the letter would work. I doubt a hearing
> would do the trick as the Judge will probably claim no jurisdiction over
> the state agency, unless they are actually a party involved in the case.
>
> ~Dani
==
We are dealing with two different states (PA and FL) so small claims may be
unfeasable.
I can't believe all the BS that goes on in family courts, especially
Florida. What a bunch of crap
just to get our money back! I think I will first send a certified letter to
the controlling Clerk of Court
and see what happens--maybe CC to the judge? I don't think since the case is
closed that it would
constitute ex parte communication.
==
==