PDA

View Full Version : the sky FELL!

Kim
February 20th 04, 10:41 PM
WELL IT DID!!! In Nova Scotia! heh heh heh ... Imagine going to bed seeing
a little bit of grass with a few patches of snow here and there... THEN...
Waking up to let the dog out the back door only to have the door slammed
shut from the wind!!! Reopen the door and try to convince the pup to go out
to pee and realize the pair of you are staring at a bank of snow over 5 feet
high!!! LOL What a hoot!!!

AND you know it's bad when Microsoft shuts down there center LOL Imagine the
stunned look on our devoted faces as we trudge to work only to find out that
they are closing for the day *grin* sheesh and well since you are already
here why don't ya do some work LOL man oh man that was a trip!

State of emergency we are under?!?!?! Heck I thought it was about 3 feet of
fallen snow we were under... drifting anywhere's from 5 feet to 7 feet in
places... Can we build snow men? Nope too much of the stuff....

Soooooooo has anyone else been playing in the white fluffies?

Maureen
February 21st 04, 03:59 AM
Hi there! I'm Maureen, mom to 4 yo ds and 1 1/2 yo dd in PEI. We had the
same weather here, and the kids had a blast today playing in all the snow.
I got to shovel, lol!

"Kim" > wrote in message
.. .
> WELL IT DID!!! In Nova Scotia! heh heh heh ... Imagine going to bed
seeing
> a little bit of grass with a few patches of snow here and there... THEN...
> Waking up to let the dog out the back door only to have the door slammed
> shut from the wind!!! Reopen the door and try to convince the pup to go
out
> to pee and realize the pair of you are staring at a bank of snow over 5
feet
> high!!! LOL What a hoot!!!
>
> AND you know it's bad when Microsoft shuts down there center LOL Imagine
the
> stunned look on our devoted faces as we trudge to work only to find out
that
> they are closing for the day *grin* sheesh and well since you are already
> here why don't ya do some work LOL man oh man that was a trip!
>
> State of emergency we are under?!?!?! Heck I thought it was about 3 feet
of
> fallen snow we were under... drifting anywhere's from 5 feet to 7 feet in
> places... Can we build snow men? Nope too much of the stuff....
>

> Soooooooo has anyone else been playing in the white fluffies?

Maureen
February 22nd 04, 01:58 PM
<'Kate> wrote in message ...
> On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 03:59:38 GMT, "Maureen"
> >
> >Hi there! I'm Maureen, mom to 4 yo ds and 1 1/2 yo dd in PEI. We had
the
> >same weather here, and the kids had a blast today playing in all the
snow.
> >I got to shovel, lol!
>
> Welcome to ass-p.
>
> 'Kate

Thanks - looks like a good group of people.

Maureen

Kim
February 22nd 04, 02:59 PM
Hey Welcome to the group!!! We are actually very close as I live near the
ferry terminal!
Bet you got more snow than I did *grin* I remember 4 and 1 1\2 very fondly
:) Great ages... mmmm I have a gentleman (well MOST days) 17 and very soon
my precious baby girl will be 13 :( Wahhhh .... OH OH OH and GUESS what!!!!
Something to share... hehehehe

My Tomboy has officially gone "girlie" ummmm we spent approximately 3 hours
last night messing about with the hair, learning how to apply make up as an
enhancement without looking like a hussy.... I don't think I'm ready LOL I
want my TOMBOY ...

She's so funny she has a "crush" on a boy in her class... Unlike her mom
she's not shy or quiet about it and tells the young man he's "absolutely
adorable" *giggle* He was home sick the other day and I guess the whole
class was gagging with giggles and laughter because she sat in Bradley's
seat all day and wiggles saying very GUSHINGLY "I have the cutest seat in
the WHOLLLLE class" hahahahaah she's such a hoot *grin* very very
precocious... No low self esteem there... perhaps WAY too much?!?!?!

*sigh* I'm in trouble LOL

"Maureen" > wrote in message
> Hi there! I'm Maureen, mom to 4 yo ds and 1 1/2 yo dd in PEI. We had the
> same weather here, and the kids had a blast today playing in all the snow.
> I got to shovel, lol!
>

> "Kim" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > WELL IT DID!!! In Nova Scotia! heh heh heh ... Imagine going to bed
> seeing
> > a little bit of grass with a few patches of snow here and there...
THEN...
> > Waking up to let the dog out the back door only to have the door slammed
> > shut from the wind!!! Reopen the door and try to convince the pup to go
> out
> > to pee and realize the pair of you are staring at a bank of snow over 5
> feet
> > high!!! LOL What a hoot!!!
> >
> > AND you know it's bad when Microsoft shuts down there center LOL Imagine
> the
> > stunned look on our devoted faces as we trudge to work only to find out
> that
> > they are closing for the day *grin* sheesh and well since you are
already
> > here why don't ya do some work LOL man oh man that was a trip!
> >
> > State of emergency we are under?!?!?! Heck I thought it was about 3
feet
> of
> > fallen snow we were under... drifting anywhere's from 5 feet to 7 feet
in
> > places... Can we build snow men? Nope too much of the stuff....
> >

> > Soooooooo has anyone else been playing in the white fluffies?

Maureen
February 22nd 04, 05:03 PM
We're practically neighbours! I'm originally from Halifax, but through many
moves have ended up on the Island where my family is. I can't imagine two
teenagers, but I guess it'll come faster than I think :)

Maureen

"Kim" > wrote in message
> [...]
> > > high!!! LOL What a hoot!!!
> > >
> > > AND you know it's bad when Microsoft shuts down there center LOL
Imagine
> > the
> > > stunned look on our devoted faces as we trudge to work only to find
out
> > that
> > > they are closing for the day *grin* sheesh and well since you are
> already
> > > here why don't ya do some work LOL man oh man that was a trip!
> > >
> > > State of emergency we are under?!?!?! Heck I thought it was about 3
> feet
> > of
> > > fallen snow we were under... drifting anywhere's from 5 feet to 7 feet
> in
> > > places... Can we build snow men? Nope too much of the stuff....
> > >

> > > Soooooooo has anyone else been playing in the white fluffies?

Lisa aka Surfer
February 22nd 04, 07:26 PM
Sorry Kimmer, but, hahahahahahahahahahaha

Better you than us

"Kim" > wrote in message
.. .
> WELL IT DID!!! In Nova Scotia! heh heh heh ... Imagine going to bed
seeing
> a little bit of grass with a few patches of snow here and there... THEN...
> Waking up to let the dog out the back door only to have the door slammed
> shut from the wind!!! Reopen the door and try to convince the pup to go
out
> to pee and realize the pair of you are staring at a bank of snow over 5
feet
> high!!! LOL What a hoot!!!
>
> AND you know it's bad when Microsoft shuts down there center LOL Imagine
the
> stunned look on our devoted faces as we trudge to work only to find out
that
> they are closing for the day *grin* sheesh and well since you are already
> here why don't ya do some work LOL man oh man that was a trip!
>
> State of emergency we are under?!?!?! Heck I thought it was about 3 feet
of
> fallen snow we were under... drifting anywhere's from 5 feet to 7 feet in
> places... Can we build snow men? Nope too much of the stuff....
>

> Soooooooo has anyone else been playing in the white fluffies?

Kim
February 22nd 04, 09:21 PM
<'Kate> wrote *snipped*

> That is soooo funny! The cutest seat in the whole class. She was
> talking about the desk, right?
>
> 'Kate

That's the problem... she's brazen enough to pull off either version LOL but
I'm pretty sure she meant the seat of the desk not her pants LOL

Kim
February 22nd 04, 09:23 PM
"Lisa aka Surfer" > wrote in message
> Sorry Kimmer, but, hahahahahahahahahahaha
>
> Better you than us

Yup Yup!!! Believe it or not she is such a blessing... Her antics bring a
smile to everyones face... what is difficult is seeing her have the mood
swings she has... WOW I know I didn't/don't have the outbursts this wild
thing has... She is worse than the NS weather LOL atleast there's a 5 minute
gap between those swings LOLOLOL

Maureen
February 23rd 04, 02:31 AM
<'Kate> wrote in message ...
> On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:58:15 GMT, "Maureen"
> >
> ><'Kate> wrote in message
> >> On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 03:59:38 GMT, "Maureen"

> >the
> >snow.
> >>
> >> Welcome to ass-p.
> >>
> >> 'Kate
> >
> >Thanks - looks like a good group of people.
> >
> >Maureen
>
> Yeah.. sometimes. Other times, we're just as bad as any other group...
> y ou know, wild parties, indiscriminate relationships, drinking,
> fighting, but thankfully, they're virtual behaviors and have no relation
> to real life.
>
> heh.
>
> 'Kate

Oh good, I'll fit right in.

haha

Maureen

CME
March 3rd 04, 08:36 AM
"Kim" > wrote in message
.. .
> WELL IT DID!!! In Nova Scotia! heh heh heh ... Imagine going to bed
seeing
> a little bit of grass with a few patches of snow here and there... THEN...
> Waking up to let the dog out the back door only to have the door slammed
> shut from the wind!!! Reopen the door and try to convince the pup to go
out
> to pee and realize the pair of you are staring at a bank of snow over 5
feet
> high!!! LOL What a hoot!!!
>
> AND you know it's bad when Microsoft shuts down there center LOL Imagine
the
> stunned look on our devoted faces as we trudge to work only to find out
that
> they are closing for the day *grin* sheesh and well since you are already
> here why don't ya do some work LOL man oh man that was a trip!
>
> State of emergency we are under?!?!?! Heck I thought it was about 3 feet
of
> fallen snow we were under... drifting anywhere's from 5 feet to 7 feet in
> places... Can we build snow men? Nope too much of the stuff....
>

> Soooooooo has anyone else been playing in the white fluffies?

More Canadian's joining the ng, EH? It's aBOOT time. ;)

Christine
(Mom to 8 year old twin boys in Alberta)

Kim
March 3rd 04, 07:39 PM
"CME" wrote in message

> "Kim" wrote in message

> > WELL IT DID!!! In Nova Scotia! heh heh heh ... Imagine going to bed

*SNIPPED*

> More Canadian's joining the ng, EH? It's aBOOT time. ;)
>
> Christine
> (Mom to 8 year old twin boys in Alberta)

*Grinning* no no fellow Canuck returning to the flock ;) was here a while
back got lost in life... Not that I don't have a life now... ohhhhhhhh poop
you know what I mean... Son now 17 and daughter 13 in 3 days or she hopes
she'll get there *grin*

Lisa
March 3rd 04, 08:02 PM
"Kim" > wrote in message
. ..

> "CME" wrote in message
> >
> > "Kim" wrote in message
>
> > > WELL IT DID!!! In Nova Scotia! heh heh heh ... Imagine going to bed
>
> *SNIPPED*
> >
> > More Canadian's joining the ng, EH? It's aBOOT time. ;)
> >
> > Christine
> > (Mom to 8 year old twin boys in Alberta)
> >

> *Grinning* no no fellow Canuck returning to the flock ;) was here a while
> back got lost in life... Not that I don't have a life now... ohhhhhhhh
poop
> you know what I mean... Son now 17 and daughter 13 in 3 days or she hopes
> she'll get there *grin*

It's taken her this long to dig out of the snow each year..........
BWHAHAHAHA
Did I say that again?
Silly me

Kim
March 4th 04, 11:27 AM
"Lisa" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Kim" > wrote in message
> . ..

> > *SNIPPED*
> > >
> > > More Canadian's joining the ng, EH? It's aBOOT time. ;)
> > >
> > > Christine
> > > (Mom to 8 year old twin boys in Alberta)
> > >

> > *Grinning* no no fellow Canuck returning to the flock ;) was here a
while
> > back got lost in life... Not that I don't have a life now... ohhhhhhhh
> poop
> > you know what I mean... Son now 17 and daughter 13 in 3 days or she
hopes
> > she'll get there *grin*
> >

> It's taken her this long to dig out of the snow each year..........
> BWHAHAHAHA
> Did I say that again?
> Silly me

LOL not very nice...Funny tho lol

Lisa
March 4th 04, 03:44 PM
"Kim" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Lisa" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >
> > "Kim" > wrote in message
> > . ..

> > > *SNIPPED*

> > > *Grinning* no no fellow Canuck returning to the flock ;) was here a
> while
> > > back got lost in life... Not that I don't have a life now... ohhhhhhhh
> > poop
> > > you know what I mean... Son now 17 and daughter 13 in 3 days or she
> hopes
> > > she'll get there *grin*
> > >

> > It's taken her this long to dig out of the snow each year..........
> > BWHAHAHAHA
> > Did I say that again?
> > Silly me
> >

> LOL not very nice...Funny tho lol

I know I know. Well Kim, if it's any consolation, we were frozen solid time
after time this winter, wind chills of -14300 or something. Now let's find
the (shoot to Monty Python mental picture, scene from the Holy Grail)
"Bright Side of Life".

It's March now. With all of the snow that you have there this year, the
rose bushes will have been nicely protected and should absolutely kick ass
this spring. Hurray for the East Coast!!

It's March now. With the deep freeze we endured round these parts, the
pestilence that I battled in my garden should be belly up dead this year
which should mean my lilies should absolutely kick ass this spring. Hurray
for Eastern Ontario!

Now, if only I could convince my pup that my seedlings are not salad. I
tell ya, with gardening, it's something different to deal with every year!
lol

Lisa

Kim
March 5th 04, 11:27 AM
*snipped*
> Now, if only I could convince my pup that my seedlings are not salad. I
> tell ya, with gardening, it's something different to deal with every year!
> lol
>
> Lisa

I don't dare plant anything below waist level... So I'm not sure what to
do... I have my herbs in pots around the house on the windows sills but
since I started planting the flower seeds we've noticed unusual happenings
(normally when we are gone from the house... We, too, have a pup (4 months
old and weighs 40 pounds!) who thinks seedlings are fabulous snacks... Added
to the fact that she believes it's nice to root around in the dirt as it's
warmer than the snow! lol golden lab with a black nose --- Uh huh we always
know what Abby is up to that's for sure... Can't get after her much either
cause she sprawls down and then gives you a goofy grin and literally WINKS
ONE EYE! LOL oh well... she's got class!

hehehehe
Kim

dolores
March 26th 04, 11:26 PM
"CME" > wrote in message

> "Kim" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > WELL IT DID!!! In Nova Scotia! heh heh heh ... Imagine going to bed
> seeing
> > a little bit of grass with a few patches of snow here and there...
THEN...
> > Waking up to let the dog out the back door only to have the door slammed
> > shut from the wind!!! Reopen the door and try to convince the pup to go
> out
> > to pee and realize the pair of you are staring at a bank of snow over 5
> feet
> > high!!! LOL What a hoot!!!
> >
> > AND you know it's bad when Microsoft shuts down there center LOL Imagine
> the
> > stunned look on our devoted faces as we trudge to work

You work at Microsoft Christine?.....Well whadda ya know...so does a friend
of mine and he's been transferred to Seattle (from UK)....... Ya never
know....one day ya could be walking round a corner....minding every bodies
business when guess who bumps into you!!......LMAO.....ME!!

Bet ya'd pee yer knickers!!

Dolores

CME
March 30th 04, 09:06 AM
"dolores" > wrote in message

> "CME" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Kim" > wrote in message
> > .. .
> > > WELL IT DID!!! In Nova Scotia! heh heh heh ... Imagine going to bed
> > seeing
> > > a little bit of grass with a few patches of snow here and there...
> THEN...
> > > Waking up to let the dog out the back door only to have the door
slammed
> > > shut from the wind!!! Reopen the door and try to convince the pup to
go
> > out
> > > to pee and realize the pair of you are staring at a bank of snow over
5
> > feet
> > > high!!! LOL What a hoot!!!
> > >
> > > AND you know it's bad when Microsoft shuts down there center LOL
Imagine
> > the
> > > stunned look on our devoted faces as we trudge to work
>

> You work at Microsoft Christine?.....Well whadda ya know...so does a
friend
> of mine and he's been transferred to Seattle (from UK)....... Ya never
> know....one day ya could be walking round a corner....minding every bodies
> business when guess who bumps into you!!......LMAO.....ME!!
>
> Bet ya'd pee yer knickers!!
>
> Dolores

No that was Kim's post... I'm in University for Criminology... and although
I'm quite proficient at the computer, I don't think I'm Microsoft material.
lol

Christine