PDA

View Full Version : Re: need help please

ishka bibble
July 17th 03, 02:41 PM
hi, i have a friend who may or may not find himself in a custody
battle. i am trying to offer him advice on the best way to head
things off at the pass / win. i am looking for all possible
information on what he can do to prepare. i have already told hima nd
he already is in the process of recording his custody payments. what
else? he lives in massachusetts for what that is worth.

thanks in advance.

dani
July 17th 03, 09:17 PM
ishka bibble wrote:
> hi, i have a friend who may or may not find himself in a custody
> battle.

May or may not? It would be good to be more certain. Working with the
other parent is the best way to take care of this one. Kinda like a
good business relationship.

i am trying to offer him advice on the best way to head
> things off at the pass / win.

A good lawyer. Fortunately, being from Mass. you could contact Barbara
Johnson. The one who ran for Governor this year. If she's not too busy
she would be the best bet IMO, or get a recommendation from her.

i am looking for all possible
> information on what he can do to prepare. i have already told him and
> he already is in the process of recording his custody payments. what
> else? he lives in massachusetts for what that is worth.

More info:

http://www.ancpr.org/

http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/

http://my.findlaw.com/

http://www.law.cornell.edu/topics/Table_Divorce.htm

Be more specific and I could give you better info and more specific
links, but the above are some of the best.

And sincerely, if they can at least talk, out of court, where you know
the odds, where you know the cost factor, it's the best and only way to
go.

Good Luck,

~ Dani

> thanks in advance.

ishka bibble
July 26th 03, 06:21 AM
dani > wrote in message . net>...
> ishka bibble wrote:
> > hi, i have a friend who may or may not find himself in a custody
> > battle.
>
> May or may not? It would be good to be more certain. Working with the
> other parent is the best way to take care of this one. Kinda like a
> good business relationship.

being more certain is the point. he is trying to work with the
mother. but she has on a couple of occasions used the child as a
weapon when angry. it isn't like a good business relationship - it is
more like a boss / employee relationship. the parent with custody is
the boss.

> i am trying to offer him advice on the best way to head
> > things off at the pass / win.
>
> A good lawyer. Fortunately, being from Mass. you could contact Barbara
> Johnson. The one who ran for Governor this year. If she's not too busy
> she would be the best bet IMO, or get a recommendation from her.

i'll pass that along

> i am looking for all possible
> > information on what he can do to prepare. i have already told him and
> > he already is in the process of recording his custody payments. what
> > else? he lives in massachusetts for what that is worth.
>
> More info:
>
> http://www.ancpr.org/
>
> http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/
>
> http://my.findlaw.com/
>
> http://www.law.cornell.edu/topics/Table_Divorce.htm
>
> Be more specific and I could give you better info and more specific
> links, but the above are some of the best.

basically she is still angry at the breakup of the marriage and once
in a while she gets ****ed and either takes a visitation away or
threatens to take the child away altogether.

> And sincerely, if they can at least talk, out of court, where you know
> the odds, where you know the cost factor, it's the best and only way to
> go.

agreed. it's a double edge sword. for the most part he is very calm
and tries to havereasonable and honest conversations but i think that
might be part of what drives her crazy. she wants him to hurt. and
while i understand that when you are hurt you want to strike back . .
.. it's the child that is going to suffer. and my friend.