PDA

View Full Version : Yippee! It's Over!!

gini52
July 17th 03, 06:20 PM
Received a check from Florida today for 291.63. We haven't had any
communication with them since the letter telling us to send them the 480.+
Go figure!
Now, all they owe us is 82.00 and I'm not going to fight it. I consider our
relationship with
FL/DOR and child support orders permanently severed. I am now looking
forward to
replacing my '89 Audi with 164,000 miles on it for something I can actually
drive out of town.
without having to be towed back ;-).
(NCPs & Second Wives--Remember, it does end eventually)
==
==

--
There may not be much difference
between Marilyn Monroe and Lenny

gini52
July 17th 03, 10:44 PM
"dani" > wrote in message
link.net...
> gini52 wrote:
> > Received a check from Florida today for 291.63. We haven't had any
> > communication with them since the letter telling us to send them the
480.+
> > Go figure!
> > Now, all they owe us is 82.00 and I'm not going to fight it. I consider
our
> > relationship with
> > FL/DOR and child support orders permanently severed. I am now looking
> > forward to
> > replacing my '89 Audi with 164,000 miles on it for something I can
actually
> > drive out of town.
> > without having to be towed back ;-).
> > (NCPs & Second Wives--Remember, it does end eventually)
> > ==
> > ==
> >

> Cool. But, I would go after the $82 on principle. You know they
> probably do this to everyone, the a-holes. What's $82 x 100,000 or
> more. Besides you owe them. Make them the gift that keeps on giving,
> like a nice long letter to their superiors.
==
Hehe--There are no superiors in Florida DOR--the supervisors are the ones
who encourage
the peeons to cheat in every conceivable way with NCPs. It would not
surprise me if they have a handbook
of illegal tactical maneuvers for use on NCPs.
I might let the 82. go but will not concede to DOR. (They might still send
the money, I guess).
I am now in a better position to be more vocal about DOR tactics and will be
in touch with all
the members of the Florida Legislature's Family Law Committee. They will
know what DOR has done to fathers and second families. I cannot comprehend
what it is like to have a FL order for young children and children/second
family to support.
My main fight will be to change the FL child support guidelines to consider
subsequent children
and expose violations of the Family Law Rules of Procedure used against
fathers.
==

> Anyway, very cool that it's over. I hope you are not leaving the NG as
> your words to a lot of people, I'm sure, have made a big difference.
>
> ~Dani
==
Thanks much, Dani. It is very cool. I'll be around. Can't let Layne off that
easily :-)
(Besides, this check might bounce.)
==
==

Bob Whiteside
July 17th 03, 11:51 PM
"gini52" > wrote in message
> Received a check from Florida today for 291.63. We haven't had any
> communication with them since the letter telling us to send them the 480.+
> Go figure!
> Now, all they owe us is 82.00 and I'm not going to fight it. I consider
our
> relationship with
> FL/DOR and child support orders permanently severed. I am now looking
> forward to
> replacing my '89 Audi with 164,000 miles on it for something I can
actually
> drive out of town.
> without having to be towed back ;-).
> (NCPs & Second Wives--Remember, it does end eventually)
> ==
> ==

Usually there is one more step before it's over. Check the Florida law on
how to close out the money judgment. There should be a way for you to ask
the Florida DOR/CSE to certify the CS obligation has been paid in full and
for them to provide that notice to the clerk of the court where the money
judgment is filed. This is an important step for several reasons. First,
it closes out the judgment forever. And second, it removes the open
judgment from credit reporting, or at least gives you a piece of paper to
show the judgment has been paid in full should it still appear on future
credit reports.

In my state the legal process for satisfactions is in an entirely different
section of the law from the normal CS stuff and is titled "Record of
Satisfaction or Assignment of Judgment; Support Orders." Our law offers two
options - one where CSE has the obligee sign a satisfaction and another
where the obligor submits a notarized affidavit to the CS program indicating
the judgment has been paid in full and asking for certification of full
payment.

Since you are in a different state make sure DOR/CSE sends separate copies
of the satisfactions to both states with the case/file numbers being managed
in each state.

Tracy
July 18th 03, 01:14 AM
"gini52" > wrote in message

> "dani" > wrote in message
> link.net...
> > Anyway, very cool that it's over. I hope you are not leaving the NG as
> > your words to a lot of people, I'm sure, have made a big difference.
> >
> > ~Dani
> ==
> Thanks much, Dani. It is very cool. I'll be around. Can't let Layne off
that
> easily :-)
> (Besides, this check might bounce.)

Glad to read you'll be around. At least keep in touch if you decide to stop
participating. :)

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

Freedom
July 18th 03, 03:06 AM
> I am now in a better position to be more vocal about DOR tactics and will
be
> in touch with all
> the members of the Florida Legislature's Family Law Committee. They will
> know what DOR has done to fathers and second families. I cannot comprehend
> what it is like to have a FL order for young children and children/second
> family to support.
> My main fight will be to change the FL child support guidelines to
consider
> subsequent children
> and expose violations of the Family Law Rules of Procedure used against
> fathers.

GO GO GO !!!

gini52
July 18th 03, 03:17 AM
"Bob Whiteside" > wrote in message
link.net...

> "gini52" > wrote in message
> > Received a check from Florida today for 291.63. We haven't had any
> > communication with them since the letter telling us to send them the
480.+
> > Go figure!
> > Now, all they owe us is 82.00 and I'm not going to fight it. I consider
> our
> > relationship with
> > FL/DOR and child support orders permanently severed. I am now looking
> > forward to
> > replacing my '89 Audi with 164,000 miles on it for something I can
> actually
> > drive out of town.
> > without having to be towed back ;-).
> > (NCPs & Second Wives--Remember, it does end eventually)
> > ==
> > ==
>
> Usually there is one more step before it's over. Check the Florida law on
> how to close out the money judgment. There should be a way for you to ask
> the Florida DOR/CSE to certify the CS obligation has been paid in full and
> for them to provide that notice to the clerk of the court where the money
> judgment is filed. This is an important step for several reasons. First,
> it closes out the judgment forever. And second, it removes the open
> judgment from credit reporting, or at least gives you a piece of paper to
> show the judgment has been paid in full should it still appear on future
> credit reports.
==
Thanks for the heads-up, Bob. In Florida it is in the Rules of Civil
Procedure. The Clerk of Court is required to send a notice of satisfaction
within 30 days of the "debtor's" written request. I will be doing that this
week.
In addition, we do have the letter from DOR that states the child support is
paid in full.
That's what they wrote just before telling us we owe them the 480. for
"costs." But, we
will get the statement of satisfaction as well as the payment history which
includes
the total amount of support paid through DOR. I'm sure the stepkids will
enjoy seeing that total ;-)
PA was never involved in this support case as it wasn't
transferred/registered here.
==
==

> In my state the legal process for satisfactions is in an entirely
different
> section of the law from the normal CS stuff and is titled "Record of
> Satisfaction or Assignment of Judgment; Support Orders." Our law offers
two
> options - one where CSE has the obligee sign a satisfaction and another
> where the obligor submits a notarized affidavit to the CS program
indicating
> the judgment has been paid in full and asking for certification of full
> payment.
>
> Since you are in a different state make sure DOR/CSE sends separate copies
> of the satisfactions to both states with the case/file numbers being
managed
> in each state.

J.D. Hoeye
July 18th 03, 04:02 AM
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:20:08 -0400, "gini52" > wrote:

>Received a check from Florida today for 291.63. We haven't had any
>communication with them since the letter telling us to send them the =
480.+
>Go figure!
>Now, all they owe us is 82.00 and I'm not going to fight it. I consider =
our
>relationship with
>FL/DOR and child support orders permanently severed. I am now looking
>forward to
>replacing my '89 Audi with 164,000 miles on it for something I can =
actually
>drive out of town.
>without having to be towed back ;-).
>(NCPs & Second Wives--Remember, it does end eventually)
>=3D=3D
>=3D=3D
someone, somewhere must have pointed out to them a damning error in
their case... and they don't want light on it...

but your just wanting it over and done is what they're banking on...

and exactly what i did in the end too...

good luck in the future.

JD
If the Facts Fail to Support Your Position,=20
Manipulate the Data.

gini52
July 18th 03, 04:29 AM
"J.D. Hoeye" > wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:20:08 -0400, "gini52" > wrote:

>Received a check from Florida today for 291.63. We haven't had any
>communication with them since the letter telling us to send them the 480.+
>Go figure!
>Now, all they owe us is 82.00 and I'm not going to fight it. I consider our
>relationship with
>FL/DOR and child support orders permanently severed. I am now looking
>forward to
>replacing my '89 Audi with 164,000 miles on it for something I can actually
>drive out of town.
>without having to be towed back ;-).
>(NCPs & Second Wives--Remember, it does end eventually)
>==
>==
someone, somewhere must have pointed out to them a damning error in
their case... and they don't want light on it...

but your just wanting it over and done is what they're banking on...

and exactly what i did in the end too...

good luck in the future.
==
Thank you :-)
==

JD
If the Facts Fail to Support Your Position,
Manipulate the Data.

Tracy
July 18th 03, 06:08 AM
"gini52" > wrote in message

> "Tracy" > wrote in message
> > "gini52" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > "dani" > wrote in message
> > > link.net...
> as

> > > ==
> > > Thanks much, Dani. It is very cool. I'll be around. Can't let Layne
off
> > that
> > > easily :-)
> > > (Besides, this check might bounce.)
> >

> > Glad to read you'll be around. At least keep in touch if you decide to
> stop
> > participating. :)
> ==
> Thanks--Will do. But, I'll be here for better or worse.

LOL - sounds like a real commitment to me. :)

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

The DaveŠ
July 18th 03, 06:52 AM
"gini52" wrote
> Thanks--Will do. But, I'll be here for better or worse.

Whether we like it, or not? ;-)

Father Drew
July 18th 03, 06:56 AM
Way to go Gini!!!
Eventually the nightmare ends, we all wake up sometime.

-Drew

"gini52" > wrote in message
> Received a check from Florida today for 291.63. We haven't had any
> communication with them since the letter telling us to send them the 480.+
> Go figure!
> Now, all they owe us is 82.00 and I'm not going to fight it. I consider
our
> relationship with
> FL/DOR and child support orders permanently severed. I am now looking
> forward to
> replacing my '89 Audi with 164,000 miles on it for something I can
actually
> drive out of town.
> without having to be towed back ;-).
> (NCPs & Second Wives--Remember, it does end eventually)
> ==
> ==
>

> --
> There may not be much difference
> between Marilyn Monroe and Lenny
> Bruce. If we check their coffins.
> --John Lennon

Tracy
July 18th 03, 07:46 AM
"gini52" > wrote in message

> "Tracy" > wrote in message
> > "gini52" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > "dani" > wrote in message
> > > link.net...
> as

> > > ==
> > > Thanks much, Dani. It is very cool. I'll be around. Can't let Layne
off
> > that
> > > easily :-)
> > > (Besides, this check might bounce.)
> >

> > Glad to read you'll be around. At least keep in touch if you decide to
> stop
> > participating. :)
> ==
> Thanks--Will do. But, I'll be here for better or worse.

LOL - sounds like a real commitment to me. :)

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

gini52
July 18th 03, 01:52 PM
"The DaveŠ" > wrote in message
> "gini52" wrote
> > Thanks--Will do. But, I'll be here for better or worse.
>
> Whether we like it, or not? ;-)
==
'fraid so, Dave.
==
==

Bob Whiteside
July 20th 03, 07:32 PM
"gini52" > wrote in message

> "Bob Whiteside" > wrote in message
> hlink.net...
> >
> > "gini52" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Bob Whiteside" > wrote in message
> > > link.net...

> > > 480.+
> > consider
> looking

> law
> > on
> > ask
> > and
> > money
> > First,
> future
> > > ==
> > > Thanks for the heads-up, Bob. In Florida it is in the Rules of Civil
> > > Procedure. The Clerk of Court is required to send a notice of
> satisfaction
> > > within 30 days of the "debtor's" written request. I will be doing that
> > this
> > > week.
> > > In addition, we do have the letter from DOR that states the child
> support
> > is
> > > paid in full.
> > > That's what they wrote just before telling us we owe them the 480. for
> > > "costs." But, we
> > > will get the statement of satisfaction as well as the payment history
> > which
> > > includes
> > > the total amount of support paid through DOR. I'm sure the stepkids
will
> > > enjoy seeing that total ;-)
> > > PA was never involved in this support case as it wasn't
> > > transferred/registered here.
> > > ==
> > > ==
> >
> > You are welcome. After sending the "debtors request for satisfaction"
you
> > will need to follow up repeatedly to ensure they actually file the
> > satisfaction and close out the money judgment. In my case the CS case
> > workers were not aware of how an obligor could use the laws to mandated
> them
> > to act on the obligor's behalf, so they "lost" the input I sent them.
> When
> > I followed up they reverted back to what they knew - ask the obligee to
> > provide a satisfaction. I had to go back through the "grievance
process"
> > get them to read the law and understand what it meant. The people in
CSE
> > are totally incompetent!
> >
> > CSE/DA's are sneaky and cannot be trusted. In my state there is no
> > legislative mandate for action beyond receiving the satisfaction, so
they
> do
> > nothing unless you press them to confirm they did something with your
> > request. CSE and the DA will hide behind the excuse there is no
> legislative
> > process set up for them to follow to justify their malfeasance.
> >
> > You are about to enter the "silly season" of CS enforcement.
> ==
> Let's see--In the last 7 years FL DOR/CSE/judge has:
>
> 1. Doubled the amount of support after we had subsequent children.
>
> 2. Told my husband that if he appealed the order, he would be thrown in
jail
> (which could be done
> because the judge had just ordered instant arrears).
>
> 3. Sent an income withholding order, unsigned, undated to my husband's
> employer with no copy to us (let alone the statement of obligor's
rights
> required by law).
>
> 4. Disallowed 7k in CS receipts when we paid her directly because we
> couldn't tell the judge *exactly* what is was for.
>
> 5. Sent time sensitive documents, pre-dated, meter posted (no postmark)
so
> that we would not receive them
> in time for a timely response ("10 days from the date of this
letter").

> 6. Ruled on matters without proper motion/notice.
>
> And, *now* you tell me we are entering the "silly season?"
> Say it ain't so, Bob! No matter, you can't rain on this parade ;-)
> ==
> ==

Nice list. But you described the "CYA period." You know, the period where
CSE sends you all the time sensitive documents without a date on them to
show when the document was prepared. The period where they back date
activity events in the "official records" to cover-up their gross
malfeasance. The period where they send you orders for approval of form and
substance and then add attachments after you don't object to what they sent
you. The period where they lose correspondence repeatedly from obligors
requiring follow-up after follow-up to get them to act under the law. The
period where they send duplicate refund checks to obligors to compensate for
over withholding and then slap the obligor with arrearage withholding
because they refunded too much.

The "silly season" is when they know you no longer owe CS, they have the
full satisfaction of judgment in hand, and they don't do anything with it.
During the "CYA period" CSE acts to screw obligors. When your case enters
the "silly season" the only way they can screw you further at that point is
to not act. I hope I have clarified the difference. :-))