PDA

View Full Version : BOO!

Dennis Here
March 27th 04, 07:41 AM
Hi guys, trouble with new computer/service provider, can read but not post.

Karen, I Emailed you.
'Kate, I Emailed one of your old addresses, but it does not like me!

Greetings to all
Dennis

Nick
March 27th 04, 09:58 AM
"Dennis Here" wrote ...

> Hi guys, trouble with new computer/service provider, can read but not
post.

<Grandmother eggs etc>

www.individual.net

or

http://www.individual.net/register.html

</grandmother eggs etc>

Hi Dennis !

March 28th 04, 04:39 AM
"Dennis Here" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi guys, trouble with new computer/service provider, can read but not post.
>
> Karen, I Emailed you.
> 'Kate, I Emailed one of your old addresses, but it does not like me!
>
> Greetings to all
> Dennis

Dennis, how is Freddie and are you and Dolores really getting it on?
V :;snickering::

Dennis Here
March 29th 04, 08:11 PM
"V" > wrote in message >...
> "Dennis Here" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hi guys, trouble with new computer/service provider, can read but not post.
> >
> > Karen, I Emailed you.
> > 'Kate, I Emailed one of your old addresses, but it does not like me!
> >
> > Greetings to all
> > Dennis
>
> Dennis, how is Freddie and are you and Dolores really getting it on?
> V :;snickering::

Freddie is fine, great company these days.
Dolores is fine too and also great company.

Dennis

Dennis Here
March 29th 04, 08:15 PM
Piggy back

> > 'Kate, I Emailed one of your old addresses, but it does not like me!

Good one 'Kate, I have to read your posts through Outlook, try and
remember what you said and then reply through Google where you don't
exist!
Yes, go for the Yahoo address and I will send you my new one.

Dennis

Alex Nemeth
March 30th 04, 12:42 AM
On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 13:53:23 -0600, 'Kate <> wrote:

>On 29 Mar 2004 11:15:42 -0800, (Dennis Here)
>>Piggy back

>>Good one 'Kate, I have to read your posts through Outlook, try and
>>remember what you said and then reply through Google where you don't
>>exist!
>>Yes, go for the Yahoo address and I will send you my new one.
>
>Wow... sucks to be you! :-)
>
>The yahoo one is probably ok. I cleared it out so that nothing would
>bounce. If it does, let me know.

Hummmmmmm......... I'd better check my address book.

>'Kate

Bebelestrnge
March 30th 04, 04:07 AM
>Subject: Re: BOO!
>From: ">'Kate <>
>Date: 3/29/2004 2:53 PM Eastern Standard Time
>
>On 29 Mar 2004 11:15:42 -0800, (Dennis Here)
>>Piggy back

>>Good one 'Kate, I have to read your posts through Outlook, try and
>>remember what you said and then reply through Google where you don't
>>exist!
>>Yes, go for the Yahoo address and I will send you my new one.
>
>Wow... sucks to be you! :-)
>
>The yahoo one is probably ok. I cleared it out so that nothing would
>bounce. If it does, let me know.
>
>'Kate

"Kate , I sent pictures of Jaime Gayle to your old hotmail addy ? Did you get
them?
Bev

Bebelestrnge
March 30th 04, 05:41 AM
>Subject: Re: BOO!
>From: ">'Kate <>
>Date: 3/29/2004 11:08 PM Eastern Standard Time
>
>On 30 Mar 2004 03:07:26 GMT, (Bebelestrnge)
>>>Subject: Re: BOO!
>
>>"Kate , I sent pictures of Jaime Gayle to your old hotmail addy ? Did you
>get
>>them?
>>Bev
>
>I let most of the accounts that I use to maintain go and only use my
>school account for email on a regular basis and only for class so no...
>I haven't gotten any private emails in quite some time. I haven't had
>the time or energy to write 'em anyway so the other two accounts died of
>natural causes.

hmmm, O.K. splains a lot .....I know there is a way to do this through a post,
lemme start playing, maybe if I cut and paste a link to the
album...................lets see what I can screw up now ! Bev
>'Kate

Bebelestrnge
March 31st 04, 04:20 AM
>Subject: Re: BOO!
>From: ">'Kate <>
>Date: 3/30/2004 3:27 PM Eastern Standard Time
>
>On 30 Mar 2004 04:41:11 GMT, (Bebelestrnge)
>>>Subject: Re: BOO!
>>>From: ">'Kate <>
>>>Date: 3/29/2004 11:08 PM Eastern Standard Time
>>>
>>>On 30 Mar 2004 03:07:26 GMT, (Bebelestrnge)

>>>get
>>>
>>>I let most of the accounts that I use to maintain go and only use my
>>>school account for email on a regular basis and only for class so no...
>>>I haven't gotten any private emails in quite some time. I haven't had
>>>the time or energy to write 'em anyway so the other two accounts died of
>>>natural causes.
>>

>>hmmm, O.K. splains a lot .....I know there is a way to do this through a
>post,
>>lemme start playing, maybe if I cut and paste a link to the
>>album...................lets see what I can screw up now ! Bev
>
>That should work.

Arghhhh!!!!!!!!!!! may be easy fer you to say!
I been tryin and tryin and still be tryin and ding dang darn it fer ****s sakes
this thing is annoying the poop outta me.............time for a smoke break and
damn it is cold outside AGAIN! I'll keep plugging at it and maybe by the time
she is 18 you will see these pics LOL! Bev

>'Kate

Paul Griffiths
April 18th 04, 11:37 PM
<'Kate> wrote in message ...
> On 26 Mar 2004 23:41:42 -0800, (Dennis Here)
>
> >'Kate, I Emailed one of your old addresses, but it does not like me!
>
> ah.. yeah. If you have a new email address, then it will bounce until I
> add it. Cursed spammers. The impasse is that I'm not willing to put my
> email address on a newsgroup anymore but I would like to stay in touch.
> Rock... hard place... rock.... hard place. Hmmm. Is the address above
> valid?

I run Mailwasher these days for very much this reason. I get around 200
spam emails a day now but it automatically filters out the majority of them
and makes things more manageable for me.

I'm still refusing to give in and munge my email address 'cos I don't want
to make it hard for folks to contact me but that time may come. Ah well.

--
Paul Griffiths

Paul Griffiths
April 20th 04, 09:54 PM
<'Kate> wrote in message ...
> On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 23:37:04 +0100, "Paul Griffiths"
> >

> >I run Mailwasher these days for very much this reason. I get around 200
> >spam emails a day now but it automatically filters out the majority of
them
> >and makes things more manageable for me.
>
> How does it know the difference between real mail and spam?

It uses publically available lists of known spammers which seems to catch a
large proportion of them. The remainder it scans heuristically and makes
"suggestions" on the basis that it "might" be spam or contain a virus or
whatever.

It also allows the user to produce and maintain their own black and white
lists.

> I often get emails with the university address and some from other
non-traditional
> students that need help/advice or to vent. I don't want to filter those.

I have it set so that it doesn't automatically filter anything, just mark it
for deletion, then I just have to quickly cast an eye over the header info
before pressing the delete button.

It's probably not the best thing out there and it certainly has some crude
aspects but it works well enough for me ATM. YMMV

--
Paul Griffiths