PDA

View Full Version : April fools ideas?

lm
March 31st 04, 05:24 PM
I need some new ideas, kids. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
Here's what worked last year:

pebbles in the breakfast bowls
buttermilk over the cereal
sour cream in the toothpaste tube
salt in the coffee (this one wasn't for the kids :-)

This year I think I'm going to put dry cat food in the cereal box, but
what else?! They've come to expect being fooled so I have to be
sneaky.

lm

Viceroy Fizzlebottom
March 31st 04, 05:44 PM
lm wrote:
> I need some new ideas, kids. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
> Here's what worked last year:
>
> pebbles in the breakfast bowls
> buttermilk over the cereal
> sour cream in the toothpaste tube
> salt in the coffee (this one wasn't for the kids :-)
>
> This year I think I'm going to put dry cat food in the cereal box, but
> what else?! They've come to expect being fooled so I have to be
> sneaky.

I'll probably take some flack for this one, but...

Every year my son gets me with something, so last year, I decided to
zing him back, big time. Since he had just turned 13, I created a fake
letter from the DOD (Army actually) and a personalized form letter from
Donny Rumsfeld indicating that the president signed an executive order
authorizing the Army to draft down to age thirteen for service and
logistics jobs to support the actions in the middle east. He was to
report to the local MEPS facility that weekend for processing and ship
out to basic training. I made it look really official and had my sister
place it in the mailbox (since he was first home and checked the mail
first.)

He fell for it hook, line and sinker....called me at work, called his
mom, his grandma, everyone...it wasn't until later that night that I
sprung it as a joke.

He didn't speak to me for two days.

It was classic ;-)
--
Eric W.
Colorado Springs, CO

A.A.#2174

Me: http://www.egwilliams.net

Lisa
March 31st 04, 07:49 PM
"Viceroy Fizzlebottom" > wrote in message >
> He fell for it hook, line and sinker....called me at work, called his
> mom, his grandma, everyone...it wasn't until later that night that I
> sprung it as a joke.
>
> He didn't speak to me for two days.
>
> It was classic ;-)
> --

LMAO

Lisa

> Me: http://www.egwilliams.net

Dennis Here
April 1st 04, 07:21 PM
lm > wrote in message >...
> I need some new ideas, kids. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
> Here's what worked last year:
>
> pebbles in the breakfast bowls
> buttermilk over the cereal
> sour cream in the toothpaste tube
> salt in the coffee (this one wasn't for the kids :-)
>
> This year I think I'm going to put dry cat food in the cereal box, but
> what else?! They've come to expect being fooled so I have to be
> sneaky.
>
> lm

Freddie caught me this morning. He changed ends in his bed last night
so I woke up his feet!
Smart bit of forward thinking.

Dennis

lm
April 2nd 04, 04:44 PM
On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 16:44:49 GMT, Viceroy Fizzlebottom
> wrote:

>lm wrote:
>> I need some new ideas, kids. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
>> Here's what worked last year:
>>
>> pebbles in the breakfast bowls
>> buttermilk over the cereal
>> sour cream in the toothpaste tube
>> salt in the coffee (this one wasn't for the kids :-)
>>
>> This year I think I'm going to put dry cat food in the cereal box, but
>> what else?! They've come to expect being fooled so I have to be
>> sneaky.
>
>I'll probably take some flack for this one, but...
>
>Every year my son gets me with something, so last year, I decided to
>zing him back, big time. Since he had just turned 13, I created a fake
>letter from the DOD (Army actually) and a personalized form letter from
>Donny Rumsfeld indicating that the president signed an executive order
>authorizing the Army to draft down to age thirteen for service and
>logistics jobs to support the actions in the middle east. He was to
>report to the local MEPS facility that weekend for processing and ship
>out to basic training. I made it look really official and had my sister
>place it in the mailbox (since he was first home and checked the mail
>first.)
>
>He fell for it hook, line and sinker....called me at work, called his
>mom, his grandma, everyone...it wasn't until later that night that I
>sprung it as a joke.
>
>He didn't speak to me for two days.
>
>It was classic ;-)

Holy moly! I think that one's a winner! My
homemade-salty-playdough-made-to-look-like-cinnamon-scones pales in
comparison, although one kid and one spouse were fooled enough :-)

lm