PDA

View Full Version : Child Support HELP She wants child support & I had custody!

Live Wire Cycles NY/LI
July 25th 03, 03:08 AM
If anyone could help me it would be appreciated? My ex and I divorced in 86,
and in the Divorce papers I agreed to pay support at $25.00 per week which I
did. In 1987, or about 18 months after our divorce, my son came to live with
me and I received custody ordered by a judge, which my ex and me were in
agreement with. Child support was vacated obviously and I didn't seek any
child support from my ex. My son is now 26 years old.
Now, after all these years I receive a call from a Child Support Enforcement
Unit (not an attorney) located in TX that says that I owe her child support
for my son who I raised and supported all these years! They wanted me to
send them a copy of the Change Of Custody papers but refused to send me
anything whatsoever until I sent them something!
My Questions are:\
Do you think this was a fishing expedition on behalf of a collection office?
All they could have is our divorce papers and no judgement whatsoever!
What can they do?
Should I send them any papers? (Why should I make their job any easier which
to me is what they want me to do by providing the change of custody papers?)
Can I sue her NOW for back child support because she never paid me a dime?
How long can someone go after someone for child support?
Doesn't the court have a copy of the original change of custody papers if I
can't find them? May be easier to get them at the court then look!

Thank you in advance for any information or links that you can provide. I
live in New York and my ex lives in PA now. My e-mail address is:

Sincerely,

George

Tracy
July 25th 03, 04:04 AM
"Live Wire Cycles NY/LI" > wrote in message

Hi George,

> If anyone could help me it would be appreciated? My ex and I divorced in
86,
> and in the Divorce papers I agreed to pay support at $25.00 per week which
> did. In 1987, or about 18 months after our divorce, my son came to live
with
> me and I received custody ordered by a judge, which my ex and me were in
> agreement with. Child support was vacated obviously and I didn't seek any
> child support from my ex.

Obviously? What it part of the custody agreement? If not, she may have you
by the balls - sorry.

> My son is now 26 years old.
> Now, after all these years I receive a call from a Child Support
Enforcement
> Unit (not an attorney) located in TX that says that I owe her child
support
> for my son who I raised and supported all these years! They wanted me to
> send them a copy of the Change Of Custody papers but refused to send me
> anything whatsoever until I sent them something!

Do it!!! No joke, if those papers can save your butt, send them in. Don't
fight with some pencil pushing dewb... save your butt and send them those
papers.

> My Questions are:\
> Do you think this was a fishing expedition on behalf of a collection
office?
> All they could have is our divorce papers and no judgement whatsoever!
> What can they do?
> Should I send them any papers? (Why should I make their job any easier
which
> to me is what they want me to do by providing the change of custody
papers?)
> Can I sue her NOW for back child support because she never paid me a dime?
> How long can someone go after someone for child support?
> Doesn't the court have a copy of the original change of custody papers if
> can't find them? May be easier to get them at the court then look!

talk to an attorney and find out if you have a case against her for
harassment. Sue her butt. :)

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

gini52
July 25th 03, 04:27 AM
"Live Wire Cycles NY/LI" > wrote in message
> If anyone could help me it would be appreciated? My ex and I divorced in
86,
> and in the Divorce papers I agreed to pay support at $25.00 per week which
> did. In 1987, or about 18 months after our divorce, my son came to live
with
> me and I received custody ordered by a judge, which my ex and me were in
> agreement with. Child support was vacated obviously and I didn't seek any
> child support from my ex. My son is now 26 years old.
> Now, after all these years I receive a call from a Child Support
Enforcement
> Unit (not an attorney) located in TX that says that I owe her child
support
> for my son who I raised and supported all these years! They wanted me to
> send them a copy of the Change Of Custody papers but refused to send me
> anything whatsoever until I sent them something!
==
Official court business is done in writing, not by phone. This is
immediately suspect. If a change of
custody order exists, CSE has it. You don't need to send them anything. If
it doesn't
exist, and this is legit, you could have a problem.
(More Below)
==

> My Questions are:\
> Do you think this was a fishing expedition on behalf of a collection
office?
> All they could have is our divorce papers and no judgement whatsoever!
> What can they do?
> Should I send them any papers? (Why should I make their job any easier
which
> to me is what they want me to do by providing the change of custody
papers?)
==
Not unless you receive something in writing on official letterhead.
(More)
==
> Can I sue her NOW for back child support because she never paid me a dime?
> How long can someone go after someone for child support?
> Doesn't the court have a copy of the original change of custody papers if
> can't find them? May be easier to get them at the court then look!
==
Call the court of jurisdiction and ask. Jurisdiction is normally where the
child lives.
TX may not have any personal jurisdiction over you. You do not want to do
anything that
waives your right to challenge jurisdiction. State statutes vary re
time limits for collecting and ordering. What state did the child live in
when he was a minor?
==
==

> Thank you in advance for any information or links that you can provide. I
> live in New York and my ex lives in PA now. My e-mail address is:
>

> Sincerely,
>
> George

Bob Whiteside
July 25th 03, 05:45 AM
"Live Wire Cycles NY/LI" > wrote in message
> Thank you for your response:

> all of these years. The divorce is in New York also. The change of custody
> was done here in Queens NY. He is mentally handicapped and needed to be
> supervised at all times. He was in special schools and had many doctor and
> medical professionals. I gave up a lot of things in my life to take care
of
> him such as a social life, education and a normal life. It was no picnic.
> didn't want to ask my ex for any money because I knew that she didn't have
> any! I just asked her to visit him which she never did. No Cards, nothing
> for many years! To the best of my knowledge, she lives in PA with her new
> husband. She is a lowlife. My son is 26 now.
>
> Thank you in advance for any help that you may be able to provide in links
> or whatever as I remain

Taking what you are posting here at face value, if neither you, the child's
mother, or the child has ever lived in Texas, you may be the victim of
identity fraud. If someone in Texas has used your Social Security Account
Number you may be identified as the erroneous father of another man's child
who has assumed your identity. Tell the CSE authorities everything you know
but do not admit to paternity.

Chris
July 25th 03, 06:35 AM
"Tracy" > wrote in message
> "Live Wire Cycles NY/LI" > wrote in message
>
> Hi George,
>
> > If anyone could help me it would be appreciated? My ex and I divorced in
> 86,
> > and in the Divorce papers I agreed to pay support at $25.00 per week
which
> > did. In 1987, or about 18 months after our divorce, my son came to live
> with
> > me and I received custody ordered by a judge, which my ex and me were in
> > agreement with. Child support was vacated obviously and I didn't seek
any
> > child support from my ex.
>
> Obviously? What it part of the custody agreement? If not, she may have
you
> by the balls - sorry.
>

> > My son is now 26 years old.
> > Now, after all these years I receive a call from a Child Support
> Enforcement
> > Unit (not an attorney) located in TX that says that I owe her child
> support
> > for my son who I raised and supported all these years! They wanted me to
> > send them a copy of the Change Of Custody papers but refused to send me
> > anything whatsoever until I sent them something!
>
> Do it!!! No joke, if those papers can save your butt, send them in.
Don't
> fight with some pencil pushing dewb... save your butt and send them those
> papers.
>
> > My Questions are:\
> > Do you think this was a fishing expedition on behalf of a collection
> office?
> > All they could have is our divorce papers and no judgement whatsoever!
> > What can they do?
> > Should I send them any papers? (Why should I make their job any easier
> which
> > to me is what they want me to do by providing the change of custody
> papers?)
> > Can I sue her NOW for back child support because she never paid me a
dime?
> > How long can someone go after someone for child support?
> > Doesn't the court have a copy of the original change of custody papers
if
> > can't find them? May be easier to get them at the court then look!
>
> talk to an attorney and find out if you have a case against her for
> harassment. Sue her butt. :)
>

> Tracy
> ~~~~~~~
> http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/

Nice web site! Seems you have improved it.

> "You can't solve problems with the same
> type of thinking that created them."
> Albert Einstein
>
> *** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

gini52
July 25th 03, 06:39 AM
"Bob Whiteside" > wrote in message
arthlink.net...

> "Live Wire Cycles NY/LI" > wrote in message
> > Thank you for your response:

throughout
> > all of these years. The divorce is in New York also. The change of
custody
> > was done here in Queens NY. He is mentally handicapped and needed to be
> > supervised at all times. He was in special schools and had many doctor
and
> > medical professionals. I gave up a lot of things in my life to take care
> of
> > him such as a social life, education and a normal life. It was no
picnic.
> > didn't want to ask my ex for any money because I knew that she didn't
have
> > any! I just asked her to visit him which she never did. No Cards,
nothing
> > for many years! To the best of my knowledge, she lives in PA with her
new
> > husband. She is a lowlife. My son is 26 now.
> >
> > Thank you in advance for any help that you may be able to provide in
links
> > or whatever as I remain
>
> Taking what you are posting here at face value, if neither you, the
child's
> mother, or the child has ever lived in Texas, you may be the victim of
> identity fraud. If someone in Texas has used your Social Security Account
> Number you may be identified as the erroneous father of another man's
child
> who has assumed your identity. Tell the CSE authorities everything you
know
> but do not admit to paternity.
==
Bob, Have you ever heard of CSE contacting an "obligor" by phone and not in
writing?
This makes no sense. Too, I can see no TX jurisdiction over this matter at
all. Curious.
==
==

Mel Gamble
July 25th 03, 08:34 AM
George, you have received more than one reply suggesting there is something
fishy here. At least one has suggested something related to identity fraud.

DO NOT send a copy of your divorce papers without verifying that you are
actually dealing with the state - they most likely contain enough personal
information to make that identity fraud a real possibility.

Mel Gamble

> [...]
>> > Doesn't the court have a copy of the original change of custody papers
>if
>> > can't find them? May be easier to get them at the court then look!
>> ==
>> Call the court of jurisdiction and ask. Jurisdiction is normally where the
>> child lives.
>> TX may not have any personal jurisdiction over you. You do not want to do
>> anything that
>> waives your right to challenge jurisdiction. State statutes vary re
>> time limits for collecting and ordering. What state did the child live in
>> when he was a minor?
>> ==
>> ==
>> >
>> > Thank you in advance for any information or links that you can provide.
>> > live in New York and my ex lives in PA now. My e-mail address is:

Live Wire Cycles NY/LI
July 25th 03, 03:19 PM
Thank you Mel and everyone who has posted here:
Yes, I think that Identity Fraud could be a possibility, although I do
have credit alert and I feel that I would have been contacted in the event
that someone attempted to use my name through the service. Nevertheless, I
will check this out today to be absolutely certain. The people who contacted
me did know the name of my ex wife and son. They also claimed to have my
social security number and addresses. They did not have an attorney
immediately available for me to communicate with when I requested to speak
to one. They also said that they would not provide me with any documents
whatsoever until I sent them my change of custody papers which would close
the case if what I said was correct and could be verified. Otherwise, they
would proceed and hung-up on me after I told them that I would not send
anything to them and requested that they send me paper work including an
affidavit from my ex that the claim was based on. They also said that they
were recording the phone call after I asked them if they minded if I did.
There are no judgments against me whatsoever! I have never been to court
with my ex wife other then to change the custody of my son. I don't remember
what year we actually did this so I need to call the Family court today and
see how easy it is to obtain a copy of the court order. Otherwise I need to
dig through years and years of paperwork here in the house, but I'm sure
that I have the papers somewhere, I never throw away any documents
whatsoever! How could they come after me without sending me a summons to
appear in court? Below is the address that they said that I was to send the
change of custody papers to. I did call back the phone number that this
person gave me and confirmed that the number was directly to this Agency
which identifies themselves as "Child Support Enforcement." I have also done
research on the web with respect to this organization which yields nothing
whatsoever. There does appear to be other businesses that do the same type o
f collections (Child Support) that are also based in TX. I found them
through a yahoo search. So there will be a lot of calls made today and one
to the phone company to get a new phone as well for many reason's.
Obviously, I want to record all calls on this line now. I also called my
ex' father in law last night and told him to which he claimed to have no
knowledge of. Be this as it may or may not, the purpose of the call was not
to get information, but rather to send. I'm sure if my ex didn't do this,
then she will be calling me sometime soon also! In the meanwhile, I want to
find out as much as I can about this because, I intend on suing for back
child support now. If I win, I'll give the money to my son!

Thank you for your input....
Allen Cameron, Supervisor

4120 Fredrick Lane

Suite #175

Austin, TX 78744

"Mel Gamble" > wrote in message
> [...]
> >> ==

> >> office?
> >> which
> >> papers?)
> >> ==
> >> Not unless you receive something in writing on official letterhead.
> >> (More)
> >> ==
> >dime?
> >if
> >> ==
> >> Call the court of jurisdiction and ask. Jurisdiction is normally where
the
> >> child lives.
> >> TX may not have any personal jurisdiction over you. You do not want to
do
> >> anything that
> >> waives your right to challenge jurisdiction. State statutes vary re
> >> time limits for collecting and ordering. What state did the child live

gini52
July 25th 03, 04:17 PM
> [...]
> whatsoever. There does appear to be other businesses that do the same type
> f collections (Child Support) that are also based in TX. I found them
> through a yahoo search. So there will be a lot of calls made today and one
> to the phone company to get a new phone as well for many reason's.
> Obviously, I want to record all calls on this line now. I also called my
> ex' father in law last night and told him to which he claimed to have no
> knowledge of. Be this as it may or may not, the purpose of the call was
not
> to get information, but rather to send. I'm sure if my ex didn't do this,
> then she will be calling me sometime soon also! In the meanwhile, I want
> find out as much as I can about this because, I intend on suing for back
> child support now. If I win, I'll give the money to my son!

==
I can assure you this is not legit. I'm glad you posted here before you
responded to this "agency."
You might also consider reporting this agency to the TX and NY attorneys
general. Re suing your ex
for CS--NY appears to be the controlling jurisdiction so you need to check
those statutes to determine what, if anything, you can sue for now.
==
==

frazil
July 26th 03, 12:51 AM
This is crap. At the following URL you'll find the addresses of Texas CSE
offices. The address you gave doesn't appear on the list. I can virtually
assure you that whatever is going on is bullsh*t. Do nothing, but sit back
and laugh. If it is a private company that called you they can do nothing
without providing you a court order.

> [...]
> > >was done here in Queens NY. He is mentally handicapped and needed to be
> > >supervised at all times. He was in special schools and had many doctor
> and
> > >medical professionals. I gave up a lot of things in my life to take
care
> of
> > >him such as a social life, education and a normal life. It was no
picnic.
> > >didn't want to ask my ex for any money because I knew that she didn't
> have
> > >any! I just asked her to visit him which she never did. No Cards,
nothing
> > >for many years! To the best of my knowledge, she lives in PA with her
new
> > >husband. She is a lowlife. My son is 26 now.
> > >
> > >Thank you in advance for any help that you may be able to provide in

gini52
July 26th 03, 02:14 AM
"frazil" > wrote in message

> Live Wire Cycles NY/LI > wrote in message
> > Can I sue her NOW for back child support because she never paid me a
dime?

> Most likely not.
>
> > How long can someone go after someone for child support?
>
> Forever, but they have to first have a judgement against you. And they
can
> only go after you for back CS from the date the request to receive CS was
> filed with the courts.
==
Not necessarily--This varies by state. Unless there has been a recent
change, in PA child support can be filed for
after the child reaches the age of majority as long as the the adult child
signs the petition for support. A judgement is not required . The CS award
will be based on the NCP parent's income
at the time the child was a minor, if the income can be proven, and support
was not paid.
If the income cannot be determined, the NCP's current income is used. We
were
in this situation as well. With all the CS we have paid to my husband's ex,
we never filed for support
from her for the years he was with us and it would now be a substantial
amount. BUT, because
my stepson would have to be a party to the action against his mother, we
will not do it. If it
just weren't for that little glitch. The amazing thing is that after all the
squawking she did over every
damn dime, she never, ever gave us a dime of support. It hasn't even
occurred to her that she might
have an obligation to us. Under statute, we could file for 4 years of
support from her.
She hasn't a clue. I would just love to see her face-- :-O (A fantasy that
will never come true.)
==
==

Live Wire Cycles NY/LI
July 26th 03, 01:37 PM
These people accessed my Credit through all services! Claimed that they
needed to contact me and didn't know where I was! When I called back and
talked to Cameron (supv.) he informed me that he has a number of about
$17,766.00 right now with interest and fee's which clearly states that my
ex. has made the claim that she has been the custodial parent through-out
all of these years! This was done through the US Postal System. I need to
get the change of custody papers otherwise I am totally screwed forever.
Doesn't matter what I can prove otherwise, and these people don't care about
that. There is no judgment! I need a very creative lawyer in New York! Who
is the best with respect to these types of cases? Does anyone know of a few
top lawyers? I would rather pay a lawyer and sue her for FRAUD. Actually, I
was never represented by a lawyer in my divorce and the divorce papers are
the only documents that they have to work with. They claimed to have a power
of attorney from my ex and an affidavit that clearly states the amount that
they believe is owed. They claimed that they sent a letter that I never
received.

After all these years of taking care of my son, a mentally handicapped boy
who I sacrificed everything in my life to stand by, I have this to deal
with. All of that doesn't matter to these people. This organization could
care less! All this is about is money to them.

Yesterday: the name of the organization is Supportkids, Inc.:
Profile

Participant through 1/31/2004

Company Information

Supportkids, Inc.

4120 Friedrich Lane

Austin, TX 78744 Phone: 512-437-6000

Fax: 512-437-6030

Email:

Product Description: Company sells child support recovery services through
the web.

Business Start Date: Monday, April 01, 1991

Bureau File Open Date: Monday, November 25, 1991

Company Management: Richard Hoffman, CEO

Customer Service Contact:

Yvonne Johnson

Director of Client Services Phone: 512-437-6000

Email:

To search Better Business Bureau Company Reports, click here

As a BBBOnLine Participant, this company is a member of the Better Business

Bureau, and accordingly meets all BBB membership standards. As a matter of

policy, the Better Business Bureau does not endorse any product, service or

company. BBB reports are provided solely to assist you in your own best

judgement. BBB reports are subject to change at any time.

"gini52" > wrote in message

> "frazil" > wrote in message
> >
> > Live Wire Cycles NY/LI > wrote in message
> > > Can I sue her NOW for back child support because she never paid me a
> dime?
> >
> > Most likely not.
> >
> > > How long can someone go after someone for child support?
> >
> > Forever, but they have to first have a judgement against you. And they
> can
> > only go after you for back CS from the date the request to receive CS
was
> > filed with the courts.
> ==
> Not necessarily--This varies by state. Unless there has been a recent
> change, in PA child support can be filed for
> after the child reaches the age of majority as long as the the adult child
> signs the petition for support. A judgement is not required . The CS
award
> will be based on the NCP parent's income
> at the time the child was a minor, if the income can be proven, and
support
> was not paid.
> If the income cannot be determined, the NCP's current income is used. We
> were
> in this situation as well. With all the CS we have paid to my husband's
ex,
> we never filed for support
> from her for the years he was with us and it would now be a substantial
> amount. BUT, because
> my stepson would have to be a party to the action against his mother, we
> will not do it. If it
> just weren't for that little glitch. The amazing thing is that after all
the
> squawking she did over every
> damn dime, she never, ever gave us a dime of support. It hasn't even
> occurred to her that she might
> have an obligation to us. Under statute, we could file for 4 years of
> support from her.
> She hasn't a clue. I would just love to see her face-- :-O (A fantasy
that
> will never come true.)
> ==
> ==

gini52
July 26th 03, 03:52 PM
"frazil" > wrote in message
> Something is fishy about your story. SupportKids makes it *very clear*
that
> in order to enlist their services the CP must have a court order requiring
> payment of CS from the NCP.
>
> From your story I suspect that your change of custody order doesn't
mention
> relieving you of the requirment to pay support to the mother. Custody and
> support are separate matters.
===
In our case, when my stepson came to live with us, we continued paying
support for the
child with the CP but did not get a change of custody or a CS modification.
At that time, my husband was ordered to pay 300. every two weeks for the
kids. When my stepson lived with us, we paid her 150. every two weeks. When
the
ex went to court to try to get support for the child we had physical custody
of, the judge turned her down.
She said, "Yes he lived with his dad and he didn't pay my support for him
during all that time." The judge told her
he wasn't going to give her CS for a child she didn't have custody of. This
was one of our victories
in the CS case from hell. It might have been overturned on appeal but she
did not appeal.
===
===
IOW getting a change in custody doesn't
> [...]
husband's
> > ex,
> > > we never filed for support
> > > from her for the years he was with us and it would now be a
substantial
> > > amount. BUT, because
> > > my stepson would have to be a party to the action against his mother,
we
> > > will not do it. If it
> > > just weren't for that little glitch. The amazing thing is that after
all
> > the
> > > squawking she did over every
> > > damn dime, she never, ever gave us a dime of support. It hasn't even
> > > occurred to her that she might
> > > have an obligation to us. Under statute, we could file for 4 years of
> > > support from her.
> > > She hasn't a clue. I would just love to see her face-- :-O (A fantasy

frazil
July 26th 03, 04:14 PM
Something is fishy about your story. SupportKids makes it *very clear* that
in order to enlist their services the CP must have a court order requiring
payment of CS from the NCP.

From your story I suspect that your change of custody order doesn't mention
relieving you of the requirment to pay support to the mother. Custody and
support are separate matters. IOW getting a change in custody doesn't
> [...]

> > were
> > in this situation as well. With all the CS we have paid to my husband's
> ex,
> > we never filed for support
> > from her for the years he was with us and it would now be a substantial
> > amount. BUT, because
> > my stepson would have to be a party to the action against his mother, we
> > will not do it. If it
> > just weren't for that little glitch. The amazing thing is that after all
> the
> > squawking she did over every
> > damn dime, she never, ever gave us a dime of support. It hasn't even
> > occurred to her that she might
> > have an obligation to us. Under statute, we could file for 4 years of
> > support from her.
> > She hasn't a clue. I would just love to see her face-- :-O (A fantasy

Tracy
July 26th 03, 09:03 PM
George,

Didn't you say you were going to talk to an attorney? I thought you had an
appointment. If so, what did the attorney tell you?

Sure you can go after your ex and sue her, but if this can be dropped
without going to court - then don't sue. Just let it go and be the better
parent. If anything you should seek possible criminal charges against her.
What she is doing is not only immoral, but possibly criminal.

Tracy
~~~~~~~
> [...]

> > were
> > in this situation as well. With all the CS we have paid to my husband's
> ex,
> > we never filed for support
> > from her for the years he was with us and it would now be a substantial
> > amount. BUT, because
> > my stepson would have to be a party to the action against his mother, we
> > will not do it. If it
> > just weren't for that little glitch. The amazing thing is that after all
> the
> > squawking she did over every
> > damn dime, she never, ever gave us a dime of support. It hasn't even
> > occurred to her that she might
> > have an obligation to us. Under statute, we could file for 4 years of
> > support from her.
> > She hasn't a clue. I would just love to see her face-- :-O (A fantasy

Tracy
July 26th 03, 09:06 PM
"frazil" > wrote in message
> Something is fishy about your story. SupportKids makes it *very clear*
that
> in order to enlist their services the CP must have a court order requiring
> payment of CS from the NCP.

That's probably why they are wanting to see the court order document
concerning custody, etc. In other words, the documentation she provided
them told them he owes her back support. But since the original
documentation there were some changes, and they were legally documented. So
they want to clear things up.

BTW folks - this is a good example why I've expressed over the years to make
those agreements legal. I know many people have some very strong
opinions/feelings towards our court system - but making agreements legal can
save you a bundle in the future.

Tracy
~~~~~~~
> [...]

husband's
> > ex,
> > > we never filed for support
> > > from her for the years he was with us and it would now be a
substantial
> > > amount. BUT, because
> > > my stepson would have to be a party to the action against his mother,
we
> > > will not do it. If it
> > > just weren't for that little glitch. The amazing thing is that after
all
> > the
> > > squawking she did over every
> > > damn dime, she never, ever gave us a dime of support. It hasn't even
> > > occurred to her that she might
> > > have an obligation to us. Under statute, we could file for 4 years of
> > > support from her.
> > > She hasn't a clue. I would just love to see her face-- :-O (A fantasy

Live Wire Cycles NY/LI
July 27th 03, 09:52 PM
Hi All You Good Folks Who Have taken the time to answer and make suggestions
here. THANK YOU!
UPDATE:
I went digging though all of my records here (TONS OF STUFF - I never
throw anything out), and in fact I have located my certified copy of the
"Order Directing Custody" Pursuant To Section 651 of the Family Court Act
in addition to the certified agreement modifying custody and support filed
with the Supreme Court. Divorce was dated Oct 4, 1984 and support order
vacated on Aug. 1, 1987. So now I presume that 34 months of support that I
paid is NOW (almost 20 years later) being claimed, not to have been paid!
And it took almost 20 years to realize it! In fact got in touch with anyone
including this agency that clearly is in the business of locating deadbeat
Dad's. I am so embarrassed to have the inquiry on my credit report!
Question: How long do I need to legally hold Payment records? Must I
locate all of my paid checks to her now? How can she wait 20 years and come
back with this? I never asked for anything except that she visit my son and
send him gifts which she very rarely did. I don't think that she saw him 8
times in all these years! Whatever she could afford I encouraged
understandingly! She was my friend, my very first love. I would never bring
her to court and force her to pay. Not my style folks, I have a lot of
class, respect and I Never LIE. I Hate Liars. I'm a Retired Paramedic who
took care of a child that is mentally handicapped for all these years and
for many to come God Allowing! This was and is a full time job folks, and it
hasn't stopped yet! My son is 26 now, and has the mind of a 13 year old. He
has been treated for alienation of HIS MOTHER! I have the detailed psych.
notes that clearly establish this as being one of his major problems.
Here is the so called mother, my ex, looking for a hand out because she
knows that my mother recently passed away and I inherited a few pennies.
What kind of person does something like this? I feel sorry for her, I really
do.
If this agency continues with their quest to damage my reputation;
ignore the fact that I was (and still am) the single custodial parent of a
handicapped child, I may be forced to seek legal action and have major press
releases. These people accessed my credit profile with the excuse that they
didn't know where I was! The fact of the matter is, my ex knows where I am
and therefore they do too! My ex has called me anytime she has wished to and
we spoke on the phone within the past 7 months. My phone number has been the
same since 1991! I hate liar's!

Can anyone answer, how long do I need to legally hold payment records? Any
other advise would be appreciated...

Thank you so much..

George

________________

"Tracy" > wrote in message
. net...
> [...]
husband's
> > ex,
> > > we never filed for support
> > > from her for the years he was with us and it would now be a
substantial
> > > amount. BUT, because
> > > my stepson would have to be a party to the action against his mother,
we
> > > will not do it. If it
> > > just weren't for that little glitch. The amazing thing is that after
all
> > the
> > > squawking she did over every
> > > damn dime, she never, ever gave us a dime of support. It hasn't even
> > > occurred to her that she might
> > > have an obligation to us. Under statute, we could file for 4 years of
> > > support from her.
> > > She hasn't a clue. I would just love to see her face-- :-O (A fantasy

Bob Whiteside
July 27th 03, 10:23 PM
> [...]
really
> do.
> If this agency continues with their quest to damage my reputation;
> ignore the fact that I was (and still am) the single custodial parent of a
> handicapped child, I may be forced to seek legal action and have major
press
> releases. These people accessed my credit profile with the excuse that
they
> didn't know where I was! The fact of the matter is, my ex knows where I am
> and therefore they do too! My ex has called me anytime she has wished to
and
> we spoke on the phone within the past 7 months. My phone number has been
the
> same since 1991! I hate liar's!
>
> Can anyone answer, how long do I need to legally hold payment records? Any

Here is an opinion which of course is not legal advice. The order vacating
CS is your ace in the hole. That order superceded the original order, which
is most likely the only document they have. If no arrearage was alleged or
found at the time the original CS order was vacated, there is no basis for a
retroactive CS claim. I'd just tell the CS recovery scam there is no way
they can show you owe any back child support and you have a court order to
back you up. I wouldn't send them anything, particularly any personal
information. Tell them if they want a copy of the vacating order to get it
from their client. If they refuse to back down and drop their efforts, I'd
report them to the Texas Attorney General for running a fraudulent
operation.

frazil
August 1st 03, 10:04 PM
Tracy > wrote in message
> "frazil" > wrote in message
> > Something is fishy about your story. SupportKids makes it *very clear*
> that
> > in order to enlist their services the CP must have a court order
requiring
> > payment of CS from the NCP.
>

> That's probably why they are wanting to see the court order document
> concerning custody, etc. In other words, the documentation she provided
> them told them he owes her back support. But since the original
> documentation there were some changes, and they were legally documented.
So
> they want to clear things up.

Agreed, but what disturbs me is their refusal to provide their paper work,
in the first place..

> BTW folks - this is a good example why I've expressed over the years to
make
> those agreements legal. I know many people have some very strong
> opinions/feelings towards our court system - but making agreements legal
can
> save you a bundle in the future.

I wholly agree.