PDA

View Full Version : Child Support Enforcement CALLS LQQKING FOR INFO?

Live Wire Cycles NY/LI
August 1st 03, 11:23 PM
Today, I received another call from this is the private collection
agency "support kids" which is a web based business that identifies
themselves as child support enforcement and not "support kids" - BUT
"support kids" made an inquiry on my credit report and she said that she was
going to make another inquiry on my credit report today! So I guess that's
how I am identifying them hereinafter! This female agent (who sounds like a
PI) first starts saying that they do not have a change of custody order and
asked for the name of the judge who signed the order! So I gave the name of
the judge and also read my vacate of support nunc pro tunc back to the date
of the divorce! Then she goes on to say that welfare was collected in
another state for my child, (but fails to clarify what state when asked) and
asked me what schools did this child go to and I told her one. I asked her
if my ex collected welfare in another state and her response was she didn't
say that! CLEVER! RESPONSE WITH NO ANSWER! When I requested her to provide
me something in writing, she did not respond, and changed the subject,
continuing in a con like ramble! I told her that my attorney told me that I
don't need to respond to the call and could just hang up but I'm being a
nice guy by tying to cooperate with her! I told her that her company has no
right to make inquiries on my credit report and it was against Federal Law
to do so and this call was harassment! Then she throws in a new twist,
saying that there was welfare paid on this child between the years 1976
through 1986! And said that they have a lot of interested parties involved!
I told her I don't know what she was talking about!
I don't know what this agency is attempting to establish now at all because
if it's not one thing, it's another.. There was no support case that I was
aware of or welfare involved to the best of my knowledge!
I have not received anything from them in writing whatsoever! The tone
of the female caller is stern, and she says that she's trying to do me a
favor to straighten this out while adding that I need to go back to finish
my last year of law school (because I respond to calls like this in a very
detailed and legal sounding manor) !!!!
In the future, I am going to say, "Please send me a letter or a
summons!"
and
"Please contact my attorney a.s.a.p. at the following number BLA BLA
BLA........."
"Thank you in advance for not calling, have a good day!"

If my ex collected welfare in another state while I had custody of him
is information that is beyond my knowledge! I believe if she did, she would
be in
jail and they wouldn't be utilizing the services of this agency! This agency
is attempting to find something to collect!

What do you think?

George

Richard
August 2nd 03, 01:02 AM
"Live Wire Cycles NY/LI" > wrote in message
> [...]
> favor to straighten this out while adding that I need to go back to finish
> my last year of law school (because I respond to calls like this in a very
> detailed and legal sounding manor) !!!!
> In the future, I am going to say, "Please send me a letter or a
> summons!"
> and
> "Please contact my attorney a.s.a.p. at the following number BLA BLA
> BLA........."
> "Thank you in advance for not calling, have a good day!"
>
> If my ex collected welfare in another state while I had custody of him
> is information that is beyond my knowledge! I believe if she did, she
would
> be in
> jail and they wouldn't be utilizing the services of this agency! This
agency
> is attempting to find something to collect!

Never give out detailed information over the phone to some jackass who
claims to be from some "child support" agency.
As you have an attorney, by all means, direct such inquiries to your
attorney.
If they call again, get a return phone number from them.
How much ya wanna bet they won't give you one?
Watch your credit report carefully and any inquiries by this outfit, find
out who they are, where they are from and notify the local authorities of
their activity.
If you do decide to give out information, let them have all the WRONG
information.
When they come back later and say this has all been confirmed, you know it's
a scam.

Another thing I noticed. The years stated. This would make the child now 27
years old.
How is it you have custody of an adult?
Or was this another child involved during those years, and did your wife
live in another state at the time?
As you had custody, her collecting welfare would most likely put her in jail
if they found out.
My educated guess is, it's a scam.
Next time, direct them immediately to your attorney.

John-R W
August 2nd 03, 01:21 AM
"Live Wire Cycles NY/LI" > wrote in message

> What do you think?
>
> George

I think you should NOT be giving ANY information to someone on the phone.
You don't know who you are talking to, and for what purpose they are really
calling. If this is in fact a legal matter, the courts would be contacting
you through legal channels. This to me sounds kind of like a bill collector,
who has NO authority to do anything except harass you, but even then there
are very simple ways to make them not contact you anymore.

Jade
August 2nd 03, 02:03 AM
I think so too. Remember, unless it's a government agency, they cannot
reduce the amount anyone owes.